Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

A Syrnia Journey

Thanks to Vex, I've gotten the urge to restart playing. My initial account was deleted due to inactivity, but I was in the top 20 in combat, #2 smith and #1 mage in the game with 755 total levels. Now, I'm back at the base of the mountain.

My goal this time is to simply get to the top of the combat rankings. To do that, I'm going to be woodcutting for seeds to grow for food and logs to sell to buy other food sources until I can generate enough income from fighting to feed myself. I'm hoping that I can gather enough seeds that way, really don't want to have to waste time fishing and cooking to provide food. But we'll see, been a long time since I've played and even longer since I had such low stats.

Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

After my first 24 hours back, all I can say is I miss my old account. My grand plan of woodcutting and fighting only doesn't appear to be practical for now. So, I'm forced to do a little fishing and cooking. I've thought about trading raws for cooked, but for now, I think I need to be independent until I find a guild to join. I at least want to get to level 20 so I can cook on Elven Island.

I've gained 55 levels which sounds impressive, but the initial levels are freaking cake to obtain. I have reached level 12 in woodcutting, level 8 in fishing, level 7 in speed, level 6 in cooking and level 5 almost 6 in attack.

Random notes for personal record keeping:
Cooking results
110/200 shrimps 55%
78/133 shrimps - 58%
55/120 sardines - 46%
63/115 sardines - 55% cl 9

Last edited by Cap Ologist : 02-05-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Sounds like a fun game. What's your characters name?
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

I'm Tooleman, if you join up, message me ingame and I'll give you some pointers to start out.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ologist View Post
I'm Tooleman, if you join up, message me ingame and I'll give you some pointers to start out.

Message sent!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #6
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Progress continues, will hit level 9 in attack tonight and will hopefully make some headway towards level 10 which will allow me to equip a better weapon called the ogre club. I'm anticipating that will increase the speed at which I can level. I might have miscalculated my ability to use seeds to feed me, but i think i'll just save them for now until i go to ogre caves/elven island. I need to be at cooking level 20 and woodcutting level 40 by the time I move over there in order to be totally self-sufficient.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good luck to you.

I thought back in the day that you earned enough off gnome drops to pay for your food as a fighter, but obviously things have probably changed some in five to six years.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

I think it's possible, but I haven't made it to gnomes yet. Still slugging my way through rats. I remember gnomes being pretty lucrative as well, but I didn't have to buy food because of the guild we were in had plenty of cooks.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Oh yeah, forgot you have to level up a bunch of different combat stats. It took me a bit to wonder why you were still fighting rats at level 9 as I thought that was high enough for gnomes. Hopefully they have added some new combat areas to fill the void there used to be in leveling at a certain point.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

There seems to be a lot of new areas/monsters to fight in. Will have to investigate them more when I get higher to find the right mix of experience and drops. Hit my first goal of level 15 woodcutting, should be good on wood for a long time. Currently training trading to reach level 10 so I can find things in shops easier. That wasn't in my original plan but after several attempts to find cheap bronze equipment, I've decided to go ahead and knock it out now. I'm probably going to keep fighting rats until i get att/def/str all to lvl 10 and health to 5, then I'll try the gnomes.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Reached several targets today:
Woodcutting lvl 15 - opens up a better forest to use in terms of getting more wood per chop and more seeds to grow

Trading lvl 10 - allows me to use the search feature to find what I'm looking for quicker

Attack lvl 10 - allows me to equip an ogre club which is far superior to the bronze axe I've been using, end result being more powerful hits which lead to faster kills -> more experience and use less food in the process.

All in all, a good day. I'm almost out of the original 110 shrimps that I cooked plus the 5 they give you to start out with so I'll be doing some more fishing and cooking later tonight and tomorrow. Gonna stick with the shrimp a little longer, probably until I reach level 10 cooking or get to where I'm training health and can use higher hp food.

So, I'm going to catch around 300 shrimp, cook them and then train defense and strength to level 10, then health to 5, then I'll go back to working on attack until I get it to level 20 so that I'll be able to use a lizard 2-handed spear which is a new weapon that I'm pretty sure I never used my first time through the game.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
vex
Grizzled Veteran

This playing solo definitely requires more work. I do like that there are more weapons and areas. I'm at level 6 attack, 5 defense, 5 health and 4 strength and have been fighting gnomes since yesterday but I haven't quite decided if I'm using more food than it's worth though.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

You are. Quick advice, get your attack to level 10 so you can use an ogre club. Then bring defense up to level 10 so you can equip all bronze and begin to use ogre equipment. Then strength to 10, then health to at least 5. Then start fighting gnomes. With an ogre club, you'll probably 1 or 2 hit kill rats and advance the other stats pretty rapidly.

Killing things quickly is best so always train attack up to your next target weapon, then add in the defense/strength/health levels.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the advice. I didn't do much fighting last time as I was almost purely a woodcutter for the cause.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #15
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Attempting gnomes now, have stats of 10/10/5/5 and have an ogre club, medium helm and ogre boots for a total defense of 22. Food use so far seems manageable, getting 2 or 3 hit kills so possibly a little slower leveling right now compared to rats, but the possibility of drops makes it worth my while.

Last edited by Cap Ologist : 02-03-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Vex, what is your characters name?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
vex
Grizzled Veteran

vexroid, but I haven't played in a couple of days due to this and that.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #18
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Things are still progressing, though not many landmark achievements yet. I've reached level 20 cooking which I'll need if/when I move to Ogre Cave/Elven Island so that I can cook there. I'm one level away from being able to use one of the most potent weapons available to low levels, the koban axe. Woodcutting has been going slowly, mainly due to debating with myself with how necessary it will be. I'm currently level 26, would need to be level 40 to cut in the Elven forest. Wood is almost always readily available and I'm finding myself leaning more and more towards buying/trading for it in the future rather than cutting 14 more levels on the mainland. Right now, I'm thinking I'll be able to fight there in 2-3 weeks if I keep cranking out combat, would probably take another 2-3 weeks to get through those woodcutting levels. Still on the fence for now, but I have time I guess.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #19
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

How does your income from fighting compare with the amount of good you're using? Are you still running a deficit there? Depending on how much cooked food and wood sell for, you might save some time chopping as a second profession and selling the wood/seeds to buy food to support your combat. Of course that requires you to find buyers / sellers too.

Are you still intending to join a clan? How many wondrous offers have you reveived thus far?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #20
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

My food usage is minimal now. I'm fighting at Lemo Woods because that was the forest I was chopping. I've got about 40k in cash right now, with a few items I'm trying to sell, so probably around 55-60k net worth.

I'm in ohno with you, vex and mrkilla22. Got lots of offers from n00bs to join their clan, have had some decent clans offer me sweet deals. Just not sure I wanna give up my ohno tag.

The seeds/wood is a possibility, will need to monitor trade chat a little more closely I guess. Seeds still go for insane prices, wood is probably a little harder to sell at market value, but you know me, I have no qualms about destroying the market for other people.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #21
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Being in a good clan would make things easier in some ways, but my guess is you'll feel more satisfaction accomplishing your goal on your own.

If you're not using much food and even have a decent nest egg (depending on how much 40k gets you these days), I'm not sure why you'd bother with woodcutting though, unless you're afraid your usage will go up when you transfer to the next combat location.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

It'll be a pretty significant jump from what i'm fighting now when I move, although I'm hoping the koban will give me plenty of 1-2 hit kills to offset having to get to lvl 39 for full steel compared to 25 like the ol' days. I'll hit level 30 in a few hours and there are a couple of comparable places now that I can test before committing to the other side of the ol. My daughter is out of town until late Saturday with her mom, so I'll be in full rank slut mode the next few days.

We did have a fake holdencaulfield login the other day. Somebody's multi, he had a short reign for about 30-45 minutes before the mods axed him.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #23
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

And in other news, I now have over 1% of the vessi in movoda's circulation.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #24
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Very nice.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #25
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

My old account:

skill: overall ranking: level: exp

TL: 33 Tooleman 755 28048814
CL: 61 Tooleman 89 14544242
Smithing: 12 Tooleman 85 6020978
Speed: 707 Tooleman 32 206930
Attack: 89 Tooleman 81 4946628
Defence: 38 Tooleman 78 4341106
Strength: 51 Tooleman 70 2969859
Health: 67 Tooleman 65 2286649
Woodcutting: 731 Tooleman 47 751783
Construction: N.A
Trading: N.A
Theiving: 512 Tooleman 21 47747
Fishing: 396 Tooleman 54 1261347
Cooking: 366 Tooleman 43 539710
Mining: 216 Tooleman 71 3138590
Magic: 5 Tooleman 55 1319456
Farming: 323 Tooleman 32 209741

ah, the good ol' days when I used to rule the world
Old 05-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #26
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Hit level 40 today in woodcutting, so once I sell off the seeds I've collected I'll be relocating to the land of ogres. Let the good times roll!

Last edited by Cap Ologist : 05-23-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #27
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Yay!