Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

The zombie apocalypse begins...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN1RU03F

It looks like I will be at ground zero when the dead rise once again.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

Yes! I've been waiting for this day. Need to re-watch all my B-grade zombie movies, stockpile some more food and water, and buy a couple more guns and a boatload more ammo.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:04 AM   #3
Edward64
Head Coach

Okay, possibly related to zombies because it could spit out some virus'y stuff that could possibly land on the earth which could kinda cause a weird mutation that makes the dead rise.

Hopefully its the slower kind and not the fast ones.

A huge asteroid will squeak by Earth in 2029, and you’ll be able to see it without a telescope – BGR
Quote:
Roughly a decade from now, a rather sizable space rock is going to have a very close encounter with Earth — on Friday the 13th, no less. On April 13th, 2029, the asteroid known as Apophis will pass by Earth at a distance of just 19,000 miles.

For a bit of context, the Moon is somewhere between 225,000 and 252,000 miles away at any given time. Yeah, this is going to be one seriously close shave, but as Space.com reports it’s going to be a day of celebration for scientists rather than fear, and the next decade will give researchers around the world an opportunity for something of a end-of-the-world “dry run” as they explore what measures they might one day have to take if a large space rock would ever threaten our survival.

(Still a kinda cool story)
Old 05-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
ednamodes
n00b

none sense
there is no sights of it

Last edited by ednamodes : 05-29-2020 at 04:40 AM.
ednamodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:10 AM   #5
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty funny. Don't know how I missed this when it happened May 2018.

Florida isn't actually being invaded by zombies, despite emergency alert
Quote:
Thankfully, there are no real zombies lurking in Florida. Rather, it was a false alert sent during a power outage that alerted the citizens of Lake Worth to zombies in the area.

According to the Palm Beach Post, the alert sent Sunday reads:

FYI, "Terminus" is a location from the AMC zombie hit TV series, The Walking Dead.

In a statement shared to the Lake Worth Live Facebook page, the city's Public Information Officer Ben Kerr made it clear that, no, zombies aren't roaming the Florida community.

"I want to reiterate that Lake Worth does not have any zombie activity currently and apologize for the system message," reads the statement.

In a chat with Gizmodo, Kerr said that the city's been dealing with fake zombie alerts since Hurricane Irma hit the state back in 2017. He told the site that though someone broke into the city's messaging system and added undead references to some pre-written alerts, the city has since removed those messages.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-18-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
Edward64
Head Coach

Time to watch ZombieLand Double Tap to refresh myself on the rules !!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/china...tbreak-reports
Quote:
The Chinese government has quarantined the city of Wuhan and plans to shut down the airport and public transportation within hours amid an outbreak of the coronavirus, according to reports on the country’s social networks. The virus has been linked to at least 17 deaths and has sickened over 500 others.
:
:
For weeks the country's health officials maintained that the number of people infected remained at 41, with minimal fatalities, but as more cases emerged and the death toll spiked fears of a cover-up began to surface. Top officials in China have reportedly warned lower-level officials to not cover up the spread of the virus, which is now said to be transmissible between humans.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:16 PM   #7
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

omg that zombie pic scared the fuck out of me
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:14 PM   #8
Edward64
Head Coach

I am not a fan of the Chinese government but I'm impressed they can build a hospital in 6 days (apparently they did something similar for the SARS outbreak in early 2000s). On notes, China Disney World is closing down and so are some McDonald restaurants.

Hope they get this under control soon.

China coronavirus: Wuhan panic-building new hospital in 6 days - Business Insider
Quote:
The Chinese city of Wuhan is rushing to build a new hospital within six days to treat patients of the coronavirus that has killed at least 26 people across the country and is overwhelming the quarantined city's health system.

The 2019-nCoV virus, which had infected more than 870 people as of Friday morning, originated in Wuhan. China has closed down public-transport links in the city and at least nine others, sealing off a combined 30 million people.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:39 AM   #9
daviddkonopka
n00b

I watch Zombie movies with excitement and fear, but they're really enjoyable, I saw the last World-z movie.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #10
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I am not a fan of the Chinese government but I'm impressed they can build a hospital in 6 days (apparently they did something similar for the SARS outbreak in early 2000s). On notes, China Disney World is closing down and so are some McDonald restaurants.

Hope they get this under control soon.

China coronavirus: Wuhan panic-building new hospital in 6 days - Business Insider

Lol, those numbers are such total bullshit. It's humorous to even consider that they're realistic.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:07 PM   #11
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Lol, those numbers are such total bullshit. It's humorous to even consider that they're realistic.

Okay, maybe not 6 days, how about 10?

How China Built Two Coronavirus Hospitals in Just Over a Week - WSJ
Quote:
China on Thursday completed the second of two new hospitals in Wuhan, the city at the heart of the coronavirus outbreak, in a matter of days to help combat the fast-spreading virus.

The outbreak is straining the resources of Wuhan’s front-line hospital staff, who have been forced to turn patients away because of a lack of beds and basic supplies.

The 1,000-bed Huoshenshan facility, on which construction began Jan. 23, received its first patients Monday. The 1,600-bed Leishenshan Hospital, which broke ground Jan. 25, was finished Thursday, according to China’s state-run Xinhua news agency. It was less than two weeks ago that plans for the hospitals’ construction were first announced.

The new hospitals add capacity to a city straining to keep up with the growing number of patients. In addition to the two new facilities, officials are converting gymnasiums, exhibition centers and sports centers into temporary hospitals.

“It’s impressive what’s been achieved in a very short number of days in China and represents remarkable efforts not only in public health, but in logistics and in planning and architecture,” Michael Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organization’s health emergencies program, said Wednesday about the two new hospitals.
How China managed to build an entirely new hospital in 10 days - Business Insider
Quote:
On Sunday, China finished building an emergency hospital set up specifically to tackle the Wuhan coronavirus. It only took 10 days.

The 645,000-square-foot makeshift medical facility, which took in its first patients on Tuesday, is made up of two floors and is already equipped with 1,000 beds, several isolation wards, and 30 intensive care units.

Pictures of the construction first emerged on January 23 on social media, showing dozens of bulldozers and excavators rushing to level the ground.

In the days that followed, an online live stream was set up for people to follow the construction progress.

Okay, maybe not 100% functional or staffed but operational in 10 days and still pretty damn impressive, better than anything we could do with our bureaucracy.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:33 AM   #12
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleychan View Post
Oh, yeah! For this day, I was waiting. I have to look all my zombie films in b-grade, stock up some more food and water, and buy a few more guns and more ammunition for the ferry.

Proof positive I'm a bot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Yes! I've been waiting for this day. Need to re-watch all my B-grade zombie movies, stockpile some more food and water, and buy a couple more guns and a boatload more ammo.