Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:04 PM   #2303
bob
College Starter

Dumb penalty but man call a hold. Or intentional grounding a play or two before.

Last edited by bob : 01-29-2023 at 09:04 PM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:04 PM   #2304
Swaggs
Coordinator

Those are two really closely matched teams.
Swaggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:06 PM   #2305
frnk55
High School Varsity

Holy cow.
Sleep well tonight #58
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:06 PM   #2306
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Romo really is starting to get annoying

Yeah. He went from being able to predict plays before they happened to being so proud of himself for telling us what he just saw. He’s definitely lost his fastball.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:06 PM   #2307
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Dumb penalties and terrible o-line play.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:08 PM   #2308
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Top 10 dumbest penalties ever?

I'm literally dumbfounded. WTF was he thinking?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:11 PM   #2309
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Yeah. He went from being able to predict plays before they happened to being so proud of himself for telling us what he just saw. He’s definitely lost his fastball.
He's just a wee bit excitable, too.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:14 PM   #2310
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Romo really is starting to get annoying

I agree. It's like he's already become a caricature of himself in record time. It took guys like Madden and Berman a decade or more to get where Romo seems to be.

I actually enjoyed Greg Olsen today and for most of the year. He's better than Romo at this point.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:16 PM   #2311
RainMaker
General Manager

That's a penalty they call every time but the Bengals were jobbed most of the game. Burrow took a late hit a drive earlier and they didn't call it. Just an atrocious officiating crew.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:22 PM   #2312
Ksyrup

There was also a pretty blatsnt hold on the run too.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-30-2023, 09:05 AM   #2313
miami_fan
Coordinator

The penalty at the end was because the DE did not try to soften the blow right? It was definitely a penalty but I wonder if he would have gotten the benefit of the doubt if he tried to soften the blow or hold Mahomes up. Given where the DE started his pursuit from and the momentum he had as Mahomes went out of bounds, he was definitely going to make contact with Mahomes. The push seems like that was the cherry on top.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:20 AM   #2314
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think he could have avoided contact, these guys have crazy agility. It is a penalty 100/100 times and is absolutely inexcusable.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:22 AM   #2315
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I agree. It's like he's already become a caricature of himself in record time. It took guys like Madden and Berman a decade or more to get where Romo seems to be.

I actually enjoyed Greg Olsen today and for most of the year. He's better than Romo at this point.

Yeah. The contrast between Olsen and Romo was pretty stark today. And Olsen does not have a "bit" that he does that might get stale. He's just really good at color commentating. I could see him having a nice long run as a top guy.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:46 AM   #2316
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think he could have avoided contact, these guys have crazy agility. It is a penalty 100/100 times and is absolutely inexcusable.

He injured his knee on the play so he is not all that agile. There is no question he hit him out of bounds and I am not excusing it. All I am saying is he did not slow up as he reached the sidelines. He ran straight through the sidelines like it were a finish line in a track race and because of that and at 263 lbs he was definitely going to make contact with Mahomes. I just wonder if he runs into him but tries to hold him up if the refs give him the benefit of the doubt.

On a unrelated note, I have no idea if what he is saying is true or not but I love this NFL version of "that's not traveling in the league."

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:40 PM   #2317
Atocep
Coordinator

Purdy has a complete tear of the UCL. He's getting a 2nd opinion, but it looks like he needs Tommy John and will miss next year.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:47 PM   #2318
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Purdy has a complete tear of the UCL. He's getting a 2nd opinion, but it looks like he needs Tommy John and will miss next year.

wow what a horrible ending to such a good story this season
Old 01-30-2023, 04:56 PM   #2319
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The 49ers QB situation over the last few years needs its own documentary.
Old 01-30-2023, 05:12 PM   #2320
gagelange10
n00b

Whew, gonna hear a lot of relentless reporting about Brady to the 49rs this offseason.

Sucks for Purdy. Poor guy
gagelange10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:42 PM   #2321
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Niners kind of get the perfect opportunity to look at Lance again. They could go after an upside backup like Minshew or perhaps mine the Rudolph/Trubisky type
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:59 PM   #2322
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Or the Niners could sign Brady for a year, let him retire with another ring, and then bring back Purdy with his improved elbow. Win-win-win.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:05 PM   #2323
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess Brady fits too.

Or Trey Lance for Aaron Rodgers
Old 01-30-2023, 07:06 PM   #2324
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Eagles have to be having one of the most dominating postseasons of all time.

Not surprising given Hurts has already put up 275(!) passing yards across two games.

I feel they were maybe a bit fortunate playing the team ranked 21st in DVOA in their first game and playing a team without a quarterback who could pass for most of their second game. I'm just not convinced they've been good this post season as much as the teams they've played have been bad. They were good in the regular season and earned the top seed but I haven't actually seen them against any real competition in the post-season, so would be hesitant to call them dominant.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:08 AM   #2325
Edward64
Head Coach

Draft predictions are all over the place (especially QB order). I’ve seen predictions Falcons talking an Edge, CB, OT and QB. I don’t get paid the big bucks but seems we need a solid QB or pass rusher.

I think the Falcons can get someone pretty good at #8. Looking forward to the combines and draft day.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:55 AM   #2326
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This isn't really an NFL-specific question, but it is one I've had for a while, and the rumblings about the Broncos new ownership group having trouble agreeing on a coach reminded me to ask it here:

One thing I've never known/understood about pro sports teams is how much power (if any) minority owners have. You never hear about them. But they own part of the team, so they have to have some say, right? Or is it just a passive investment for them where they get season tickets and a sweet parking spot and otherwise stay out of the way?

Anyone have any insights?

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-31-2023 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:35 AM   #2327
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Yeah. The contrast between Olsen and Romo was pretty stark today. And Olsen does not have a "bit" that he does that might get stale. He's just really good at color commentating. I could see him having a nice long run as a top guy.

My ideal team would be Tirico/Olsen. Tirico seems to explain things so well and works well with his color guy. Olsen is nailing that wonderful middle ground of giving me info without trying to grab attention.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:36 AM   #2328
Thomkal
Head Coach

Making the rounds on Cardinals Twitter: Whoever wins the Super Bowl will have more home wins at Cardinals stadium than the Cardinals do themselves in their stadium this season. Yeah it was time to clean house in coaches/GM
Old 01-31-2023, 09:27 AM   #2329
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This isn't really an NFL-specific question, but it is one I've had for a while, and the rumblings about the Broncos new ownership group having trouble agreeing on a coach reminded me to ask it here:

One thing I've never known/understood about pro sports teams is how much power (if any) minority owners have. You never hear about them. But they own part of the team, so they have to have some say, right? Or is it just a passive investment for them where they get season tickets and a sweet parking spot and otherwise stay out of the way?

I think in some cases it’s a springboard so you can buy a team when one becomes available(Tepper, Haslam)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:36 AM   #2330
stevew
Hall Of Famer

7 nfl teams were purchased for $50,000 or less
Old 01-31-2023, 09:47 AM   #2331
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tyler Huntley:Pro Bowl
Old 01-31-2023, 09:49 AM   #2332
Jstraub
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow what a horrible ending to such a good story this season

Maybe their brilliant coach should not have had a back-up tight end try to block their best pass rusher 1 vs. 1. This decision potentially cost them the game, the Super Bowl and drastically set back Purdy's development.
Jstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:33 AM   #2333
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

If I had to guess most minority owners think of it as an investment and don't exert much influence. In fact, I think we would be better served to refer to the owner as the primary shareholder / investor. That better describes the way they behave, more like the Chairman of the Board in a public company and the head coach is the CEO. In some cases, that Chairman also has a day to day role like Jerry Jones.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:56 AM   #2334
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tyler Huntley:Pro Bowl

Can't re-sign Lamar when you've got a Pro Bowler on the roster.
Old 01-31-2023, 12:59 PM   #2335
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Lots of talk of Denver making a renewed push to sign Harbaugh.

I guess if you own Wal-Mart, you aren't used to not getting what you want.
Old 01-31-2023, 12:59 PM   #2336
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Harbaugh and Russ would be a . . . combustible mix, I expect.
Old 01-31-2023, 01:19 PM   #2337
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Harbaugh and Russ would be a . . . combustible mix, I expect.

Yeah, that's a lot of weirdness.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 03:03 PM   #2338
Ksyrup

The problem is Denver has gone the route of old, grizzled veteran coordinator and young, up-and-coming hotshot coordinator - a couple of times each - without much success or continuity over the past decade-plus. They had Fox & Fangio and McDaniels, Joseph, & Hackett, and while Kubiak was successful, he only coached 2 years and left.

So maybe the only category left to try that they haven't been burned by yet is the Bill Parcells type. I think Payton and Harbaugh both fall under that category.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-31-2023 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:21 PM   #2339
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Sounds like Payton to Denver is done. Schefter, Rapp, etc. reporting it.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:28 PM   #2340
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That’s why Fangio wasn’t involved I guess
Old 01-31-2023, 03:30 PM   #2341
Ksyrup

I hope keeping the current DC is part of the deal.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:31 PM   #2342
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ryans to Houston. I hope it works for him.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:40 PM   #2343
stevew
Hall Of Famer

#29, future 1st(2024?) and future 2nd(2025?)

Holy Shit
Old 01-31-2023, 03:42 PM   #2344
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Sounds like Payton to Denver is done. Schefter, Rapp, etc. reporting it.

Thanks Denver
Old 01-31-2023, 03:45 PM   #2345
cuervo72
Head Coach

I keep seeing buzz here for the idea that the Commanders/Rivera are waiting on Bieniemy for their OC position. Now...if you're Bieniemy, why would you go from KC to WAS for a lateral move? I can't believe that's a good place for anyone to go to (QB questions, ownership questions, etc.).
Old 01-31-2023, 03:46 PM   #2346
bhlloy
Coordinator

Head coach in waiting with Rivera retiring after this year would be the only logical scenario
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 03:48 PM   #2347
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
#29, future 1st(2024?) and future 2nd(2025?)

Holy Shit

Not what I heard

#29 and a 2024 second, but they get back the Saints 2024 third.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:54 PM   #2348
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I must have misheard the compensation
Old 01-31-2023, 04:02 PM   #2349
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ryans to Houston. I hope it works for him.

I hope he crashes and burns. Nothing against him. I just root against the Texans.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:25 PM   #2350
Ksyrup

Quote:
I must have misheard the compensation

There were 2 separate packages being discussed. I think that's the sum total of both.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-31-2023 at 04:25 PM.