Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2004, 04:06 AM   #1
Axxon
Pro Starter

Those Harvard Thugs

It's actually a really interesting story but the one line that got me was this one.

Quote:
Colono's brother, Marcos, told reporters that the honor student who stabbed his baby brother was "nothing but a Harvard thug."

May be the only time you'll ever see the adjective Harvard being used with the word thug.

I'm going to link to two related articles though as they go in series on the site and offer a really good look at the issue.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/pring-...90304_ctv.html

http://www.courttv.com/trials/pring-...90304_ctv.html

The second link has the thug quote.

My thoughts.

1. This is why you really shouldn't make fun of drunk guys wearing flip flops and a rain slicker. It isn't worth it. It's hard to tell the crazies these days.

2. It's obvious that the victim didn't have a problem with fighting his killer so while he shouldn't have died, it's really hard to have a lot of sypathy. The fact is this was totally avoidable and yet the victim did nothing to avoid it. Had the thug not had a knife we'd likely be reading about a Harvard student savagely beaten. IMHO of course.

3. I don't buy one word of the killers "defense." Five stab wounds for vs a small welt against isn't defense and lying about what happened didn't help his case any.

4. I really like the victim's brother's quote in reply to the Harvard thug's family talking about how he can't possibly be guilty as he goes to Harvard.

Quote:
"Everyone's talking about Harvard and all of his accomplishments," the victim's brother, Marcos Colono, told reporters after the arraignment. "It's irrelevant because human nature will tell you smart people still do stupid things. He was walking around drunk, carrying a knife. He should have used better judgment. He didn't. He committed murder and he needs to pay for what he's done."

Very well said.

Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote