Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #301
The Jackal
Coordinator

And my vote for timmae right now is mildly half-hearted, but I was also kind of curious to see if it would spur any other movement. Bit early in the day for that, I guess.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #302
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Glen has checked in now but no sign of Raven still
Catching up a bit. This will be an odd day for me. I'll be around for a few hours, but then I'm hosting a gameday so will have limited involvement while folks are here.

Now I'll read on.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #303
Grover
Pro Starter

UNVOTE britrock

While I am still suspicious of him originally jumping on me because everyome jumped off of me on day one, I'm going to take the placeholder vote away for now.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #304
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
And my vote for timmae right now is mildly half-hearted, but I was also kind of curious to see if it would spur any other movement. Bit early in the day for that, I guess.

Nah, I was already the trendsetter, with my earlier comments generating two quick votes on Grover (neither of them mine).
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #305
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Cuh! fonti's changed the lingo round here with her unnatural Mafia- playing ways? It's wolf and village everybody, not scum and town!
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #306
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Cuh! fonti's changed the lingo round here with her unnatural Mafia- playing ways? It's wolf and village everybody, not scum and town!

Ha, I always do a quick double take with that as well.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #307
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Welp I'm not fantastically enamoured with my Brit vote at the moment but I'm not sure where else to go. I've got a bit over an hour to go but I won't leave my vote hanging by itself.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #308
path12
Coordinator

I don't love reading too much into day 1 votes but am looking at the last three on EF. And of those, the unvote of Grover/vote of EF right after I'd put Grover in the lead is the one that bothers me the most.

VOTE THE JACKAL

Not wedded to this and very well may change as the day progresses......especially since he's been helpful in the story background today.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #309
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

So by my reading of the thread I'm a bit torn.

I could see voting for Grover because if he's a bad guy we get some info.
Or
voting for The Jackal because EF thought it was a good idea and he was our seer, although he likely didn't have a chance to see anything.
My gut is to Britrock, but in my very limited WW experience, my wild ass hunches have amounted to zero.

I'm going to review the vote tracking once more and then I'll get officially on the voting board.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #310
timmae
College Starter

Ok, read back through from the start and here are my thoughts/reads (my notes to myself in parenthesis):

Slight Good – Chief Rum (asking game set questions, weird vote by default early (-), straight reads about gameplay (ef vote)), Path12 (some gameplay questions, good tone overall), Narc (reviewing ruleset and adding thoughts/feedback, hunting), Coffee (good tone, providing thoughts, reading ruleset)

Neutral – Vaimes (early votes both days on me without any explanation, no game reads or thoughts), Raven (no posts other than his arrival), Cheeki (active, trying to read into action/votes, ok tone), Glen (no posts other than his arrival today)

Slight Evil - Britrock (first vote on EF as meta, no other posts day 1), Grover (D1 meta vote, jackal voting pattern, not much content in posts, tone is off), Jackal (unvoted grover after Path added his vote to LL grover, (slight +) for insight into ruleset and gameplay), Zinto (active posts but odd end of day voting), Martin (vote to consolidate as a reasoning, no reads/thoughts)

vote grover

Need to hear more from vaimes, raven and glen though.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #311
Grover
Pro Starter

My tone is off? Hmm..

Old 04-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #312
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

On the game state, we're down a seer and Aes Sedai(brown Ajah).

I'm gathering that the warders are somewhat like body guards, possibly only for their sister. Also guessing that they would be somehow limited in their protection.

We've also lost a Tairen who was also a Tinker. I'm thinking that the Tinker and Way of the Leaf goal was an alternate path to winning for the Tinker.

What do we know about the items in play?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #313
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Also
VOTE The Jackal
Old 04-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #314
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I should also add that I was feeling good about throwing a vote to Cheekimonk because of some of the vote movements yesterday. But after looking back, I see the move to EF and sticking there as a push for a day 1 lynch, which I'm seeing as a good positive indicator
Old 04-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #315
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

This day looks like it might boil down to a Jackal-Grover showdown. I don't like either choice at the moment. I guess wolf-Jackal would post lots of book-related stuff to play friendly wolf but I'm not seeing much on either to warrant narrowing things down.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #316
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
This day looks like it might boil down to a Jackal-Grover showdown. I don't like either choice at the moment. I guess wolf-Jackal would post lots of book-related stuff to play friendly wolf but I'm not seeing much on either to warrant narrowing things down.

I have to agree with you on the second sentence.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #317
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I admit that I don't have anything to go on regarding jackal. Just a touch more willing to vote for jackal than Grover.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #318
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
voting for The Jackal because EF thought it was a good idea and he was our seer, although he likely didn't have a chance to see anything.

I'm to the point where I'm not buying this argument at all. If you want to vote for me because my move from Grover to EF doesn't look great, I get it. I can tell you that it was always my intention to move off Grover, and it sucks that it ended up being a seer who waited until the last minute of the day to reveal.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #319
The Jackal
Coordinator

That last post was more to indicate, if I do go down, look at the people who are using spurious reasoning to inflate a reasonable candidate based on vote history.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #320
The Jackal
Coordinator

Realizing that it could put me at risk, I'm happy to let you know that I'm an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. I'm here to ensure that the world does not end, either at the hands of the shadow or a dragon who has gone insane with power.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #321
Zinto
College Starter

I agree that we shouldn't be narrowed in on two at this point in the day so I will....
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #322
Zinto
College Starter

Vote Brit
Old 04-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #323
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Realizing that it could put me at risk, I'm happy to let you know that I'm an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. I'm here to ensure that the world does not end, either at the hands of the shadow or a dragon who has gone insane with power.

Interesting. Based on the books I had the Red pegged as the most likely to be the place for the black to hide but I doubt Autumn and Shoveler would make it that easy for us.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:43 PM   #324
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hrm...

UNVOTE THE JACKAL

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #325
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

EF was Aes Sedai, too. Not sure what that means, but interested to know the implications here.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #326
Zinto
College Starter

I don't necessarily think everyone should be jumping off Jackal because of his reveal. There is still a chance he is in the black ajah.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #327
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Isn't that a bit early for a reveal? Not that it would be particularly wolfy to reveal early. Then again my interpretation of the rules is that a reveal doesn't actually mean much, unfortunately - it's perfectly possible for you to be Red Ajah AND of the shadow, right?

Anyway Zinto has saved me having to move my vote so I shan't. Yay!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #328
Grover
Pro Starter

Anyone have a vote update?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #329
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't necessarily think everyone should be jumping off Jackal because of his reveal. There is still a chance he is in the black ajah.

Quote:
Then again my interpretation of the rules is that a reveal doesn't actually mean much, unfortunately - it's perfectly possible for you to be Red Ajah AND of the shadow, right?

Correct, for all you know I could be Black Ajah - but we don't know that that's in the game (although I've speculated it is, because it'd be fun and appropriate) - but I'm not. So, end of the day my reveal isn't anything earth shattering. Just wanted to be forthright, because I know my vote yesterday looks shitty.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #330
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Definitely a possibility. But for now, I'm content to jump off and re-assess.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #331
The Jackal
Coordinator

And if any of the Aes Sedai has the ability to scan for Black Ajah, which I kind of feel like is a real possibility, scan away!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #332
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

UNVOTE THE JACKAL
Old 04-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #333
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So, The Jackal, what powers do you have which would allow you to achieve your goal?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #334
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Maybe, but I can always go back later. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for now.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #335
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And if any of the Aes Sedai has the ability to scan for Black Ajah, which I kind of feel like is a real possibility, scan away!

I believe we might have lynched him yesterday.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #336
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

I feel like that scan might have been darkfriend specific (all Black Ajah are darkfriends, but not all darkfriends are Black Ajah), but you are probably right.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #337
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

Yeah none of the other Ajah role descriptions stand out to me as being a seer.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #338
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So, The Jackal, what powers do you have which would allow you to achieve your goal?

Not sure that needs to be answered - I don't see how that knowledge would benefit the side of light.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #339
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Channeling.

I don't have any specifically called out powers that will help combat the shadow, unfortunately.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #340
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

unvote Brit
Vote cheeki

Just as guilty of taking the easy route and hasn't explained like Brit did.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #341
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure that needs to be answered - I don't see how that knowledge would benefit the side of light.

The shadow should fear any Aes Sedai.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #342
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

There are 5 Aes Sedai characters in the game. Each has a different ability depending on their Ajah.

There is exactly 1 Forsaken in the game, and a number of Black Ajah and Darkfriends.

So if I read this right there is one each of the color Ajah's but multiple Black Ajah's? Or just some particular number but not necessarily multiple?

Does a Black Ajah have to be Aes Sedai?
Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #343
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It might help us determine if he is telling the truth or not, or he might be able to demonstrate one of these powers.

If he is not Shadow, he is likely dead anyway, unless he has some powers that make him hard to kill.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #344
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So if I read this right there is one each of the color Ajah's but multiple Black Ajah's? Or just some particular number but not necessarily multiple?

The Black Ajah wouldn't be separate - if it was in the game, one of the sisters in the regular Ajah's would also be Black Ajah. Essentially, appearing to be one of the Red/Blue etc, but truthfully serving the shadow behind the scenes.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #345
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
If he is not Shadow, he is likely dead anyway, unless he has some powers that make him hard to kill.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #346
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

I think a Black Ajah is an Aes Sedai who has chosen to follow the Shadow. They will have another "good" color as well, though. So being a Sedai of a particular color isn't necessarily proof they are not Shadow.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:05 PM   #347
The Jackal
Coordinator

I probably should have held off on the reveal because it puts a target on me, but hey, lynching me is a waste of time and I don't exactly see other strong candidates based on what little history we have. Wanted to get discussion going on others as early as I could.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #348
The Jackal
Coordinator

Plus, as you can see, nothing in my reveal would be earth shattering enough to convince a bunch of people to change close to deadline, if I ended up finding myself in that situation.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #349
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think a Black Ajah is an Aes Sedai who has chosen to follow the Shadow. They will have another "good" color as well, though. So being a Sedai of a particular color isn't necessarily proof they are not Shadow.

OK. So if that is the case if there isn't a counter to his Red Ajah claim that doesn't mean he can't be Black as well. That helps me, thanks.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #350
The Jackal
Coordinator

unvote timmae
vote cheeki