Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2007, 01:03 AM   #651
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't have a problem with him using the knife. I don't like the fact it was so early. A little patience might have saved us a good villager.

Understood and agreed. Just sayin, based on what I knew right up until deadline, Barkeep would have been my next vote. Shows what I know, I guess. Just was kind of giving RendeR a "that's okay, kid, get em next time".
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:07 AM   #652
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Which reminds me -- did Neon actually ever give any items away to anyone? I know I didn't get anything.

No way, why would he? Lying bastitch!

I agree with what a coupla you've posted, that NC def seemed like he'd made a Goth play. Least he paid for it. Unfortunately, Barkeep also died, essentially as a direct result of Neon's move.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #653
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
DaddyTorgo (I believe he is who he says he is)

Okay, someone has to do it...

You wanna crown his ass, then CROWN his ass!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 AM   #654
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If Neon is the convert, the wolves do not know he is the convert and assume he is the seer. They then have to decide if they take a chance on killing neon with him having claimed to have the serving tray as well as the Bodyguard possibly blocking them. No night kill in this scenerio could have meant they either converted neon and the bodyguard was elsewhere, they were blocked by the bodyguard, the bartender blocked them or some item blocked them.

I'm thinking about this. The obvious play for the bodyguard night one would have been to guard Neon, right? Assuming that the BG would have done so, then Neon would not have been converted, and thus would have shown as Goth, not Wolf, when we tee'd him to death. We know that the bartender did not block anything night one, since Barkeep was blocked by the bartender (ironic, screenname-wise) and Barkeep had no night actions as a vanilla villager.

Here's the bodyguard rules per Lathum in post one: "Weight room manager: You are lean and mean, each night you can select a player to protect. You may or may not identify the attacker if successful."

So maybe the BG did protect Neon but failed? What other possibilities are there?

* BG protects someone else (or fails to protect Neon effectively, damned random.org!), and Neon (Goth) gets converted.
* Neon was a wolf already, and they went after someone else but failed due to items or BG involvement.

I guess the only conclusion I have atm is that we might still have a Goth among us. Don't really know if it matters. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Quote:
:snip:

If the bartender blocked the kill, I'm not entirely sure if he would have even known that he did... so not sure what to take from that point of view...

I was thinking that too. I'm not familiar with this role in any of the games I've read, so I'm flailing about in the dark but, it's interesting that Barkeep was blocked by the bartender, and offed by RendeR. I think this points to RendeR as vanilla villager, since there's no point in him murdering someone he could just keep blocking as the bartender, and that the bartender (defined as a good role) suspected the same guy that RendeR killed.

Also, from the wolves' pov, Barkeep makes a poor target, since he was genereating some village heat with his Neon defense, so if RendeR were a wolf with a knife, I can think of several others he shoulda killed instead of Barkeep.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 AM   #655
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
-It really was an incredible turn of events that we lynched the seer on day 1. Whatever the plan was, and whoever had the plan, that couldn't have been expected. SO, in an alternative universe, the most probable outcome for right now is that NC is alive, and revealed, and we all SHOULD be here arguing over whether he's the seer or not. What was NC's plan at that point? It's odd that he hasn't really addressed that. As a villager, (as he claims), he would either have had to # 1. Continue to lie about who he scans and whatnot, which would create nothing but problems for us or # 2. Come clean about his lie. Was he planning on coming clean? If so, when? It would have had to have been sooner rather than later, to avoid scenario #1.

Right, good points, molson. Echos something I said shortly in post 400:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Kind of a good play then, by N-C, if ya think about it. As the Goth, he knew the wolves' identltiy, so he'd be able to pretend-scan good players, and build some trust. Even after the wolves converted him, he could still play the same fake role, never letting on that he had secret hair in secret places.

I conclude that Neon DID make a ballsy move, but not in a villager-friendly way. In a weird sense, us lynching the seer saved us from Neon possibly getting a chance to work against us for a few more days, I'm thinking.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #656
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Right, good points, molson. Echos something I said shortly in post 400:

Huh? I posted that, and have no idea what it means. The sentence works better if you exclude "shortly". :snicker: oint at self and laugh:
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #657
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Dola, and trying to be cute, and typing ":" followed immediately by "p", results in a familiar emoticon, even if you don't mean to create it.

So, :P at Crim. Again.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #658
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dang, I missed an interesting night. My voting record hasn't been stellar either which doesn't bode too well for me. I need to rethink my strategy (of what little I had to begin). Obviously DT is the seer and I would imagine that the body guard protected him last night. I think the shot on barkeep was a bad shot but people seemed to read him either totally good or totally bad. I guess tomorrow is a wait for the rest of the analysis before making the next pick
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:16 AM   #659
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So noboby finds DT the least bit suspicious after what happened around the voting deadline yesterday? I mean, I don't currently subscribe to any such theory, but just thinking out loud:

A flurry of votes in all directions, then, before a votecount is posted, DT apparently has enough confidence in his fate to reveal his role 11 minutes after the deadline, but BEFORE results are posted? Not only was he TWO votes lower than the poor soul who was lynched, but he wasn't even a clear runner-up, he tied with #2. I mean, he was way off.

And sure, he invited votes his way after that (that he said he would send towards DT), but there wasn't much momentum towards him, and it was pretty obvious that it would make more sense to hit NC directly.

So not only is he building trust, there's a reason for others to send him their tools.

I mean, everyone's on NC's ass, but geez, the way DT revealed was pretty ridiculous.

molson, I agree fully, and I'm surprised that there wasn't really any movement toward DT at that point. I'd much prefer him to have used it, proving to us all that he's a good guy, than for us to just think he's a good guy, with the potential for him to do some harm over the next day or so if he's a bad guy.

A couple of people said if DT's a fake, the real duke can just kill him next day after Neon... but what are the odds that the real duke would get the chance, doesn't he have to be the lynch vote winner, to use his power?

But if DT's real, now we KNOW he's real if we vote him and he's dukes someone else.

Having said that, I will state that I fully believe that I'm wrong somehow, since all but two of the more experienced players voted directly for NC. What am i not getting?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:23 AM   #660
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Dang, I missed an interesting night. My voting record hasn't been stellar either which doesn't bode too well for me. I need to rethink my strategy (of what little I had to begin). Obviously DT is the seer and I would imagine that the body guard protected him last night. I think the shot on barkeep was a bad shot but people seemed to read him either totally good or totally bad. I guess tomorrow is a wait for the rest of the analysis before making the next pick

Umm, can you clarify your post for me? RPI was definitely the seer, not Daddy Torgo, and we strung him up thoroughly (though unjustly) Day One.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:33 AM   #661
MrBug708
Head Coach

Err...Valet...sorry
Old 09-07-2007, 02:34 AM   #662
MrBug708
Head Coach

Double dola....

The reason I didn't make a vote after unvoting DT late this Thursday morning was because I had an interview and was more or less gone for 6 hours of today
Old 09-07-2007, 02:35 AM   #663
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I'm out until prolly an hour or so before deadline Friday. At this point I have mild suspicions about st. cronin and Mr. Bug.

Mostly Mr. Bug, as it seems he's posted a few things which were in contrast to game mechanics. Maybe mistakes, Idunno. Hopefully more will present itself before tomorrow's lynching.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:35 AM   #664
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
This is nice work, molson, thx for posting it. I don't know if there's anything in there that I can see. Hopefully some of our big brain guys can see through the clutter to something important in it.

Your theory makes some sense to me, as Mr. Bug has been giving me the creeps. So has Cronin. I'll re-check, but I think Alan had these guys and one other on his "hmmm" list as well, and his instincts are pretty dang good.

Why in the world would I give you the creeps? Maybe if you were a hot girl on myspace, I would understand...but goodness
Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #665
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm out until prolly an hour or so before deadline Friday. At this point I have mild suspicions about st. cronin and Mr. Bug.

Mostly Mr. Bug, as it seems he's posted a few things which were in contrast to game mechanics. Maybe mistakes, Idunno. Hopefully more will present itself before tomorrow's lynching.

Hey, I'm having to relearn these games as I played early on so the details are hard to remember as well as strategy for staying alive. I'm usually on the losing side sadly
Old 09-07-2007, 05:28 AM   #666
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Good luck villagers!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:39 AM   #667
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Understood and agreed. Just sayin, based on what I knew right up until deadline, Barkeep would have been my next vote. Shows what I know, I guess. Just was kind of giving RendeR a "that's okay, kid, get em next time".

Throw me in that pile too, I would have been voting Barkeep today as well. Now I'm not quite sure where to go next but I can understand the chance that RendeR took.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:14 AM   #668
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Good luck villagers!

We hardly knew ye!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #669
Passacaglia
Coordinator

The rules don't say that the duke has to be the leading vote getter to change the outcome. Today might be a good day to let DT -- or whoever is the real duke -- do his thing. Unless people have better ideas on who to kill.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #670
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm not sure whom to pick as my vote today. I'm pretty sure Eaglefan and Crim are good so I'm not going in that direction. I'll be out most of today and probably won't vote until after at least 3 PM Mountain.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 AM   #671
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just a quick thought on the weekend deadline.

I am thinking with the busy football weekend we have a normal deadline tonight then set the next deadline for 9:00AM MONDAY MORNING. Then back to the normal schedule with a 10:30PM deadline MONDAY night.

Weekends are usualy slow anyway, we will go with this unless anyone objects.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #672
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The rules don't say that the duke has to be the leading vote getter to change the outcome. Today might be a good day to let DT -- or whoever is the real duke -- do his thing. Unless people have better ideas on who to kill.

I still think it is better to let DT keep his dukely power as long as possible, since he is the only person we can all trust. I assume that at this point, had he not been Duke, the real duke would've offed him last night instead of lynching Neon or at the very least, there would've been a reveal by someone else.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:16 AM   #673
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I still think it is better to let DT keep his dukely power as long as possible, since he is the only person we can all trust. I assume that at this point, had he not been Duke, the real duke would've offed him last night instead of lynching Neon or at the very least, there would've been a reveal by someone else.

Re-read over the rules PB, the duke can change a LYNCH, its not a night kill. To prove call DT out the real duke would have to switch tonight's lynch onto DT.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 AM   #674
Telle
College Starter

Well for lack of a better candidate at this point, I'm leaning towards MrBug. He made his joking lupine comments early in the game.. and we've nailed people in the past on the premise of "hiding in plain sight". And then he's one of the people who voted for DT before the landslide on Neon happened.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #675
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

And how long do you think the wolves are going to let him live?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #676
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, after re-reading what RendeR pointed out, you guys are right on this. I didn't catch the particular word-choice as being lynch and assumed it meant any death situation for the duke. At least if he uses it now, he can shoot out somebody that he believes is a wolf.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #677
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
And how long do you think the wolves are going to let him live?

Well, to be honest, after using his ability he becomes another useless villager. So we should save it until we have some more definite wolf candidates.

With the defensive equipment available and the BG able to defend him every other day, he's got a good chance of surviving for quite awhile.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #678
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Yay Villagers! Sorry I wasn't around last night, I had to bake and frost 3 dozen cupcakes last night, and then I just crashed...doctor's appt this morning so I'm just now getting to work and catching up. I've read everything - I'm a little surprised that Barkeep was a villager, sorry we lost 2 last night.

I'm going to go back and reread everything when I get a chance - shouldn't be too long as we are super slow at work right now - and I'll put my 2 cents in when I'm done. I have a few suspicions right now, but want to make sure I'm totally caught up before I post anything further...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #679
molson
General Manager

Is it possible there's two goths? Would that be a conceivable purpose for a DT fake reveal?

Probably not. But looking at the voting yesterday, Mr. Bug looks the worst.

VOTE MR.BUG708
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #680
hoopsguy
General Manager

Couple of thoughts while catching up on posts:

Raiders - why do you have EagleFan listed as a person of trust today?

Anyone - what is the case towards Mr.Bug, excluding vote yesterday? I would expect the wolves to have absolutely voted for Neon after the results were in yesterday, most likely in the early/middle stages.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #681
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thoughts on the wolf night actions so far:
Night 1 - if Neon wasn't a starting wolf, then they were taking their shot at a seer. If he was a wolf, then it looks like they got blocked.

Night 2 - going after an outspoken, experienced player in Alan.

The question I'm asking myself is if there was anything else to targeting Alan at this point. He can be pretty relentless once he gets an idea in his head (for better or worse) - did he have a bead on someone yesterday that might have caused concern for the wolf team? I'll probably try to find time to review some posts with this in mind. Should be around today after all, as my client cancelled on me this morning.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #682
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Anyone - what is the case towards Mr.Bug, excluding vote yesterday? I would expect the wolves to have absolutely voted for Neon after the results were in yesterday, most likely in the early/middle stages.

Gah.. I'm sorry, I'm getting my "Mr"s mixed up. It was MrDNA that made jokes about possibly being a wolf.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #683
st.cronin
General Manager

I still think its important that DT save his ability. Suppose this happens: There is a late rush of votes to player x, 10 minutes to deadline player x says "I am the bodyguard." Now, DT may not be around, and if he is he may read the tea leaves wrong and duke when he shouldn't or not duke when he should, but still it would be nice to have some insurance in that situation.

I've pointed out a couple of things about Crim that concern me, but he's not my #1 suspect either. My cot is Render and DT at this point.

Raiders Army and Telle have been very, very quiet. Telle in particular has been much more quiet than she normally is. I understand the case against Mr. Bug, but I'm going to go in a different direction.

VOTE TELLE

Game after game the quiet wolf causes problems.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #684
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Raiders Army and Telle have been very, very quiet. Telle in particular has been much more quiet than she normally is. I understand the case against Mr. Bug, but I'm going to go in a different direction.

VOTE TELLE

Game after game the quiet wolf causes problems.

I've just been rather mentally fried lately and haven't been able to get into the game like usual. I even stopped taking notes when things got so crazy at the end of Day 1 because I just didn't have the mental ability to keep up.

Although since I haven't been that active I don't have much to defend myself with either. I was one of the first to vote for Neon_Chaos.. pretty much right after we found out that RPI-Fan was the seer.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:08 AM   #685
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'd like to hear opinions on EagleFan as well. The whole throwing out a vote based on a reaction, then leaving for the day, just doesn't sit too well with me. I guess I'd like to see more reasoning on it, and I understand if he can't be around. I see where he's coming from, as I'm grasping at straws a bit, but it still doesn't sit well.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #686
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Obviously DT is the seer and I would imagine that the body guard protected him last night. I think the shot on barkeep was a bad shot but people seemed to read him either totally good or totally bad. I guess tomorrow is a wait for the rest of the analysis before making the next pick

DT claims to be the duke, not the seer.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #687
molson
General Manager

Quote:

I think the wolves might split their vote at that point. Once the vote for Neon was guaranteed, the wolf goal becomes "hiding" their vote.

It's just weird to me that Eaglefan and Mr.Bug would both withdraw their votes once the landslide was on, and then sometime later, come back with a split vote - with Mr. Bug voting for the same person he had withdrawn his vote from earlier.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #688
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Well, to be honest, after using his ability he becomes another useless villager. So we should save it until we have some more definite wolf candidates.

With the defensive equipment available and the BG able to defend him every other day, he's got a good chance of surviving for quite awhile.

Not a useless villager -- one villager we have no doubt about. If he uses his power I doubt the wolves would have him as a priority and we could start to form some trust circles.

I'm also not as optimistic as you about him surviving without using his power. Remember, they apparently attacked Neon even though you'd have thought the BG would be there........so they have shown they're willing to make a bold move.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #689
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Wondering the same thing. I don't see anything wrong with Mr Bug right now.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #690
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Thoughts on the wolf night actions so far:
Night 1 - if Neon wasn't a starting wolf, then they were taking their shot at a seer. If he was a wolf, then it looks like they got blocked.

I really can't imagine Neon making the play he did if he was a starting wolf.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #691
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Anyone - what is the case towards Mr.Bug, excluding vote yesterday?

Well, we only have had 2 votes, so what else should we be looking at?

Who do you suspect that has a stronger case against him than how he voted?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #692
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Only problem with yesterday's vote is that the votes on DT were for the most part there so he would duke to Neon, so from that standpoint it was pretty much a landslide and hard to get a lot of benefit from. I agree that your points about Eaglefan and Mr.Bug have as much credence as anything else right now.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #693
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Mr. Bug is now on my list of suspects, although i was PRETTY sure barkeep was a wolf as well. The whole vote DT then unvote DT and then REVOTE DT after it was well decided NC was going just looks fishy to me........
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #694
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Not sure - I've been in more of a read-and-react mode as I haven't had as much free time during the days so far. Basically trying to rationalize where people have been going with their suspicions and see how much they resonate.

I'll start publishing a little more of my "distrust list" today, although I don't have a very large one at the moment. For better or worse, Neon has dominated much of the conversation over the last 1+ days.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #695
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Second thought on this - the placement of the end-of-day vote is an important data point, but hardly the only one. Earlier votes and areas of discussions in posts help tell a story around posters that doesn't always mesh with the final vote.

So I agree that saying "take this point out and then what" certainly limits the scope of the argument, but I don't think it makes it a fruitless exercise. As Path noted, the votes on DT weren't votes of confidence for Neon when DT says "I'm the duke, vote me and I'll lynch Neon". It was just taking an alternate path to the same end.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #696
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I understand why some people went after DT after he declared he was the duke, but what I don't understand is why after his target has been clearly defined as the target to go (NC) Mr.Bug would re-vote DT
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #697
hoopsguy
General Manager

Arlington, normally I would prefer letting the people being questioned answer directly but this has already been discussed in the thread a couple of times so I'll put it out there.

1.) If DT is the Duke, he won't die as a result of the vote
2.) If DT was "bluffing" at the Duke, he will die as a result of the vote
3.) If DT is the Duke, and demonstrates his ability, he moves from "trusted as a leap of faith" to "trusted as demonstrated good guy". That is a lot more certainty to possess about a player
4.) It is better, in theory, for the Duke to use his power before dying. There is no guarantee that the wolves, if they know who the Duke is, will let him live

Personally, if I feel like I've got a wolf in my sites I would rather go get the wolf than force the hand of the Duke. That is how I felt yesterday when I voted for Neon instead of indirectly voting for him by casting a vote for DT. Also, there was a possibility (probably pretty slight, but certainly out there) that DT could choose to go in another direction based on gut/whatever.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #698
st.cronin
General Manager

I entirely agree with hoopsguy's analysis of the DaddyTorgo situation. If somebody else is the duke, he/she will duke today's vote onto DT. Also, I said this yesterday but I really think the wolves would have been pushing to have DT waste his duke role. As long as he's alive and has the ability to change a lynch, there's a little bit of insurance for the village.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #699
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I don't see any reason not to trust DT as the duke. It's way too risky of a play to get everyone to vote for you, if you're not the duke. Just seems like a crazy play.

And I agree with hoops -- makes so much more sense to get NC than to vote DT and let him do it. But that doesn't mean I don't trust DT as a villager.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #700
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Just about normal, considering there's a possibility for the Wolves to convert someone.

Another reason to think Neon was the Goth. I'm sure that some people were considering the conversion on Day 1, but the person who is going to pay the most attention to it is the person hoping to be converted. Kind of like me as the Scout in the baseball game recently ...

I'm going through Day 1 votes to see if I can pick up any meaningful information from them. I think that is more likely than Day 2, where it was basically a done deal from the outset that Neon was going down.