Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2006, 10:35 AM   #101
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

One other thing you get from this episode I guess is that Tony is 'searchng for himself' still, even now out of the coma.

Something that did disappoint me was Tony didn't find out AJ was trying to get a gun to go after Junior. I want to know what his reaction is....
Old 04-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #102
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I'm still waiting to find out what the hell happened to the Russian that Chris and Paulie left in the woods!

Bobby shootin' the rapper in the ass was funny shit. You know the guy is going to be ridiculed for being shot in the ass.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #103
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

The more I think about the rappers, the funnier it gets to me.

The main rapper crying about being shot, and his injuries. The one being shot in the ass. The main one again, saying "Tony Soprano right? Original gansta." And Tony saying "Yeah whatever."

Then Tony, the rapper and his entourage, along with the rocket scientist, sitting and watching the boxing match. The whole thing is just a funny scene to me.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #104
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Bobby's a real 'marksman' ain't he? Dumb-ass, he deep-sixed that guy's career!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #105
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

assless chaps :shudders:

I loved the Godfather dialogue.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:32 AM   #106
rexallllsc
Banned

Good episode.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:52 AM   #107
Joe
Pro Starter

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #108
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

So de we think Vito killed himself or just disappeared?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:17 AM   #109
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000

Or, has he already killed the 2 guys who saw him there. I was surprised 2 days passed and noone mentioned the discovery
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML

Last edited by Johnny93g : 04-10-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:24 AM   #110
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

We're definitely left to wonder about this.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #111
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Overall I find myself watching the show and not being all that particularly interested. I think I'm just watching out of obligation at this point.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #112
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

I thought the episode was crap and mostly filler, it's starting to fall behind on my list of what to watch because every episode is essentially becoming 'well next episode it will be good'.

It was one thing when they were building up story with Tony down - I didn't think the shows were great but I figured something was going to happen afterwards, but hardly anything on any of those episodes has been followed through with.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #113
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Ha ha... leatherman Vito!

I think Vito has skipped town. He looked at the gun, but didn't pick it up and put it to his head. And why call Sil if he was just going to off himself?

Man... Johnny Sack's crying is going to be the worst thing he ever did... of all things!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #114
molson
General Manager

I liked the episode, the Vito thing was fun, but just ONCE, I'd like to see the Sopranos open AND complete an interesting storyline within a single episode. Like, when you saw Vito in the bar, you knew there could be some consequences, something had to go down, but you also sure as hell knew you wouldn't get anything close to a resolution this week. That's what's making the show kind of tedious right now.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #115
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
And why call Sil if he was just going to off himself?

Perhaps he wanted to see if the guys that saw him at the gay bar had ratted him out yet? That's the only thing I can think of, other than just the emotional overload of pondering suicide that seriously and feeling like there's no way out.

I've liked these last two episodes, perhaps they've been a little light on the action but the dialogue has been good and the side storylines entertaining while they (presumably) set up everything for the big finish. A big step up from the two dream sequence laden episodes.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #116
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

And Sil indicated that they hadn't said anything, so Vito didn't have a reason to off himself.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #117
Joe
Pro Starter

The thing that bothered me is that I have to imagine that Vito would have known that the bar was a collection point. No way he would have taken the chance at being discovered there.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #118
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I liked the episode and while the whole Vito story line is entertaining, the image of Vito in full on S&M Gay Biker Gear is something I definitely could have died without seeing...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #119
chinaski
College Prospect

Kind of a weird way for them to end Vitos character (if thats it). Sorta wastes all the tension with Meadows boyfriend. I really thought something down that road was going to lead to Vitos demise.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #120
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski
Kind of a weird way for them to end Vitos character (if thats it). Sorta wastes all the tension with Meadows boyfriend. I really thought something down that road was going to lead to Vitos demise.

I would miss the Vito-Finn interactions. They crack me up every time.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #121
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
I would miss the Vito-Finn interactions. They crack me up every time.

no kidding, that has to be some of the creepiest tv going, loved it.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #122
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
The thing that bothered me is that I have to imagine that Vito would have known that the bar was a collection point. No way he would have taken the chance at being discovered there.

I think it looked more like the 2 goons were getting money off that bartender(gambling debts?) which is something that he may not have any idea of. But I didnt watch the sequence that closely.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #123
Hoya1
High School JV

I'm interested in where the Christopher and 2 Arabs relationship is heading. Obviously Chris already knows agent Harris is heading up the homeland security.
Kind of funny Chris didn't flinch when they asked for weapons
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #124
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Aside from they were hitting up the bartender (as said), it seemed like he was in NYC... where he wouldn't have known it was a collection point.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #125
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoya1
I'm interested in where the Christopher and 2 Arabs relationship is heading. Obviously Chris already knows agent Harris is heading up the homeland security.

I think theyre setting it so Chris will go down on Terror charges
Old 04-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #126
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
I think theyre setting it so Chris will go down on Terror charges

Radii and I both commented on the terrorist angle they seem to heading toward...it will be interesting to see if Christopher is the only one that gets involved or if he brings in others (Tony? Silvio?) and is the eventual cause of the fall of the family, if that is how the show is going to end.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #127
Anthony
Banned

i think with Vito being out of the picture Finn and Meadow won't be getting married. i think all along Finn got engaged to Meadow to avoid being killed by Vito (who wouldn't want the word to get out). by getting engaged to Meadow he essentialy made himself "untouchable". with the threat of Vito gone, so is the need to be engaged.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #128
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well neither Meadow nor Finn seemed to be too eager to talk marriage. Looks like that relationship has trouble, Vito being alive or not.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:57 PM   #129
Anthony
Banned

do you guys think that musclehead is dead, since he went at Tony? or will they just rough him up a bit since he was defending himself? thought the Boss was untouchable, whether he was right or wrong.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #130
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoya1

My thought was that the family might bring in these "outsiders" for the job that Tony (reluctantly) accepted this episode.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #131
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
do you guys think that musclehead is dead, since he went at Tony? or will they just rough him up a bit since he was defending himself? thought the Boss was untouchable, whether he was right or wrong.

We'll likely never know. That was probably a 1 episode character no matter what.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #132
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
My thought was that the family might bring in these "outsiders" for the job that Tony (reluctantly) accepted this episode.

That's what I was thinking as well. Either they happily accept.. or they get threatened with being turned in to the FBI.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #133
JS19
College Prospect

I'm noot convinced Vito is out of the picture 100%. In the previous episodes with him stating how he could run the family, and how Carmela stated he's one to watch, it seemed to me like he's destined for something bigger. I also think this whole thing with Tony doing Jonny Sacks work is gonna come back and blow up in their face. The fact that he was reluctant to do it, they pressured him and everyone else seems to think it's a bad idea makes me think it will come back to haunt them. But as of now this season is wide open.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #134
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I ain't so convinced either... but I think a better story line is Vito to the feds.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #135
Bad-example
College Starter

The look on Vito's face when he was spotted in this leathers was priceless.

I think we were definitely meant to think suicide for Vito, but having him wait a few days to see if there is any fallout seems pretty likely. I could see him going to the Feds possibly, or perhaps going off on some kind of crime spree. Maybe Vito will go after Finn finally.

There is still the possibility that this whole thing will blow over. Either the guys that saw him keep quiet or are not believed.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:23 PM   #136
Bee
Pro Starter

My thinking on the Vito thing is since it's been a couple days and no one mentioned those guys seeing Vito at the gay bar means he killed them. I gotta think that something like that would have gotten back to Tony by now if they were still around to spread it.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #137
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
My thinking on the Vito thing is since it's been a couple days and no one mentioned those guys seeing Vito at the gay bar means he killed them. I gotta think that something like that would have gotten back to Tony by now if they were still around to spread it.

I think thats probably right, since Tony freaked out when he found out that Ralph liked having hot wax dripped on his balls and being butt-fucked with a strap-on.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:22 AM   #138
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

So Vito stumbles upon the gayest town in America?

Good episode.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #139
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Great episode, it appears Tony is getting back to his old self...
Old 04-17-2006, 08:28 AM   #140
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

i felt like this episode went absolutely nowhere. the only possible plot line i could see would be the association with the muslim guys maybe leading to something big, but i think that would be a bit weak.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:13 AM   #141
Captain2711
High School JV

I agree that this episode went nowhere fast. Way to much of Vito in "the gayest town in America." It would have been better if the road crew told Tony where they found the phone and realized what direction he was heading and someone would've killed him by the end of the show. This might drag on for weeks now.

Last edited by Captain2711 : 04-17-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Captain2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #142
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Bread and Breakfast lady who has a cousin that fixes cars, is that the same woman who Carmella was talking to at that auto garage?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #143
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
The Bread and Breakfast lady who has a cousin that fixes cars, is that the same woman who Carmella was talking to at that auto garage?

I don't think so...the B&B lady said he son has a towing service and he would bring it to the Mobil station. The lady Carmella went to see owns a body shop, there was no body damage to Vito's car (that they showed) so I'd be surprised if that was the link...also, his insurance card and stuff would still be in the car which means his name would be there and they would know who's car it was very quickly and would have immediately gone looking for him near where the car was found.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #144
QuikSand
lolzcat

...springer spaniel!
Old 04-17-2006, 10:05 AM   #145
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
I don't think so...the B&B lady said he son has a towing service and he would bring it to the Mobil station. The lady Carmella went to see owns a body shop, there was no body damage to Vito's car (that they showed) so I'd be surprised if that was the link...also, his insurance card and stuff would still be in the car which means his name would be there and they would know who's car it was very quickly and would have immediately gone looking for him near where the car was found.

I didnt have my glasses on while I watched it last night, but it's not the same lady. Although I doubt any of Vito's shit is actually in his own name.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #146
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The end of the episode was pretty interesting. You have to feel for Finn. I mean sitting in front of that lineup, telling your story. Jeez-Louise! And he has to know that even if he's off the hook with Vito, if Meadow and him break up, who knows what Tony is going to do to him (maybe he doesn't do anything, but the fear will always be there).
Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 AM   #147
Subby
lolzcat

That was one of the funniest episodes in the history of the show...

Rick "Sanotorium"

And Meadow is so insanely hot now. Good lord.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #148
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Btw, don't you guys know that "Vito is come from behind type of guy"?

LOL! I agree, hilarious episode with a ton of good one liners!

"Maybe it's a mid life thing"
"What, sucking dick?"

And Tony saying his guys were demanding head... uh, his head! LOL!

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 04-17-2006 at 10:20 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #149
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew

No, the woman running the auto shop is Big Pussy's widow Angie Bonpensiero. She's an interesting background character who has gone from helpless to seemingly in the mix.

Also, I've always found her strangely hot.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #150
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
And Tony saying his guys were demanding head... uh, his head! LOL!

That line and the bizzare springer spaniel line had me laughing. Definitely the best episode of the season.