Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

DDS: Pro Football 2019 / Pro Basketball 2019

For those of you here who take an interest in our games we've got screenshots and some details on some of the new stuff in this year's games. More details to come and we will be doing pre-order shortly on the games with "FirstAccess" betas, discounts, etc...

https://www.wolverinestudios.com/201...ro-basketball/

Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

nice..thanks
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well done Gary!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:21 AM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

The individual defensive player assignments in DDSPB 19 is already generating buzz in MP leagues, and we could well see some legacy leagues switch over as they do testing.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #5
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Yeah I think the new offensive and defensive strategies will lend a bunch more depth and strategy to the game.

Since I'm here I figured I would touch on some other things that the FOFC community had mentioned requests for that will be put into the game that might not be big headline new features but still are pretty cool.

One thing I'm working on adding right now is a build history option so that if you start a game without a team you can have the game run through all the processes to build up a history and then you are assigned to the team you want or you can continue on with no team and try to get hired by someone next offseason (or you can play sandbox mode and take over whichever team you want).

The season preview magazine now has a feature that adds in the key additions or subtractions for each team to help you better track player movement.

There are new sim modes - the standard old one is there but there are also two more which will slow the sim down for either all games or just you own team so that you can see some quick stat leaders from the game.

I've also been trying to work with the 2D game screen. All of the in game strategy options are now going to be available while the game is going on so you will only have to actually open another screen to sub or pick a timeout strategy/draw up your own timeout play. This way is much easier to just change whatever you need to including the individual matchups while the game is going on. Also have done some work trying to get the players to constantly be moving a little bit so its more realistic.

I've gotten some really good feedback on the multiplayer side too so hopefully the improvements coming there will encourage more online leagues to popup or convert from older versions or even older games that aren't being supported anymore.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #6
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post

One thing I'm working on adding right now is a build history option so that if you start a game without a team you can have the game run through all the processes to build up a history and then you are assigned to the team you want or you can continue on with no team and try to get hired by someone next offseason (or you can play sandbox mode and take over whichever team you want).

Now this would be very much welcomed....
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

I plan to follow the developments. I don't recall the reasons why I have yet to jump into this pool.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:59 AM   #8
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah I think the new offensive and defensive strategies will lend a bunch more depth and strategy to the game.

Since I'm here I figured I would touch on some other things that the FOFC community had mentioned requests for that will be put into the game that might not be big headline new features but still are pretty cool.

The season preview magazine now has a feature that adds in the key additions or subtractions for each team to help you better track player movement.

There are new sim modes - the standard old one is there but there are also two more which will slow the sim down for either all games or just you own team so that you can see some quick stat leaders from the game.

I've also been trying to work with the 2D game screen. All of the in game strategy options are now going to be available while the game is going on so you will only have to actually open another screen to sub or pick a timeout strategy/draw up your own timeout play. This way is much easier to just change whatever you need to including the individual matchups while the game is going on. Also have done some work trying to get the players to constantly be moving a little bit so its more realistic.

I've gotten some really good feedback on the multiplayer side too so hopefully the improvements coming there will encourage more online leagues to popup or convert from older versions or even older games that aren't being supported anymore.

Sounds intriguing. Definitely looking forward to updates on this
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #9
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Thanks - just posted on Twitter and Facebook a screenshot of something else new. I'm putting new coach faces into the game along with the ability to have different suits. It's not a groundbreaking addition but it will definitely offer much more variety for the coach photos and if anyone wants to they could even make additional suits etc
Old 09-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #10
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Put up a new screen today showcasing the new player card (and new UI for those who haven't seen it) - new player pictures with jerseys you can customize!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ddspb19.jpg (837.1 KB, 60 views)
Old 09-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #11
AlexB
Pro Starter

Looks very good. I really like the news, stat leaders etc being very visible, it really helps me get immersed in the game world

Will the football game have the same general layout?

Last edited by AlexB : 09-26-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #12
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Yes the UI is the same for both games although the football player cards show information in their own manner. One cool addition I like to the football player cards for QBs is showing their passing numbers by range on the field. The game has such a great base to work with whether you're looking for tons of different league sizes, the great multiplayer features and being able to watch the games play out in 2D is so much fun. I really like how Brooks and Asger have brought the game along and have been able to incorporate the UI stuff that I want to.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #13
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Figured I would give this a bump today as we're opening up for pre-orders and allowing open beta for those who purchase to try and get a larger group testing on the games.

Details at Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2019 Release News - Wolverine Studios if interested
Old 10-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #14
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

If you haven't gotten in on the basketball pre-order just a heads up it won't be in beta much longer so kinda last call for the discount there.

And in other news....

Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2019 Release News - Wolverine Studios

Pre-order with discounts and open beta access now going on DDS: Pro Football 2019. Come get your football fix - the link above details some of the new additions. Really good stuff by Brooks and certainly worthy of your football gaming time.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:29 AM   #15
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

For those of you with big displays.. (I have a 32" monitor at 2560x1440) DDSPB19 does not scale to support that resolution so the actual in game screen is a bit hard to read text in some areas. Hopefully I'll get used to it. Just something to note for those using a higher resolution.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 10-31-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:41 AM   #16
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Honestly I don't really know what a solution would be for this situation short of forcing your display into a different resolution if you play in full screen mode so that it does take up the entire screen. I can't stretch things like the logos, player photos, the courts etc...everything would be distorted. Would you like me to attempt to put in an option that would do that?

There is the ability to put the game in a window as well if you would prefer that option.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:17 AM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Honestly I don't really know what a solution would be for this situation short of forcing your display into a different resolution if you play in full screen mode so that it does take up the entire screen. I can't stretch things like the logos, player photos, the courts etc...everything would be distorted. Would you like me to attempt to put in an option that would do that?

There is the ability to put the game in a window as well if you would prefer that option.

I'm no programmer, but Baseball Mogul and OOTP both fit my screen without issue. I mean no disrespect Gary, I've purchased many of your games but by now this should not be an issue. I believe BM scales to your default resolution as there are no settings/OOTP has settings you can change so I guess there are different ways to do this?

I would think more and more of your customers will eventually go to WQHD or 4k monitors so future versions should be able to achieve these resolutions.

The game is beautiful and for the most part, I can live with it not fitting my screen. It's the menu on the left that at times I have issue with. I'm not angry or anything but I won't purchase DDSPB20 unless it scales to 2560x1440.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 11-01-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #18
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I think a very small percentage of users have such a large monitor - in fact a good deal of our customers still don't have a resolution that can support the expanded information windows.

I don't know how OOTP or BM work - OOTP has a team of people though so they can do alot more than I can. I also don't think those games are programmed in the same language.

I'm guessing whatever the solution is requires a complete teardown of the entire thing and rebuilding of it. It's certainly something I will look into though especially as things like that are more common.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #19
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think a very small percentage of users have such a large monitor - in fact a good deal of our customers still don't have a resolution that can support the expanded information windows.

I don't know how OOTP or BM work - OOTP has a team of people though so they can do alot more than I can. I also don't think those games are programmed in the same language.

I'm guessing whatever the solution is requires a complete teardown of the entire thing and rebuilding of it. It's certainly something I will look into though especially as things like that are more common.

Thanks, that's all I can ask for. Too bad there is no way to scale it without distorting, but that's all you since I know zilch about programming. Most, if not all games I purchase for PC now have support for higher resolutions as well as bigger font settings. In a text sim, that's important to me as I'm not getting any younger.

I'll give it a good test run this week and hopefully the small text doesn't bother me. (I doubt it will, I'm just used to seeing UI's in full screen in my gaming rotation)

I do love the facegen with jerseys and the wealth of information that's displayed, I wish you much success with DDSPB19!
Old 11-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #20
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'll also agree with this. While it hasn't effected me to the point where I would withold a purchase, it certainly bothers me to see so much unused space on my monitor (23") in 1920x1080 mode when using that extra real estate would make it look so much better!
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:40 PM   #21
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I am a hobbyist programmer so by no means close to a professional coder so take this fwiw. Perhaps OOTP and BM use a graphical subsystem like Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). When I was in the very early stages of designing a horse racing game I was trying to learn C# so that I could incorporate the UI/graphics scalability of WPF. Other languages such as C++ must have some kind of scalable system as well. I believe Unity is scalable, but as it's mostly a 3D gaming language I am not sure of how detailed its UI capability is.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #22
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Well I know for sure OOTP doesn't use what I do because they have OOTP available for Mac.

I've been talking with someone about some ideas for the future - it would certainly take a complete rebuild of the game to come up with something that would use all of the available monitor space but I'm looking at possible solutions for the future.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:21 AM   #23
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
... it would certainly take a complete rebuild of the game to come up with something that would.... [INSERT FEATURE HERE]

The story of my life.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:55 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

I recently upgraded from a 21.5 inch monitor to a 27 inch 4K monitor after 8 years, and I definitely see the issue. Have to lean forward to read the screen sometimes.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:32 AM   #25
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well I know for sure OOTP doesn't use what I do because they have OOTP available for Mac.

I've been talking with someone about some ideas for the future - it would certainly take a complete rebuild of the game to come up with something that would use all of the available monitor space but I'm looking at possible solutions for the future.

I've probably asked this before, but what are you using as your programming platform?

I tried to make a very simple tabletop game helper with Visual C# (not utilizing WPF) and I found the programming part was easy - the hard part was creating an interface that scaled (AT ALL). I was going to release it as freeware, but gave up because the interface (outside of the one resolution I developed on) was an absolute mess.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #26
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

For all interested both games are launched now and there is of course free demos to try for both - stop on over and take a look if you're jonesing for a new hoops or football game.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just curious if the College football game will be out this year as well?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #28
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Yes the college game is in the works as well. We don't have a date we are expecting it to go to FirstAccess/pre-order yet though
Old 11-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #29
AlexB
Pro Starter

DL'd, set up a league with current salary cap, current minsal, and max contract of £24,249,600 (which allows a team to sign one player at max, 52 at min), ran a draft and every team is tens of millions over the cap

Obviously the upper limit is the issue, but would like to see a feature on league setup where the finances are set for realism to current day NFL levels rather than having to experiment to get the right settings.

In fact having a 'current NFL' setting that sets the league format, practice squad size, salary cap & contracts all in one go would be good.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #30
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes the college game is in the works as well. We don't have a date we are expecting it to go to FirstAccess/pre-order yet though

Really excited for this years version of this!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #31
AlexB
Pro Starter

Found it very difficult to work out how to see another teams roster, and once i worked it out, there's no obvious way of knowing which team you are viewing when you are not familiar with the logos

Also surprised that you can't cycle from one team's roster straight to another. It seems that you have to go to the standings, click on the team, then click on roster on the left? This is longwinded, and if there's a quicker way, it's not obvious to me anyway!
Old 11-16-2018, 02:22 AM   #32
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Found it very difficult to work out how to see another teams roster, and once i worked it out, there's no obvious way of knowing which team you are viewing when you are not familiar with the logos

Also surprised that you can't cycle from one team's roster straight to another. It seems that you have to go to the standings, click on the team, then click on roster on the left? This is longwinded, and if there's a quicker way, it's not obvious to me anyway!

I will ask about the navigation because that is how it works in the basketball games. Maybe something just got crossed up there.

However you should be able to know what team you are looking at - the bottom of the screen should update with the team that is being looked at (logo, name, etc)