Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Franchise FC: Welcoming the 23rd Club (FM10/SC4)

The Progeny of Neloxia: A FM/Sim City 4 Dynasty - Front Office Football Central (Part One)
Neloxia: 50 Years Hence (FM10/Sim City 4) - Front Office Football Central (Part Two)

The story has evolved within this thread, from where I started to now. I didn't want to start another thread since I'm going to end it after the 23rd team is announced and decided, so I just decided to clean things up a bit, reorganize it and make it easier to read for newcomers.

Naturally, I've been doing some more work on Neloxia and it's led me to expand on the project the most I have in a really long time. It's rendered this particular dynasty moot, but what I've decided to do is upload my latest FM10 Neloxia file.

Once again, I've reconstructed the playable leagues for Neloxia. This time, there are six divisions that are playable. Divisions One through Five and then the sixth division is reconstruction of the old Neloxian Football Conference. The NFC is comprised of three seven-team divisions. The top two teams in each make the playoffs with three teams being promoted.

So in essence, it's the same number of divisions are before, I just merged them all into a condensed sixth tier of the Neloxian pyramid.

I've also reconfigured all of the cities, so that all of the Northern Ireland cities are gone. All of their teams are still in the Regional leagues and amateur association, but they're not part of my nation rules.

With all of the work I've done renaming neighborhoods and finally getting cities named correctly in SimCity 4, it's led to quite a few name changes though none of the top teams are touched beyond what I've covered before.

Finally, I've also added a history for the Neloxian FA Cup starting from 1950 and for Division One dating back to 1899. It's a reconstruction since history has been altered so many times, but the usual suspects have dominated history and yet, there are a few "easter egg" clubs that if you go back far enough that once had glory and maybe you'll want to take over and see if you can get them back there.

So if you'd like to try you hand at Neloxian football in FM 2010, here's a link to the latest Neloxia db.

Ok, so as promised here's the breakdown of the Neloxian Leagues. I did a bit of renaming because that's what happens when you spend hours renaming teams. You see SuperLiga and think "that sounds cooler than Division One" and then you change it to Ligapremier because no one else uses it.

Anyway, here you go:

Ligapremier (22 teams)
Spoiler

League One (22 teams)
Spoiler

League Two (22 teams)
Spoiler

League Three (22 teams)
Spoiler

League Four (22 teams)
Spoiler

Neloxian Football Conference (21 teams, three divisions of seven each)
Spoiler

Community Premier Division (24 teams)
Spoiler

Community Football Conference (10 teams)
Spoiler

All of the teams in the Community Leagues play in Middlesland, an area on our map that right now masquerades as a national park, but that I'll edit eventually and make the new city of Middlesland. Since they don't have league football, they created their own leagues.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-04-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
chesapeake
College Starter

If you want me to give the Chairman of Alzate a call on your behalf, I probably could. I think the folks over there may still take a call from one of their all-time greats.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
If you want me to give the Chairman of Alzate a call on your behalf, I probably could. I think the folks over there may still take a call from one of their all-time greats.

Hmm...now that's a tempting offer.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
chesapeake
College Starter

The chairman of Alzate is a buffoon, which is why the team fell on its face last season. You can quote me on that.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
Portiere
Mascot

Portiere: Expect Greatness from Darlington

In an interview with the Black Tambourine supporter's club "Bad Rhythm," Portiere lauded the new FCI manager

Quote:
Ricardo Portiere, Black Tambourine legend and captain of Italy, opined that new FCI gaffer Matteo Darlington is the real deal. "I knew him in America when I was coaching the US goalkeepers. He's a first-class manager who will do wonders in a proper league. I'd love to coach with him!"
Portiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Portiere, you're the man dude. Bad Rhythm, that's seriously the best thing ever.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
chesapeake
College Starter

I thought that McKeown would eventually see the light. If he had listened to me in the first place, Alzate wouldn't have had such a crappy season.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I didn't realize there was a free transfer db that releases pretty much anyone worthwhile on a free and has them available for the taking. FM does an awful job with this, by the way, as teams aren't aggressive in signing guys.

Since my purpose the ENTIRE TIME I'VE DONE THIS was to create a league where Neloxia was home to the world's best players, this would've been handy weeks ago, but in the discovery of it, it's changed the game a bit.

At the same time, I went back and named the neighborhoods of the various communities in Neloxia.
Quote:
NEIGHBORHOODS OF UPTON PARK
----------
Elyria Park
Sleepy Brook
Queenswicke
Sedgebridge
Ottersea
Dorfield
Broadwick Park
Torringbury
Kenbury
Falchester

NEIGHBORHOODS OF MARISA
-----------
Dovechase
Southrow
Shreveridge
Waterbank
Wooldale
Sealine
Davidman
Frankfield
Scottslycaster
Cammead
Pennychase
Cheyneham
Cassybrook
Foxbury
Dondon
Marhall

TERRA RISA COMMUNITIES
----------
Barbersridge
Grangeshoal
Kithsleigh
Wheat Meadow
Weyingham
Winterbourne
Greymere
Chevenworth
Upper Highfield
Lower Highfield
Central Highfield
Ridgeburg

ALZATE COMMUNITIES
----------

EAST HELLSBATH COMMUNITIES
--------
Bloodglove
Mickleston
Maresier
Visano
Girova
Premna

SWENTON COMMUNITIES
------------
Villa
Langbottom
Burnoken
Bickerbrook
Heringstead
Horstdon
Hanngley
Cherringfield
Staplingpool
Arringdon
Sweetesgill
Marlstin
Garthridge
Silverwich
Venterna
Sassondin

SOUTH ALZATE
------------
Sarenton
Troutwray Park
Westhurst
Easthurst
Lower Plummoss
Brookmere
Monenza
North Applefair
Pointbourne
Plumgale
Whitebridge Heights

NORTH ALZATE
------------
Tipplewall
Escatrona
Deeringsburne
Eastdon

It yielded a bunch of new teams, some edit to older ones we know already, too. Here are the new ones by community:

Quote:

UPTON PARK/ELYRIA
---------
Sedgebridge United F.C
Ottersea Town F.C.
Falchester City F.C.

MARISA
-----
A.F.C. Shreveridge
Dondon-Foxbury Pigeons
Scottslycaster Athletic
Cheyneham F.C.

TERRA RISA
----
Ridgeburg Barbers F.O.

SWENTON
----
Swenton Villa
Marlstin United
A.F.C. Horstdon
Silverwich Honey Badgers
Venterna F.C.

SOUTH ALZATE
----
Brookmere Trout
A.C. Monenza
A.F.C. Plumgale
Sarehurst United F.C. (Sarenton/Westhurt/Easthurst)

ALZATE
-------
Towerberry

HELLSBATH
----
Maresier
Mickelston
Bloodsgate
Premna
Visano
Girova

NORTH ALZATE
-------------
Tipplewall Athletic
Crowsneck
C.D. Escatrona

I'd just create a community stadium for these teams to share, though in Alzate they don't do that, they just play at Alzate Stadium.

Anyway, the best part of this is the fact that we have the best players in the world by and large in Neloxia right now. Many of your favorite global stars are currently on Neloxian squads. This makes things even more interesting. As a result of the neighborhood situation, the division were reconfigured and now we have updated the 4th division with 22 teams, as well as the other three divisions.

Best of all, the team names sound more...appropriate? The Neloxian story is heading to new heights, though. I'll have more information forthcoming about that.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ligapremier Series America

The UnderArmour Series America is a developmental league for Neloxian clubs based in ten U.S. cities with five teams in each league. The intent is to provide coaching and help develop American talent. Not all of the clubs are directly affiliated with Neloxian teams as feeders despite the fact that all of the clubs bear the names of Neloxian teams in some form or fashion.
Here are the ten cities that play host to Series America divisions. Each are explicitly located outside of an MLS city.

Hartford, CT (Northeast)
Fort Collins, CO (Western)
San Diego, CA (Pacific)
Raleigh, NC (Southeast)
El Paso, TX (South)
Omaha, NE (Central)
Cleveland, OH (Eastern)
Detroit, MI (Northern)
Phoenix, AZ (Southwest)
Orlando, FL (Atlantic)

Each will be comprised of five Series A teams for a total of fifty academy teams. I have to tell you that halfway through this one, I sort of regretted starting it. But it was already too late. And think of all of those awesome American newgens we'll see as a result?!?! Right?

The top two teams in each of the Series A divisions play a 20-game regular season with the top two teams in each division advancing to a 20-team playoff where each team plays each other once with the team with the most points in the end being named champion.

There are also two new cups added to this db in addition to the FA Cup. These include the League Trophy, which is for teams in Leagues One through Four and the Conference Cup which is for teams in the Community Division and the teams of the Series A. Some people don't like that Series A teams are allowed in this tournament, but it's meant to be a developmental event aimed at seeing how well players in both systems are developing since both leagues have some age restrictions.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Franchise FC: Welcoming the 23rd Club

I was doing a search for something else and I ran across this post on an Football manager forum about curing FM boredom. I wouldn't say that I get bored, per se, but I do clearly get bolder ideas about the league and spend a lot more time building than I do playing. This is somewhat problematic, only in the sense that I wonder if I'll ever get immersed enough to actually bother. Some of the teams that we now consider Neloxian juggernauts came from me actually playing. For instance, in an alternate universe Black Tambourine were just a lowly NFC club back when the conference was the third division in Neloxia.
In any case, one of the challenges they posted there (and you should read them, as they're hilarious) intrigued me:

Quote:
2: FC Football Team
This involves you assembling your own team. Remove Portsmouth/Hull/Burnley, set all of their players to Free Agents and delete the club. Then, create a club, place them in the Premier League with no players and give them a budget for £200m and a wage budget of 300k a week and go nuts. Buy 25 players, a squad capable of surviving the league. It'll take time to gel, so survival might be your only option.

Franchising isn't exactly a Neloxian staple, but...I sort of dig the idea of someone dropping into the Neloxian Premiership due to the big dollars of their owner and deciding to see what he can spend could be quite the story to get people jazzed up about Neloxian football in general. I started to add two teams in the Premierliga to keep it an even number, but instead I like the idea the hoopla surrounding "Club 23" and how they'll enter the league from Day One with a target on their back. So this will be our first story. They're going to have to play in Middlesland, because there's no other place in Neloxia with any sort of population that doesn't already have a club at a lower level or in the top divisions.

I haven't decided what this club will be called yet, what the backstory will be or anything like that. But I'm excited for what I think will be a good story and a way to get immersed into what's developed into a pretty beautiful reality of Neloxian football.

It'll be a way for me to tie up this particular iteration of the dynasty, as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:48 AM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Club 23: The Origins

Only one thing could be certain about the new club joining Neloxia's Premierliga for the 2009-10 season and that was, whoever managed to convince the Board of Governors to take the unprecedented step of expanding the top division for a club that had not previously existed must be a pretty powerful person with a lot of money.

For S. David Anthony, the Chairman of the Premierliga Board of Governors, he felt he had one single job - make the owners of his teams more wealthy. Educated in America at College of the Holy Cross, he returned to Neloxia and began a career in government service performing what is now known as the "grand slam" or managing to serve in all four houses of the Neloxian Diet (Parliament) during his career. A member of the Zealots and a proud member of the True Believers Christian sect, Anthony has firm beliefs and when he was hired upon his retirement from the House of Camerons at the ripe of 44, he often jokes that his job in charge of the top division is "his retirement."

Responsible for the breakaway development that led twenty-two clubs to form the Premierliga out of the ashes of the old Neloxian Premier Division, resulting in significant television revenues for the member clubs, he took a page from the Americans after spending last off-season shadowing the commissioner of the National Football League -- the gridiron league of the USA. He learned about "expansion teams" and how leagues in the US have elastic bands where they can essence make themselves bigger by finding an owner who is willing to pay hundreds of millions for an empty team that is stocked with the leftovers of the other teams and free agents. While these teams are often bad for a very long time, it results in a windfall for the owners.

Anthony found the idea fascinating, believing Neloxia would benefit from being the first European country to essentially "create" an expansion team in its midst. While the fans howled when the story broke, the owners ultimately approved the move for one reason and one reason only. Cold hard cash. With nearly two dozen ownership consortiums expressing interest in a possible expansion club in Neloxia, they considered adding two teams, but ultimately decided against it after FIFA complained about even adding just one club to what they believe is an already bloated top division -- at 22 teams, the world's largest -- was a non-starter. In the end, FIFA relented and gave it's reluctant blessing with the one team, realizing that Neloxian officials intended to press on their with plans anyway.

The ownership groups that generated the most interest were that of Indian billionaire Vasanta Singh and Australian-American mogul Charlie Finch. Singh was the first person on Anthony's radar, with the Chariman believing that Premierliga expansion to India would be huge for the brand in the same way that English teams had been feasting on their popularity in Asia for over a decade now. On the flip side, the infrastructure was already in place for American success in Neloxia, with the development of the Series America development academies that featured fifty clubs in the States. Giving these fans and their fans a chance at rooting for a Neloxian club owned by a good ol' red-blooded American? (Even if he was born in Australia...) Might be too good to pass up.

The club's location was decided pretty easily. The planned community of Middlesland is an interesting place. Not only is it home to the entire Community Division at the moment -- a decision made precisely because local community members knew they weren't getting a club of their own anytime sooner -- but it's also the wedge community between Swenton and the Greater Marisa area. It's a direct suburb of Swenton though and part of the reason for it's growth is precisely because the city was growing increasingly large and people were looking to remain in the area and Middlesland offers them respite from the hustle and bustle of the metropolis, with easy access to it.

As the community grows, the clamoring for a top division club to call their own -- the sign of metropolis status in Neloxia anyway -- was a desire of many. Other communities cried afoul, saying that the new town ought to wait it's turn. Local officials began inquiring at then Neloxian Premier Division clubs to see if there would be interest in relocating to a stadium in Middlesland. A lower division club -- Swenton Villa -- actually accepted an offer to move to the city, before local fans cried horror and threatened to take the club to court to strip control from the Chairman, since local owners controlled over 45% of the squad.

In the end, that left the local community with no teams of its own besides a bevy of community division clubs which don't even bear the name of communities in the city. "We needed to come up with Neloxian sounding names when you're going to put two entire leagues in one city. This was, of course, before the city was even fully complete that they'd built a stadium for the Community Premier and were beginning play. So we had to get busy and busy we got," said Jose Munoz Larivere, the founder of the Community Division and member of the Middlesland Town Planning Board.

In any case, that brings us back to Club 23. When Anthony was able to ascertan that the price of an LigaPremier license would fetch upwards of N$300 million (just over $900 million US), it was no stopping him or the owners who stood to gain $41 million US apiece for doing absolutely nothing, not to mention additional television revenues and merchandising sales from the new club. "Why didn't we think of this sooner. That's what we all thought," said Alzate Capital chairman S. Elisabeth Paola.

Recognizing this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to christen a new Neloxian club from scratch, the owner sought an iconic owner who could set the team on the right path. "We want to find someone who can help us truly grow the sport in ways perhaps we have not thought," said Paola.

With a vision of what the owner of Club 23 would look like, it was time to issue the license and prepare for what was next.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-04-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:49 AM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Club 23: Home Sweet Home

I didn't even realize how wedged between metropolises Middlesland was until I bit of further examination. Here is, for the first time, an overhead view of Middlesland. Population is about 131,000 or so. Middlesland is considered part of the Eastern Neloxia prefecture, but is wedged between so many regions that it's not funny.

Consider that it borders Swenton to the south, Elyria (Upton Park) to the northwest and West Marisa to the north. So you've got literally well over a million folks surrounding the city and it's the reason the city needed to be built, but it's also part of the problem in trying to cultivate a team around a place that has lots of folks harboring allegiances outside of the city.

There are five neighborhoods and a downtown in Middlesland:

Quote:
Abbeyhill

Opalcliff

Aricenta

Swanston

Hodgecombe

I've also attached photos of Middlesland. But here's the thing, neither of the possible Chairman want their future club to bear the name of any of the local communities within Middlesland because it's too new and doesn't have the national recognition they feel they'd need to carry the brand. Middlesland itself is too "plain" for some to consider naming the team after the city, which leaves a dilemma.

Supporters groups for Club 23 are already cropping up and many are trying to come up with a name to force the hands of the new owners by already knowing what the name will be. There are polls circulating in both print and online and the names vary from regional to fantasy. The narrowed down list will be released and put to a final vote sometime in the next week or so.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Club 23: An Owner & An Identity

SINGH AWARDED LICENSE TO "CLUB 23"

MARISA -- Indian tech mogul Vasanta Singh has been awarded the license to the 23rd club of the Neloxian Ligapremier for the 2009-10 season. The controversial "expansion team" as it has been called was met with howls amongst the Neloxian sporting community as new club licenses to the country's top league have never been subject to auction before. But for nearly half a billion sesta, Singh acquired himself a club. The Middlesland Premier Authority, an organisation founded to bring top division football to the community has put the finishing touches on a grand stadia, one of the largest in the nation, for the new club that will be managed by the MPA and owned locally, ensuring the team will be anchored in Middlesland rather than being tempted to groundshare in Upton, West Marisa or even Swenton.

"Today is a great deal for everyone associated with Neloxian football," said the new owner. "I am very excited to return to Middlesland and become a proud supporter of our Club 23," said the new owner who held a Club 23 scarf up at the end of his speech.

NAMING THE NEW CLUB

For supporters of the future club, picking the right name and colors has been a subject of intense debate for the past year. Supporters have been meeting religiously at The Ape's Bar in Abbeyhill to decide what would be fitting. One thing has been determined for sure, probably due to the bar and possibly because of the fierce identity one conjures up; they've been unofficially referring to the team as The Apes or the Twenty-Threes. When The Apes finally take the field...

After a preliminary survey was sent out, the supporters club -- dubbed The Zookeepers -- had narrowed the list to a few finalists for the fans to vote on. Each reflects geography or some kind of other reasoning:

Quote:
Diaspora Middlesland F.C.
Abbeyhill Apes F.C.
A.C. Swanston Community
Middlesland United F.C.
Club Atletico Middlesland Poseidon

The new stadium is located downtown, which is technically considered Middlesland Proper. But the supporters come from all over the Middlesland Community and so, the dilemma is how to recognize all of those places in the names. Because many hail from other parts of the country, have favored inventing a new area. For instance, some of the declined names were Sixth Canton of Marisa F.C., AFC North Swenton 2009 and due to the demise of the original Upton Park club (now known as Heart of the City), some favored reviving that name C.A. Upton Park Apes.

A decision has to be made by October 31st to the Ligapremier board and new owner Vasanta Singh has made it known that he wants "a name that is iconic" and is said to favor Diaspora as the proposed name as it reflects "the spirit of what Middlesland is about compared to other cities in Neloxia since it's such a new metropolis." More traditional fans like the idea of Middlesland United and a small faction are in favor of Middlesland Poseidon.

The ultimate decision will lie with Singh who owns the bulk of the club's shares. He sold a symbolic amount to a local trust, but maintains a controlling stake and intends to use it to grow the club abroad, believing that it will be hard to develop a fan base in Neloxia beyond the 130k population in Middlesland due to the existing teams pull around the country. This was also the reason a 24th club wasn't authorized by the Board, there was little doubt such a club could be successful unless it was pulled from a lower division and no one supported this spilt in the revenues.

What will Club 23 become? Soon we will know.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll stop cross-posting and just let you know that this dynasty has outgrown the forum and now has it's own blog.

http://football.neloxian.com/

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-05-2011 at 04:38 AM.