Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

Whitey Bulger Dead at 89 years old (1929-2018)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/us/ja...led/index.html

I have a bit of an obsession with the history of the American mafia. Seven years in prison for the life that he lived is just...wow.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

I have a bit of an obsession with the history of the American mafia. Seven years in prison for the life that he lived is just...wow.

To be fair, it was always clear that at his age he would not last long. And likely no length of time in any case can make up for the harm he caused.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

Ever been to the mob museum in downtown Vegas?

It is really awesome.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

It is really awesome.

Not yet
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:11 AM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'll admit, I lol'd at the last sentence, given the description of his death that preceded it.

Quote:
Bulger had been attacked by three men in the general population sector of the prison, according to TMZ. One of the men used a lock tucked into a sock as a weapon and the group attempted to gouge the gangster’s eyes out and cut out his tongue, the gossip site reported, citing a source. His death was being treated as a suspected homicide.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Good riddance, but there should be some serious questions about the transfer and putting him right into GenPop.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #7
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

It is really awesome.

OOO. That's good to know. I (hopefully) will get to go on a work trip to Vegas this Spring. And that's the exact kind of museum that I'd find fascinating and in which Mrs. A would have no interest so it makes perfect sense to go when I'm not there with her.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:22 PM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah he got merc'd by some other thug that hated rat/women abusers. Good riddance.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:24 PM   #9
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Yeah he got merc'd by some other thug that hated rat/women abusers. Good riddance.
Whitey sucked, but the government picking sides and being complicit in organized crime murders is the bigger takeaway from his story, so I'm not going to celebrate the government moving him to a new facility and putting him in a cell block with New England mafia figures instead of solitary like new inmates should be... and then paying so little attention to the cameras that he was beaten to death, his eyes and tongue were cut out, and those prisoners were able to go back to their cells, change clothes, grab a mop and bucket, come back and clean up before anyone decided to check in on him.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote