Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
sdoug78
n00b

Question

Is anyone able to help please?

I’m pretty new to the game and halfway through my first season. My backup SLB has started complaining about not getting enough game time so I have put him in to get some game time in def snaps, but I want him to play special teams as he has the 2nd best rating on the roster but not played a single ST snap.

Whereas my backup WLB is a far better player defensively but only rated 2 on ST and has 122 ST snaps. Is there a way to adjust who plays on special teams to get my backup SLB some more game time?

sdoug78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #2
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug78 View Post
Is anyone able to help please?

I’m pretty new to the game and halfway through my first season. My backup SLB has started complaining about not getting enough game time so I have put him in to get some game time in def snaps, but I want him to play special teams as he has the 2nd best rating on the roster but not played a single ST snap.

Whereas my backup WLB is a far better player defensively but only rated 2 on ST and has 122 ST snaps. Is there a way to adjust who plays on special teams to get my backup SLB some more game time?

ST alone won't cut it, but you can go to your Roster Screen then down on the left you have the special teams bit. Right click to select / deselect players.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #3
RGVicedo
n00b

Along with adding him to Special Teams you can also add him to any of the 6 defensive formations if he does something better (coverage or pass rushing) than the starter...
RGVicedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:16 AM   #4
sdoug78
n00b

Thanks for the help, I have already put him in for running plays as he’s about on a par with the starter. Hopefully the increased workload is enough to keep him happy!
sdoug78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #5
Front Office Midget
High School Varsity

In order to appease a player upset about playing time, you have to start that player (as in, have them in vs. 3 WR formations).

If the player isn't starter quality, there isn't really any reason to start them just to keep them happy. It only matters when renegotiating contracts. (Players unhappy or worse won't resign).
Front Office Midget is offline   Reply With Quote