Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-17-2020, 12:11 PM   #6351
Thomkal
Head Coach

Life is Strange 2, Episode 1 may be free for the next 12 days or so at Green Man Gaming. When you claim the game, a code will be revealed, copy and paste the whole code, including the # at the beginning to get it free,
Old 09-17-2020, 04:02 PM   #6352
tarcone
Coordinator

A Game of Thrones-The board game digital edition is available for purchase. It is on sale for $15.99 down from $19.99.

It is not available for download until October 6th.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:07 AM   #6353
bryce
High School Varsity

I've been watching (and loving) the NFLX docu-series Drive to Survive, so I picked up Motorsports Manager yesterday. Haven't given in a spin yet (pun!), but I found it after searching for "F1" here, saw a dynasty thread on it and a few other positive comments randomly strewn about.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:35 AM   #6354
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
I've been watching (and loving) the NFLX docu-series Drive to Survive, so I picked up Motorsports Manager yesterday. Haven't given in a spin yet (pun!), but I found it after searching for "F1" here, saw a dynasty thread on it and a few other positive comments randomly strewn about.

What a great show

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:52 AM   #6355
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
The vanilla game is fun and a challenge. If you want more "realism" I recommend adding the Fire Fantasy 2020 mod from the Steam Workshop. The mod changes the sim engine a bit, adds actual F1-3 series' teams/drivers/parts suppliers, real sponsors, etc. You don't need this mod to enjoy MM, but it adds a lot to the game for me and I am not a hardcore Formula racing guy.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #6356
Thomkal
Head Coach

Tomb Raider and about 20 DLC's in a bundle at Fanatical for less than $5
Old 09-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #6357
Thomkal
Head Coach

if you are a fan of R.A. Salvatore's Legend of Drizzt series or his Cleric Quintet series, Humble has an e-book bundle of many (all?) right now. Get some for $1, more for 8, complete bundle for $15.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:24 PM   #6358
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
if you are a fan of R.A. Salvatore's Legend of Drizzt series or his Cleric Quintet series, Humble has an e-book bundle of many (all?) right now. Get some for $1, more for 8, complete bundle for $15.
Cool. I'm currently reading the Dark Elf trilogy that I bought from a used book store. I'll probably pick these up and continue on.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #6359
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Cool. I'm currently reading the Dark Elf trilogy that I bought from a used book store. I'll probably pick these up and continue on.

awesome I've never read any of his stuff (not a fan of dark elves), but did consider getting the $1 level e-books. My problem is that same with computer games, I have way too many to read them all.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:01 AM   #6360
Thomkal
Head Coach

Out of the Park Baseball is 75% off or $10 right now
Old 09-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #6361
Thomkal
Head Coach

Are you ready for another Gaming Service? Probably will come as no surprise that it's Amazon entering the arena:

Amazon Introduces Cloud Gaming Service, Luna - GameSpot
Old 09-24-2020, 08:49 PM   #6362
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you ready for another Gaming Service? Probably will come as no surprise that it's Amazon entering the arena:

Amazon Introduces Cloud Gaming Service, Luna - GameSpot

That looks pretty weak against game pass, although the ubisoft games would make it more attractive if the price stayed the same.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:04 PM   #6363
Thomkal
Head Coach

Balder's Gate 3 has entered Early Access on Steam, GoG, and Stadia

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-06-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #6364
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Balder's Gate 3 has entered Early Access on Steam, GoG, and Stadia

So yeah, in a moment of weakness, I bought it.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #6365
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

I'm not buying it until its on sale. $60 for early access is way too much in my opinion.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #6366
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quill18 has a Let's Play of Balder's Gate on You Tube, wouldn't surprise me if Cohh Carnage starts one soon too (if he hasn't already)

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-06-2020 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #6367
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not buying it until its on sale. $60 for early access is way too much in my opinion.

Ah I've been really good with game purchases (guitar purchases not so much), and I need distraction, even if it is early release.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:56 PM   #6368
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
With you. Really excited for this, and tend to impulse by a ton, but I am not paying full price for an early release.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:48 PM   #6369
tarcone
Coordinator

Game of thrones the board game is available.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #6370
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
With you. Really excited for this, and tend to impulse by a ton, but I am not paying full price for an early release.

I gave in and bought it. Only created a character and played about 15 minutes (before dying LOL) but the cinematics are absolutely stunning. controls are a bit wonky to me, I will adapt, but at first blush it presents a really nice translation of D&D 5th edition, complete with transparent die rolls.

Hopefully the initial impressions hold true, as this could be very, very good.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:13 PM   #6371
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Quill18 has a Let's Play of Balder's Gate on You Tube, wouldn't surprise me if Cohh Carnage starts one soon too (if he hasn't already)

And as predicted, Cohh has started one too.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:31 PM   #6372
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I recently discovered Oxygen not included, and have been loving it. Just sinking hours into it. My first base died or was at least heading that way due to CO2 poisoning. A hundred cycles into my second and I tried to bake the base with beautiful oxygen. No CO2, but I missed the bit in the fine print about my nifty new machines producing oxygen at about 175 Fahrenheit.

That was pretty cool honestly. My newest adventure is solving the power plant problems that started when my natural gas geyser abandoned me, going dormant for 40 cycles. Apparently that is another fine print thing.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 10-06-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:14 AM   #6373
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quill18 has a Let's Play of Balder's Gate on You Tube

Complete sidebar here but ... am I the ONLY person who for years heard his name as "Quillateen" when he said it? To this day I don't hear "eighteen" in his pronunciation very often.

(The effect was probably more pronounced on me since my introduction to him was hearing my kid listen to him, rather than me actually clicking on his stuff myself for at least a couple years)
Old 10-07-2020, 05:56 AM   #6374
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I recently discovered Oxygen not included, and have been loving it. Just sinking hours into it. My first base died or was at least heading that way due to CO2 poisoning. A hundred cycles into my second and I tried to bake the base with beautiful oxygen. No CO2, but I missed the bit in the fine print about my nifty new machines producing oxygen at about 175 Fahrenheit.

That was pretty cool honestly. My newest adventure is solving the power plant problems that started when my natural gas geyser abandoned me, going dormant for 40 cycles. Apparently that is another fine print thing.

I need to get back to this one. It has been a few updates since I have played it. Really good game.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #6375
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Complete sidebar here but ... am I the ONLY person who for years heard his name as "Quillateen" when he said it? To this day I don't hear "eighteen" in his pronunciation very often.

(The effect was probably more pronounced on me since my introduction to him was hearing my kid listen to him, rather than me actually clicking on his stuff myself for at least a couple years)

I don't hear his full name said a lot, but just assumed most people just said Quill for short. I do think its a clever twist on Guillotine though.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #6376
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

I was going to purchase but when I opened Steam it said it was gifted to me by my brother, freaking awesome of him!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #6377
Thomkal
Head Coach

Please introduce me to your brother That was really cool of him
Old 10-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #6378
Atocep
Coordinator

My early impressions of BG3:

*Combat is fantastic imo. It nails the feel of 5e dnd. It will still feel familiar enough to those that played OS 1 or 2, but the added rules bring more depth.

*Graphics are the best I've seen on these modern takes on classic RPGs. The game just looks fantastic.

*It's definitely early access. 1 of the 3 acts is included, character creation is missing some stuff (but still good), cut scenes don't feel quite finished yet, and performance can be hit or miss (I had to switch to DX11 to run it without crashing).

*If you want to jump in and feel like you're playing a continuation of BG1 and 2 then this isn't it. It still feels like dnd, though, as the dice rolls, skill checks, and combat drive that home. This is very much Larian's take on dnd set in the Baldur's Gate storyline of Forgotten Realms.

*There's GOTY potential if it can spend the next year building off of and polishing this foundation. If you want a full experience or are bad about getting back to games you stopped playing then I'd avoid for now.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:41 PM   #6379
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

*Combat is fantastic imo. It nails the feel of 5e dnd. It will still feel familiar enough to those that played OS 1 or 2, but the added rules bring more depth.

*Graphics are the best I've seen on these modern takes on classic RPGs. The game just looks fantastic.

*It's definitely early access. 1 of the 3 acts is included, character creation is missing some stuff (but still good), cut scenes don't feel quite finished yet, and performance can be hit or miss (I had to switch to DX11 to run it without crashing).

*If you want to jump in and feel like you're playing a continuation of BG1 and 2 then this isn't it. It still feels like dnd, though, as the dice rolls, skill checks, and combat drive that home. This is very much Larian's take on dnd set in the Baldur's Gate storyline of Forgotten Realms.

*There's GOTY potential if it can spend the next year building off of and polishing this foundation. If you want a full experience or are bad about getting back to games you stopped playing then I'd avoid for now.

Agree 100%, it really is like playing an old school DnD session with the addition of amazing modern graphics.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #6380
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't hear his full name said a lot

It was, best I recall, always said in his introduction at the beginning of YT videos. I don't think it's literally always there now that he mostly posts chopped up stream footage though.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #6381
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Please introduce me to your brother That was really cool of him

Yeah it was a birthday gift, a bit much but greatly appreciated.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:48 PM   #6382
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

These are about my feelings and I'm having a blast so far.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #6383
Thomkal
Head Coach

Fanatical having their insanity sale right now, flash deals with "insane" prices. They may come and go quickly so stay alert if there is something you've been looking for. For instance Outward may have the biggest deal I've seen on it, 70% off or $12

PayDay2 for $1
Darksiders III for $13+
Blasphemous for $11+

Edit: New ones today:

Craft the World, an interesting mix of Dwarf Fortress and Terraria for $3.50
Graveyard keeper for $6.50
2 hours left on a 15% discount on RimWorld for just under $30.

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-13-2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:17 AM   #6384
Thomkal
Head Coach

Torchlight 3 has left early access on Steam and is $30. I played the beta more when it was an MMO than a RPG as it is now. It still has some MMO elements, but is more like previous Torchlights. I will say that the four classes each have their own mechanic on how they can be played, some will like that, some not. I would still wait for a good sale on it, unless you are a Torchlight fanatic.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #6385
Thomkal
Head Coach

RuneScape, yes RuneScape finally comes to Steam. It is free to play. Another old school MMO, Guild Wars 2 comes to Steam next month. Crazy I know.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:47 AM   #6386
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

9th Dawn III is a fun dungeon crawler game, also grabbed Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus for $10, which is also free to play for the weekend. I've been wanting to get this one.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:45 AM   #6387
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
9th Dawn III is a fun dungeon crawler game, also grabbed Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus for $10, which is also free to play for the weekend. I've been wanting to get this one.

Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus is really fun. It has some mechanics that are quite different than your typical turn-based game that are pretty interesting and fun. The writing is decent, too. I had a blast for a while, but quickly realized that there were a couple of builds that worked exceptionally well, the rest not so much, and things became a bit repetitive. Overall, definitely worth $10.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:33 AM   #6388
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus is really fun. It has some mechanics that are quite different than your typical turn-based game that are pretty interesting and fun. The writing is decent, too. I had a blast for a while, but quickly realized that there were a couple of builds that worked exceptionally well, the rest not so much, and things became a bit repetitive. Overall, definitely worth $10.

Thanks... good to know.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #6389
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
RuneScape, yes RuneScape finally comes to Steam. It is free to play. Another old school MMO, Guild Wars 2 comes to Steam next month. Crazy I know.

I played a little of this yesterday, and Steam has certainly brought a new crowd and energy to the game-the starting zone was packed-more than I have ever seen it
Old 10-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #6390
PilotMan
Head Coach

Would love to get into Guild Wars 2 again when it comes back.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #6391
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Yeah that was a fun game
Old 10-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #6392
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Cool. For me at least Guild Wars 2 is probably #2 on my list behind World of Warcraft as best fantasy MMO (City of Heroes of course is my favorite MMO of all time). I just like the world-building and how they try to make it your personal story.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #6393
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Game of thrones the board game is available.

Just a headsup to all digital board games fans. Starting Thursday I think, Steam is having a Digital Tabletop Fest. There will be livestream of games played by their developers, chats with various people in the industry, and of course discounts on most digital board games, probably Game of Thrones and Gloomhaven, so might be a good time to grab them:

Steam is holding a Digital Tabletop Fest and sale next week | PC Gamer
Old 10-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #6394
Thomkal
Head Coach

Amazon has pre-orders of CyberPunk2077 in various formats available now with $10 off list price:

Cyberpunk 2077 Preorders Are $10 Off For PS4, Xbox One And PC, Get It Now While It Lasts | HotHardware
Old 10-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #6395
Thomkal
Head Coach

Europa Universalis 2 is free to claim at GoG.com for about the nxt five days.

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-20-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #6396
Thomkal
Head Coach

Most sites having a Paradox sale this week as well as a Fallout sale.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:41 PM   #6397
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Heck I think I still have an EUIV key to hand out if anyone is interested.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:58 PM   #6398
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The other D&D 5E game in development (this one only using the D&D SRD) is in EA now. Solasta: Crown of the magister
Old 10-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #6399
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And for $3.74 "Europa Universalis III Complete includes the original Europa Universalis III as well as the expansions In Nomine and Napoleon's Ambition"
Old 10-20-2020, 08:33 PM   #6400
Thomkal
Head Coach

AOC playing Among Us on Twitch right now maybe with other pols and YouTube celebrities

Twitch

Edit: AOC's stream, fair warning the MAGAs are out in force in her chat

https://www.twitch.tv/AOC

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-20-2020 at 08:49 PM.