Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #101
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Alright, I'm ready to start on my third batch of players, my idea is I'll post a few players and we'll decide together which we'll focus on. This will be out of the 2044 draft in the same league I've been running. I can also occasionally track the guys we didn't pick and see how they did.

Quarterbacks:

My scout is Good with QBs so we should get some decent results here. To be honest I was not impressed with the top picks but I think we should be able to find some sleepers here.

The overall best rated QB at 6.5 is Joel Rae out of Memphis, as you can see our scout thinks he's overrated and he's got the kind of scattershot ratings I hate to see in a top-ranked QB. This guy looks like he could be horrible, or maybe I'm wrong.

The second ranked QB at 6.0 is Marshall Dunst out of Tulsa. Our scout thinks he's very overrated but I get a better vibe off his stats. I think he's a slightly better option than Rae.

Corey Whalen out of Eastern Michigan is rated 5.2 and the 5th best quarterback, as you can see he may have some accuracy issues but his skills are certainly there.

Bill Emerson is my sleeper who I think looks very good, even though he's the sixth ranked QB and is rated 4.8, he's very underrated and looks solid across the board. He might be the best of this bunch.

If you want a real longshot, Cary Curtis out of LSU might be it, though only rated 3.9 he looks good in the important areas of accuracy and timing and might be able to develop skills in other areas.

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:11 PM   #102
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Running backs

The two best scouted players in the draft are both running backs, let's see how they stack up.

Overall #1 scouted player in the draft at 7.1 is Reggie Evjen from Vanderbilt. He's got speed and power and the only drawbacks here are endurance and he's not a pass-catching back. He doesn't look like the complete package but is still very nice.

Brad Lyle out of Texas is the second overall pick, rated 7.0. He's got 4.35 speed which is hard to argue with, and power. Again, a very good back but not fantastic.

There is a big talent falloff after these two and the third rated back is 5.7, Nick Cole out of Illinois has some of the tools and good hands but very high volatility.

The next several RBs all look pretty bad, almost all are overrated to boot. The next best option is Ricardo Curtis, scouted as 5.1, he's a speed back who would also get involved in the passing game and special teams.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #103
Galaxy
Coordinator

I like Emerson a lot. An interesting prospect with big-time potential, yet could be drafted lower than the top five players.

As for backs, I like the speed backs like Lyle. Would love to see how he fares.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #104
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Wide Receivers

Top rated at 6.2 out of Michigan State is Tommie Ploehn. He looks like a possession receiver but is pretty volatile.

Dustin Mathis is second rated at 5.6 out of USC. He's the fastest receiver in the draft and brings some solid but not great skills to the table.

Sammie Alcott out of Virginia is rated 5.1 but considered underrated. There aren't any great big-play receivers in this draft class but he's got some talent there and could be a nice reliable player.

The sleeper in a weak receiver class might be Emmanuel England out of Auburn, he's scouted 4.4 but he looks like he has some skills across the board.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #105
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Go Emerson!

I'm hoping he becomes a monster.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 PM   #106
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah Emerson will be fun to watch I think. Here are a couple of players at different positions than I've used before.

Austin McCarthy is a rookie kicker who looks like he could be an excellent one from the get-go.

FB Deion Burks out of Mississippi has the complete package as a fullback, and has 4.59 speed. He really looks like the kind of player that could be converted to RB and be successful, but I doubt the AI teams will do that.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #107
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Defensive Line

The best DT from what I can tell is Christian Grier, he's the second ranked DT but the guy over him is way overrated and doesn't look good. Grier looks like he can lock down the run defense.

DE Andre Auron looks fast, strong, and has a lot of skills, I think he'll be a good one. I gave him the nickname of Double A.

DE Dwight Green is only scouted 5.5 but is very underrated and looks like he could explode out of this draft class as a top run defender.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #108
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Linebackers

The top two ILBs are both rated 5.8 but I'll be going with Tyrone Awsare, who's obviously better, high end run defender with a great motor and good field awareness.

Donny Hodges out of Duke is the top scouted OLB, but I have serious questions about his endurance and his field instincts. Maybe he'll surprise us though.

Walter Givens is only scouted 5.0 but is very underrated and looks like a solid if not spectacular player.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-13-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #109
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Secondary

CB Paul Gilmore is a monster player out of Texas A&M, a certain top 5 pick, scouted 7.1 and very underrated to boot. He needs some endurance training but other than that he's got it all. He's the second fastest player in the whole draft class behind RB Brad Lyle.

CB Toby Barber may be overrated according to my interview, but he offers potentially great man-to-man cover and run stopping skills.

CB Deron Bovee probably won't even get picked in the draft but he might be a fun deep sleeper to follow, he had an impressive 10 foot, 1 inch broad jump which only a handful of players in the draft (all top picks) were able to top, but he himself is very low scouted but as you can see, very underrated. He doesn't have all the tools but he's got enough that you will probably see him in the NFL.

SS Wade "Hitman" Fears is the top scouted safety in the draft and looks like a really good one, he has some endurance problems but looks like a heavy hitter otherwise.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-13-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #110
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Right now I think I will follow QB's Rae and Emerson, RBs Evjen and Lyle, WR Alcott, K McCarthy, FB Burks, DT Grier, DE Auron, ILB Awsare, OLB Givens, CB Gilmore and S Fears. I'll keep an eye on the others, if you have a particular favorite let me know.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-13-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:22 PM   #111
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

i would like to see bovee plz...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #112
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just catching up here. I think you should go with the players that after the draft look like they might get playing time this season or in the near future. Not like that poor QB that got buried in Miami's depth chart.

The underrated players are likely going to be the more interesting to watch, but I'll be curious to see how some of those very overrated players turn out.

And yeah for the kicker!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:03 AM   #113
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Good idea, I'm still planning to do this soon but have been sidetracked by some things, look for a lot of updates starting on Friday.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #114
Izulde
Head Coach

I'd rather see Mathis at WR.

I <3 speed.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:10 AM   #115
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm going to add Mathis at WR, at the time I only included one because pre-patch with the starting time problems, WRs really got screwed. I might drop Burks as I have a feeling he's going to be pretty boring to track.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:21 PM   #116
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Ha! Surprise early update! After each player I'll post how they look at the end of this first season, I don't want to do this too often but it will let you see how they look in the real NFL.

2044 draft

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – Joel was taken at #1 overall by the Seahawks. We'll see if they end up regretting this or not. Joel had a pretty good first season, though he didn't do much in the yardage department, also he lost the final 3 games of the year to an injury. He completed 60.8% for 2023 yards and 15 touchdowns, 11 interceptions.

QB Bill Emerson – San Diego – Bill went to San Diego in the 5th round. Did they get the steal of the draft or will he not pan out? Bill's potential took a bit of a hit after training camp but he looks like he could still be decent. Unfortunately he's the 4th QB on the Chargers bench right now and didn't play at all.

RB Reggie Evjen – Washington – The Redskins picked up Reggie at #2 overall. He had a HUGE first season as he tore through opposing defenses like tissue paper for 1756 yards rushing to lead the league, and 13 touchdowns. He also tacked on 372 receiving yards and 4 more touchdowns. He got the Offensive Rookie of the Year nod and also was named 2nd team All-Pro. Wow, quite a debut!

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – Brad fell all the way to #10 to be picked up by the Giants. Brad didn't miss out on the rookie RB spotlight as he had a tremendous year also, going for 1534 yards and 11 touchdowns, with 290 yards receiving and 5 more touchdowns. I smell a great rivalry between these two great backs, don't you?

WR Dustin Mathis – Carolina – Dustin was picked by Carolina with their #22 pick. Dustin had a disappointing first season for 41 catches for 385 yards and 3 touchdowns. He's got the talent but Carolina has quarterback problems.

WR Sammie Alcott – Cleveland – Sammie went to the Browns with the #12 pick in the second round. It looks like he dropped a lot in training camp, he has some potential but is going to need a while to get to it, for now he's a backup WR, and ended up with only 11 catches for 135 yards on the year. (On a side note, no rookie WR did really well this year, I think their development is a bit more realistic, also as we saw there wasn't a truly dominant player in the WR bunch)

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin went to Houston in the fourth round. Austin looked very sharp his first year, kicking 26 of 31 field goals with 7 beyond 40. His leg might not be as strong as they thought but his accuracy is dead on.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Grier was taken at #12 overall by the Cowboys. Christian is a great pickup for the Boys as they needed a great defensive lineman. He played all over the line in his first season and was impressive everywhere, with 47 tackles, 10 assists, 2.5 sacks

DE Andre Auron – San Francisco – Double A was picked by the 49ers at #14. AA has all the potential in the world but isn't going to come into it immediately, according to our scouts. This year he was a backup, learning his trade and getting an occasional start, he had 12 tackles, 3 assists, and a sack.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Indianapolis – Tyrone went to the Colts with the #20 pick. He was thrust into a starting spot immediately and though he's still learning his position, he had a nice year with 74 tackles, 32 assists and 1.5 sacks. I think he can only go up from here.

OLB Walter Givens – Oakland – Givens went to Oakland with their #31 pick in the second round. Walter is a good prospect who can play all over the field, but has some work to do. He got the starting role this year at WLB and ended up with 50 tackles and 14 assists, as well as a sack. Look at his position experience, they have him lining up all over the place!

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Paul was picked up at #4 overall by the Ravens. Paul looks as good as promised, maybe better. Our scouts think he's probably the best cornerback in the league! He had 44 tackles, 15 assists, a sack and 3 interceptions. He also had an 83.2% pass defense.

S Wade Fears – New York Jets – Hitman went at #8 overall to the Jets. He was as good as promised, playing with their other top safety Emmanuel Witt, and had 4 interceptions, 65 tackles, and 16 assists, a great rookie campaign.

Other players – Deron Bovee got picked up after the draft then released, and looks unlikely to make an NFL roster.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-16-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #117
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

C'mon Emerson!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #118
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2045 season

Rae, Mathis, Givens, and Auron were sent to play in the summer league this year.

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – Joel has a lot of upside at this point so he was surprised to learn he wouldn't be starting this year, lucky Glen Sutter got hurt and he was able to get 5 starts, looking very good with 767 yards, 6 touchdowns and 1 interception, all in only 116 throws.

QB Bill Emerson – San Diego – Bill was the third backup this year and rode the bench. The two guys in front of him are 14 and 15 year vets so once one or both retire he might have a chance at some playing time or at least a move to another team.

RB Reggie Evjen – Washington – Evjen had a good rookie season but he needed to show something special this year, and he did, with a record breaking year that took the Redskins all the way to winning the Super Bowl! Reggie had 2048 yards on 399 carries, and 16 touchdowns, and amazingly this was after missing one start due to injury and being severely limited in another start. He was league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, and set the season record for rushing yards as well as the single game record as he racked up 294 yards against hapless Kansas City. (We'll be seeing things like this now that the starting player time bug has been fixed, it's going to be throw out the record books!)

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – Brad couldn't match the record breaking performance by Reggie, but he had a good year in his own right, running for 1408 yards and 10 touchdowns on 271 carries. He added 327 yards receiving and 3 touchdown catches.

WR Dustin Mathis – Carolina – Carolina is still suffering from a terrible QB situation, with their best looking QB alternating between injured and ineffective. Mathis had 44 catches for 513 yards and 3 touchdowns this year.

WR Sammie Alcott – Cleveland – Sammie started at split end for Cleveland, but is really suffering from a case of butterfingers (his avoid drops rating is 0!) He ended up with 50 catches for 589 yards and 2 touchdowns.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin looked even better this year, and made 29 field goals out of 36 attempts, with his longest being 50 and 15 of 40+.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Christian is the best defensive player on the Cowboys, and he looked good again this year, though he battled a knee injury that cost him three games. He had 42 tackles, 18 assists, and 3 sacks in his 13 starts.

DE Andre Auron – San Francisco – The Niners decided to switch Andre over to the right side this year, and he started every game despite injuries, ending up with 44 tackles, 11 assists and 8.5 sacks, quite an impressive total.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Indianapolis – Tyrone improved an already impressive run-stopping season this year with 88 tackles, 27 assists, and a sack. He also recorded an interception.

OLB Walter Givens – Oakland – Despite summer league, Walter doesn't seem to be developing very fast. He got 8 starts this year but only had 24 tackles, 8 assists and a sack in limited play.

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Paul struggled through a foot injury this year and had 50 tackles, 14 assists, 5 interceptions, and an 84.1% pass defense, improving across the board from last year.

S Wade Fears – New York Jets – Hitman really started blowing people away this year, recording 95 tackles, 33 assists, and 4 interceptions to be named 1st team All-Pro. He also returned a lot of kickoffs.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 11-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #119
Izulde
Head Coach

I *really* like how you can see they're doing with the AI having them play at different positions.

It'd be nice to see them change primaries for players sometimes though too.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:15 AM   #120
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2046 season

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – Joel had his first full 16 game season as a starter this year but is still looking pretty mediocre, with 2677 yards, 13 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions.

QB Bill Emerson – Bill was released by the Chargers in preseason and wasn't re-signed by any other team. It's not looking good...

RB Reggie Evjen – Washington – Reggie signed a new 4 year, $34 million deal this year. Unfortunately, he suffered a major foot injury in week 5 and wasn't able to play after that point. In those 5 games he had 105 carriers for 658 yards and 3 touchdowns.

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – Brad looked great this year, with 337 carries for 1584 yards and 18 touchdowns! He added 3 more scores and 442 yards receiving as well, and all of this helped his team to win the Super Bowl.

WR Dustin Mathis – Carolina – Dustin suffered several injuries that cost him 4 starts, he ended up with 44 catches for 514 yards and 5 touchdowns.

WR Sammie Alcott – Cleveland – Various injuries really cost Sammie this year, he ended up with 36 catches for 470 yards and 1 touchdown.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin continues to deliver the goods, kicking 26 of 30 field goals this year, with 10 of them from 40 yards and beyond.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Christian broke loose this year, getting more involvement in the pass rush, and ended up with 51 tackles, 20 assists, and 8.5 sacks. He was named 1st team Pro Bowl!

DE Andre Auron – San Francisco – Andre had a couple of injuries this year, but in 14 starts he had 25 tackles, 13 assists, and 4 sacks.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Indianapolis – Tyrone continues to be the solid center of the Colts defense, with 76 tackles, 23 assists, and this year, 4.5 sacks and 2 interceptions.

OLB Walter Givens – Oakland – Walter doesn't seem like he's going anywhere, skill-wise. This year he wasn't even a starter, but managed to get 38 tackles, 11 assists, and 1.5 sacks as a backup.

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Paul stepped it up this year, recording 4 interceptions, 66 tackles, 9 assists, and a sack, good enough for him to be recognized as a 1st team Pro Bowl player.

S Wade Fears – New York Jets – Wade is becoming a one-man wrecking crew, with 112 tackles on the year, 30 assists, and an interception. Somehow though, he is robbed and only named 2nd team All-Pro this year.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:42 AM   #121
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2047 season

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – Joel is starting to look pretty good on the skills front, and his play is pretty decent, but Seattle is running a lot and he still needs to improve. He had 2677 yards and a 62.7 completion percentage, with 13 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions.

QB Bill Emerson – It looks like Emerson has retired, it's very disappointing, he just never got his chance. He never played a down in the NFL.

RB Reggie Evjen – Washington – Reggie shook off his injuries this year and came back with another huge year, 442 rushes, 2025 yards, 17 touchdowns. He added 60 catches for 381 yards and 3 more TDs, and was named league MVP and 1st Team All-Pro. (Obviously with the new patch and the excessive RB carries guys like him are going to put up huge numbers for now, I've bumped up the injury setting to compensate some, but hopefully this will be tweaked in the next patch.)

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – Brad isn't a legend like Evjen but he's putting up the yards, with 312 carries for 1420 yards and 11 touchdowns this year. He also had 66 catches for 442 yards and 3 touchdowns.

WR Dustin Mathis – Carolina – Dustin had his best year yet, with 59 catches for 748 yards and 4 touchdowns.

WR Sammie Alcott – Cleveland – Alcott is barely hanging on to an NFL roster at this point as his skills rapidly deteriorate. He was a backup and only caught 3 passes for 52 yards and a touchdown this year.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin had 30 field goals in 39 attempts this year, as Houston made it to the Super Bowl but lost.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Christian signed a new 4 year, $74 million deal with Dallas. He notched another 1st team Pro Bowl award and recorded 57 tackles, 31 assists, and 7 sacks on the year.

DE Andre Auron – San Francisco – Andre improved from last year with 33 tackles, 18 assists and 6 sacks.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Indianapolis – Tyrone broke out this season with 106 tackles and 36 assists, a big improvement from his performance so far. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough for any kind of award.

OLB Walter Givens – Oakland – Walter got a few starts this year and put up 34 tackles, 8 assists and a sack. Despite his low skill levels he's actually doing pretty well as a backup linebacker for Oakland.

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Paul suffered from a lingering knee injury this season and was limited to 2 interceptions, 36 tackles, 12 assists, and a sack.

S Wade Fears – New York Jets – Wade was having a great year until he hurt his ankle, he kept playing and re-aggravated it, then in week 11 seriously injured it and had to be put on injured reserve. In 9 starts he had 55 tackles, 17 assists, and half a sack.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #122
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2048 season

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – Joel took a step forward in his career, having his best year ever, 3404 yards, 21 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions on the season.

RB Reggie Evjen – Washington – Reggie signed a 4 year, $105 million deal, and ran well, with 1489 yards on 383 carries, and 7 touchdowns.

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – The Giants made it to the Super Bowl this year but lost, Brad had 1207 yards on 279 carries, with 9 touchdowns. He added 473 yards receiving and 3 more touchdowns that way.

WR Dustin Mathis – Seattle – After being released by Carolina and signed by the Seahawks, Dustin had his best year ever, but it wasn't great, he caught 52 balls for 798 yards and 5 touchdowns.

WR Sammie Alcott – Cleveland – Sammie caught 57 balls this year for 534 yards and 2 touchdowns.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin was very sharp this season, kicking 29 out of 32 field goals and 7 longer than 40.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Grier had 38 tackles, 14 assists, and 4.5 sacks on the season, he continues to be a valuable member of the Cowboys defense.

DE Andre Auron – San Francisco – Andre lost some starts to injury, but in 13 games he had 28 tackles, 10 assists, and 3.5 sacks.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Indianapolis – Tyrone hurt his ankle badly in week 5 and had to be put on injured reserve, he had 15 tackles, 5 assists and a sack before he went down.

OLB Walter Givens – Multiple – Walter was a travelling man this year, playing for three different teams! Dallas, Detroit and New Orleans all gave him a paycheck this season, but he didn't do much for any of them besides sit on the bench, recording only 6 tackles and 6 assists combined. His skills are pretty bad at this point.

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Paul suffered from several injuries and was only able to start 10 games this year. He did get three interceptions, 24 tackles, and 5 assists on the year, though.

S Wade Fears – New York Jets – Wade suffered from a hamstring injury all year but you couldn't tell, as he started every game and recorded 100 tackles and 24 assists.

2049 season

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – Joel suffered several injuries at the end of the season that cost him 4 starts. He looks really developed at this point, across the board, even in accuracy. He had a great year, ratings wise, really looking sharp, with a 71.9% completion rating, 2458 yards, and 19 touchdowns against only 2 interceptions.

RB Reggie Evjen – Washington – Reggie continued to plow under the opposition, on 453 carries he had 1889 yards, and 16 touchdowns, adding 5 more scores and 283 yards in the passing game. He grabbed his third MVP award this season.

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – Brad continues to run well for the Giants, but isn't getting a ton of carries, he had 261 carries for 1100 yards and 5 touchdowns this year. In the passing game he had 406 yards and 3 more touchdowns.

WR Dustin Mathis – Washington - Dustin was released by Carolina and signed by the Redskins on a one year deal. He was used sparingly as a backup, getting only 20 catches for 243 yards on the season.

WR Sammie Alcott – Pittsburgh – Sammie signed with Pittsburgh on a one year deal, but barely played, getting only 5 catches for 65 yards and a touchdown.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin kicked 22 of 30 field goals this year, with 5 longer than 40. He's moved into 1st place in Texans history in field goals and points scored.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Christian was banged up a lot this year, suffering many minor injuries, but managed to start 14 games, and record good numbers, with 49 tackles, 14 assists, and 5 sacks on the year.

DE Andre Auron – San Francisco – Just when I thought injuries were wearing AA away, he came up with his best year since 2045, 38 tackles, 8 assists, and 7.5 sacks.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Indianapolis – Tyrone bounced back from his injury last season to record 86 tackles, 32 assists, 3.5 sacks and an interception.

OLB Walter Givens – Walter went unsigned this year, and is on the verge of retirement.

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Paul hurt his back badly in week 2 and was put on injured reserve. He had 12 tackles and 3 assists in those 2 games.

S Wade Fears – New York Jets – Wade had an off year this year, some blame a knee injury, others a shift in defensive schemes that saw him involved a lot less in the run defense. He had 48 tackles, 26 assists, and an interception, in a year that saw the Jets win the Super Bowl.

It's time to catch up on the other players I mentioned at the beginning of the year, and see how they're doing.

QB Marshall Dunst – The second best QB was picked an ambitious 3rd overall by Kansas City, and it was a mistake, he played three years as a backup at KC and then moved on to Washington and Cleveland, all as a backup. Even now he still has a good bit of potential but since he's only started one game in his career he may never get a chance to find it. He's not so much a bust as a guy who never got his chance, if he gets it he can still be a decent QB.

QB Corey Whalen – Corey was drafted by the Packers at #16 overall, was a backup for two years, then retired.

QB Cary Curtis – The deep sleeper was picked up by the Saints for a year but never got a chance to play, then retired and is now managing his own construction company.

RB Nick Cole – Nick was picked by the Bears as the 10th pick in the second round, and has turned out to be a solid player, he's still in the league, playing mostly with the Bears and now with the Jets, and has 1500+ yards each of the last three seasons. He helped take the Jets to the Super Bowl this year.

RB Ricardo Curtis – He was picked by the Steelers at #12 in the third round, and has provided tremendous value for them, he's got great speed and has used it to rush consistently, with 1398, 1382, and 1253 his totals for the last three years. He's been franchised by the Steelers twice now.

WR Tommie Ploehn – Tommie was picked at #11 overall by the Bears, and has been a solid possession receiver but nothing spectacular, he's never exceeded 662 yards in a year but is a great option over the middle with a lot of guts. He's still with the Bears.

WR Emmanuel England – England was picked by the Packers in the 6th round, and is still in the league, he's got some hustle and doesn't drop the ball, he's a journeyman backup receiver who sees a different team each year.

FB Deion Burks – Burks was picked by Baltimore at #4 in the second round, high for a fullback, but he continues to dominate his position, winning 1st team Fullback for the last four seasons straight. He blocks well, can catch the ball, but doesn't do much running.

DE Dwight Green – Dwight made it into the first round as the last pick by the Eagles. He's had a rocky career, with injuries costing him a lot, but has emerged as I predicted, as a very good run stopper on the defensive line, at this point in his career he's travelling to a new team each year.

WLB Donny Hodges was picked #26 overall by the Lions, and is still with them, he's a reliable run defender who has been very consistent in his numbers each year.

CB Toby Barber was picked by the Buccaneers at #18 overall. He's put up great numbers, especially in tackles, and has given Gilmore a pretty good run for best cornerback in this draft class.

CB Deron Bovee – Deron made the NFL briefly but couldn't last and never played.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #123
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I thought you guys might like to see the top performers over this league:

Old 11-21-2006, 11:00 AM   #124
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2050 season

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – Joel had another good season, he's not going to kill you with yardage but he's accurate and makes good decisions. This year he had a 71.3% completion rate, 2820 yards, 17 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions.

RB Reggie Evjen – Washington – Reggie is a beast, there's no other way to say it, he is the most dominant running back in the league and if he keeps his current pace may break some career records. He had 1773 yards on 443 carries this year, for 17 touchdowns, bagging yet another MVP award. Here's one amazing statistic, he has started 100 games in the NFL, and out of those has rushed for 100 or more yards in 57 of them.

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – Brad remains consistent, with 1110 yards on 243 carries, and 6 touchdowns.

WR Dustin Mathis – St. Louis – Dustin was signed by the Rams to a one year deal, and had a decent year, with 38 catches for 634 yards, with a career high 8 touchdowns.

WR Sammie Alcott – Oakland – Sammie moved to Oakland on a one year contract, and caught 21 passes for 247 yards this season.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin kicked 26 field goals out of 33 attempts, including a career long 54 yarder. Houston won the Super Bowl this year giving him his first ring.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Christian had 47 tackles, 18 assists, and 7 sacks in 14 starts this year, good enough to be named 2nd team Pro Bowl.

DE Andre Auron – San Francisco – Andre's skills continue to decline but he is still putting up decent numbers, with 33 tackles, 9 assists, and 7 sacks.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Indianapolis – Tyrone starts 10 games but gets used as a backup the rest, and only has 52 tackles, 22 assists, and half a sack on the year.

OLB Walter Givens – Givens is a free agent all year but hoping the phone will ring.

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Knee and hand injuries limit Paul to 10 games this year, and he only gets 25 tackles, 7 assists and one interception.

S Wade Fears – New York Jets – Wade rebounds from last year's weak numbers with 87 tackles, 24 assists, a sack and an interception, and is recognized as a 2nd team Pro Bowl player.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #125
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

What is the career record for rushinng yards?
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:22 AM   #126
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
What is the career record for rushinng yards?

Well as you might expect, with the B patch giving high endurance backs the opportunity to run a lot more, often unrealistically so, since that patch history has been re-written. Reggie Evjen will almost certainly break the career record in a year or two if he stays healthy. For now, the career record is held by Isaac Rasberry, with 13,673 yards. What's funny is that Rasberry was also a Redskins player, for 11 seasons.

Clifton Mikulski holds the career rushing touchdown record with 102, but Reggie will probably break this shortly also.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:23 AM   #127
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2051 season – first season run with the C patch, just FYI.

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – Joel has been threatening to have a breakout year and this was it, our scouts rate him as one of the best QBs in the country (it's amazing to watch his accuracy rating climb year by year from its low start) and this year he passed for 3586 yards, with 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions, a career year. While you certainly can't say he's been worth a #1 overall pick, he's been productive and is getting more so.

RB Reggie Evjen – Washington – Reggie continues to plow through opposing defenses, he had 337 carries this year for 1587 yards, and 9 touchdowns, good for 1st Team Pro-Bowler. Reggie has proved (through any patch) to be a world class running back.

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – Brad re-signed with the Giants for a 3 year, $82 million deal but then found he was replaced as the Giants starting back by newly signed #4 pick Ricky Anthony. As a backup this year Brad had 139 carries for 636 yards and 1 touchdown. He's pretty unhappy with the new situation.

WR Dustin Mathis – Baltimore – Dustin took his skills to Baltimore for a year, and played sparingly as a backup, with 21 catches for 278 yards and 1 touchdown on the year.

WR Sammie Alcott – New York Jets – Sammie was signed to a one year deal by the Jets, and due to an injury ended up starting as their 2nd receiver all year, but was pretty lousy with only 41 catches for 558 yards and 3 touchdowns. His skills have faded away and I'm surprised he's still starting in this league.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – The Texans put Austin's leg to good use this year, as he converted 39 of 46 attempts, with 13 longer than 40. He was named 2nd team All-Pro Kicker.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Grier injured his tricep in exhibition and missed the entire season due to surgery. Let's hope he can bounce back.

DE Andre Auron – San Francisco – Auron is keeping his starting job but he's getting less and less done each year, this year he had 28 tackles, 15 assists, and 4.5 sacks.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – New Orleans – Tyrone is cut by Indianapolis, and ends up in New Orleans on a one-year contract. He starts a few games but is mostly a backup, and records 35 tackles, 21 assists, and 1.5 sacks on the year.

OLB Walter Givens – Walter finally officially retired. He looked promising at the start of his career but petered out early.

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Paul was limited to just 9 games by a groin injury, he had 22 tackles, 3 assists, and an interception. His last few years have really been crashed by injuries, I'm not sure how much longer he'll hang around.

S Wade Fears – New York Jets – Hitman surprises everyone with a career year this season, 116 tackles, 41 assists, 1.5 sacks and an interception. He is named 1st team Pro-Bowl safety. It looks like he's still going strong, skill-wise.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #128
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2052 season

QB Joel Rae – Seattle – The Seahawks franchised Joel this off-season, and he seemed to accept it since it means at least a temporary nice pay bump. Joel suffered a foot injury last year and it continued to bother him all year, as he aggravated it a couple of times. He missed 4 starts but was pretty effective, throwing for 2327 yards with a 66% completion rate, for 14 touchdowns and 6 inteceptions.

RB Reggie Evjen – Seattle – Amazingly, Washington cut Reggie in the off-season, possibly because the ghost of Daniel Snyder thought he “wasn't good for our system” and wanted to sign the ghost of Deion Sanders instead. Seattle jumped on that fumble and signed him to an impressive 2 year, $72 milion deal. Reggie lost some time at the end of the year due to a leg injury, but it didn't matter, with 1178 yards on 262 carries, and 11 touchdowns, he became the all-time rushing and rushing touchdown leader! He also holds the all-time mark for most 100 yard games, with 68. He has some competition for some of these marks, so I'll keep an eye on them.

RB Brad Lyle – New York Giants – Brad is again the backup, and gets 136 carries for 540 yards and 5 touchdowns. He's hoping he'll get some more playing time either with the Giants or another team.

WR Dustin Mathis – Cleveland - Dustin signed with Cleveland for a one year deal, and got a good bit of starting time thanks to injuries, but his final totals were mediocre, 35 catches for 461 yards and 2 touchdowns.

WR Sammie Alcott – Sammie was unsigned this year.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin continued to be money for the Texans, kicking 27 out of 30 field goals this year, including a 53 yarder.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Christian looks unfazed by his injury last year, and Dallas signed him to a 3 year, $65 million contract. He rewarded them with his best season ever, 60 tackles, 20 assists, and 8 sacks, even recovering two fumbles. He was named a 2nd team Pro-Bowler.

DE Andre Auron – Andre was released by the 49ers and was signed in week 6 as a midyear replacement by Seattle. He only played in a few games and had 3 tackles, 3 assists, and half a sack before being released by them in week 14. It could be the end of his career.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Philadelphia – Tyrone signed with the Eagles on a one year contract, and filled in here and there as a replacement, for 21 tackles, and 9 assists. He's still got some ability to defend the run but it's unclear if he'll get another chance.

CB Paul Gilmore – Baltimore – Paul hurt his knee in the middle of the season this year, then aggravated it badly near the end and was put on IR. In his 11 starts he had 32 tackles, 7 assists, and half a sack. The injuries are definitely getting the better of him at this point, his last 5 seasons he's played in 10, 2, 10, 9, and 11 games and it's unclear how long he'll be able to take the punishment.

S Wade Fears – Tennessee – Wade was released by the Jets and somehow went unsigned, ending up on a one-year tryout with the Titans. (I hate when the good players fall through the cracks.) This year was a painful one for Wade, as he played through a barrage of minor injuries but somehow started every game. His numbers suffered, though, down to 77 tackles, 27 assists, and an interception.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:05 AM   #129
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2053 season

QB Joel Rae – Cincinnati – Joel went to free agency this season and ended up signing a 3 year, $119 million deal with Cincinnati. He looked pretty good in his first season as a Bengal, completing 61.9% of his passes for 3503 yards, with 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

RB Reggie Evjen – Indianapolis – Reggie was released by Seattle and sparked a bidding war for his services, after turning down two other teams he went with the Colts for a 2 year, $70 million offer (who wouldn't?) He suffered a clavicle injury that cost him four starts, and didn't get as much playing time as he'd like, but still managed 1047 yards on 221 carries and 5 touchdowns. His skills are definitely taking a beating after this injury but he's still got some running left to do if he wants to.

RB Brad Lyle – Brad decided that his prospects didn't look good, and decided to retire. He was definitely overshadowed by Reggie but he was a reliable back, and leads the Giants all-time in most rushing categories.

WR Dustin Mathis – Dallas – Dustin signed with the Cowboys on a one year-deal and caught 16 passes for 224 yards and a touchdown. Dallas won the Super Bowl so Dustin got his second championship ring this year.

WR Sammie Alcott – Sammie decided to hang up the cleats and start his post-NFL life. You'd have to say he was a disappointment as a 2nd round pick, he never really made an impact in the NFL or looked particularly sharp. When you go out with only one career highlight, 4th in career dropped passes for Cleveland, well it speaks for itself.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin was as sharp as ever, kicking 29 field goals out of 31 chances, including 14 longer than 40 yards. He's got lethal accuracy and has converted 83.7% for his career so far.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – For the second time in three years, Grier suffered a major injury in pre-season and was out for the season. Considering he lost his chance to get a Super Bowl ring with his team, Christian is pretty disappointed.

DE Andre Auron – Andre remained unsigned this season.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Baltimore – Tyrone signed a one year contract with Baltimore and got some starting time for 12 games this year, recording 72 tackles and 22 assists, his best year since 2049.

CB Paul Gilmore – As suspected, the injuries were too much for Paul and he decided to retire. He was a good player but as a 4th overall pick didn't really give the Ravens their money's worth, mostly because of the injuries that decimated his career. He goes out as 3rd in passes defensed for Baltimore and 5th in interceptions for them.

S Wade Fears – Green Bay – Hitman signed with Green Bay for 3 years and $26 million. As usual he played through many injuries, and in his 14 starts had 68 tackles, 32 assists, and a sack.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #130
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2054 season

QB Joel Rae – Cincinnati – Joel played well for the Bengals this year, completing 64.8% of his passes for 3127 yards, with 25 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. He had three 300 yard games this year, and had had only 2 in his career up to now.

RB Reggie Evjen – Indianapolis – The Colts renegotiated Reggie's contract to add another year, but he wasn't very effective, and certainly not the Reggie of old. On 238 carries he had 990 yards and 5 touchdowns.

WR Dustin Mathis – Detroit – Dustin continued his tour of NFL cities with a stop at Detroit, he started 13 games for the Lions, catching 38 passes for 516 yards and 7 touchdowns, overall his best performance since 2050 and his best career touchdown year..

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin kicked 26 field goals out of 31 attempts this year, and was an impressive 4 of 5 from 50+.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Christian has managed to keep his skills pretty intact despite his major injuries, and starts all 16 games this year for 51 tackles, 17 assists, and 3.5 sacks.

DE Andre Auron – Andre called it a career. He played capably for the 49ers for several years but never really developed as the dominant player they were hoping for when they drafted him.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Washington – Tyrone played for both Tampa Bay and Washington this year, with a combined 23 tackles and 10 assists in a backup role.

S Wade Fears – Houston – Wade was released by Green Bay, turned down a couple of offers and ended up signing with Houston for two years and $15 million.He suffered his normal injuries but managed to start 13 games and had 59 tackles, 10 assists and a sack.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-26-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:47 AM   #131
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Here's a thing of beauty, too bad we weren't setting up a new batch of players when he came around. I feel like he might re-write the record book:

Old 11-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #132
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2055 season

QB Joel Rae – Cincinnati – Joel re-signed with the Bengals for a whopping 3 year, $170 million contract. I'm not sure he's worth it, as he can't seem to shake his recent interception problem, he threw for 3646 yards this year (a career best) for 18 touchdowns, but with 18 interceptions.

RB Reggie Evjen – Reggie held a press conference and announced his retirement. At this point, he doesn't have anything left to prove, he has a championsip ring, he holds career rushing records in yards, carries, touchdowns, 100 yard games, and yards from scrimmage, and he's a sure Hall of Famer. He'll join Thomas Gaylor as the second Hall of Famer out of our dynasty picks. He's had quite a career.

WR Dustin Mathis – Dustin went unsigned this year.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin kicked 23 out of 29 field goals this year, including 7 of 10 from beyond 40.

DT Christian Grier – Dallas – Christian was consistent as he always is (when he's not injured.) He had 52 tackles, 24 assists, and 7.5 sacks on the year.

MLB Tyrone Awsare –Tyrone went unsigned all year.

S Wade Fears – Houston – Wade limped his way to 57 tackles and 22 assists this year as a starter, his abilities have worn down but he's still getting it done.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #133
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2056 season

QB Joel Rae – Cincinnati – Joel has been playing well in Cincinnati, but no one expected his explosion this year, Joel threw for 4299 yards, with 29 touchdowns and 12 interceptions, a career year all around, and he was named to the 2nd team Pro Bowl squad for the first time in his career. Is he just a late bloomer or did Seattle not give him enough tools to work with?

WR Dustin Mathis – Mathis retired this year. His two Super Bowl rings were his biggest impact on the league as he never made it past the level of anonymous receiver.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin converted 22 of 23 kicks this year, including all 9 past 40 yards.

DT Christian Grier – Grier called it quits, he kept going past several serious injuries but it's time for him to go. He was a very solid, reliable player for Dallas at a position that has a lot of turnover, and was definitely a good pickup for them. He leaves a four time Pro Bowler and Dallas' all time leader in blocked passes, and 2nd in QB hurries.

MLB Tyrone Awsare – Awsare called it a career, ending what was a very promising career at first. Tyrone put up some solid numbers but a lot of team switches and injuries stopped him from becoming better than average overall.

S Wade Fears – Green Bay – Wade signed with Green Bay and hoped to reach his goal of 1000 career tackles this year, but a serious injury put him on the IR list instead, and he recorded no stats this year. Looks like this could be the career ender for him, but we'll see.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-26-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #134
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2057 season

QB Joel Rae – Cincinnati – Joel came down a bit from last year's performance and had some accuracy problems this season, he ended up with 3638 yards, with 17 touchdowns and 19 interceptions.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin slipped a bit this season, converting 28 out of 38 opportunities. Most of his misses were from beyond 40, and some are questioning whether his leg strength is up to the task anymore.

S Wade Fears – Wade went unsigned this year, and it looks like he won't be signed again.

2058 season

QB Joel Rae – Cincinatti – Joel remained a bit shaky this year but got the job done, throwing for 3365 yards with 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin is still Houston's kicker but he's obviously not as good as he was and they have a young kicker on the roster who's almost to his level. Still, this year he converted 26 of 32 field goals, but only 4 of 11 beyond 40, he's very accurate for the short kicks but his power is dropping by the year. He is now 5th all time in field goals with 408, but needs 38 more to tie the all-time leader.

S Wade Fears – Hitman retired this year, after an impressive career, four Pro Bowl nods, a championship ring, and is the Jets all time leader in tackles and assists. Wade is also #38 on the all-time tackle list, with 939.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-26-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #135
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2059 season

Reggie Evjen was inducted into the Hall of Fame this year with 92% of the votes!

QB Joel Rae – Cincinnati – Joel started all 16 games, though he continued to be lackluster, he threw for 3563 yards with 12 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

K Austin McCarthy – Houston – Austin is barely holding off the other kicker now, but was still given the starting nod, and kicked 25 of 30 field goals this year, including 6 of 11 beyond 40. He's very close to the all-time mark but will need another season of starting to get it.

2060 season

QB Joel Rae – Cincinnati – Joel is in his 17th year as a starting quarterback, and injuries are adding up a little, but he still starts 13 games and throws for 2158 yards with 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

K Austin McCarthy – Austin retired this year, so close to the all-time field goal lead, but the Texans had informed him they were going to release him and he didn't think he'd be able to sign with anyone else, so he hung up his cleats. He goes out 3rd on the all-time field goal list, but 1st on the all-time points scored list, edging legendary kicker R.J. Mathews by 2 points in that area. One very strange statistical note, Austin missed his first extra point attempt in his first game, but then never missed another one, kicking 570 straight PATs.

2061 season

QB Joel Rae – Joel retires, after a long career. He was never a standout, only getting one Pro Bowl bid, and no Super Bowl Rings, but he had a successful career with two different teams and leads Seattle in all-time passing yards and touchdowns, and is second with Cincinnati in those areas.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:26 AM   #136
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well that's it for this batch of players! We got another Hall of Famer in Evjen and I wouldn't be surprised if McCarthy makes it in too. If people are interested I can set up another batch of players, or if not I can call it a dynasty.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #137
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Please set up another batch. This is very interesting!
Dolemite73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #138
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm going to try something different this time around, instead of picking the good players we like, I'm going to track the players the computer selects, in this case I'm going to track all of the picks that the best and worst teams in the league make, so that should be around 14 to start with, with many of the late rounders falling off pretty fast. I'll also try to give an explanation of where the teams are and how these draftees will help them.

For the 2063 draft, in 2062 the San Diego Chargers won the Super Bowl, driven there from a 10-6 regular season finish by excellent post-season performances by their 16 year veteran QB Earl Shea and their veteran running back Ethan Rodgers. This team was a surprise to everyone and this was their first bowl win ever! Basically this was not a traditional Super Bowl team loaded with talent, their offensive skill players are mostly veteran guys on their last legs who put it all together for a good year, plus a pretty good defense. They can really use some replacement players at various positions going into the draft, and the scout says their primary need positions are mostly defensive, DE, OLB, and reserve DE. It's unlikely that Earl Shea has more than one or two more years with the team so they might look for a replacement if they are lucky enough to find one.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are one of the sad sacks of the league, they finished 3-13 last year to earn the top pick, and it has been seven years since they last made the playoffs. They also have a very seasoned QB, 16 year veteran Trent Myers, though they do have a very good receiver in 8 year player Spencer Juneau. They have some real problems at defensive line and in other parts of their defense, and the scout says they need a DE, Safety, and a Quarterback.

Tampa Bay has two really good choices at the top of the draft, both in their need positions, QB Andrew Jourden edges out DE Dustin Delgado, but only by a bit, both are graded 7+ players and top the draft class. Which one will they choose?

Tampa Bay - #1 overall – QB Andrew Jourden, Florida State. There's a lot here to like, as he has pretty good skills across the board, and massive upside, as long as he works on his timing.His very high volatility is a possible concern, however.

San Diego - #32 overall – DE Melvin Crawford, Jacksonville. The Chargers grabbed a solid player at a need position, who looks like a good run stopper and could be moved over to the right side of the line where he has more experience.

Tampa Bay - 2nd Round, pick #1 – SS Ty Wiggins, Duke. Tampa jumps on this excellent safety prospect, I'm surprised he didn't go in the first round as he looks like he could have the complete package.

San Diego - 2nd Round, pick #32 – RB Dan Arnold, Arizona State – The Chargers pick up Arnold, who doesn't look that great out of the gate, I don't see much potential for him to be a starting back as he lacks the speed and power, but he's got some tools and could be a third down/special teams guy with some pass catching ability.

Tampa Bay - 3rd Round, pick #1 – RB Scott Addy, South Carolina – I like this running back pick more than Arnold, he's got some outside speed and a bit of power inside, looks like these could combine to make him a decent back at the NFL level.

San Diego - 3rd Round, pick #32 CB Kevin Kanellitsas, Jr, Memphis – This looks like a nice pickup to me, as what Kevin lacks in run defense skills, he has in spades in zone and bump and run, as well as other areas. This is a great player to get at the end of the third round.

Tampa Bay - 4th Round, pick #1 SS Chris Derosa, Texas Tech – The Bucs grab a second safety to back up their previous pick, and he looks like a nice catch also, with good run defense and ballhawking skills, and is an excellent punt returner.

San Diego - 4th Round, pick #32 LG Bernard Eppright, Indiana. - The Bolts want someone to fill out their offensive line corps and Eppright looks like he could be an average player, probably a backup. He's got high volatility and good experience as a right guard so a switch there could pay dividends.

Tampa Bay - 5th Round, pick #1 FB Tommie Lombardo, Virginia – Tommie looks like he could be a useful player, with some skills in catching the ball, special teams, and blocking, and a low volatility.

San Diego - 5th Round, pick #32 WLB Deion Coleman, Kansas – Deion is a player who looks very good against the run and can play man-to-man a bit, with experience across the entire defense.

Tampa Bay - 6th Round, pick #1 CB Chuck Clemons, Ohio State – Chuck is a gamble, a guy who has medium ability across the board in most areas but has low volatility, instead he has nice experience across the secondary, they may be looking for someone they can pop in as a backup right away.

San Diego - 6th Round, pick #32 LT Randal Evens, Assumption – It's a crapshoot this late in the draft, Randal has some good experience on the line, though his abilities look pretty questionable to me.

Tampa Bay - 7th Round, pick #1 C Courtney Stelmack, Colorado State – This guy looks pretty good for a 7th rounder, middling ability and a high volatility.

San Diego - 7th Round, pick #32 WLB Anthony Dennis, Dayton – A random scrub with very low volatility, this guy is my “most likely to never be heard from again” player.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #139
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2063 season

Both teams improved on last year's performance, but Tampa Bay's was much more impressive, they went from 3-13 last year to 9-7 and winning their division this year! Tampa had a much improved offense as well as major improvements to their secondary this year.

Tampa Bay

QB Andrew Jourden – Andrew looks like he's going to be as good as expected, though his complete lack of timing is a problem. This year he split time with Trent Myers and started 9 games, he had the usual rookie problems, and threw for 1772 yards with 11 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. In the Bucs Wild Card loss to San Francisco, he broke loose for 325 yards and 3 touchdowns, but it wasn't enough. This kid is going to be good.

RB Scott Addy – Addy isn't great, but the Bucs don't have anything at running back, so he platooned this year with Bill Mathis. Scott had 203 carries for 773 yards and 6 touchdowns as part of a surprisingly effective running game.

FB Tommie Lombardo – Tommie is the only fullback on the Bucs' roster so he did a bit of everything, blocking, catching a few passes, running the ball occasionally. He didn't add much to the offense in any case.

C Courtney Stelmack – Courtney was the backup center for the team, and played a bit, recording 7 KRBs out of 21 chances.

RCB Chuck Clemons – Chuck was used as a backup cornerback and safetyand his experience is showing, his ratings are pretty nice for a 6th round pick. He had 10 tackles, an assist, and 2 interceptions on the season.

SS Ty Wiggins – Ty jumped in at starter right away, and looks like he has nothing but potential, he put up some nice numbers this year, second on the team with 82 tackles, 19 assists, and 2 interceptions.

FS Chris Derosa – Chris was moved over to free safety and immediately started as part of the rookie safety tandem with Wiggins. He had 39 tackles, 7 assists and an interception.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #140
Peregrine
Pro Starter

San Diego went 11-7 and lost in the wild card round to Houston.

RB Dan Arnold – Dan was as bad as expected, and barely played this year, mostly in special teams.

LG Bernard Eppright – Bernard looked very good from the start and was named the starter in an anemic offensive line. He did well, racking up 24 KRBs in 72 chances, and looks like he could become one of the better members of the line.

LT Randal Evans – Evans was released by the Chargers and signed with Cleveland. He doesn't look like he'll be around the league long.

DE Melvin Crawford – Melvin brings a lot to the table, skill-wise, and he was named the starter for most of the season, 12 games. Overall he had 15 tackles, 6 assists, and 6.5 sacks.

WLB Deion Coleman – Deion has a lot of improvement left to go, but he did start this year for 13 games, his numbers were 39 tackles, 7 assists, and 1 sack on the season.

WLB Anthony Dennis – Anthony doesn't look that good but as a warm body he filled in for an injury and played surprisingly well, with 25 tackles, 11 assists, and 1.5 sacks.

CB Kevin Kanellitsas – Kevin has a good bit of potential but he never got to play this year and ended up on the bench.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:35 AM   #141
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2064 season

Tampa Bay was consistent at 9-7 and winning their division, while San Diego slipped to 8-8 on the year.

Tampa Bay

QB Andrew Jourden – Andrew was sent to summer league to help improve his skills, and is developing well across the board. He started all 16 games this year as Trent Myers has retired. This season he completed 62.7% of his passes for 3367 yards, with 18 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. The Bucs are very excited about Andrew and the things he will do for them in the future.

RB Scott Addy – Scott was released and spent the season unsigned.

FB Tommie Lombardo – Tommie is developing slowly as a blocker, and this year didn't even start every game, it seems the Bucs are moving away from using a fullback in all their sets. In 9 starts he had one run for 4 yards, 21 catches for 57 yards, and 7 KRBs in 18 chances.

C Courtney Stelmack – Courtney again played sparingly as the backup center, he doesn't have much upside but he'll do in a pinch. He had 6 KRBs in 14 chances and allowed 1 sack in 147 pass plays.

CB Chuck Clemons – Chuck has developed well for a 6th round pick and started 5 games this year, playing in all of them. He had 3 interceptions, 32 tackles, and 5 assists, and is really playing well for his limited time.

SS Ty Wiggins – Ty struggled with hand and shoulder injuries this year, but was still a starter and a valuable part of the secondary, in his 15 starts he had 83 tackles, 24 assists, a sack and an interception.

FS Chris Derosa - Chris had knee and leg injuries this season that limited his development, instead of starting as he did last year he was knocked back to backup, and due to the injuries only played in 10 games, recording 12 tackles and 5 assists.

San Diego

RB Dan Arnold – Dan got some playing time this year, starting one game and playing in all of them, he had 107 carries for 421 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also had 27 catches for 165 yards and a touchdown. He's certainly not blowing anyone away with his talent at this point.

LG Bernard Eppright - Bernard has developed fully at this point and is a capable guard and and excellent fourth round pick. He started every game and had 30 KRBs in 88 chances, and allowed 10 sacks on the year.

LT Randal Evans – Randal was released by the Chargers, he played in one game for the Browns and was then released by them also.

LDE Melvin Crawford – Melvin started every game and did a little bit of everything, with 20 tackles, 13 assists, 5 sacks, and a nice 15 hurries.

WLB Deion Coleman – Deion was dropped back to backup as the coaches feel he isn't developing fast enough. In very sparse play he had 14 tackles and 3 assists.

WLB Anthony Dennis – Anthony started two games and played as a backup, recording 28 tackles and 7 assists on the year.

LCB Kevin Kanellitsas – The Chargers sent Kevin to summer league hoping to spark his development, but it didn't help much when he didn't get to play at all this year! He's got potential but desperately needs playing time.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #142
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2065 season

San Diego remained 8-8 on the year while Tampa Bay improved to 11-5 and won their division.

Tampa Bay

QB Andrew Jourden – The Bucs had hoped for a star franchise QB when they drafted Andrew and it looks like they got one, as he came into his own this year, exploding for a great year, completing 67.9% of his passes for 3816 yards with 30 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions. He was named league MVP as well as Offensive Player of the Year! He's filled in all his red bars at this point, thanks to summer league last year and a good mentor.

RB Scott Addy – Scott retired.

FB Tommie Lombardo – Tommie was re-signed by the Bucs for two years and $6.2 million. He was actually much worse at blocking this year, with only 5 KRBs in 33 chances, and caught 25 passes for 104 yards. He started even fewer this games this year, with 8.

C Courtney Stelmack – Courtney remains backup center, with 10 KRBs out of 22 chances this year.

CB Chuck Clemons – Chuck played sparingly as a backup this season, with 5 tackles and an assist, then was released in Week 10, and remained unsigned.

SS Ty Wiggins – Ty has developed to be one of the Bucs star players on defense, though this year he continued to be hampered by injuries. He had 65 tackles, 13 assists, a sack and an interception.

FS Chris Derosa – Chris started 6 games at free safety and continued to run back punts for the Bucs. He had 20 tackles and 7 assists.

San Diego

RB Dan Arnold – Dan was resigned by San Diego for two years and $6.8 million. He barely got to see the field this year with 4 rushes for 13 yards, though he was used as a backup receiver with 36 catches for 371 yards and two touchdowns.

LG Bernard Eppright – Bernard started every game again this year and had 38 KRBs in 85 chances, improving his blocking percentage by quite a bit to 44.7

LT Randal Evans – Randal retired.

LDE Melvin Crawford – Melvin continued to start, with 22 tackles, 9 assists, and 5 sacks, along with 13 hurries.

WLB Deion Coleman – Deion was again a backup and recorded 11 tackles, 4 assists and a sack this year.

WLB Anthony Dennis – Anthony was the primary backup at WLB and had 30 tackles and 4 assists this year.

LCB Kevin Kanellitsas – Kevin actually got to see the field this year! He started in 2 games and played in 3, with 8 tackles and an interception.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #143
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for these, I think they are an excellent read and very interesting.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote