Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
FOFC PokerStars Colossal Squid Tourney, #34 (11/6/2005)

Hello all,

Sorry I forgot to set up a tourney a couple of weeks ago. It fell off the radar while I was preparing for my trip to Europe. I'm now back, and have set up the regular tourney for tomorrow (Sunday) night. Since it's been a month since the last game, hopefully we'll get a good turnout.

Code:
Tourney #14723231 FOFC Colossal Squid #34 NLHE $10+$1 Sunday, November 6th, 9:00pm Eastern Password: tableaction
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #2
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Sunday morning bump...
Old 11-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
cartman
Death Herald

bump

A little less than three hours to go
Old 11-06-2005, 05:49 PM   #4
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

There is only one person in it so far, c'mon people. Start registering
Old 11-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
apoc
Mascot

I had to get home first cut me a break
apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #6
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc
I had to get home first cut me a break

me 2
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:16 PM   #7
Simms
FOBL Commish

Actually had some dough left over in Stars, so I'm in this week.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #8
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

We have 11 people in, let's get a few more before kicking this thing off.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #9
Zē+
High School JV

Sneaky bastard Radii lured my top pair to sleep with a hidden two pair (deuces and fives) to take down victory in a very quick tournament (1:08). The exponent gods are still pleased with a second place showing, sparing the infidels from their wrath for the time being.

Good game all!

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Zē+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #10
Radii
Head Coach

I had a massive suckout early on against WahooMac, I pushed on the turn with AQ suited with a four flush and gutshot straight draw, he called me with top pair, AK and I hit a flush on the river. That was a bad play on my part but I honestly thought he would have pushed earlier with a hand like that, I thought my fold equity was pretty good, bad read on my part.

After that I caught lots of good hands, I hit 2 sets and was able to get my opponent all in each time, everything pretty much went my way.

Good tourney all.

Last edited by Radii : 11-06-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #11
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Still bitter over my suckout against apoc. AQ v. A2 with an ace on the board. I'd have to go back, but I seem to recall there was two to a flush on board. I expected when he flipped over to see A-suited, but I was stunned to see A2o. He needed a two or a two-out to beat me. He got a fourth to a broadway straight on the turn, giving him six outs. Then the two killed me.

Simms' beat was worse ... a two-outer flush.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 AM   #12
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19

Not that mine didn't suck, but statisically, yours was a lot worse. I was up against two overcards (JJ vs. KQs), so preflop, I was only slightly better than a coinflip anyway. Even after the flop, any king or queen beats me...he just happened to suck out on me in the most painful way possible.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:32 AM   #13
kingfc22
Head Coach

Anybody have the stats for the Colossal Squid tournies?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:43 AM   #14
Zē+
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms
he just happened to suck out on me in the most painful way possible.

The exponent gods are known to exact cruel and heartless attacks upon their victims.

I mean, who wants to hit an overcard and 4 blanks when you can give the TV viewers at home a little flush action

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Zē+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:35 AM   #15
apoc
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
Still bitter over my suckout against apoc. AQ v. A2 with an ace on the board. I'd have to go back, but I seem to recall there was two to a flush on board. I expected when he flipped over to see A-suited, but I was stunned to see A2o. He needed a two or a two-out to beat me. He got a fourth to a broadway straight on the turn, giving him six outs. Then the two killed me.

Actually it was A2c and I had a backdoor flush draw. I played that hand poorly but by the time I had to call or fold on the flop there was so much money in the pot I was willing to gamble for it.

Basically the only reason I call there is because losing that extra amount to make that call didnt really hurt me anymore than the hand hurt me to that point but if I got lucky I would have the stack to have a shot at winning the thing. Which if I either won the race vs Z 3 handed or my turned set vs radii's turned flush draw held up I had a good shot at. Its kinda a tourny theory from the fringes of the poker world where taking a -EV gamble actually has a +EV result. Plus since my only income is from poker you have to know im psychotic

Last edited by apoc : 11-07-2005 at 02:37 AM.
apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #16
wahoomac
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
I had a massive suckout early on against WahooMac, I pushed on the turn with AQ suited with a four flush and gutshot straight draw, he called me with top pair, AK and I hit a flush on the river. That was a bad play on my part but I honestly thought he would have pushed earlier with a hand like that, I thought my fold equity was pretty good, bad read on my part.

After that I caught lots of good hands, I hit 2 sets and was able to get my opponent all in each time, everything pretty much went my way.

Good tourney all.

In hindsight, I should have pushed all-in after your check-raise. Learn something new every day. I still think you would have called and then would have hit on 5th street anyway, but I would have been more aggressive. Oh well. There's always next time.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoomac
In hindsight, I should have pushed all-in after your check-raise. Learn something new every day. I still think you would have called and then would have hit on 5th street anyway, but I would have been more aggressive. Oh well. There's always next time.

I'm not sure what I would have done, I was thinking about that as i waited for you to act, and I hadn't come to a decision yet. Though it is very possible that I would have called despite feeling pretty confidant that it would have been a bad decision.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Anybody have the stats for the Colossal Squid tournies?
it's been a while since they have been updated.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #19
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc
Actually it was A2c and I had a backdoor flush draw. I played that hand poorly but by the time I had to call or fold on the flop there was so much money in the pot I was willing to gamble for it.

Basically the only reason I call there is because losing that extra amount to make that call didnt really hurt me anymore than the hand hurt me to that point but if I got lucky I would have the stack to have a shot at winning the thing. Which if I either won the race vs Z 3 handed or my turned set vs radii's turned flush draw held up I had a good shot at. Its kinda a tourny theory from the fringes of the poker world where taking a -EV gamble actually has a +EV result. Plus since my only income is from poker you have to know im psychotic
Clearly I made the mistake of not betting enough to chase you off your weak ace. A pot size-bet would have made more sense, but as quickly as you bet I think you were check-raising me the entire way and I think you might have re-raised regardless. My only chance to win the hand after your reraise was to go all-in and hope you believed it. I was wrong about the off-suit -- I was thinking that you must have had four to the flush and I was stunned to see you did not.

I don't think there is anway I get away from avoiding the suckout. I got my money in with the best hand. I've just been on a horrible run lately where every time out I get beat like that -- or worse.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #20
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Has anyone been keeping records for the tournaments? I can put them on poker blog/web site. It will be some time before I get things up and running on the site but it would be cool to have.

Anyway, on the next tournament, lets work on not giving Radii a big stack. When a good player has a big stack, he will pretty much have his way with us.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:28 PM   #21
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Bump. Cartman any update on the stats?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote