Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Subby
lolzcat

Put your reasons why FOWL is awesome here...

1) Tanking is completely out of the mix. There is absolutely no silver lining to eternal suckitude. I love trying to put a good team together every season.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
1) Tanking is completely out of the mix. There is absolutely no silver lining to eternal suckitude. I love trying to put a good team together every season.

2) If you suck, then just wait 2 weeks and you get to try again!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
TheMeat
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
2) If you suck, then just wait 2 weeks and you get to try again!

I second that emotion. In my 5 years since joining I think I have 37 wins, which would be so discouraging in a slow MP league, it would've been a RL year with no playoffs for me but in the FOWL not only did mediocrity provide the impetus to turn this team around but the 3 seasons I've spent on the rebuild have not been tortuous and I feel like I'm on the verge of a breakthrough.

And I have come to love the no draft format, not only does it simulate the NFL free agent market more realistically but it allows top teams access to enough talent to keep their ship sailing
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

I love actually having to think through whether that 10th year guy, still pretty good but probably without not all that many good years left, is worth the hefty-but-not-crazy contract he's asking for.

Seriously, this is the only FOF league I play in where cap management really is the #1 offseason issue. That's pretty refreshing.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
TheMeat
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I love actually having to think through whether that 10th year guy, still pretty good but probably without not all that many good years left, is worth the hefty-but-not-crazy contract he's asking for.

Seriously, this is the only FOF league I play in where cap management really is the #1 offseason issue. That's pretty refreshing.

I change my answer to this

Because you know you have access to whatever talent you can afford you really have to weigh the pros and cons of vets vs young guys. It seems from my limited experience in the PFL that other MP leagues consist of basically just re-signing everyone on your team and the trying to be a draft master.

I find I do way more scouting and analyzing of draft classes in this league so in a way you get the same kind of enjoyment and strategy to drafting but instead of waiting your turn and hoping to get lucky you're bidding. And we all know that free-market capitalism is the best way to do anything
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
Sef0r
n00b

The QB and WR nurfing, and the rookie FA stages. Basically a lot.
Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

...that my stud WR/TE combo both retired this year, which will finally force me to do some things differently, I believe. (New file uploading now)
Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Am I the only one that thinks FOWL is awesome because Ben's eyes twinkle just so when he winks at me?

Yes?

Ok, then I will go with what Quik said.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
Subby
lolzcat

BEING IN A LEAGUE WITH MY FAVORITE GAYS!!!!1
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
Subby
lolzcat

I MEAN GUYS

Old 06-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
Sef0r
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I MEAN GUYS

sure you do...

Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote