Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Pro Strategy Football 2019 for Windows, Mac, and iOS!

Some of you have followed the PSF series over the years, and have given great suggestions, most of which are now in the game! This year, my focus was on making the game fully customizable.

Check out my youtube videos:
PSF 2019 Features

Switching Images on the fly

New in PSF 2019:
  • Customize and share all UI images. Edit helmets, fields, midfield logos, player images, colors, end zones, and more! Use actual images for pro teams, colleges, high schools, even create and share your own - fantasy (elves, orcs), armies, zombies, no limits!
  • Edit and share the draft pool each year!
  • Crowd sounds and audio commentary!
  • Edit game plan for individual games!
  • Modify your career team's game plan each preseason!
  • Run a pre-game analysis to see which team wins more simulations (Mac and Windows only)
  • Simulate, Watch, or even Coach all teams' games in Career Play!
  • Even more stats and leaders than before!
  • Improved experience when watching simulated games live!
  • More attributes!

Whether you want to coach the most realistic football engine available, or watch a simulated game live, or manage your team over multiple seasons, or if you are really, REALLY into extensive stats and leaders, Pro Strategy Football 2019 delivers it all! If you love the idea of sharing tons of leagues and images with a large community, Pro Strategy Football 2019 will bring you hundreds of hours of fun and experimenting!

Play the way YOU want to play – coach, manage, watch simulations. Create quick match ups, or play any single season, or build your team in GM/Career play and mix and match your GM and coaching skills however you want! And in Career Play, you can now watch every game each week!

Create and share custom leagues, where you have full control over player and team names and ratings, team colors, and all images! With PSF’s flexibility, point any league to any set of images, and change it at any time, right in the game!

Pro Strategy Football is a realistic simulation (and game) of American Football. Built around a complex and realistic engine that was developed as a Computer Science Master's project, the game has grown over the years to become the most accurate simulation of coaching in American Football. You can watch simulated games live, too!

Choose your level of coaching difficulty. Select Basic level to play a relaxing game or choose Advanced to control every aspect of every play – who to motion, who to blitz or double team, how to shift your line, everything! And in-game help describes every feature, so you can learn football while you play!

Overcome weather, injuries, penalties, and mistakes! The AI doesn’t cheat, so if some of your players are having a bad day, you have to adapt as in real life!

PSF is a user-friendly and powerful Management and Career game as well! Trade current and future draft picks, shuffle your roster, choose which team drills to emphasize, and build your players! Make tough decisions on whether to keep your favorite player who’s starting to slow down a bit.

And PSF is nirvana for stats junkies! View team and player histories, past seasons, game stats, season stats, career stats, leaders across dozens of categories, and more!

Pro Strategy Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Does this have free agency and assuming there is a full draft each season?
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Does this have free agency and assuming there is a full draft each season?

It does have a full draft each season, which is good, since your players do age. And you can edit the draft pool each year as well. It does not have free agency this year. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #4
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

So just to be clear only way to replace or upgrade players is through draft over course of career?
Old 09-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Quote:
So just to be clear only way to replace or upgrade players is through draft over course of career?

Yes, you are correct. My focus has been on coaching and customization, with plenty of career features for folks who want some career but also the ability to coach, watch games live, etc. One caveat, you can improve your players during training camp each preseason.

However, I'll be the first to admit, my game is not for the hard core management people who really love trading players, free agency, and salary caps. So, if the game isn't for those folks, I fully understand and wouldn't want them to buy my game and be disappointed, so thank you for great questions!

In fact, next year, my priorities are:
1) online multiplayer,
2) fully customizable leagues, to support college conferences, past seasons, high schools, etc,
3) possibly a full blown in-game league editor
4) lots more stats and information, and coaching options,
5) and, depending on the audience, possibly a light version of free agency without salary caps.

I hope that helps. Thanks!

Last edited by Pro Strategy Football : 09-08-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #6
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Ok thanks..so seems more replay oriented than career. Certainly will keep my eye on it if more career items included, just can’t imagine career game without free agency, contracts, etc
Old 09-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #7
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Quote:
Ok thanks..so seems more replay oriented than career. Certainly will keep my eye on it if more career items included, just can’t imagine career game without free agency, contracts, etc

Well, not replay, more coaching oriented, and I'd say the most advanced coaching options of any American football game, where you can create just about any play on the fly (or play a more basic mode, which is fun and fast).

You can coach every game (which is my personal passion), but you can also watch games played live. Yep, I hear you, I know folks want free agency, and I'm willing to give it a try for next year - depending on the feedback of buyers - but not salaries. I do this part time, so I have to choose what I can do.

Thanks for your consideration, enjoyed the dialogue, and good luck!
Old 09-08-2018, 06:10 PM   #8
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Thanks, although the game might not be for me, I am sure others might enjoy...
Old 09-09-2018, 06:58 AM   #9
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Are stats and other game info able to be exported to excel?
Dolemite73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:06 AM   #10
Flasch186
Coordinator

its a great game!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #11
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite73 View Post
Are stats and other game info able to be exported to excel?

No, I hadn't thought of that, but I've now added it to near the top of my 2020 list. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #12
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
its a great game!

Thanks very much!!
Old 09-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #13
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

New Video - Locating the PSF 2019 folder in Windows and macOS (iOS version coming soon)

Locating the PSF 2019 game folder in Windows and on Mac - YouTube
Old 10-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #14
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

In case anyone's interested, a fellow on Steam has created a great league of some of the past Super Bowl winners - pretty cool seeing Bob Griese in there, along with Troy Aikman! I HAVE to make the league bigger next year, though - I want a league with *all* past Super Bowl winners.

SteamHelperApp v2.zip - Google Drive
Old 11-16-2018, 02:45 PM   #15
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

If you have Pro Strategy Football 2019 and are an older fan, you HAVE to download this league and image set! I'm coaching the '77 Cowboys against the '75 Steelers, and it's a great match! Be sure to load his image set, too *after* you load the league.

classic teams volume 1.zip - Google Drive