Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Best NE-IND analysis I've seen

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/pla...ent=1&vmid=135

Also, check out the article on the Colts off-tackle draw and play-action off it - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/gue...ent=1&vmid=134

Last edited by BishopMVP : 01-15-2004 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Finally fixed the link. WYSIWYG messed me up.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

I guess football is more complex than I ever thought.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
Daimyo
College Starter

Footballoutsiders analysis has been great all through the playoffs. Really thankful to TMQ for introducing me to that site.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
There was a very good argument to be made that last week's Patriots-Titans game featured the two best teams in football. There is an equally good argument to be made that this week's Patriots-Colts game features the two best teams in football. Not to give the Eagles and Panthers any bulletin board material (like they care about our little website) but there is a pretty good chance this game is, like the NBA Western Conference Finals, the real championship.

right..... The Titans are not better than the Eagles. And really, I don't think the Patriots and the Colts are that much better either.

It's not even close to as bad as the NBA
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:00 AM   #5
Peregrine
Pro Starter

They have the NFC championship preview up on the site now, too. Interesting summary:

Quote:
On one hand, the numbers say that Philadelphia is the better team. On the other hand, the numbers have been going against Carolina all year, and they keep winning just to spite me. Not only that, but they have improved as the year has gone along, playing their best games over the past two weeks.

On one hand, Carolina would seem to be the right team to exploit Philadelphia's weaknesses for giving up sacks to the defense and lots of running yards to the offense. On the other hand, remember the Sports Guy rules. RULE NO. 1: Never, ever, EVER back a lousy QB on the road. Delhomme or McNabb, who would you rather have? RULE NO. 2: When in doubt, seek out the popular opinion and go the other way. So many people have hopped on the Carolina bandwagon over the past two weeks that the horse needs back surgery.

Both of this weekend's games are likely to be close and both could be won by either team. But, despite my best efforts not to pick against Carolina, I am going to introduce a new rule of my own: Andy Reid does not equal Mike Martz. For that reason, I give a slim advantage to Philadelphia.

Of course, since I picked them, and Sports Illustrated stuck them on the cover, I think the Eagles are pretty much guaranteed to lose.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:05 AM   #6
Easy Mac

Everyone I've heard on TV gives Carolina no chance, so I'm not sure how the popular opinion says they'll win. And Delhomme had more yards, TD's and a higher rating on less attempts, though more INT's. I'm not sure you could say he's a lousy QB w/o calling McNabb a lousy QB... unless you're scared of being labeled a racist.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 AM   #7
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

I thought it was proved in another thread that McNabb isn't overrated.

I'm a life-long Eagles fan and, as good as I think the team is, I wouldn't bet 5 dollars on the game. The Eagles have a good habit of choking in games like this, and if McNabb continues to throw passes at his WR's Nikes, they will be in for a long day.

Sunday will be a loooooooong day.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:35 AM   #8
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I think we can all agree as football fans, that it's awesome to have both championship games so closely matched. They definitely could go either way.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #9
Daimyo
College Starter

I definately don't think the AFC is a lock to win the Super Bowl, but I think its pretty clear that it was the better conference this year. I think one could probably make an argument that the 6 AFC playoff teams were the top 6 teams in the entire NFL this year. I wouldn't go that far, but I definately agree that the Pats, Titans, and Colts were pretty comfortably the top three teams in the league.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote