Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

NCAA 53 (FBCB League) Recruiting

The NCAA 53, run by murrayyyyy over on the SimNation forums, is about to finish up its fourth season. This is the league featured in muns' excellent USC in NCAA 53 - A real life MP dynasty thread. We're always looking to add owners - as of now, we have 52 human coaches in the game, with each person allowed up to three teams to control of their own. Next week we'll be finishing up the 1956 season and rolling over into the new year, so it's the perfect time to join up. It's a fun league with a bunch of good owners and several great writers, who obviously love the league. Here's a snippet of a recent article put out right before the NCAA tournament started:

The National Basketball Report
1956-57 NCAA Tournament Preview

There are many storylines heading into this year’s NCAA Tournament. We have seen surprises, disappointments, amazing performances, and incredible games.

And now, we are down to the final 31 games.

The NCAA Tournament.

We will not hold the suspense any further. There is a lot to read.

West Region

1) Kansas State (28-1, Big 7 Champ) vs 8) Dartmouth (15-13, Ivy Champ)
Code:
PPG OPPG Rebounds OREB Assists Turnovers oTO FG% OFG% FT% Key Player 1) Kansas State 74.4 (13) 52.1 (1) 37.0 (30) 29.8 (3) 18.0 (12) 11.1 (5) 19.5 (1) 49.7 (4) 41.0 (8) 67.2 (96) PF Erich Walton 8) Dartmouth 67.1 (45) 64.2 (85) 37.5 (23) 36.2 (129) 14.2 (66) 13.4 (63) 12.0 (144) 44.5 (89) 42.1 (16) 72.7 (10) SF Sonny Freeman

Injuries: C Marin Dutries (13)

Kansas State has a veteran team; they start five seniors and their first two players off the bench are juniors. They have depth and star power. The starting backcourt of David Gunter and Billy Jacob are finally professionally eligible, and they are viewed as the top two players in the upcoming class. Erich Walton, the team’s power forward, is fourth. Tommy Fritts, the team’s jack-of-all-trades small forward, is fifth. Joe Delrio, who gets no publicity whatsoever, is the ninth-best prospect in the junior class.

They do not play with the attitude one may anticipate with such expectation; they are royalty, but roll their sleeves on defense with the common peasant. Their top billing in opponent scoring exemplifies that. They simply dislike to be scored upon, and do what it takes to prevent that from happening. Most of the time, it is a combination of talent and hustle. In short, this is a top-flight team that plays like they are fighting for the last crumb at dinner. Their record over Kansas in the last four seasons, a two-time NCAA champion, is 8-2. Do you think they do not have pride?

Dartmouth, meanwhile, managed to pull themselves out of their Dartmouth-created hole with a pair of wins in the final week of the regular season. Their tie with Penn dissipated, and the Indians won the Ivy Group. They have a solid starting group, revolving around forwards Sonny Freeman (17.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg) and Charlie Smith (16.7 ppg, 7.7 rpg). Both have scored over 1300 points in their careers, and both return next season.

We have two issues with the team: first, starting center Marin Dutries, the only designated center on the team, will miss the game with an injury. It is hard to beat Kansas State’s 6’8, 6’8, 6’9 front line with your only post player out. Second, the bench is barely Ivy Group muster. Playing the top ten of this roster, without one of your top five, is a miracle in hope.

It does require noting that this is not the first meeting between these two this season. Dartmouth traveled to K-State on 12.22, losing 73-65. Smith (18 points, 7 boards) and Freeman (13 pts, 11 reb) had little help, mainly from Les Cox (10 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast). Jacob (24-6-5) and Gunter (13-5-2) led Kansas State to the win.

Pick: Kansas State by 18. We think the Indians, behind their two stars in Smith and Freeman, will keep it close. But the Jayhawks, behind their overall depth and experience (three national semis, one title loss) will pull away.

---

That's just one game. This was done for every single first round game. And that's just one of many articles we've seen out of the National Basketball Report.

Now's the perfect time to get into the game - find an open team and get to know them just in time for the new season to start next week. We sim three times a week, Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday, and each sim is 12 days during the season and one month out of the season.

Here is a link to the league's HTML, and here's a link to the league forums (you'll need to register at SimNation to view and post). Feel free to ask any questions here about the league - there are several of us from here at FOFC who are in the league and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. As for the teams, there are tons of desirable teams out there, and I'm sure we have at least one available that will fit your needs:

Human-filled conference:
-Clemson & Maryland are the only two open ACC teams.
-Illinois, Iowa, and Northwestern are the only three open Big 10 teams.
-Cornell may be open come the season flip, and they would be the only open team in an incredibly fun and competitive Ivy League.
-The WCC is almost entirely open (Saint Mary's, San Jose State, Santa Clara, etc), but the PCC (precursor to the PAC-8/10/12) is completely full, and the competition on the West Coast is absolutely brutal.

Power team:
-Kansas State (100), Bradley (90), and West Virginia (89) are all incredibly prominent teams that need an owner.

Empty Cupboard:
-Boston U, Delaware, Air Force, Montana State, and Providence are all brand new schools to the league in 1957 and will begin with a roster entirely filled with walk-ons.

So come on over and give it a shot. It's a ton of fun, and we're always looking to add to the crowd.

Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I know I don't pimp the league enough but I'm just a button pusher who figured if I could get the right group of coaches to buy into a league first concept that it would work out. The "ghost" writing in this league is amazing as we have people who enjoy doing conference breakdowns, some who enjoy writing league pieces, some who love to promote their own team and some who don't like to write but love to be along for the ride (or the read). Even sponsored radio shows for the announcement of the NCAA tournament (brought to you by Chesterfield).

I think the beauty is it's a no pressure league. I'm overly lenient on exports (if you look at Clemson or Maryland rosters it's obvious) because I want people to get what they want out of the league. Another thing I like about the league is that it generally seems like all the coaches want everyone to be better. I've never seen so much free flowing talk about recruiting/recruits as I have in this league and I think it helped create a strange bond. This is where the brutal west coast recruiting came from.

I know a lot of the FOFC guys weren't on board with the 3 team concept but we had used it in a few other leagues and I think for the most part the fears of being able to cheat left for the most part. It also gives us a greater chance at a human controlled team winning as both tournaments had almost half their entrants as human owners (NCAA 16, NIT 15).

As Vince said at the end everything follows historical formats. Here's an example of what changes in the game this year. We started in 1953 and have everything mapped so for (logo changes, new team, conf movement) until 1986. Each "season" takes us 2 month of actual time so we should be good for at least 5 years of real time {winter project is finishing this up}.

1) Oklahoma A&M becomes Oklahoma State and leaves the MVC
2) With Okla St joining the Big 7 it is now the Big 8. 14 conf games.
3) Texas Technological College leaves INDY3 to join the SWC. SWC has 8 teams and 14 games now.
4) Mercy College of Detroit leaves the MVC to join INDY 3.
5) Fresno State leaves WCC to join INDY 3.
6) WCC goes from 14 to 12 conf games with loss of Fresno.
7) The PCC no longer has a north and south and has 16 conference games (and scandals coming up)
8) Cincinnati leaves INDY1 and joins MVC.
9) Boston U, Delaware, Air Force, Montana St., Providence are new and join INDY conferences.
10) North Texas State is new and joins the MVC so their conf games do not change.
11) East Tennessee State joins the OVC and the conf has 12 games now.
12) Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Columbia and Maine have logo changes.

We even had a huge article about the first round of the tournament posted today for a good read. SimNation Forums

If you also have problems with the forums let me know as sometimes when you register they have to for it through.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
Balldog
Pro Rookie

NCAA 53 (FBCB League) Recruiting

I will be looking into signing back up tonight

Last edited by Balldog : 11-24-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone that enjoys college basketball, enjoys sports sims or enjoys online leagues should give this league a shot - it's been a blast so far.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:42 PM   #5
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Bump - join us this afternoon as dawgfan's Washington Huskies take on the dastardly computer controlled Kansas State Wildcats for the 1956 NCAA Championship in a live broadcast over at the SimNation Forums.

It's the perfect time to grab a team too: we'll be flipping over to the 1957 season on Tuesday evening, so you'll be getting in just in time to take on the entire 1957 season!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:27 AM   #6
muns
Pro Starter

Annual Bump. If anybody wants in, now is the time to grab a team.

Dawgfan just went back to back with Washington 2 years ago, and now his Michigan State team won it this year.

We could always use more guys, even though we have a pretty active bunch. Check it out
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:30 PM   #7
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Just to clarify, Washington won in 1958 and Michigan State won in 1959.

We'd love more owners. A few of our conferences are close but not quite full with human coaches:

Big 8 open teams:
Mizzou
Iowa State
Oklahoma State
Colorado
Nebraska

Big Ten open teams:
Ohio State
Minnesota

Ivy open team:
Princeton

SEC open teams:
Mississippi State
Florida
Auburn
Mississippi
Tulane

Here's a website that has links to the HTML output for the league as well as the league forum:

https://sites.google.com/site/ncaa53us/
Old 05-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Just to clarify, Washington won in 1958 and Michigan State won in 1959.

We'd love more owners. A few of our conferences are close but not quite full with human coaches:

Big 8 open teams:
Mizzou
Iowa State
Oklahoma State
Colorado
Nebraska

Big Ten open teams:
Ohio State
Minnesota

Ivy open team:
Princeton

SEC open teams:
Mississippi State
Florida
Auburn
Mississippi
Tulane

Here's a website that has links to the HTML output for the league as well as the league forum:

https://sites.google.com/site/ncaa53us/

Always slighting the SWC... Oh wait, that's me and Lex's conference... Reminds me to update the main page also...

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 05-23-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Always slighting the SWC... Oh wait, that's me and Lex's conference... Reminds me to update the main page also...
Yeah, and I probably should have listed the WCC too as they have 3 human coaches now too.

Anyway, thanks to murrayyyyy setting up the webpage it's easy for prospective new coaches to come check out the state of things and see what openings there are.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #10
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dean Houston wishes his legend was as infamous as Mario Poe's
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:26 AM   #11
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Dean Houston wishes his legend was as infamous as Mario Poe's

Ahhh man I haven't heard Dean Houston's name in a long long time. Nice Reference Bug
Old 11-08-2016, 07:19 AM   #12
muns
Pro Starter

Haven't bumped this in a while.

Dawgfan has just been the first to go back to back in league history with his Huskies. Honestly he is running the league with his stable of teams. If anyone thinks they are good at FBCB and wants a challenge feel free to come on over and check us out.

UNC which is a top 5 program is open and waiting to be taken along others.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:29 AM   #13
muns
Pro Starter

Haven't bumped this thread in a while.

Title game is on Thursday so now is the time to join. If you are looking for an active league, and the biggest league available with FBCB this is the league to get into.

More than a few 100 Prestige teams available.

NC State- In the championship game this year
UNC
California

If those don't interest you we have a few upper level teams available as well. Purdue, Northwestern, Stanford, WVU, Ohio State.

Come on over and take a look
Old 03-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #14
MrBug708
Head Coach

Join, Join, Join!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #15
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

And if you want more of a challenge, take over one of the open Ivy League teams: Princeton, Dartmouth and Yale. Lower-prestige and with self-imposed higher academic requirements (no JC transfers, recruits must have either a 3.0 GPA or 1000 test score).
Old 03-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #16
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Which version of the game does this use?
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #17
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post

The 2010 version. The last version Brian put out.

Man its been 6 years already.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:45 PM   #18
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think the latest rev we have is the 2.4.10 update of FBCB2. This might have been a build that murrayyyyy got directly from Brian to update some HTML output requests.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #19
MrBug708
Head Coach

Is Vince still in the league?
Old 03-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay I have the game and would be interested. Not that I will provide all that much comptition since I really haven't spent a lot of time with the newer game.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #21
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Looks like I have version 2.4.0, where would I get the update?
Old 03-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #22
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Okay I have the game and would be interested. Not that I will provide all that much comptition since I really haven't spent a lot of time with the newer game.

There is so many leagues it shouldn't matter too much. You can go for different teams in different leagues for a different challenge.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:02 PM   #23
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

OKay I will sign up as soon as I am able to post in the forums.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #24
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Looks like I have version 2.4.0, where would I get the update?

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=3360
Old 03-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #25
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'd say wait for the flip file to happen, Thursday, to examine the teams. Ivy League and Big 10 are the competitive ones with human owners, PCC is pretty fun too. Indy is pretty boring
Old 03-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #26
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I am not, Kyle. Would love to come back but just don't have the time. Still having some serious medical issues with my girlfriend and work has been crazy busy for going on four months now.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #27
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Does someone have to approve me so that I can post in the forums? I am currently eyeing the Fighting Illini or Depaul Blue Demons. Maybe both.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #28
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Does someone have to approve me so that I can post in the forums? I am currently eyeing the Fighting Illini or Depaul Blue Demons. Maybe both.
I think so, shouldn't take more than a day though.

Here's the HTML output for the league. Any school in blue is human-controlled, so Illinois is not currently open. DePaul is up for grabs though...

http://nabf.us/html/
Old 03-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #29
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

Both should work. Most of us try to find schools in different regions so you don't recruit against yourself, but it's not a house rule.

And hope all works out Vince! One of my constant online friends in leagues!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:50 PM   #30
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Both should work. Most of us try to find schools in different regions so you don't recruit against yourself, but it's not a house rule.

And hope all works out Vince! One of my constant online friends in leagues!

Good point. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #31
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Are you Marcus who just signed up or do you still need to be approved? If you let me know the user name I can get someone to approve you as it hangs up sometimes.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:02 PM   #32
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Username is Cubbyroy.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #33
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Username is Cubbyroy.

I sent Darren a message to see if it got caught. Hopefully he sees it tonight.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #34
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Are you Marcus who just signed up or do you still need to be approved? If you let me know the user name I can get someone to approve you as it hangs up sometimes.

Marcus is most likely from my league, I recommened people join the '53 league since i'm not going to be running that one anymore.

I'm tempted to take a shot and running a team again but i would probably just run a team into the ground with inactivity so i'm going to wait for now. Happy to see NC State made a finals!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:54 AM   #35
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Username is Cubbyroy.

Glad to have you on board.

Unless something happened, Illinois is already human controlled.

DePaul is vacant though. If you are looking close to that region though, my suggestion would be Purdue or Northwestern. Both good schools that have good teams now, so you don't have to wait and build. You can hit the ground running per se.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #36
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Just tried to go in and post but I still cannot post on the forums?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #37
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

The guy that does the admin stuff for the board might not be near a keyboard. We will get you straight so that you can select a team or a few
Old 03-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #38
Arles
Grey Dog Software

FYI, we are running a $10 off promotion for FBCB in the month of March:

We are happy to announce that Grey Dog Software is running a $10 off promotion for Fast Break College Basketball in the 2017 March Madness sale! Beginning today, you can use the coupon code FBCB17 at checkout in the webstore to save $10 off when you purchase Fast Break College Basketball. This promotion will run through Monday night, April 3.

To take part in this promotion, please visit our webstore and add Fast Break College Basketball to your shopping cart. Next, choose the option "I have a discount coupon for this product" for each item in your cart and enter the code. You will see the discount at check out!

Last edited by Arles : 03-02-2017 at 04:22 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #39
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Should be approved now.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #40
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Thanks I will go in and choose a team or two tonight.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #41
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ivy, the Pac 12 or whatever it's called, or Big-10!
Old 03-03-2017, 08:15 PM   #42
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ivy, the Pac 12 or whatever it's called, or Big-10!

Or the Minutia of the SWC which is down to 2 teams left that are open. Oh how this conference has grown up.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:17 PM   #43
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay I downloaded the league file now how do I load it in the game?
Old 03-03-2017, 11:58 PM   #44
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Download the .zip file and unzip it. You'll have a folder called "NCAA53". Inside that folder is another folder called "NCAA53", and it's that one you'll need to copy over to where your install of FBCB2 looks for league files. For most users, it's the following (this is the default mapping):

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010\leaguedata
Old 03-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #45
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay got the file to work and am wondering what the schedule is going forward and where I need to check for updates on the league so I am sure to stay active. Also if I wanted to take over a second team would use the same 240 points for my coach on that team?
Old 03-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #46
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Okay got the file to work and am wondering what the schedule is going forward and where I need to check for updates on the league so I am sure to stay active. Also if I wanted to take over a second team would use the same 240 points for my coach on that team?

Tues, thurs, sun 3pm sims (pst). We knock out a season in under two months. Updates are at the simnations forums after every sim.

Yes on coach as you are allowed 3 at 240 and a 4th coach has to be at a prestige school below 30 and is auto 50-50-50-50
Old 03-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #47
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

How is coach hiring and scheduling handled?
Old 03-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #48
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
How is coach hiring and scheduling handled?

Head coach you sign up for over there under the sub forum. Assistants are exported in game as well as the scheduling.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #49
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

OKay so for the assistant and scheduling are those exports due on the normal Tues, Thursday Sunday schedule? So the next export due would be Sunday?
Old 03-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #50
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
OKay so for the assistant and scheduling are those exports due on the normal Tues, Thursday Sunday schedule? So the next export due would be Sunday?

Correct. Just got home and loaded your coach in the new file I just posted so you can go in and check on what you need. Also the Illinois coach left so if you want to take them instead of Northwestern, it's an option.

If you want to keep N'West just load the file, if Illinois then just post here and I'll move the coach and reload the file again.