Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

WIS NCAA Football 2017 complete season re-play (with possible interaction involved)

Hey guys,

I am scrapping all my video game projects, of which I had NBA 2K17 and MVP Baseball 05 dynasty on, both of which hardly got off the ground. The reason being I just flat out don't have time to commit to those projects, as I have several other more important ones going on, such as my FBCB Interactive Dynasties and such. So.. no more video game projects in the near future.

Aside from my Interactive Dynasties on FBCB (Which I will be getting back to a lot more now that the semester is over and I have almost a 5 week break, thank god!), you guys know I do a lot of stuff with What-if Sports.

I have done something like this in the past where I replayed full seasons using WIS, and I had some interesting results. For instance, in the first year of the CFP, my WIS season replay saw Colorado winning the national title! Er, what??

Anyways, I have always just done top 25 rankings and such myself, but this year I wanted to try something different: I would like to get a selection committee of sorts going. I'm looking for up to 10 people that would be interested in filling out a top 25 after every week of the season (I plan on making it 1 game week per 1 actual week, just like in reality), where I would post the results on here, and then email everybody involved the top 25 results, standings, etc etc, then we vote, I tab the votes and announce the official top 25 for the week.

Basically, I'm wondering if any of you would like to commit to something like this, or if I would be better served just doing it on my own and not reporting it as a dynasty. I'd take up to 10 people, including myself. To me, it sounds like a fun little adventure, and a great way to interact with some of you guys that have been loyal readers and followers of my dynasties. So what say you? Any interest? Sign up here, or you can PM me an email address. Thanks.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I won't be starting this for a few days, as I have to wait for the 2017 NCAA Football teams to be put on What If Sports, so if anybody at all wants to be part of my voting committee, I would certainly appreciate it. Let me know, all you'll need to spare is an hour or 2 a week to make your top 25 lists. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #3
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
It looks interesting to me. I'm just afraid of those times when I can't really come to this site for a few weeks when life gets in the way. I hate to commit to that but miss a week or two.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
It looks interesting to me. I'm just afraid of those times when I can't really come to this site for a few weeks when life gets in the way. I hate to commit to that but miss a week or two.

Understood, my plan is to get a list of everybodys email addresses so that I can email things to them and they can in turn email me their top 25. I don't know if that is something that would work better for you or not. I have about 3 or 4 people from other sites that will be participating, and I'm going to go ahead and try to sim week 1 this week, just to get it started.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 PM   #5
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Understood, my plan is to get a list of everybodys email addresses so that I can email things to them and they can in turn email me their top 25. I don't know if that is something that would work better for you or not. I have about 3 or 4 people from other sites that will be participating, and I'm going to go ahead and try to sim week 1 this week, just to get it started.
I think that would work better for me, if it's not too much trouble for you. At times, I get so busy with things that I forget to use the computer or go to some of my favorite sites. I think if I had a reminder, I could find the time during the week to get to a computer and compile a top 25.

OK, sign me up, then!
Old 12-19-2017, 07:14 AM   #6
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think that would work better for me, if it's not too much trouble for you. At times, I get so busy with things that I forget to use the computer or go to some of my favorite sites. I think if I had a reminder, I could find the time during the week to get to a computer and compile a top 25.

OK, sign me up, then!

Not too much trouble for me at all, it's actually the way I was planning on doing it anyways. If you are sure that the email will work, let's do it. PM me your email address and I'll email you the initial top 25 we'll be working with, and some other info.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I am bumping this thread, because after I finish my 2016 WIS NCAA Football Season Replay, I will be starting a massive 2016-2017 WIS NCAA Basketball Season Replay, very similar to the one I did a few years ago.

I was able to, through different forums and such, get 5 voters for my top 25 for my football project. I'd like to double that number and get at least 10 voters, more if possible. It would be very simple, I'd send you a file once I've completed a week of games, it would have results, standings, etc, and you'd just vote for the top 25 for the next week of games and send it back to me. Very easy, and you'd have to do that once a week probably (I've been averaging one game week per actual week with my WIS NCAA Football sim). If that sounds like something anybody can handle, please pm me, or just reply here. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #8
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Count me in.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #9
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Count me in.

I knew I could count on you man. Now if you know any others that would be interested, I'm still looking for 2-4 more.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #10
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Bumping this, as I still need interest. If anybody can spare an hour a week, max, not even that much really, to do some voting (probably starting in late June early July at the latest) please let me know. I have 5 voters for my basketball project, would like to double that, but I'll take what I can get, even if it's only a couple more. Let me know.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #11
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Another bump, still looking for some extra help with my NCAA Basketball WIS sim which I will be starting soon. If anybody can spare an hour a week, probably not even nearly that much, to do some voting, I'm still in need of 4-5 more voters. Anybody?