Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

Life in 2020

I think all these threads in this forum say the same things' 2020 SUCKS.

School sucks, politicians suck, the economy sucks, the restrictions suck, wearing masks suck, congress sucks, wildfires suck, hurricanes suck, Trump sucks, the police suck.

This is the ost defining year of our live. How do we come out of this? It is sucha divisive time with shit tons of outside pressure. Where dies the average Joe come out of this environment in a way that they are happy and successful or at least in tact, mentally, emotionally and financially?

This is the worst year of our lives. Where are you, in all aspects, in 2021?

Just a hypothetical exercise.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

Sorry you are feeling this way. No doubt 2020 is "annus horribilis" for everyone around the world. It'll be read about in history books. Year ain't over yet so cautiously optimistic it'll get better with a vaccine or therapy breakthrough.

Personally, 2020 isn't my worse year. It's very frustrating but no one close to me has gotten sick, laid off etc. Personally it's not my worst year by a long shot. I've had some pretty difficult ones in the 80s & 90s.

For 2021. I have to believe vaccine will be readily available by 1H; the political craziness and whipsaw will return to near pre-Trump levels; and the economy will rebound. So yeah, on a optimism scale of 1-10, I'm in a 7 or 8.

The key is a vaccine or effective therapies. It is #1. If I had to pick either a readily available & effective vaccine/therapies or getting Trump out, I'd go for the former. It is that important.

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-17-2020 at 05:03 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Sorry you are feeling this way. No doubt 2020 is "annus horribilis" for everyone around the world. It'll be read about in history books. Year ain't over yet so cautiously optimistic it'll get better with a vaccine or therapy breakthrough.

Personally, 2020 isn't my worse year. It's very frustrating but no one close to me has gotten sick, laid off etc. Personally it's not my worst year by a long shot. I've had some pretty difficult ones in the 80s & 90s.

For 2021. I have to believe vaccine will be readily available by 1H; the political craziness and whipsaw will return to near pre-Trump levels; and the economy will rebound. So yeah, on a optimism scale of 1-10, I'm in a 7 or 8.

The key is a vaccine or effective therapies. It is #1. If I had to pick either a readily available & effective vaccine/therapies or getting Trump out, I'd go for the former. It is that important.

So you think the political craziness ramps down even if Trump gets re-elected? I honestly am not sure I believe any of the “ vaccines” are coming soon. I am sure he will get something approved and offer3d for fools to agree to be infected with in January to pinto the summer. The question is will it be affective at all.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:32 PM   #4
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So you think the political craziness ramps down even if Trump gets re-elected? I honestly am not sure I believe any of the “ vaccines” are coming soon. I am sure he will get something approved and offer3d for fools to agree to be infected with in January to pinto the summer. The question is will it be affective at all.

No, my assumption is Trump will lose. With Trump out, I can see how there is a Trump lingering effect after Jan but yeah, as Biden starts to lead the nation (and he better), the Trump craziness will decline.

Fauci is optimistic about this year and IMO he is the person I believe the most. He may be wrong but fair chance he is right.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...7d94e59a996772
Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday that he believes a coronavirus vaccine may be proven safe and effective by November or December of this year.

‘‘I would still put my money on November/December,” Fauci said, during a Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute panel on global pandemics.

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-17-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I believe Fauci, but I also believe Redfield is right as well. Unless the feds really push and spend money, even if the vaccine is available late this year, it will be distributed in waves in order of who needs it most, and so most of us will likely not get it until well into 2021.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I feel like they'll suddenly get the austerity mindset midway thru the vaccination process and will decide most people don't need it. Meanwhile they'll keep building all kinds of army shit that nobody needs, etc.

Last edited by stevew : 09-17-2020 at 08:03 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:21 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Is the question "where am _I_" in 2021? (that's how I read this)

Probably dead or on the run, as I figure fully-engaged warfare in the streets is no less than a 40% chance by January 2021.

Other than right, probably about where I am today: massaging my temples at the vast amount of stupidity that surrounds me
Old 09-17-2020, 09:49 PM   #8
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Probably dead or on the run, as I figure fully-engaged warfare in the streets is no less than a 40% chance by January 2021.

40% is pretty significant. You all set with food, water, ammo & toilet paper?
Old 09-18-2020, 01:00 AM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
40% is pretty significant. You all set with food, water, ammo & toilet paper?

Like I'm gonna tell THIS crowd here?
Old 09-18-2020, 01:04 AM   #10
molson
General Manager

America's still too fat to revolt or have a civil war. Statistically, no country so well fed has gotten off their sofa for anything as exciting as that.

I do expect spirited comments on reddit threads though.

Last edited by molson : 09-18-2020 at 01:04 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:27 AM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
America's still too fat to revolt or have a civil war. Statistically, no country so well fed has gotten off their sofa for anything as exciting as that.

I think you're underestimating how fed up folks are getting to be. I think either election outcome results in significant uptick in violence in the streets in the months that follow.

If Trump wins, the rabble won't be happy ... but I see little reason to figure bad behavior would be tolerating any longer at that point, time to squash it once & for all.

If the rabble wins and decide to celebrate then the Trump supporters really don't have much left to lose by putting a damper on their festivities, there's not much of a country left to save at that point so why not at least do some good on the way out?

Either election outcome, I believe the end result is largely inevitable.

On the bright side, at least there'd be some relief from the current (relatively) cold war either way. Keep anything under constant tension long enough and it eventually breaks, I believe we're really close to that and that the election will be the final yank on the frayed string.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:14 AM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Unless Kanye wins.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #13
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Ummm, let's finish up with those Obama assassinations before you start working on any other orders, OK Jon?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-18-2020 at 11:30 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #14
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Unless Kanye wins.

Hurry up now, I can't wait much longer...
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #15
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think you're underestimating how fed up folks are getting to be. I think either election outcome results in significant uptick in violence in the streets in the months that follow.

If Trump wins, the rabble won't be happy ... but I see little reason to figure bad behavior would be tolerating any longer at that point, time to squash it once & for all.

If the rabble wins and decide to celebrate then the Trump supporters really don't have much left to lose by putting a damper on their festivities, there's not much of a country left to save at that point so why not at least do some good on the way out?

Either election outcome, I believe the end result is largely inevitable.

On the bright side, at least there'd be some relief from the current (relatively) cold war either way. Keep anything under constant tension long enough and it eventually breaks, I believe we're really close to that and that the election will be the final yank on the frayed string.

So if Trump loses are you guys going to take over another wildlife refuge preserve?
Old 09-18-2020, 12:51 PM   #16
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Unless Kanye wins.

Ballot access eliminated him, but I respect his ability to get 15 minutes of press out of it (same stunt Kid Rock pulled with his "Senate run" several years ago).
Old 09-18-2020, 01:00 PM   #17
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Is the question "where am _I_" in 2021? (that's how I read this)

Other than right, probably about where I am today: massaging my temples at the vast amount of stupidity that surrounds me

You've been saying this for as long as I've known you. Is it just a I'll be right someday and so it's just hung out there and then when we're 80+ yo and someone shoots someone at a Tea party in Boston you'll be like, "See I told ya so?"

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #18
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
You've been saying this for as long as I've known you. Is it just a I'll be right someday and so it's just hung out there and then when we're 80+ yo and someone shoots someone at a Tea party in Boston you'll be like, "See I told ya so?"

Am I surprised that it hasn't already happened? Yeah, a bit.
Do I think it's the closest we've been in my lifetime? Yeah, also that.

The struggle to maintain ammo supply to meet demand reassures me of that belief.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:05 PM   #19
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Am I surprised that it hasn't already happened? Yeah, a bit.

The struggle to maintain ammo supply to meet demand reassures me of that belief.

I definitely agree with the bolded, less so with the other lines

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:43 AM   #20
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Yes, do agree with this. So many weapons out there, so divided etc.

Quote:

I've missed my 2-3 times a year visit at the gun range due to covid. Still have plenty of ammo left for the zombie apocalypse and such.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:28 AM   #21
PilotMan
Head Coach

I honestly think we could see a rise in the assassination on public figures. Whichever way it goes. As bad as 2020 has been I see avenues where it gets worse. More people will leave the country. If it doesn't stabilize failure is on the horizon.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #22
tarcone
Coordinator

I bought a gun recently. The guy I bought it from said there had been 30 million gun sales March-May. He said his shop was swamped.

I need some ammo. I dont have enough to last more than a couple days.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:05 PM   #23
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I bought a gun recently. The guy I bought it from said there had been 30 million gun sales March-May. He said his shop was swamped.

I need some ammo. I dont have enough to last more than a couple days.

Yes, gun sales have been booming. Don't know what caliber or where you've tried shopping but I've bought ammo online in the past without any trouble. Buds is my go to for weapons, I find they have best prices.

budsgunshop.com
cheaperthandirt.com
ammoman.com

The prices on 9mm are higher than what I remember. But suggest you buy what you can find/think you need because it's unlikely to get cheaper anytime soon.

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-19-2020 at 12:07 PM.