Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #51
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

I have no problem with my character being used in stories, I'm just making sure that his personality is what it should be, besides for that use him as you like and just don't make him a damn murderer because I don't think he is one.

DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #52
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
I have no problem with my character being used in stories, I'm just making sure that his personality is what it should be, besides for that use him as you like and just don't make him a damn murderer because I don't think he is one.
No worries. It's not my story. Just my character and his suspicions. Whether or not yours is a murderer is not up to me. That's what's great about this interactive dynasty.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #53
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

sorry I didn't send a character and missed out on this render. the dungeon kept me too busy.
Blame it on the abe
Looks awesome
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #54
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

CF , if you buy a round I will regale you a tale about round of weeklings that happened after the epic battle between myself and Sir Ginsberg
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #55
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*gets ntndeacon drunk*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #56
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well Done Wesley Avenger!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #57
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
sorry I didn't send a character and missed out on this render. the dungeon kept me too busy.
Blame it on the abe
Looks awesome

You can send in an entry, you'll be entered into teh 2nd event.

And at the rate I'm going that should occur in oh 2025.... Sorry guys I've slacking a bit. Too many pots, 1 burner...
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #58
RendeR
Coordinator

Round TIlt 4:

Erik Flamebeard vs RendeR Von Snow

Theair at the arena is quiet, the apprehension after yesterdays awful events is palpable. Flamebeard teeters groggily toward his horse as Vons Snow sits astride his destrier as if nothing could bother him on such a fine clear day.

The very real chance of imminent death does not seem to be bothering these two. Flamebeard adjusts his light armor and glances over at Snow. RendeR sits there like a statue, his full plate armor, Shield and barding gleaming like silver in the sunlight. How will he break through such defenses?

RendeR never seems to move, right up to the point when they are directed to their places at the end of the lists.

Pass 1: Both riders take a mild pace, sizing one another up. They meet dead center of the lists and their lances fall.....With a loud SNAP Flamebeard strikes and breaks his lance against Snow's shield but RendeR barely moves in teh saddle. Snow's lance strikes but not with enough force to break. Erik gains the point advantage!!

5-1 Flamebeard!

Pass 2: Once again Von Snow directs his beast down the list and meets flamebeard dead center. Erik lowers his lance...and MISSES! Von Snow however leans in slamming his lance into the armor of ERik, shattering his lance and Flamebeard teeters.....and falls!! First unhorsing of this tilt to Lord Snow!

11-5 Snow!!!

Pass 3: Flamebeard has seem enough of the calm controlled strides of Snow, he charges his steed full force down the list. Reaching RendeR far to RendeR's side. Both men lean in and lower their lances! And both men miss. Flamebeard due to a lack of control at that speed, Snow because FLamebeard was bent halfway over trying to aim his lance.

11-5 Snow!!

Pass 4: Lord RendeR decides to try his hand at a high speed pass. urging his thoroughbred to top speed he and Flamebeard come together just at the central area. Lances crash, Lances SNAP, both men break their lances but fail to unhorse their opponent.

16-10 Snow!!

Pass 5: Once again the combatants urge their mounts forward, once again the lances drop towards their marks...and once again both men miss completely....Perhaps our knights have tired themselves?

16-10 Snow!

Pass 6: Once again Flamebeard gets a bit of an edge in speed and Snow is steady on course, Flamebeard STRIKES, and his lance shatters! Snow's lance just misses its mark!

16-15 Snow with 2 passes left!

Pass 7: Flamebeard presses his advantage in speed as Snow's amror plated self seems to be weighing badly on his horse. They meet slightly to RendeR's side of the list. Lances falls and RendeR STRIKES! but his lance bounces away without breaking. Erik's Lance dropped too low and slipped under RendeR entirely.

17-15 Lord Snow!

Pass 8: Final pass of this round, the horses heave as they try to regain breath, the riders bear down a bit more, any single strike could turn the tide here! The lances come down as they approach one another at the center marker.....and both lances drop far too low!!! They MISSED one another again!!

Final Score Lord RendeR Von Snow 17 Erik Flamebeard 15 Good solid match, but both speed and heavily armoring yourself seem to have proven to wear down the mounts over time. Though it is not lost on the spectators that Lord Snow was never unhorsed. It seems that armor can asve you from something after all.

Statistics:

RendeR: 4 Strikes, 2 Lances Broken, 1 Unhorsing
Flamebeard: 3 Strikes, 3 Lances broken

Last edited by RendeR : 04-28-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #59
RendeR
Coordinator

"Good match SIr. I am honrored to have fought such a noble combatant."

With a short bow Lord RendeR Strides away to Prepare for round 2.

For the record my Son Aemon did all the math for me on this one to help avoid any bias I might have had. He got all upset when I was behind but then kept cheering on Flamebeard as he closed up the gap later on. I was like "Who are you rooting for kid??"

The Armor save made a huge difference. As tehre was only 1 chance in 6 that I'd get unhorsed due to my loading up on armor. My horse on the other hand got REALLY tired. I couldn't get any sort of speed advantage. At ;east 3 times Erik, if he had struck instead of missing would have broken more lances easily due to the speed advantage.

This is really getting fun to watch unfold as all the varieties of entry take the field.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #60
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Sir Cumstance bows deeply as Render passes, a sign of respect?

No, from the noises which follow its simply a revisitation of last nights Chicken Tikka .... as to whether this is pre-joust nerves or simply an ill-advised meal ... he's not in a condition to say currently.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #61
RendeR
Coordinator

Round 1 Tilt 5:

Sir Cumstance vs Sir Swamp Person

After the solemness of the previous tilt the crowd seems to have become energized as the next two men take to the list. Sir Cumstance on his percheron and Sir Swamp perrson riding a smaller thoroughbred horse.

Both men wear heavy armor. This should be a good test of the speed vs strength issue!

Pass 1: Sir Swamp Person wastes no time getting his thoroughbred up to speed, meeting Sir Cumstance far to his side of the list, and it appears this great speed difference surprised the knight because his lance never fell in time. Unfortunately for him Sir Swamp person was dead on target, striking, breaking his lance and unhorsing Sir Cumstance! First blood to Sir Swamp Person.

10-0 Sir Swamp Person!!

Pass 2: Sir Swamp Person seems to be faster than anything live right now, nearly 3/4 the way down the list he strikes before Sir Cumstance can even get his lance in the cradle. Shattering his lance upon his chest. Sir Cumstance again never gets close to his target and misses.

15-0 Sir Swamp Person!!

Pass 3: The nex t pass find Sir Cumstance getting his bearings and speeing up his Percheron a bit. The combatants come together at center list. Their lances fall and their lances both snap in twain upon the other rider but the heavy armor saves them both from a horrendous fall. Sir Cumstance has Scored!

20-5 Sir Swamp Person!!

Pass 4: Again both men come together, near center list. This time both lances start to fall and slip past one another harmlessly. No Points!

20-5 Sir Swamp Person!

Pass 5: The 5th pass sees both competitors controlling their mounts more, speeds are closer together with Sir Swamp person holding a definite edge. The lances fall and Both explode against their opponents. Both men showing quite some skill here today!! If not for the slow start Sir Cumstance would be right in the hunt!

25-10 Sir Swamp person!

Pass 6: Sir Swamp Person can smell a victory, he pushes Gator to ridiculous speeds charging down on Sir Cumastance fast and furiosuly. Lances both strike, They both shatter but the added momentum of Gator throws Sir Cumstance from his steed crashing him into the center barrier!! The medical team checks him over and decides he is fit to ride!

35-15 Sir Swamp Person!!

Pass 7: Once more the coursers carry their lancers against one another. Gator covering ground like a horse possesed. As they meet they both STRIKE, they both break their lances! Sir Swamp Person teeters a bit but manages to stay upright. Sir Cumstance raoccks backwards, flailing at the reigns to control himself and after almost reeling himself back slips off and crashes to teh ground. He lays there very still as the medical teams converge. The stadium falls silent worried that another contestant may have been hurt. THe med tea waves out teh stretcher. Sir Cumstance is unconscious and canot continue! They do believe he will recover fully however! When this is announced the stands erupt with a great ovation for Sir Swamp person who has put on a fantastic show!

55-20 Sir Swamp person WINS by KNOCKOUT!!!

Statistics:

Sir Cumstance: 4 Strikes, 4 Broken Lances
Sir Swamp Person: 6 Strikes, 6 broken Lances, 3 Unhorsings, 1 Knockout!!

Last edited by RendeR : 04-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:10 AM   #62
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Six hours later.

A body lies inert on a hospital bed, breathing slowly.

His eyelids flicker.

Lifting his head Sir Cumstance looks around slowly ....

"Damn" thinks Cumstance, "thats a good way to sleep through a hangover, I should joust more often"
Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #63
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As dawn rises, outside the camp of Erik Flamebeard, one sees Flammende Kaffe, the mighty steed Of The Neither Here Nor There.

He seems to be a bit worse for wear, with a black eye and an empty wineskin sitting beside him.

As for the Viking Lord himself? He has not been seen since his fight, though the most unnerving noises have come from his tent, along with a throng of servants carrying barrels of beer.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #64
AnalBumCover
College Starter

With only one tilt remaining before his event against Prince Pouncelot, Dex Morgan decides to jump on the training horse and get used to riding and aiming a lance.

He was not two minutes into his session before he realized that he doesn't have any armor to protect himself like the other contestants.

Shit.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 04-29-2012 at 07:43 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #65
PilotMan
Head Coach

Gavin has realized that even though he won his tilt, his lance wasn't polished well enough. So he's had a variety of young maidens spending all day, day after day polishing his lance. Such is the life of Gavin the Gold.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #66
RendeR
Coordinator

oi
Old 05-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #67
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Gavin has realized that even though he won his tilt, his lance wasn't polished well enough. So he's had a variety of young maidens spending all day, day after day polishing his lance. Such is the life of Gavin the Gold.

Are you not worried that future maidens might not want to polish a lance which has already received so much buffing?

Circumstance is saving his lance for the right maiden - he doesn't let just anyone polish it, remember everyone we're setting an example for every youth watching this tournament - so have another round and don't fall over.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #68
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Are you not worried that future maidens might not want to polish a lance which has already received so much buffing?

Circumstance is saving his lance for the right maiden - he doesn't let just anyone polish it, remember everyone we're setting an example for every youth watching this tournament - so have another round and don't fall over.

There's no guarantee of a tomorrow in Jousting! Look at our less whole fellow Silvers over there! His lance will have never known polishing. Apparently neither will yours Sir Stance.

Like Steam?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #69
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Sir Stance.

....ah...I see what you did there....
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #70
RendeR
Coordinator

Once again the crowds settle in as the competitors get set to face off in the Joust.

Sir Din
-vs-
Paavo Laaksonnen

Pass 1: Pavvo and Sir Din face one another down and then they're both OFF! straining their mounts to high speed along the list. They meet, the lances fall and Sir Din Misses! Pavvo parried nicely and shatters his lance against Sir Din's armor.

5-0 Paavo!

Pass 2: (Gm interruption: I'm still laughing my ass off at this pass. I just rolled 4 straight 1's. a roll of 1 to strike is a mishap, meaning something bad happens. A second roll of 1 means you hit your opponents head, which is a penalty. I just got that result for BOTH riders.)
The jousters have at one another a second time, this time they meet mid-list and their lances.....slam solidly into one another's HEADS. TWIN penalties! The crowd lets out everything from panicked shrieks to loud cheers to angry yells at such horrible manners!

0 - -5 Paavo still leads with no points (lulz)

Pass 3: After a warning that head shots are illegal both riders come at one another once again. This time Sir Din has a speed advantage and as they close on one another the lances come....OH so close to another head shot, by BOTH KNIGHTS! Luckily both just missed, though Sir Din is missing a bit of feather off his helm.

The crowd is getting angry now. Such un-chivalrous acts by the competitors is not sitting well.

0 - -5 Paavo

Pass 4: The officials take a moment to "chat" with both riders before sending them back down the lists. Sir Din Is getting the hang of this speed advantage and hurtles down the list like a Kentucky Derby winner. The knights come together and Sir Din's Lance strikes and shatters bearing Pavvo to the ground in a heap of clanking armor!

5-0 Sir Din!!

Pass 5: Once again the knights charge, once again the amazing speed of Sir Din's horse, FOxFire, is readily apparent. The momentum he carries is just insane. The knights meet well to Paavo's side of the list and when the lances fall...paavo has missed again! More than that he's been crushed by another solid broken lance and tossed to the ground once more!!! Another unhorsing! The Medical staff come out to check his condition and he shoves one of them away harshly. he appears to be very upset though he is controlling it well.

15-0 Sir Din!

Pass 6: Paavo is obviously out of sorts, he has trouble getting his charger to turn and start his run, Sir Din looks comfortable and rests Foxfire a bit taking a more leisurely pace this pass. The knights come together at mid field and Sir Din strikes! while Paavo's lance slips under his targets arm.

20-0 Sir Din!

Pass 7: Paavo needs to unhorse Sir Din in the last two passes to have a chance, or knock him out altogether! As they meet along the list their lances both strike, their lances both shatter and BOTH riders fall!! Amazing pass! THe medical teams rush out to the knights to assess the damages....Paavo leaps to his feet and remounts his steed. Sir Din gets up, albeit more slowly and he looks a bit sore as he remounts Foxfire. One Pass to GO!

30-10 Sir Din!

Pass 8: This is it for Paavo, he must either knock the man out, or kill him to advance. Anything less is defeat. The horses turn, and charge ......

Paavo lunges his lance at Sir Din trying to meet out every ounce of strength.....to no avail, he misses completely. Sir Din however breaks yet another lance on his opponent.

35-10 Sir Din WINS!

Statistics:

Sir Din: 6 strikes, 5 borken lances, 3 Unhorsings and 1 penalty
Paavo: 3 strikes, 2 broken lances, 1 unhorsing, and 1 penalty

Last edited by RendeR : 05-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #71
RendeR
Coordinator

Tilt 7!!
Dex Morgan (AnalBumCober)
Code of Harry
-vs-
Prince Pouncealot (KingFC22)
Black Sky

The crowds murmur to themselves at how unprofessional the last two riders were. They are eager to see some knightly virtue! Pouncealot and morgan take their places...its time to JOUST!

Pass 1: Dex and Pouncealot charge down the list Both knights strike their enemy, but Dex loses his grip and falls! Unhorsing to Prince Pouncealot!!

10-1 Prince Pouncealot!

Pass 2: Again the coursers charge. Lances meet at mid list and both knights STRIKE! Dex shatters his against his opponents chest. howerever the force of the blow allows Prince pouncealot's lance to skitter off without breaking!

11-6 Prince Pouncealot!!

Pass 3: Down the list they ride, Dex gaining just a small advantage in speed. they come together and HOLY cow! Prince Pouncelot is crumpled against the dividing wall and Dex's helmet flies into the STANDS! PENALTY to Prince Pouncelot! his lance appears to have ridden up into Dex's Head as Dex slammed him off his horse! The crowd is going nuts as the medical teams rush to check on Prince's condition as well as Dex's mental faculties after such a horrific strike! Both men rise and scream numerous vile insults at one another. The anger and tension in the arena is about to explode!

16-6 Dex Morgan!

Pass 4: The anger these men feel atm is almost palpable as they charge into one another. Dex again maintains a light speed advantage, its not much but it might make a difference. Both lances Strike, but neither man can break their weapon.

17-7 Dex!

Pass 5: Once again The knights come together but their anger has distracted them and they miss one another completely.

17-7 Dex!!

Pass 6: It appears the emotions have ruined our jousters as once again they miss utterly. Some boos can be heard coming from the stands.

Pass 7: The knights come together at the center point, lances descend and Dex STRIKES!, Prince pouncealot's lance is parried just out of target range.

18-7 Dex Morgan!!

Pass 8: The horses heave and rear and charge down the list. Dirt and sand fly from their hooves. just to Prince's side of the center they meet and both men STRIKE! Dex does not snap his lance however and Prince Pouncealot does! Dex teeters momentarily but his mount settles quickly allowing him to remain mounted.

19-12 Dex Morgan WINS!!!

Statistics:

Prince Pouncealot: 5 Strikes, 2 broken lances, 1 unhorsing and 1 Penalty
Dex Morgan: 6 Strikes, 2 Broken lances, 1 unhorsing

Last edited by RendeR : 05-05-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #72
britrock88
Pro Starter

Love the double penalty.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #73
RendeR
Coordinator

Round 1 Tilt 8

Jawouk Bafou
-vs-
Chief Osceola

The final tilt in round 1 is upon us, who will enter the Quarter Finals?

Pass 1: Osceola and Bafou head straight at one another Bafou Gets a good speed edge and the knights STRIKE! both lances shatter and BOTH knights crash to the sand. What a way to start the Tilt!!!

Medics check both out and put them back on their horses!

10-10!

Pass 2: Neither man can get a speed edge in pass 2 when they meet dead center. Osceola's lance explodes against bafou, while bafou's lance is parried just away.

15-10 Chief Osceola!

Pass 3: After such a promising start both men are seeming to have trouble getting their lances on target. No points on this pass.

15-10 Chief Osceola!

Pass 4: Both knights fly down the list urging their horses faster and faster. both lances STRIKE! both lances BREAK! but Osceola loses his balance and topples from his horse while Bafou remains seated!!

20-20 TIE!

Pass 5: Osceola gains a slight speed edge as they come together. Both lances STRIKE, but only Bafou's breaks! Osceola tips....lunges for the reigns but then falls to the ground. The medical staff stand with Chief Osceola for a bit longer than would seem normal but in the end they release him to return to the fight. He bleeds from the arm where he fell into the fencing.

30-21 Bafou!!

Pass 6: The jousters meet dead center of the list on this pass, both lances lower toward their opponents and....Miss. no points.

30-21 Bafou!!

Pass 7: This time Bafou gets the speed edge however the jostling at that speed seems to throw off his aim and he nearly slams Chief Osceola's helmet. Osceola however slams his lance home shattering it but not quite enough to unhorse Bafou!

30-26 bafou!

pass 8: This is it, one pass to get to the Quarter-Finals! Chief Osceola turns the tide in speed as his urgency pushes him forward. Bafou MISSES! Chief Osceola STRIKES! and BREAKS! and bafou FLIES off his Horse!!! WHAT a COMEBACK!

Chief OSCEOLA WINS! 36-30!!

Statistics:

3 Strikes, 3 broken Lances, 3 unhorsings
6 Strikes, 5 broken lances, 2 Unhorsings

Last edited by RendeR : 05-05-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #74
RendeR
Coordinator

The Quarter Final Round will pair off the first round winners seeded from most points to least points. Your pairings are:

(1)Sir Swamp person
VS
(8)Sir Gavin the Gold

(2)Chief Osceola
vs
(7)RendeR Von Snow

(3)David Ginsberg
vs
(6)Dex Morgan

(4)Sir Din
vs
(5)Wesley Avenger

Last edited by RendeR : 05-05-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #75
britrock88
Pro Starter

Ugh, worst last 3 passes possible after building a 30-21 lead!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #76
PilotMan
Head Coach

Meh, seeds mean nothing. Performance in the past is no guarantee of future performance.

Like Steam?

Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #77
AnalBumCover
College Starter

The quick lesson on the training horse proved useful as Dex Morgan escaped his duel against Prince Pouncealot with a victoy. Now that his event has passed and there's a little break before his next run, Dex can now go back to tracking the killer before he strikes again.

Unfortunately the trail went cold after his recent encounter at the bar. He couldn't find anything that would link David Ginsberg to the death of Sterling Symkus.

But he wont count him out just yet. Luck of the draw pits Dex and Ginsgerg together in the second round.

Lucky? Mere coincidence? Or an act of collusion?

From across the bar Dex spots Prince Pouncealot mulling over the events of the afternoon. They make eye contact and Dex smiles and raises his stein towards the prince.

Dex replays the joust with Pouncealot in his head. He begins to wonder if the prince's strike to his head on the third pass and the misses on the later passes were intentional.

Without breaking eye contact, Dex takes his sip of ale as Pouncealot does the same.

Do I see sheets of plastic in your future?

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 05-07-2012 at 10:11 AM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #78
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
The quick lesson on the training horse proved useful as Dex Morgan escaped his duel against Prince Pouncealot with a victoy. Now that his event has passed and there's a little break before his next run, Dex can now go back to tracking the killer before he strikes again.

Unfortunately the trail went cold after his recent encounter at the bar. He couldn't find anything that would link David Ginsberg to the death of Sterling Symkus.

But he wont count him out just yet. Luck of the draw pits Dex and Ginsgerg together in the second round.

Lucky? Mere coincidence? Or an act of collusion?

From across the bar Dex spots Prince Pouncealot mulling over the events of the afternoon. They make eye contact and Dex smiles and raises his stein towards the prince.

Dex replays the joust with Pouncealot in his head. He begins to wonder if the prince's strike to his head on the third pass and the misses on the later passes were intentional.

Without breaking eye contact, Dex takes his sip of ale as Pouncealot does the same.

Do I see sheets of satin in our future?

I'm thinking that like Transformers, there's more than meets the eye here.

Like Steam?

Old 05-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #79
RendeR
Coordinator

THe Quarter Finals should begin tonight, unless there is a terrible change in plans.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #80
RendeR
Coordinator

OK I lied. Family shit intervened.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #81
PilotMan
Head Coach

I do believe that the event organizer was skewered last night due to losing a bet, when Guns and Roses actually reformed the original band before the next event took place.

Like Steam?

Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #82
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry fellas, this is coming, life is... difficult lately.