Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #151
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Panicking Romney Attempts To Lay Off Debate Moderator | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #152
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Mitt Romney Jots Down Ideas For Concession Speech While Obama Talks | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #153
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Obama Hoping Jim Lehrer Doesn't Bring Up U.S. Economy | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #154
mckerney
Coordinator

'The Onion' Wins Nobel Prize | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
STOCKHOLM—American newspaper The Onion received a Nobel Prize this week in the category of Overall Excellence. The award, which marks the 12th time The Onion has been honored as a Nobel laureate, was presented in recognition of what the prize committee called “[The Onion’s] massive and enduring contribution to overall excellence in all fields.” The Onion has previously received Nobel Prizes in categories such as economics, literature, and medicine. At press time, Onion publisher T. Herman Zweibel had no comment.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #155
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Awesome.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #156
cartman
Death Herald

I got "The Onion's Book of Known Knowledge". It is packed full of great stuff. It is gonna take a while to go all the way through it.

Last edited by cartman : 10-27-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #157
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I got "The Onion's Book of Known Knowledge". It is packed full of great stuff. It is gonna take a while to go all the way through it.

Saw that on Amazon and considered pulling the trigger

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #159
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Millions Without Power Following Election
WASHINGTON—According to widespread reports, roughly 314 million Americans across the country have been left without any power following Tuesday’s devastating presidential election.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #160
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt View Post
Millions Without Power Following Election
WASHINGTON—According to widespread reports, roughly 314 million Americans across the country have been left without any power following Tuesday’s devastating presidential election.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #162
mckerney
Coordinator

Nation Horrified To Learn About War In Afghanistan While Reading Up On Petraeus Sex Scandal | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
WASHINGTON—As they scoured the Internet for more juicy details about former CIA director David Petraeus’ affair with biographer Paula Broadwell, Americans were reportedly horrified today upon learning that a protracted, bloody war involving U.S. forces is currently raging in the nation of Afghanistan. “Oh my God, this is terrible,” Allie Lipscomb, 29, said after accidentally stumbling on an article about the war while she tried to ascertain details about what specific sexual acts Petraeus and Broadwell might have engaged in. “According to this, 2,000 American troops have died, 18,000 have been wounded, and more than 20,000 civilians have been killed. Jesus Christ. And it’s been happening for, like, 11 years.” Sources confirmed that after reading a few paragraphs about the brutal war, the nation quickly became distracted by a headline about Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash’s alleged sexual abuse of a 16-year-old boy.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #163
mckerney
Coordinator

Screwball Jim Nabors Goofs Up Again By Marrying Man | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
SEATTLE—In just the latest of his bumbling misadventures, dimwitted Andy Griffith Show actor Jim Nabors, 82, reportedly found out today that he goofed up again after inadvertently marrying another man in a Seattle ceremony. “Aw, now, I didn’t mean to go and get myself hitched to a fella!” said the lovable but slow-witted Nabors, who in a series of humorous blunders managed to get mixed up in a legal gay marriage ceremony with local man Stan Cadwallader before a Washington state judge. “Heck, I mean, a fella and another fella? I don’t figure that much because, see, if he’s a man, and I’m a man...then...then....well, golly, I can’t make heads nor tails of this mess!” At press time, a red-faced Nabors reported being even more confused after being kissed by Cadwallader.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #165
Swaggs
Coordinator

This headline made me laugh out loud (and then feel bad about it):
Taylor Swift Mourns Death Of Boyfriend Christopher Dorner | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #167
Autumn
Head Coach

This isn't exactly funny, but is just one of those perfect "oh yeah, of course there should be that" idea.

Sadly, this is not The Onion

This is a site of all stories that sound like they should be Onion stories but are, unfortunately, true.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #168
mckerney
Coordinator

Obama Issues Presidential Pardon To Get Biden Out Of Jail For Third Time This Year

Last edited by mckerney : 07-07-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #169
mckerney
Coordinator

Jesus, This Week | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 07-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #172
lungs
Pro Rookie

Texas to Legalize Rape Since It Doesn’t Lead to Pregnancy

I posted this one on Facebook. Since it's not The Onion, I've had three people already share and express outrage that Texas is doing this.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #173
mckerney
Coordinator

Belichick To Tebow: "I'm Your Lord And Savior Now" | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
BOSTON—Warning that he was a dark and vengeful God, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick reportedly pulled aside Tim Tebow at the team’s facilities Thursday and informed the backup quarterback that he was his only Lord and savior now. “This is your church now, and you shall worship me,” said Belichick, who sources confirmed clutched Tebow’s throat and slammed the former Heisman Trophy winner against a concrete wall. “If you want to see a wrathful God, then question me on playing time. I will crush you into dust. And if I ever see you on your knees, you better be praying to me or you will be destroyed by my blistering fury.” At press time, Tebow told reporters that he was renouncing Jesus Christ.

Last edited by mckerney : 07-07-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #174
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I would have thought they could have photoshopped (taken?) a better picture: something with Belichick looking like a Sith Lord or the grim reaper.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-07-2013 at 10:20 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #176
mckerney
Coordinator

Rex Ryan On Jets Season: ‘Anything Short Of 6-10 Is A Failure’ | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
“I’ve never been afraid of setting lofty goals for this team, and we set the benchmark last year,” said Ryan, adding that anything less than third or fourth place in the NFC East would be a huge letdown for the team, front office, and fans. “I can see the potential for this team, so I’m not afraid to put it out there. This is a 6-10 team, and I expect us to play 6-10 football this year.”
Old 09-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #179
mckerney
Coordinator

Dad Explains Obamacare | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
PITTSBURGH—After noticing a newspaper article about the implementation of the upcoming Affordable Care Act, local father Andrew Panetta, 53, made an effort Monday to explain the intricacies of Obamacare to his son, sources confirmed. “It’s bullshit,” Panetta reportedly said, clarifying how insurance companies will comply with federal law in order to properly set up state-sponsored health care exchanges. “All of it. Complete and total bullshit.” Panetta went on to conclude his seven-second explanation of the expansive new health care law by saying, “I’m telling you, it’s bullshit.”
Old 10-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #180
mckerney
Coordinator

Anonymous Source Tells Reporters That He's Tired Of Being Speaker Of The House | Video | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Unnerving Adidas Commercial Just Features Derrick Rose Sitting

Quote:
CHICAGO—Striking a different tone from previous ads for the sportswear company, a disturbing new Adidas commercial features Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose just sitting still in a dimmed arena, sources confirmed Friday. The unsettling 30-second spot reportedly begins with a wide shot of a basketball arena before slowly zooming in on Rose, totally motionless, sitting courtside and staring at the camera with a blank expression on his face. Viewers noted that at one point the 25-year-old star seems to grimace slightly, and confirmed that the commercial ends with an extreme close-up on Rose, who closes his eyes just before a cut to a black screen displaying a white Adidas logo and the text “#drose2015.”

Last edited by mckerney : 10-19-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #181
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of Shit That Doesn't Fucking Work | Video | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I was at the library when I watched this and legit belly laughed. So embarrassing.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #182
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This isn't exactly funny, but is just one of those perfect "oh yeah, of course there should be that" idea.

Sadly, this is not The Onion

This is a site of all stories that sound like they should be Onion stories but are, unfortunately, true.

Just clicked on this, and instant reward - what a headline

Stolen prosthetic arm discovered in a second hand shop (From Bournemouth Echo)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #183
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of Shit That Doesn't Fucking Work | Video | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I was at the library when I watched this and legit belly laughed. So embarrassing.

I would have laughed more if they hadn't gone overboard with the cursing. Yes, sometimes cursing can be a key part of specific comedy pieces, but this is a great example of "if you have to swear to make it funny, maybe you need to revisit the entire thing".
Old 01-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #184
molson
General Manager

Local Church Full Of Brainwashed Idiots Feeds Town's Poor Every Week | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Last edited by molson : 01-03-2014 at 04:39 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #185
cartman
Death Herald

Sorry for your loss, Kodos.

Last Hoosier Dies In Captivity | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 03-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #186
sabotai
General Manager

Sometimes The Onion does a story that describes me. Except for me, instead of hiding on my smartphone, I am playing with the dog and/or cat.

Report: Only 20 Minutes Until Introverted Man Gets To Leave Party | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #188
mckerney
Coordinator

Owner's Box: Jaguars Hoping To Impress Florida State Football Scouts Attending Game Sunday

Last edited by mckerney : 10-03-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #189
mckerney
Coordinator

Jay Cutler: ‘I’ll Be The First Person To Admit We Need A New Punter’

Quote:
CHICAGO—Following the team’s blowout 55-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers Sunday night, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler told reporters Tuesday that he would be the first person to admit the team is in dire need of a new punter. “It’s certainly not an easy thing to say, but at the end of the day, someone has to step up and accept that mistakes were made by our punter, Pat O’Donnell,” said Cutler, who pointed to O’Donnell’s blocked punt in the third quarter as playing a major role in the team’s unraveling and conceded that blame for the team’s loss rested squarely on the rookie punter. “Going forward, there will have to be some serious adjustments made to our punt unit—when individual players aren’t doing their part out there, we’re going to fall short as a team. Pat didn’t play well, and he needs to accept responsibility for that.” Cutler went on to acknowledge that Bears long snapper Jeremy Cain will also need to step up his performance significantly before next week’s game against the Vikings if the team is to have any chance of turning its season around.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-11-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:27 PM   #191
mckerney
Coordinator

Owner's Box: Your Friend’s Death Could Leave 6-8 Quality Starters For Pick Up

Last edited by mckerney : 02-24-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:32 PM   #192
mckerney
Coordinator

Baltimore Residents Urged To Stay Indoors Until Social Progress Naturally Takes Its Course Over Next Century

Quote:
BALTIMORE—Calling it an emergency measure designed to ensure public safety and order, Baltimore officials held a press conference Wednesday urging all residents to stay indoors until the natural evolution of social progress takes shape over the next century. “Given the ongoing situation in our city, we ask that everyone remain within their homes for the next 10 or 12 decades while the various barriers to equality and opportunity for all people are slowly chipped away,” said Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, adding that, in addition to shutting down public schools and the transportation system, the city had canceled work for all nonessential government employees while they wait for the arrival of fully protected civil rights and liberties expected sometime in the 22nd century. “As we continue to incrementally evolve into a completely free and fair society over the next 100 years, please do not venture outside unless it is absolutely necessary. Those who go out onto our streets before our social, economic, and political structures have undergone gradual reform over the course of several generations are doing so at their own risk.” Rawlings-Blake then encouraged residents to visit the city’s website for further information regarding what to do as they await the year 2115.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #193
mckerney
Coordinator

Frustrated Gunman Can't Believe How Far He Has To Drive To Find Nearest Planned Parenthood Clinic - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Last edited by mckerney : 12-02-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:06 AM   #194
cartman
Death Herald

Univision has acquired a controlling stake in The Onion (for real)

Area Satirical Publication The Onion Sold To Univision (Seriously) : The Two-Way : NPR
Old 01-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #195
cartman
Death Herald

NCAA Investigating God For Giving Gifts To Athletes - The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 01-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #196
cartman
Death Herald

Andy Reid Furious At Self For Poor Clock Management At End Of 72-Oz. Steak Challenge - The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 02-02-2016, 03:36 PM   #197
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Retreating Clinton Campaign Torches Iowa Town To Slow Advance Of Sanders Volunteers

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:09 PM   #200
mckerney
Coordinator

Ted Cruz Provides Detailed Response To Moderator's Question About Why His Face So Fucking Infuriating - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Last edited by mckerney : 02-25-2016 at 09:09 PM.