Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #201
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Anna Gunn has gotten so fat and transvestite looking. Scratch that. I've seen transvestites that look more female than her.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #202
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Anna Gunn has gotten so fat and transvestite looking. Scratch that. I've seen transvestites that look more female than her.

woulda been perfectly happy seeing her get gunned down smoking that cigarette last episode.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #203
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Agreed...I watched the first 30 or so episodes of the show recently, and she got progressively fugly.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #204
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My wife stopped watching after into season three (still don't know why) and Sunday I was watching it and she said "Holy shit Sky is fat.."

Hah.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #205
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

I'm guessing she is preggers in real life? Only explanation I could think of for her repulsiveness.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #206
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

She's been getting fatter every season. Just went over the top this one. Though I guess she could be pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I just started watching this on Netflix. I remember when it 1st came out on SAT. I never got into it. But I saw this thread pop up regularly. So I thought I would start watching it. Wow. What a great show. I cant stop watching. I am on episode 10 right now. Ive watched it for about 3 or 4 days. Cant stop.

Season 1 was awesome, 2 and 3 were good, 4 is mind fucking blowing incredible.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #207
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Probably so and there's 100 reasonable explanations I'm sure. But they usually offer a line of dialogue or something to explain it. I just felt like the way it was presented didn't jive with what they usually show us. Not a huge deal at all. Cannot wait to see how they end it. I'd hate for this to be it for Gus.

I actually could easily see Gus putting it together. Between the way Jessie was acting and walking back to an unguarded car after being drawn out to accomplish nothing. I could see him putting those data points together as he walked towards an unguarded car out in the open.

I did have a little more difficult time seeing Jesse blame Walter so easily. So incredibly out of character and Jesse knows the guy better than anyone on the planet, he knows he wouldn't do it.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #208
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I did have a little more difficult time seeing Jesse blame Walter so easily. So incredibly out of character and Jesse knows the guy better than anyone on the planet, he knows he wouldn't do it.

I was ok with that, this kid Jesse loves is dying, Mr White is the only one he thinks knows about the ricin, Mr White came to his house the night before in a panic and thinks that Jesse's actions are getting him killed. Its completely irrational for Jeese to put the pieces together the way he did, but with everything happening around him being paranoid and irrational makes a lot of sense to me.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #209
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Suck My
Old 10-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #210
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Holy fuck
Old 10-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #211
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm the one who does the knocking.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #212
Radii
Head Coach

Sepinwall interview with Vince Gilligan on hitfix.com should be going up late tonight (its gonna get posted after the end of the west coast airing). Can't wait to read that.

Holy shit is all I can say right now.

Also, that was 100% a series finale, and an amazing one. Walt has now fully and completely descended to scarface as the creators intended.

I trust this show completely but man WTF can they do with 16 more episodes!!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #213
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Uh...wow. Fuggin amazing.

Are we supposed to assume someone was watching Walt and Jesse on the roof at the end? Confusing camera work.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #214
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Are we supposed to assume someone was watching Walt and Jesse on the roof at the end? Confusing camera work.

I didn't think so, they do so many unique camera angles and different views on things that i didn't really see anything going on there at all. I guess the possibility is open though.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #215
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Old 10-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #216
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That's Huell taking the ricin cigs from Jesse.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #217
Radii
Head Coach

Hah indeed. The other thing I wanna see is the gun Walt was spinning in the last episode stopping and pointing at the flowers, which is where the poison idea came from apparently.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #218
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just watched that. The gun spun around and pointed at him twice. The 3rd time it points at the plant, and you can see Walt has an idea.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #219
Bad-example
College Starter

I hope they give us a flashback next season to show how Walt was able to deliver the berries to the kid.

I can't wait for next year. Walt will continue to simultaneously rise and fall, ascending in the drug trade while his soul turns darker and darker. My guess is he will be buying more car washes in his journey to become the next Gus. And at some point he is going to screw over those closest to him to save his own hide. Tremendous writing. 16 more episodes to finish off Walt's amazing transformation seems about right to me.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #220
gi
College Prospect

Amazing, Gus's last physical action stood out to me. Nice touch, adjusting the suit.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #221
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

super great, best music of the season, whole episode felt like the foster/bill house scene in silence of the lambs. hope the last season is just a spectacular fall. i'm sure mike is going to make things fun.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #222
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I've started watching this on Netflix and I'm loving it! I'm 1/2 way through season 2 and at this rate I'll be done with season 3 in a week or two. Is there a place to watch season 4 on demand? Doesn't look like you are able to watch AMC shows on their site...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #223
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I've started watching this on Netflix and I'm loving it! I'm 1/2 way through season 2 and at this rate I'll be done with season 3 in a week or two. Is there a place to watch season 4 on demand? Doesn't look like you are able to watch AMC shows on their site...

A friend of mine caught up recently and he ended up paying to watch the 4th season on Itunes. No idea if AMC will air the 4th season in a marathon any time soon or not.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #224
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I see next season as a Walter/Hank standoff.

To me, a satisfying way to ending the series would be for Walter to truly become evil and die in the end, perhaps redeeming himself by dying to save Jesse.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #225
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

To me, a satisfying way to ending the series would be for Walter to truly become evil and die in the end, perhaps redeeming himself by dying to save Jesse.

Spoiler

wasn't going to at first but spoiler'd my post, too many people have popped in briefly since the on demand thing, i hope nothing else i've posted before has ruined anything for anyone!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #226
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post

I think episodes are 1.99/2.99 from the Amazon store.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #227
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm expecting a Walt/Mike standoff. I was expecting Mike to show up after Jesse left Walt at the end.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-10-2011 at 07:48 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #228
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm going with an unknown baddie. I'd suppose that someone else might be angered by the laundry.

Plus nobody thinks that Walt will be happy running a car wash.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #229
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Good stuff here:

Breaking Bad Finale Recap: Plants and Animals - Hollywood Prospectus Blog

Spoilers obviously.

Particularly loved this part:
Spoiler

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 10-10-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #230
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I just saw the finale... HOLY CRAP is right. Possibly the best season finale I've ever seen. How they'll top this next season will be interesting, but would love to see the Hank/Walt chase and Jesse, hopefully, coming out on top in the end.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #231
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
Amazing, Gus's last physical action stood out to me. Nice touch, adjusting the suit.

Yep, that was great. The whole episode was great. The whole fucking season was great. I know that this is what it was all building towards... but now I am actually pretty anxious to see what happens with Mike next year and how Walt rebuilds the empire... lots of ways they could take next season.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #232
Butter
Coordinator

I just now got the title of the last episode too.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #233
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Yep, that was great. The whole episode was great. The whole fucking season was great. I know that this is what it was all building towards... but now I am actually pretty anxious to see what happens with Mike next year and how Walt rebuilds the empire... lots of ways they could take next season.

I like how they got Mike out of the way so they could deal with that situation next season. This allowed the Gus vs Walter battle to play out with Jesse not feeling he has to back Mike up.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #234
mckerney
Coordinator

Last edited by mckerney : 10-14-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #235
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
I like how they got Mike out of the way so they could deal with that situation next season. This allowed the Gus vs Walter battle to play out with Jesse not feeling he has to back Mike up.

Spoiler
Old 10-14-2011, 04:02 AM   #236
Bad-example
College Starter

Any chance of getting a spoiler warning added to the thread title so we can dispense with spoilering individual posts?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:08 AM   #237
Bad-example
College Starter

Spoiler
Old 10-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #238
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Spoiler

Yeah I agree. I feel that Mike was definitely warming to Jesse and especially now after he saved him in that shootout.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #239
Radii
Head Coach

I am actor Giancarlo Esposito, and I play Gus on the show Breaking Bad. AMA. : breakingbad

I haven't read through much but I expect a reddit AMA (ask me anything) with Gus should be freaking awesome.

Last edited by Radii : 01-10-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #240
Bad-example
College Starter

From wikipedia:

Quote:
On August 14, 2011, AMC announced that Breaking Bad was renewed for a fifth and final season consisting of 16 episodes. Bryan Cranston has said that the season will be split into two parts but AMC has not released a statement regarding this. Filming for the fifth season began on March 25, 2012. Bryan Cranston and Rian Johnson plan to direct some episodes. The season will premiere in July 2012, with the second half debuting in 2013.

Can't wait.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #241
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Problems with this season:
Not a chance in hell it will be as good as Season 4. Because that's an impossibility.
I really hate the idea of breaking it up into 2 seasons. 8 episodes would suck.

Other than that, I can't wait for this slice of deliciousness to start.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #242
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Problems with this season:
Not a chance in hell it will be as good as Season 4. Because that's an impossibility.

I would have said that after season 3 as well (In fact I may have done just that somewhere).
Old 06-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #243
Radii
Head Coach

First Look: Breaking Bad Season 5 poster crowns Walter White

First promo poster released by AMC.

Also, AMC will be airing the entire series leading up to the start of season 5. Episodes begin to air next Sunday.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #244
Radii
Head Coach

Breaking Gifs

The one of Jesse is awesome imo.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #245
Grover
Pro Starter

So I'm watching the pilot. When they're busting the house where Walt takes the ride with Hank and Gomez, they show a mask that looks like Gus, after he gets blown up in season four.

Tremendous foreshadowing, especially since Gus isn't even introduced until season two.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #246
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
First Look: Breaking Bad Season 5 poster crowns Walter White

First promo poster released by AMC.

Also, AMC will be airing the entire series leading up to the start of season 5. Episodes begin to air next Sunday.

Which was awesome, because I finally watched the show and got to watch it in its entirety. It is a very addictive show, but I conflicted on how I feel about it. I wanted to watch, because I wanted to know what would happen, but I can't say I am particularly "rooting" for anyone. Walt and Jesse are not very redeemable characters, and even Skyler is complicit. I sort of hope in the end Walt and Jesse dies, but in a way that Walt's son never knows what he was doing.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #247
Castlerock
High School Varsity

There are so many great characters. I'm not really 'rooting' for any of them as most of them are not likeable but are very complex and very well written and acted.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #248
Radii
Head Coach

Starting in Season 2 I believe I found myself actively rooting for Jesse, and that rooting interest grows stronger the more evil Walt becomes.

I trust the breaking bad writing enough that I know I'm not going to be disappointed whatever they do... but I would love for the ending to involve Jesse finding out about Jane and that Walt poisoned the kid, killing Walt and getting away with it.

Last edited by Radii : 06-28-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #249
GrantDawg

Quote:
Starting in Season 2 I believe I found myself actively rooting for Jesse, and that rooting interest grows stronger the more evil Walt becomes.

I trust the breaking bad writing enough that I know I'm not going to be disappointed whatever they do... but I would love for the ending to involve Jesse finding out about Jane and that Walt poisoned the kid, killing Walt and getting away with it.

I sort of root for Jesse, except I can't get over the fact he is peddling a very destructive drug. And then (of course) he shot Gayle in the face.

I do root for Hank. I feel very sorry for him.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #250
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
There are so many great characters. I'm not really 'rooting' for any of them as most of them are not likeable but are very complex and very well written and acted.

I agree with most everything you said, except I think the writing does fail in parts. Sometimes characters (especially Walt and Skyler) figures things out with very little evidence, and makes me have to suspend belief at times. The writing is at its best in personal interactions and character complexity. And I love when Walt makes a "Macgyver" chemical creation. I wish they did way more of that.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-28-2012 at 10:10 AM.