Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #1651
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I see your point, thanks for explaining. I have the flu and am a little sluggish today

well like I said earlier Cronin, I generaly don't vote for someone unless I want them lynched.

And usualy the earlier I vote the more I think they are guilty.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #1652
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
This just made me blink a couple times. Lathum, you said that if you three early votes guarantees you being lynched, but with your second early vote on Swaggs, there was no way you could have known he would be lynched? Also, it seems like you're arguing against the argument cronin made to defend you -- I thought he was saying that if you DID know Swaggs would be lynched, that means you're more likely to be good, since the play is definitely more negative when Swaggs turned up villager.

Pass I meant if I get 3 early votes I am gone.

Not trying to sound pompous, thats just how things have gone for me lately.

Does that make more sense?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #1653
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I voted for Anxiety earlier in game. Then he got this item. I trusted him then because I didnt think the item would be given to a wolf. Yet now he claims to have rejected the wolves and found no consequences but that they took his item and used it? Bullcrap. You didnt reject them. You accepted.

Vote Anxiety

I've thought the same thing - that his announcement of rejecting the underground could just have easily been cover because he did accept them.

However, at the same time, he did tell everyone that he thought I was good:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Folks, just read my pm. I received the other half of my item from mccollins, so I suspect he is good. If anyone can help him, please, do so.

But this from Barkeep (in reference to Anxiety rejecting the underground) always seemed just a little off to me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Good for you anxiety! Good for you!
You never know if something happened to him while off the boat as well.

Just gathering some data!
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #1654
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I've thought the same thing - that his announcement of rejecting the underground could just have easily been cover because he did accept them.

However, at the same time, he did tell everyone that he thought I was good:

But this from Barkeep (in reference to Anxiety rejecting the underground) always seemed just a little off to me:

You never know if something happened to him while off the boat as well.

Just gathering some data!

don't be fooled by that kind of stuff, if he is a wolf he would know that you are good.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #1655
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I thought the same thing about Anxiety also.

It would definantly be in his charecture to reject the underground, which makes me wonder if he really did.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #1656
mccollins
College Prospect

For the record, as much as he argues and defends himself, I'm inclined to trust him this vote.
Earlier in the game, cronin seemed to shoot down any lead or idea that anyone had. However, over the course of the past day, he seems to have more normal villager play. So I don't want to vote for him either.

That being said, it's time to look for real leads rather than arguing and kvetching for pages!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #1657
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
For the record, as much as he argues and defends himself, I'm inclined to trust him this vote.
Earlier in the game, cronin seemed to shoot down any lead or idea that anyone had. However, over the course of the past day, he seems to have more normal villager play. So I don't want to vote for him either.

That being said, it's time to look for real leads rather than arguing and kvetching for pages!

who are you refering to here?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #1658
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Earlier in the game, cronin seemed to shoot down any lead or idea that anyone had.

I like to play devil's advocate.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #1659
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I like to play devil's advocate.

No you don't. Let's stop talking about that.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:11 AM   #1660
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
who are you refering to here?
Sorry, I should have stated your name (rather than relying on the quote).
The first line refers to Lathum; the rest refers to cronin.

Unless more evidence comes out before 3pm, I'm not voting for either of them today and we need to figure out what leads we have.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #1661
mccollins
College Prospect

Current unofficial vote count:
St. Cronin - Barkeep49 (1555), Claphamsa (1559)
Lathum - Path12 (1536)
jeheinz72 - Sonic Youth (1585)
oliegirl - Chief Rum (1527)
KWhit - Jackal (1520)
Claphamsa - TazFTW (1549)
Anxiety - Nfg22 (1644)
Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #1662
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Alright - I've been in the thread since about 8 am, but with work and so many pages to catch up on, I just now finished reading everything.

First of all, I am SO sorry about being kind of absent this game...I'm trying to keep up and contribute what I can while I'm home, but I didn't expect the complications with my dad to occur and take up so much of my spare time. I do assure you that I am a vanilla villager, no powers other than the item I have that I completed with NFG.

My PM this morning stated that I browsed the pawn shop but did not find anything of interest so I didn't purchase anything.

At this point, most of my suspicion is on Path. Unless I missed something (which is completely possible) we still can't account for his whereabouts that 1st night and that means he is our most likely candidate for conversion up to now. If I missed something that clears him, I'm happy to change my vote, but until that happens...

VOTE PATH12
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #1663
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Current unofficial vote count:
St. Cronin - Barkeep49 (1555), Claphamsa (1559)
Lathum - Path12 (1536)
jeheinz72 - Sonic Youth (1585)
oliegirl - Chief Rum (1527)
KWhit - Jackal (1520)
Claphamsa - TazFTW (1549)
Anxiety - Nfg22 (1644)

Ok, as I've said, I'm not comfortable voting for Cronin or Lathum this go round.

The vote on jeheinz is pretty much a spite vote from Sonic Youth (or so it seems).

The votes on Oliegirl and KWhit are "gut" votes. That's worth something, but more evidence helps.

Claphamsa and Anxiety are on my radar for reasons I've explained this morning. However, if either of them are good and we lynch them, I don't see much info gained from it. It doesn't seem like a "take one for the team" kind of situation.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #1664
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in the midst of a teaching SIP day which is incredibly painful. Let me throw out a provisional, just in case.

vote St. Cronin
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #1665
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Claphamsa and Anxiety are on my radar for reasons I've explained this morning. However, if either of them are good and we lynch them, I don't see much info gained from it.

Actually they are connected by the sword. By itself I don't know what it could mean, but added to some other clue somebody might come up with, we might be able to learn something.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #1666
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
so I'm not supposed to defend myself?

You can defend yourself as much as you'd like. I'm just saying that until your story about the ropes is verified, you are my top candidate, that's all.

On a side note, I'm going to Canada for the weekend in about 2-3 hours and won't be back until Sunday evening. Plus it's actually supposed to be nice this weekend! Yay!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #1667
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Raiders Army was first to vote for Swaggs in post #1032.
Lathum was second in post #1033.

For whatever that's worth.

I must say, you are handy to have around. Of course, exactly how some people would play a wolf, but handy nonetheless.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #1668
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm in the midst of a teaching SIP day which is incredibly painful. Let me throw out a provisional, just in case.

vote St. Cronin

And you were off the boat with Barkeep over night and claphamsa keeps following his vote.

Now is a good opportunity to review who has spent a night off the ship. Maybe that's required for underground indoctrination

First night: Path12
Second night: none.
Third night: Barkeep49 and PurdueBrad; (Sonic Youth was with the cops. All night?)
Fourth night: none.

On the ship during the day is also somewhat suspicious, but we've seen that it would be pretty easy to lie about your whereabouts once you find out where no one sees each other.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #1669
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You can defend yourself as much as you'd like. I'm just saying that until your story about the ropes is verified, you are my top candidate, that's all.

well considering we already have sailed to another port I consider it unlikely my story will ever be verifid.

I hope customs strip searches you!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #1670
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
VOTE CLAPHAMSA

Not really a good reason, but a collection of minor reasons.

- has voted for me just about every day
- if he turns up guilty, we look hard at Anxiety
- hasn't contributed anything to my understanding of how the game works

I'll chime in a couple of other potential reasons:

- Anxiety vouched for him as "not wolf/underground" per Fortune Teller early in the game
- if the underground get to pick their targets (does Anxiety seem like a pick or a random selection?), then a guy who is early trusted is a tempting target
- if Clap was offered a chance to go wolf, I think he would take it (unlike Anxiety)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #1671
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
dola- I thought the same thing about Anxiety also.

It would definantly be in his charecture to reject the underground, which makes me wonder if he really did.

Abe is a crafty wolf. If it wasn't for the fact I've got such a hard-on for you I'd probably be looking in his direction.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #1672
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Abe is a crafty wolf. If it wasn't for the fact I've got such a hard-on for you I'd probably be looking in his direction.

err, about that tour of Seattle...
Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #1673
st.cronin
General Manager

I am thinking about conversion the same way other people are. My assumption HAD been that on day 0 a number of us would become wolves. We didn't see anything nefarious until Lathum claimed the ropes were cut, and we didn't have a kill until Raiders Army, so I may have been wrong about that - but I don't think its the case that the wolves get to pick who they convert. I think our choices determine whether we end up in a conversion situation.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #1674
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
At this point, most of my suspicion is on Path. Unless I missed something (which is completely possible) we still can't account for his whereabouts that 1st night and that means he is our most likely candidate for conversion up to now. If I missed something that clears him, I'm happy to change my vote, but until that happens...

There's nothing to clear me that I'm aware of. I'm as vanilla as a bean though, I've had no options at any point, not found any objects, nada zip zilch. I may be the most clueless player in the game right now.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #1675
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, left out a NOT in that first sentence, last post should read:

Quote:
I am NOT thinking about conversion the same way other people are. My assumption HAD been that on day 0 a number of us would become wolves. We didn't see anything nefarious until Lathum claimed the ropes were cut, and we didn't have a kill until Raiders Army, so I may have been wrong about that - but I don't think its the case that the wolves get to pick who they convert. I think our choices determine whether we end up in a conversion situation.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #1676
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Don't worry, I'll be gentle.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #1677
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm leaning towards voting for one of clap, anxiety or cronin. I can't decide which.

All I know is, this spread of votes isn't looking good in my mind. If the wolves have determined that we need x% to lynch someone, their spreading of their votes is them mitigating our chances of anyone dying (and thus continuing the pattern of most of us being completely in the dark)
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #1678
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'll chime in a couple of other potential reasons:

- Anxiety vouched for him as "not wolf/underground" per Fortune Teller early in the game
- if the underground get to pick their targets (does Anxiety seem like a pick or a random selection?), then a guy who is early trusted is a tempting target
- if Clap was offered a chance to go wolf, I think he would take it (unlike Anxiety)

Anxiety seems like a pick because the underground knew he had just put together "something very potent" as he termed it.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #1679
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
If the wolves have determined that we need x% to lynch someone

I think actually the wolves would be pushing this harder than a villager. The wolves want lynches, the villagers want information - which is sometimes generated by close, spread out votes. The wolves want runaways.

I still think its possible we have normal voting rules, a tie gives us no lynch, and something happened to SY before he could be kicked off the boat.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #1680
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't think voting Anxiety is a good play today. I tend to believe his story and there's always tomorrow to go after him.

I say that because he said this:

Quote:
The underground have appraoched me to join them, and claimed they have planted evidence at a crime scene should I choose to rejest them. I am rejecting them, though.

Now, if he's not lying, then I suspect something will happen to him because of the whole 'planted evidence at the crime scene.' If he's taken away or detained by police or something, then his story might be true. If nothing happens, then he's likely lying and we can go after him then.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #1681
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
I am thinking about conversion the same way other people are. My assumption HAD been that on day 0 a number of us would become wolves. We didn't see anything nefarious until Lathum claimed the ropes were cut, and we didn't have a kill until Raiders Army, so I may have been wrong about that - but I don't think its the case that the wolves get to pick who they convert. I think our choices determine whether we end up in a conversion situation.

Then how do you explain Anxiety's situation last night with the underground henchmen approaching him for conversion? I don't they can randomly choose who they want, but rather they have a list of people who chose certain actions that they can select from. I think Anxiety said he'd gone shopping and they cornered him in a dark alley, but I don't remember where Path had gone that first night that he couldn't get back on the boat.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #1682
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
dola, left out a NOT in that first sentence, last post should read: I am NOT thinking about conversion the same way other people are. My assumption HAD been that on day 0 a number of us would become wolves. We didn't see anything nefarious until Lathum claimed the ropes were cut, and we didn't have a kill until Raiders Army, so I may have been wrong about that - but I don't think its the case that the wolves get to pick who they convert. I think our choices determine whether we end up in a conversion situation.

This would make sense - Anxiety has the completed 'potent' item and is then given a choice by the mechanic of the game to become part of the underground.

I thought that if I had the completed sword I would get to be the hunter or something so I kept it quiet (despite heavy hints to Anxiety) until Anxiety mentioned receiving it.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #1683
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, that's one of the reasons I'm suspicious of Barkeep. He's been pushing runaway votes as a strategy for a while now.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #1684
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I think actually the wolves would be pushing this harder than a villager. The wolves want lynches, the villagers want information - which is sometimes generated by close, spread out votes. The wolves want runaways.

I still think its possible we have normal voting rules, a tie gives us no lynch, and something happened to SY before he could be kicked off the boat.

This is my thinking as well.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #1685
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with KWhit

Vote Path12

The fact that he was out all the first night make me wonder about him
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1686
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

why in the name of god would you want a tour of Seattle?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1687
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Then how do you explain Anxiety's situation last night with the underground henchmen approaching him for conversion?

Well, I don't know what, if anything, I believe about Anxiety's story. But if I believe it completely, it doesn't clash with what I'm saying at all, which is that the Underground didn't PICK him, they were PRESENTED with him because of HIS actions.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1688
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I don't think voting Anxiety is a good play today. I tend to believe his story and there's always tomorrow to go after him.

I say that because he said this:

Now, if he's not lying, then I suspect something will happen to him because of the whole 'planted evidence at the crime scene.' If he's taken away or detained by police or something, then his story might be true. If nothing happens, then he's likely lying and we can go after him then.

This is true - if Anxiety is not lynched, there is a high probability that we find out information by what might happen to him next. Planted evidence, killed for not converting, etc.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1689
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, my premise on the game is that "nothing is random". In other words, we get to make choices.

Anxiety's account of the conversion is that he was allowed to make a choice on joining the team - he chose not to join.

I fully expect the first person to join the wolves did so by virtue of their choice in destination and, potentially, their associated task.

In other words, I think it is a combination of "their" choices and "our" choices that determine the conversion.

This also factors into my concerns around Clap ... I'm pretty confident he would have said "hell yeah!" if given a choice to join the wolf team.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1690
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
dola, that's one of the reasons I'm suspicious of Barkeep. He's been pushing runaway votes as a strategy for a while now.

And claphamsa keeps backing him up.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #1691
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE CLAPHAMSA
Old 04-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #1692
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Well, I don't know what, if anything, I believe about Anxiety's story. But if I believe it completely, it doesn't clash with what I'm saying at all, which is that the Underground didn't PICK him, they were PRESENTED with him because of HIS actions.

Sorry, I misread your original post on this, we are saying the same thing, just in different ways Damn phone ringing and interrupting my ww concentration!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #1693
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree with KWhit

Vote Path12

The fact that he was out all the first night make me wonder about him

My working theory is that it takes 2 underground to perform a conversion or kill. This is because 2 henchmen cornered Anxiety - that seems important to me (and unique for a WW game, I think).

So I think we should look closely at the people who have been out all night on nights when there weren't wolf kills. It's possible that the wolves were doing other things (conversions, etc) on those nights, but it might be that they couldn't make a kill because they didn't have the number of people required to do so.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #1694
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Then how do you explain Anxiety's situation last night with the underground henchmen approaching him for conversion? I don't they can randomly choose who they want, but rather they have a list of people who chose certain actions that they can select from. I think Anxiety said he'd gone shopping and they cornered him in a dark alley, but I don't remember where Path had gone that first night that he couldn't get back on the boat.

In that instance, Path said he fell asleep on the beach (IIRC). He definitely went to the beach that day, hence the high vote on Claphamsa that day who also went to the beach.

A fortune teller then told (Anxiety? nfg22?) that claphamsa was not a threat. But then that would immediately make him a good conversion target.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #1695
KWhit
Coordinator

Gotta run to lunch - be back in an hour or so....
Old 04-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #1696
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, my premise on the game is that "nothing is random". In other words, we get to make choices.

Anxiety's account of the conversion is that he was allowed to make a choice on joining the team - he chose not to join.

I fully expect the first person to join the wolves did so by virtue of their choice in destination and, potentially, their associated task.

In other words, I think it is a combination of "their" choices and "our" choices that determine the conversion.

I guess my main point is that I don't THINK that the underground gets to just pick somebody to convert. Which seems like you are thinking the same way. So the argument "such and such was trusted, he'd be a great candidate for conversion" is a silly argument in this game. That's where I'm coming from.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #1697
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Correct, but the wolves only want lynches if those lynches are villagers.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if a wolf is in the mix for the lynch, their vote anywhere is effectively just as potent whereas in "regular" WW, it is the most votes.

Now, you're right, we don't know 100% that it's a % based voting thing, but I'm inclined to think it is, since the Day that SY was voted out, he didn't leave immediately as Swaggs did, he had a whole excursion and *then* left the boat. So I see those as two separate events (un-lynched and arrested/gone)
Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #1698
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
the Day that SY was voted out, he didn't leave immediately as Swaggs did, he had a whole excursion and *then* left the boat. So I see those as two separate events (un-lynched and arrested/gone)

I don't think this is true, let me pull up the post.

knives out
Old 04-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #1699
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't think this is true, let me pull up the post.

Please do, that's how I recall it, but I have been too lazy to check that.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #1700
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
why in the name of god would you want a tour of Seattle?

because we are likely moving there