Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #151
MikeVic
Head Coach

I only thought about buying a Favre jersey and this is what happened. You're welcome Logan (I think it was you that requested I buy a Favre jersey after my Vick and Big Ben ones).
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #152
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
And, thankfully, over.

Childress: Favre staying retired

That's too bad.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #153
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

What an attention whore.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #154
stevew
Hall Of Famer

please....im not fucking buying that for a minute.

32nd thoughts will surely happen next week.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #155
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know if it's over or not, but this is clearly all about promoting his new Sears commercial that is set to air in September in which Favre says about people who can't decide between tv's, "Yeah, I hate those guys."
Old 07-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #156
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I only thought about buying a Favre jersey and this is what happened. You're welcome Logan (I think it was you that requested I buy a Favre jersey after my Vick and Big Ben ones).

Yes it was. Thank you my good sir, I have a new admiration for our neighbors to the north!

Unfortunately he'll make a rumbling about coming back again during training camp, no effing doubt about it.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #157
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Tweets from GB Press-Gazette Packer reporter Tom Peliserro...

Quote:
How many times has favre now "retired" or "decided to stay retired"? By my count, there's 1. Early March, 2008 ... 2. Late March 2008 ...... 3. Feb. 11. ... 4. May (per disputed yahoo report) ... 5. Today. ... No reason to think he doesn't have one more in him
Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #158
Logan
Head Coach

Impressive that he can capture all the retirements in the 140 character twitter limit.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #159
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I officially hate Brett Favre now.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #160
JediKooter
Coordinator

Who the hell is Brett Favre?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
And, thankfully, over.

Childress: Favre staying retired

I'm shocked. I think this officially does end it. He teased the Vikings too long and seemed to be so intent on coming back that I think any team's interest in him has to fade to nothing at this point.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #162
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

The backtracking is going to be nauseating as a Vikings fan. All sorts of players wanted Favre to join. Allen, Peterson, Hutchinson, Berrian. All these guys were calling the goober very recently. Now it's going to be all, "Oh, adding Favre would've been nice, but we've got two very capable quarterbacks in Rosenfels and Jackson."

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz
Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #163
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I like Sage. I think he will bring just as much as gimpy favre could
Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #164
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm shocked. I think this officially does end it.

You are such an optimist.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #165
Thomkal
Head Coach

Please please please let this be the end of it and we stop talking about Favre until he's eligible for the Hall of Fame. Great career, but man this drawn out retirement was not a good move on his part.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #166
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Favre's last move as a Packer - throw the Vikes into chaos as camp starts
Old 07-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #167
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Favre will continue to keep throwing.

Quote:
When Mariucci asked how Favre would feel about his decision Wednesday morning, Favre reportedly said, "I'm wondering that myself."
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #168
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
The backtracking is going to be nauseating as a Vikings fan. All sorts of players wanted Favre to join. Allen, Peterson, Hutchinson, Berrian. All these guys were calling the goober very recently. Now it's going to be all, "Oh, adding Favre would've been nice, but we've got two very capable quarterbacks in Rosenfels and Jackson."

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

This is what I am most looking forward to.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #169
molson
General Manager

What a goof. I'm really hoping for it to keep going though. Just forever. I want to see him spurn two more teams, and then join and ruin a third for the next season.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #170
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

He ought to go coach HS football somewhere. It would keep him around the game & keep him away from ESPN until the TV cameras showed up to do one of their games.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #171
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

I was all set to bet the Vikings under, and now he goes and does this. Fucking asshole.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #172
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think the big thing is the consecutive starts. Once he misses week one I will believe he is done.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #173
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of Foo View Post
I was all set to bet the Vikings under, and now he goes and does this. Fucking asshole.

You cannot possibly think that Rosenfels or Jackson will lead them to more wins than Favre would?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #174
Logan
Head Coach

I do (Rosenfels at least).
Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #175
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I do (Rosenfels at least).

Wow, I don't think he's one of the top 40 QB's in the NFL.

I don't think Favre is great anymore, I think he's passable. And better yet, he's still well above average on the deep ball. The threat of him throwing deep to Berrian would have made their running game even better (see: Thomas Jones 2008 vs 2007).

This leaves them with noone on the roster who approaches passable.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #176
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'll believe it when the season's over and he still hasn't signed with anyone, because I'm calling it right now: at about 3/4ths through the season some team on the bubble and with a struggling (or crap, or injured) QB is going to think about signing Favre (or the sportswriters will do it for them) to get them to the promised land.

Mark my words.

On another note, I'd be pissed if I was a Vikings fan. Childress spent all this time screwing around with Favre to no avail when he could have done something more constructive to help his passing game. Now you get to watch ADP run into 11 guys 20 times a game again.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #177
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

I was hoping for a diagram, flere.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #178
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I did a Favre one last week but sadly it's now out-of-date....
Old 07-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #179
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I did a Favre one last week but sadly it's now out-of-date....

A implies B.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #180
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

yeah, yeah....
Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #181
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll believe it when the season's over and he still hasn't signed with anyone, because I'm calling it right now: at about 3/4ths through the season some team on the bubble and with a struggling (or crap, or injured) QB is going to think about signing Favre (or the sportswriters will do it for them) to get them to the promised land.

Mark my words.

On another note, I'd be pissed if I was a Vikings fan. Childress spent all this time screwing around with Favre to no avail when he could have done something more constructive to help his passing game. Now you get to watch ADP run into 11 guys 20 times a game again.

Brett has already thrown out 1 November as a good date.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #182
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Old 08-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #183
miami_fan
Coordinator

Just sayin...

Report: Jackson has sprained MCL

Tarvaris Jackson of Minnesota Vikings leaves field with reported MCL injury - ESPN

Quote:
MANKATO, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson suffered a sprained MCL after getting tangled with a teammate during a Saturday morning scrimmage, according to a report in the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

The Web site ProFootballTalk.com was the first to report the injury.

Jackson, who had an MRI exam according to the Star Tribune, was not on the field for practice later Saturday.

Jackson was injured when defensive lineman Letroy Guion fell at his feet and rolled over his leg during an 11-on-11 drill. Jackson folded to the field in pain as trainers rushed to check on him. After a few minutes, he was able to get up and walk off under his own power.

"I really don't know what happened," Guion said. "Everybody was moving so fast."

The fourth-year pro first received some attention at a tent on the side of the field before heading to the team's locker room area at Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Jackson is in a battle with Sage Rosenfels for the starting quarterback position after Brett Favre decided not to come out of retirement and join the Vikings.

"Whether it's Tarvaris or any of your guys, you don't want to see any of your guys go down, no matter who it is," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said after the morning practice. "Whether it's your quarterback, your third tight end, it doesn't matter. You don't like to see anybody have any type of injury."

The Vikings have held three practices since training camp began Friday, and Jackson and Rosenfels have been splitting the snaps with the first team.

"It's pretty tough [to see that], especially in practice," left tackle Bryant McKinnie said. "Hopefully he'll be all right."

In his first season on the job, Vikings coach Brad Childress drafted Jackson in the second round as his quarterback of the future. He has been up and down in his first three seasons in the league, which led to the summerlong recruitment of Favre.

When Favre called Childress on Tuesday to tell him he wasn't coming, the competition started anew for Jackson and Rosenfels.

Jackson's familiarity with the offense appears to have given him a slight edge so far, but it's still very early in the competition.

"At this time, Tarvaris has a little bit more knowledge of our system," Bevell said. "He is an athletic quarterback. He's got a very strong arm and those would be the positives about him."
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #184
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Just sayin...

Just sayin what?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #185
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

+2

Edit: Although perhaps losing Jackson actually upgrades the passing game....

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 08-03-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm shocked. I think this officially does end it. He teased the Vikings too long and seemed to be so intent on coming back that I think any team's interest in him has to fade to nothing at this point.

Apparently, I was much too optimistic. Fox Sports is reporting that "unnamed Vikings players" expect Favre to join the Vikings in the very near future.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #187
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I just can't imagine that totally avoiding training camp goes over well with all of your teammates. Is getting to know your receivers overrated?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #188
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
I just can't imagine that totally avoiding training camp goes over well with all of your teammates. Is getting to know your receivers overrated?

He already has a great connection with DBs around the league.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #189
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

THis could branch off onto another thread/discussion very easily.... Worst ever preparation for a sports comeback?

Even Rick Moranis prepared more then this for his comeback.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #190
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
He already has a great connection with DBs around the league.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ESPN reporting he is on a plane to Minnesota to sign.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #192
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, so this is what PF was talking about on facebook. I had a feeling.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #193
molson
General Manager

WCCO-Minneapolis expects a signing today

http://wcco.com/sports/brett.favre.m...2.1133319.html

It's almost anti-climatic, like even the media is actually tired of this story.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

It's almost anti-climatic, like even the media is actually tired of this story.

why shouldn't they be, everyone else is.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #195
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
why shouldn't they be, everyone else is.

+1

I don't even care from a Minnesota/Green Bay perspective, but from the perspective of a fan of the game who's irritated that this guy seems to continually want to have the spotlight on him with his "okay i'm retired this time. absolutely. no way i'm coming back" celebrations to "oh no wait, actually i think i could come back...maybe...let me think about it" changing of his mind...it's just tiresome.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #196
Kodos
Resident Alien

I used to really like him, but I'd rather just see him go away at this point.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #197
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Oh, so this is what PF was talking about on facebook. I had a feeling.

And I thought you were kidding, heh.

And I am with Kodos. Not sure what he is trying to pull. I can understand not wanting to be away from the game, but then make up your mind because announcing a decision and then going back on it days later.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #198
molson
General Manager

He's kind of a sick man, if the reports about this being motivated by revenge on the Packers are true.

Last edited by molson : 08-18-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #199
kingfc22
Head Coach

Ugh. ESPN needs to STFU and get off of Favre's nuts.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #200
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
And I thought you were kidding, heh.

And I am with Kodos. Not sure what he is trying to pull. I can understand not wanting to be away from the game, but then make up your mind because announcing a decision and then going back on it days later.

Well, I was kidding. Like I said, I had a feeling. When "PackerFanatic" makes a post whining about "you-know-who" and how he "doesn't care anymore" even without having heard the story, I was pretty sure Favre was involved.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote