Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

D front glitch

I heard something about this but have never seen it I don't think could someone point me to the thread or whatnot?

Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
Dawgfan19
High School JV

Are you referring to the scenario where a team running a 43 can import a 34 defensive game plan? I'm not sure much has been written on public forums (here or in many leagues). Many (most??) leagues have recently implemented rules to ban this exploit, however.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Yes that is where I first of it...was curious as to that was even being done. Guess we should delete this thread
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
Dawgfan19
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushikawa View Post
Guess we should delete this thread

Shouldn't the community be made aware of the exploit? I understand one league in taking the issue seriously enough to have contacted Jim about a potential patch.

Some have speculated this is only a game log reporting issue. A GM using this tactic left the league, so we conducted an audit of his defensive game plan. In the list was a cover-3 cloud, 1 blitz play. You cannot select that play in a 43 front. The only method is to import a previously saved 34 GP from another league/career.

Also, I believe the exploit improves the defensive performance. I ran some tests which shows a below average team (10 rexed seasons with a tradition 43 GP had only 2 winning season) improved to a playoff bubble team with the exploit (2 division titles and 3 playoff seasons).

It is also important that GMs understand this can occur inadvertently. If you switch defensive fronts in an off season, the game does not reset your GP. You could run an illegal defense and not be aware of that.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #5
ezlee2
n00b

We also had some GMs from the RZB run tests and it resulted in a consistent top 10 performance from defenses. I think at this point there is enough evidence that it provides an advantage. I emailed support to report the bug, but never heard back.
ezlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
RD
n00b

I tried this in SP and it definitely skewed the results, can't imagine ever allowing it in a MP league.

Last edited by RD : 03-29-2019 at 10:28 AM.
RD is offline   Reply With Quote