Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2027 Regular Season File is up, if you haven't noticed.

DBUpdater is still running, so stats will be incorrect/incomplete on the site for maybe another hour or so, but all game results, boxes, and logs are up.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
chinaski
College Prospect

hmmm, deja vu aaaallll over again. Lets see what we can do against Arizona this go around, I like our chances a little more this time.

Looks like the Giants have a legitimate shot of running the table. We came so close to handing them their 1 loss in week 17

I also learned a player will not sign with you after ending his contract hold out. hmmph!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
After missing out on FA1, I was pretty down on my chances for this year, but I was able to pick up some pieces in FA2 to fill the holes I had (as well as re-sign a few key parts of my team that had escaped to free agency). After a strong preseason performance from some rookies, I'm actually pretty excited about this season.

That means I'm likely going to end up 8-8 and out of the playoffs or something silly.
For everyone not in FOOL, this is humble Alan. I say this not because I don't believe humble Alan truly thinks this, but because its sooooo funny. Every season he coached in FOOL, he'd think he messed his team up some way or another (ok maybe not every season) and thought he had no chance of beating anyone. Then he'd mop the floor with everyone and make the championship game.

DO NOT BE LULLED INTO BELIEVING THIS!!!!

Alan, I love ya, but you gotta have more faith man!

Yeah I'm just gonna have to quote this in here as well, just for posterity.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Yeah I'm just gonna have to quote this in here as well, just for posterity.

Yeah..well ... I thought I had a shot at making the playoffs, but didn't want to come off sounding smug predicting a 9-7 or 10-6 season because I thought Washington could be good enough to knock me out of the playoffs with the right breaks...

I didn't realize that my 4th year QB (second season of playing) Cedric Brady would confuse himself with Tom Brady. 4530 yards passing, 71% completion percentage, 51 TDs and only 3 INT is good enough for a QB rating of 128.1.

Wow...

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

It would suit me fine for Baltimore to "return the favor" to the team who derailed our previous campaign for the 19-0 spotless season.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Tasan
College Starter

I really need some help game planning, especially on the offensive side. If anyone could shoot me some pointers, or would like to take over offensive coordinator for my team, I'd be really appreciative.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

I wish I knew what turned this team from a 14 win team to a steaming pile of crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

It is unbelievable how much bad luck we had this season.

Still, other than the bad luck, we're in the postseason, we have the talent. We just gotta get some breaks.. Somehow.

Considering our overall success, it was a very bittersweet season. Our team is ranked in the top 5 in 18 different categories, 10 on offense, 8 on defense, yet we go 11-5 and even lose 3 straight at one point due to the fact we could not get a break on fumbles.

Of 55 total fumbles in games we played, we recovered only 21 of them. A horrible percentage, especially when we forced 33 of those.

On the flip side of this, somehow the Giants managed to recover 30 of 49 total fumbles.

That right there says a lot to me.. Is it possible in any way that gameplanning or something somewhere plays any role in this? Were these really just cases of dice rolls going extremely good for someone and extremely bad for another?

I'm quite intrigued by that.

Mad respect on the big finish to go 16-0, too.. I saw the game coming down to the wire with Washington still having a chance, decided to "flip the channel" on solevision to catch the end.. A pick in the end zone to save perfection.. Whoever it was, that guy needs a raise.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
. A pick in the end zone to save perfection.. Whoever it was, that guy needs a raise.

It was one of the all time FOWL greats Kim Baker: http://www.younglifenorthdekalb.com/...?playerid=9768

Has 4 rings (2 with Atlanta and 2 with New York) along with various records for career stats.

Unfortunately as he will be turning 36 next year, in the last year of his deal and has had huge ratings drops the past few seasons, if he does not happen to retire this offseason, he likely won't be returning to the Giants after 2028 (unless I can find the budget to sign him to a small deal to keep him around until he retires)

Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Damn, 2020-2025 were stellar years.

We're hoping to get that quality of production from WLB Harold Lavorin when we unleash him full time next season. He'll be getting a nickname I think.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
digamma
Torchbearer

We got better, but were not quite good enough. We'll have a little more room to maneuver next season and can hopefully get back atop the division.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Subby
lolzcat

oh hey look another 10 win season!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #13
Ben E Lou

Definite drop-off for Atlanta, but not unexpected. The postseason could be different, though, with rookie WR Eggleston's rapid development this year. Playing WR3, he gained 26 points of current rating, and is at 69/69 with only C positional experience at FL, and D at SE.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #14
Ben E Lou

Oh, and I made a pretty huge mistake in my offseason planning. I forgot to extend Joseph Money's contract before I offered up big bucks for free agents. So the league's top-rated QB will be on the open market next offseason.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Oh, and I made a pretty huge mistake in my offseason planning. I forgot to extend Joseph Money's contract before I offered up big bucks for free agents. So the league's top-rated QB will be on the open market next offseason.

Thats what happened to me last year. Think positive, everything could end up ok!

Old 06-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to have as much spare cash as I'll need..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote