Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

NCAA 07: A New Career In Coaching

Third and four from the Florida State 41 yard line. There's 3:23 left in the 4th quarter of the ACC Title Game. FSU Senior QB Drew Weatherford rolls out to pass. From his MLB position North Carolina MLB Eddy Lincoln begins his pursuit of Weatherford, a defensive stop in this drive could all but secure North Carolina's dream season that would culiminate in it's first ever BCS birth.

Musberger: OHHH BABY HERE COMES LINCOLN!

Weatherford pivots and turns back running west. Lincoln keeps his control and continues the chase. Out of the corner of his eye is FSU True Freshman Tackle Tom Davis.

Musberger: Oh no! Tom Davis just went low on Lincoln and he's down in a heap on the field... And Weatherford hits Carter across the middle and he's on his way through the seam. TOUCHDOWN SEMINOLES!"

Lincoln is within an arms length of Weatherford when Davis goes low. The resulting snap is almost as haunting as what escapes Lincolns mouth..

"FUUCKKKKKKKKKK! MY FUCKING KNEE!"

Musberger: Folks, Eddy Lincoln, the Junior All American from North Carolina, catalyst for their miraculous run is down and he's writhing in pain. The trainers are on the field but this doesn't look good.

As Lincoln squirms around on the field in obvious anguish, the head trainer at UNC takes one look and turns white. Flagging over Tar Heel head coach John Bunting. Before finally passing out from pain Lincoln here's his diagnosis..

Trainer: "His knee is broke .. His career is over.."

With that Lincoln wakes up. He wishes it were all a dream, and in a way it is. The only problem is it still happened. As he gingerly touches his knee, the pain still evident even two years later, he sighs thinking what could've been. Before he lays his head back down, his phone begins to ring.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The resulting conversation leaves the 25 year old Eddy Lincoln flabergasted. Is this really happening? Pinching himself, he realizes this time it is more certainly not a dream. His football days were supposed to be behind him, so why is was he so quick to say yes? This wasn't a decision to be made in haste, and yes, he'd made it faster then his decision to stay in state and attend UNC. Would this be a good thing? Could he really come back?

Lincoln: What the fuck am I doing?

Then Lincoln glances over at his 2006 team photo on his wall. Standing in the center, right behind Coach Bunting is the beeming Eddy Lincoln. A top 10 pick going into the year, a broken down ex football player at the end of the year. All of a sudden Lincoln cracked a rare smile as he imagined the 2008 North Carolina team picture on his wall.. With Eddy Lincoln still prominently displayed in the center of the team.. This time .. as the coach.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The press conference two days later was equally shocking for the media and fans of UNC football. John Buntings health was on the decline and he couldn't handle being a D-I football coach any longer. He felt the team had become soft because of his inability to be the fire breather he had once been. No one one staff shared that passion or intensity, so he looked outside the box and found the player he'd bonded with and held in the most high regard, Eddy Lincoln. Bunting said Lincoln would be the kick in the ass UNC needed, and after Lincoln's comments, it became apparent he may be right.

Lincoln: When John called me up .. I was shocked at his offer. It didn't take any time though, I knew this is what I had to do. Coach Bunting told me what he wanted, and damnit, that's what I am. The days of UNC being a patsy, a bottom feeder for the ACC and other high D-I teams is over. We're no longer going to be a bunch of pussies..

Gasps from the crowd of reporters

.. Yeah, I know. It's not PC. So what? This is the attitude of this team now. We're going to run the ball down teams throats. You want to be a QB who puts up numbers? Go somewhere else. You want to be a QB who takes a beating, breaks some ribs, gets back up and gives the defense the finger? I want you in Chapel Hill. You have dreams of sacking a QB and crafting your sack dance? Fine. But if your real goal is to hit that QB so hard his teeth rattle and he becomes a candidate for post-concussion syndrome, then god damnit, we want you here.

We're going to run till we puke, and then we're going to hit till we bleed. This isn't your daddy's football. This is your daddy's daddy football, and much like Bear Bryant and Woody Hayes before me, UNC will not be about making football players, it'll be about making men.

Unfortunatley I don't have time for questions, I have a team to run.

Finally cozy in the office, a fifth of Jack is on the table next to a tin of Skoal. Glaring at the depth chart there's only one thought on my mind..

"What the fuck am I getting myself into?"
Old 08-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

OFFENSE - Backfield
Style: Option Run
Playbook: Option Run

Quarterback

Jason Henry (RS SO) - 78 OV/76 SP/59 AWR/85 THP/87 THA
Derrick Taylor (RS SO) - 80 OV/59 SP/74 AWR/87 THP/88 THA
Chris Madison (FR) - 68 OV/56 SP/62 AWR/87 THP/78 THA

ANALYSIS: Henry will be our #1 QB based on his speed. His throwing abilities will be severley limited by his awareness but we need a guy who can make as many plays as he can, and for now we have faith Henry is that man.

Running Back

Rian Ellis (RS SR) 84 OVR/88 SP/90 AGI/90 ACC/78 CAR/80 BTK
Micah Matthews (SO) 76 OV/93 SP/89 AGI/91 ACC/68 CAR/72 BTK
Ron Adams (RS JR) 68 OV/84 SP/80 AGI/88 ACC/70 CAR/72 BTK
Leon Shelton (FR) 68 OV/82 SP/76 AGI/86 ACC/68 CAR/74 BTK

ANALYSIS: We have a decent 1/2 punch in Ellis and Matthews. Ellis is a reliable workhorse who'll move North to South, while Matthews is a change of pace/3rd down back type guy who can break off a home run run and make some plays out of the backfield in the passing game. Should either get hurt we are very limited in our options.

* - Bold indicates Starter
** - Bolde/Underline indicates Impact Player

Last edited by DeToxRox : 08-05-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

NOTE - I'm jonesin for a game so I'll update the depth chart later but for now the schedule
Old 08-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2011 NORTH CAROLINA SCHEDULE

Week 1: Indiana - L 52-69
Week 2: @ Georgia Tech L - 21-31
Week 3: @ East Carolina W 55-27
Week 4: @ #23 North Carolina State W 30-7
Week 5: @ #3 Virgina Tech L 20-73
Week 6: @ Clemson L 27-31
Week 7: Notre Dame W 20-17
Week 8: Virginia
Week 9: #10 Miami
Week 10: #20 Wake Forest
Week 11: @ Temple
Week 12: Duke
Week 13: Open
Week 14: Open

ANALYSIS: Wow, not very balanced. We spend the first half of the year on the road, the second half at home. We're predicted to finish 7th in the ACC, 4th in the Coastal Divison. I think 7-5 is manageable with a bowl birth, but it'll take a lot coming together.

North Carolina OLB Max Jenkins is Pre-Season 1st Team All ACC
North Carolina OLB Matt McCargo is Pre-Season 2nd Team All ACC
North Carolina CB Marvin Everson is Pre-Season 2nd Team All ACC

Last edited by DeToxRox : 08-13-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:23 AM   #7
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I predict a high-octane, all-out offensive game against North Carolina.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Go to Hell, Carolina, go to Hell! (clap, clap)

Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Haha. I'll have this updated today at some time.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Are you really in 2011?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Are you really in 2011?

You give him too much credit. He simmed.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Are you really in 2011?

Yeah I am. I wanted to start a dynasty and when I was playing with Michigan I took on UNC in 2007 or 08 and they have a MLB Eddy Lincoln who was amazing. So I followed him and he got hurt vs FSU in the title game. So I decided to use him as the basis for a dynasty.

The first game did not go swimmingly .. I hope to update soon but it'll get done within the next day.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ah-ha! It's great so far, keep it up!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

What the fuck? This is outrageous. IU QB Buckley has thrown his 4th TD of the half, and we're now down 45-7? How does this happen? Fuck this game film. This is atrocious. Well wait, at least we have the second half. Hmm. We out score them 42-24 in the second half, but it's not enough as we lose 69-52. We couldn't defend a pass to save our life. Something was wrong all over the field at any given time. Hmm. What more can I do? Oh wait, I know. I can give them an ass chewing.

WEEK 1

IU 69
NC 52
Old 08-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

A sea of 20 somethings covered in blood and sweat are at my feet. Not one of them dare look away for fear of being singled out and torn apart. The rest of the coaches even stare at me intently, afraid to be called out as well. Finally I know this is my team. I may be 25 years old, but all these men respect me. That still won't stop the tirade.

Lincoln: GOD DAMNIT THAT WAS ATROCIOUS! We play one of the worst teams up north and we lose that way? We played their fucking back ups in the second half! THEIR BACKUPS! That was a slap in the face! And you know what? It ain't gettin' easier men. We have our first ACC game of the slate comin' up against Georgia Tech on their home turf. A loss is never excusable. A blow out loss is even worse! So now we have some payback to get to. I won't have this team be a laughing stock, and neither will you!"

Inside I'm smiling. JR ROLB Matt McCargo, a Team Captain, steps up with fire in his eyes.

McCargo: Last week wasn't Tarheel football. Last week was PUSSY FOOTBALL! We were scared. We didn't listen to coach. We didn't listen to anybody. We played like individuals. We DID NOT play like champions! This shit is nipped in the bud today. ARE YOU WITH ME?!"

Defensive unity. SR ROLB and Co-Captain Max Jenkins steps up. Behind him is senior MLB Mark Payne. Together they tell the team to get in the middle. From the middle of the pack is the loud voice of Offensive Captain SR HB Rian Ellis.

Ellis: WHAT ARE WE?

Team: FAMILY!

Ellis: I SAID WHAT ARE WE!?!?

Team: FAMILY!

ELLIS: LETS PULL THIS SHIT OUT!

The team begans dancing together in the middle of the field. I blow the whistle and make them run a few more sprints. We are a family. Maybe this can work.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting Georgia Tech

Tech is lead by All ACC 2nd Team MLB David Burnsides (91 OV) in the middle. Their D also features DE Chad Russell (88 OV) who has a motor that doesn't stop.

On offense they have duel threat JR QB Nick Rivers (89 OV, 80 SP) who is leathal running and throwing. Their other threat is 6'4", 201 lbs SR WR Tyler Akindona (89 OV, 93 SP) who has the size and speed to dominate.

It's obvious we'll run and control the tempo, but as far as defending Tech goes we'll have to run lots of spies and keep our LB's moving. We have to rely on our SR CB Marvin Everson (84 OV) to keep Akindoa locked down if we want any chance of winning.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

RECRUITING UPDATE

Before the game we begin recruiting Duel Threat QB Jeff Brashers (6'4", 200 lbs) of Bloomfield, MI hard. He runs a 4.65 forty with solid throwing power and accuracy. He is considered our #1 target and it's imparitive we do all we can to land him.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

After punting our first possession, Ga. Tech gets the ball at their 15. It takes a 40 yard bomb to Akindoa to get them to our 9, followed immediatley up with an Akindoa TD reception. He's already half way to 100 on one possesion. TECH 7-0.

Facing a 3rd and long on our next possession, John Henry scrambles out and hits HB Ellis for a 20 yard gain. We hand it off to him and he runs for 12 more to put us into Tech territory. The Rian Ellis show continues as he brushes off two tackles for 13 more yards. The run sets up the pass and Henry hits WR Woods and now we're 1st and goal from the 1. We get stuffed on the next two plays but finally Ellis runs it in. 7-7 Tie.

PI Call nets them 15. They continue to the air but CB Anderson makes the pick and returns it to the Tech 17!

We go three and out as Burnsides KILLS Henry on a QB Keeper. And to add to our woes we miss a chip shot FG. 7-7.

We battle but Tech runs their first run play of the game on a HB Draw and RB Coe goes 57 yards for a heartbreaking TD. TECH 14-7

3 and out again as Burnsides levels Ellis on a Speed Option. Punt is returned to Techs 40.

With 8 seconds left in the half Tech looks deep to WR Akindoa. We blitz ROLB McCargo who levels QB Rivers. Rivers is down with a hurt chest. Nigel Harrison a sophmore (76 OV) replaces him. He is pure pocket passer. His first completion is across the middle for 40 yards to our 8. We're chewed up on big passes.

End 1st quarter.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

8 yard TD pass to Akindoa to start the 2nd. TECH 21-7.

3 and out. Burnsides is Mr. Hit Stick.

Tech gets the ball back and QB Rivers is back. Oh joy. Same story. Akindoa 37 yards to our 7. TD to WR Lawson. TECH 28-7. My D literally has 4 players it seems like.

QB Jason Henry scampers for 21 yards to the 50. We're showing some signs of life. RB Rian Ellis follows up with 19 yards to Techs 31. We get 3rd and 13 and throw an incomplete. K Lane redeems himself from 50 yards out. TECH 28-10.

Akindoa caps off another long drive with Rivers carving our D up. This time it was from 4 yards out. With our 2nd best CB being a 68 OV we realize this year will be long if teams throw as much as Tech does. TECH 35-10.

Jason Henry throws a pick, and with our team in need of a comeback we give him the hook for Derrick Taylor (80 OV). He's a statue but he can throw.

We forced a 3 and out after deciding to storm Rivers every chance we got. The pressure works.

DE Russell welcomes Taylor to the game with a sack. The first for either team. The Tech D stays hot and again we're forced to punt. A bad punt leaves Tech at our 41.

The D continues bringing it. Jenkins strips Coe but Rivers recovers. Going for it on 4th down Rivers runs a QB draw for 6 and the first. Devestating. Coe breaks another big run, this time from 31 and it's a Tech TD. TECH 42-10. After 80 plus first half points allowed in two games, we're scratching our head.

Taylor hits WR Wilson at midfield. Ellis runs for 6. 51 seconds left, 2 TO. 4th and 4 from Techs 43, we decide why not go for it. Of course, turnover on downs.

Tech WR Lawson 49 yards on a flanker screen. TECH 49-10.

At this point we'll have 20 seconds.

We hit a bomb to Wilson. He racks off big YAC and we're to the Tech 14 with 1 TO left and 12 seconds.We settle for a 34 yard FG. TECH 49-13.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We start the 3rd holding them to 3 and out.

We run a PA on 2nd down to Woods and we're to midfield. Burnsides with a big sack on 2nd down. We go long and it's picked off.

27 yard TD pass to Morrs. Jenkins crushes Rivers but our saftey goes for the pick. Over shoots it and presto, TECH 56-13.

We put QB Jason Henry back in. 3rd and 1 is stuffed. So goes our game thus far.

We stop Tech. Shocking, I know.

Wilson makes a 3rd down catch. So hey no three and out. Burnsides breaks through an OT and FB and crushes Ellis on the screen. We punt. Yawn.

Akindoa across midfield. Well I'll be. Everson INT.

At this point I'm done documenting. It's a waste.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

It's Heisman yes but wow. That was awful. We were clearly outmanned but I need to fix my pass coverage.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #22
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
McCargo: Last week wasn't Tarheel football. Last week was DUKE FOOTBALL!

Fixed for you.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We lost bad to GT. I won't do game time results now, it gets hard and annoying. I'll get back to more story after our ECU game since I know I'll pwn them/
Old 08-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

North Carolina vs East Carolina
UNC 55 vs EC 27

STATS

Passing -

Jason Henry (NC) 11 for 21, 140 yds, 1 TD/2 INT

Rushing -

Rian Ellis (NC) - 15 for 195, 3 TD
Micah Matthews (NC) - 15 for 138, 1 TD
Jason Henry (NC) - 18 for 102, 1 TD

Receving -

Corey Wilson (NC) 2 for 60, 1 TD

Defense -

Max Jenkins (NC) 13 TKL, 7 TFL, 3 Sacks, 3 FF, 1 Defended (MVP)
Marvin Everson (NC) 8 TKL, 2 TFL, 1 INT, 1 Defended

Returns -

Corey Wilson (NC) 5 PR for 95 YD, 1 TD (73 yd)
Old 08-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm elated. My first win as a head coach. It felt just like my first win as a player. I'm proud of how these kids have bounced back. I can't let them know that though. I want them worried. I want them scared. I want them to know they haven't done anything yet, because it's true. If they really want to prove something it's this week, on the road against a team I truly hate, North Carolina State. This isn't going to be for the weak at heart, and I plan to convey that to them this week in practice.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

POP! Max Jenkins is a mad man out there. He reminds me a lot of myself. Rian Ellis gets up a little wobbly; he'll be okay. This practice has been something special. These kids are killing one another. I can't help but be satisfied at the violence.

Lincoln: Nice pop, Max. But the question is, why did Rian get up?

Jenkins looks at me confused.

Lincoln: BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T HIT HIM HARD ENOUGH!

Jenkins smiles and lines back up. Jered Lane our 3rd string tailback hops in to the scrimmage. He runs right at Jenkins and this time there is no denying it, Lane is down. Jenkins gets up wooping. I finally crack a smile.

Lincoln: TRAINER! Make sure he's okay. Max .. helluva' pop. Boys, bring it in!

The team gathers, Lincoln holds a ball in the air.

Lincoln: Boys - All I can say is what I feel. FUCK THE WOLFPACK!

Team: FUCK THE WOLFPACK!

Lincoln: I SAID FUCK THE WOLFPACK!

Lincoln: Saturday you can wipe the slate clean with me if you go into Raleigh and you beat those sons of bitches. So what are you going to do?

Lincoln: Now go run a mile and hit the showers, and remember. Satruday IT IS personal.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting #16 NC State (3-0)

Offense: West Coast
Defense: 4-3

NC States offense is lead by JR RB Joe Ingraham (92 OV, 95 SP). He was pre-season ACC 1st team, and he's as explosive as any back ih the nation. In front of him is perhaps the nations top OL. Lead by SR LT Clint Talor (95), the NC State OL features 5 guys over 300 lbs, and none rated lower then 89. Our weak DL makes me nervous that Ingraham will be all over us. We'll have to rely on our LB's to keep us in it.

Defensivley, SR DT Lawerence Carter (95 OV) anchors an equally impressive DL. Their strength however is like ours, at LB. SR Joe Hobbs (91 OV), SR Scott Mueller (91 OV) and JR Andrew Curtis (91 OV) supply constant pressure and great run support, which again hurts our game plan. Even their secondary is solid lead by SR FS Andrew Beckford (90 OV). For us to have a shot at moving the ball we'll have to keep time of possession and make plays on third downs. The latter of which has been a bane of our existence all year.

This has blowout written all over it, if it weren't for the fact it's a rivalry game, which means anything can happen.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I looked up at the scoreboard. 3..2..1.. I shoulda' known it was coming. AHHHHHH! GATORAIDE SHOWER! Dancing at midfield. This team is just that; A team. The crowd is booing. We're living it up. The biggest win in my career; playing or coaching. I don't know what to even say. This is unreal. As ABC interviews me post game only one thing escapes my mouth..

Lincoln: TARHEEL FOOTBALL IS ON THE WAY BACK!

With that I sprint as fast as my gimp knee will let me to the locker room for more celebrating.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looking around at all the bright eyes of kids who just went through war, I smile on the inside. Everyone gave it their all today, and it showed. We just dominated NC State, pure and simple, 30-7 on their home field. Everything clicked. It all came together. In my hand are two game balls. I take the first one and lob it to QB Jason Henry.

Lincoln: Jay, you showed me a lot today. You took cheap shot after cheap shot. Three times you came out, and three times you gutted it out. A knee sprain, neck stinger and mild concussion? You are a warrior, and you proved to be a leader today. Helluva' an effort kid.

The team claps to show respect for their QB. I motion for them to calm down and then I throw the next ball to MLB Mark Payne.

Lincoln: Mark -- You single handedly destroyed the top RB in the ACC. You were a monster on the field tonight. We needed you to step up and you did. It all starts in the middle and tonight you proved to be a fucking force. Excellent job!

The team all starts their chants and hollering. I let them have their moment. I walk into the coaches office and crack the biggest grin I can remember since my injury. Is this turning around?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

North Carolina 30
#16 NC State 7

STATS

Passing -

Jason Henry (NC) 7 for 14 for 111 yards, 1 TD/0 INT
Victor Stanback (NCSU) 12 for 30 for 138 yards, 0 TD/3 INT

Rushing -

Rian Ellis (NC) 28 for 100, 1 TD
Joe Ingraham (NCSU) 25 for 69, 0 TD

Receiving -

Rian Ellis (NC) 2 for 19, 1 TD
Corey Wilson (NC) 2 for 57

Joe Ingaham (NCSU) 3 for 27
Alan Cunningham (NCSU) 2 for 56

Defense -

Mark Payne (NC) 11 TKL, 6 TFL, 1 Sack
Matt McCargo (NC) 8 TKL, 1 INT, 1 FF
Max Jenkins (NC) 6 TKL, 1 TFL, 1 FF
Josh Bonner (NC) 4 TKL, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks
Marvin Everson (NC) 2 TKL, 1 INT, 1 TD

Scott Mueller (NCSU) 9 TKL, 5 TFL
Andrew Curtis (NCSU) 6 TKL, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
Old 08-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #31
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting #3 Virginia Tech (4-0)

Offense: Balanced

This is the sickest team I've ever seen ratings wise. It starts on offense where SR QB Dave Bradley (99) leads the attack. He is the pre-season 1st team all ACC QB, and well deserving. He has thrown for 900 yards and 12 TD/1 INT with a 78% completion rate. At RB is SR Danny Hal (96 OV)l. Hall through 4 games has 651 yards and 6 TD. JR FB Ryan Vinson (91 OV) is the best in the ACC. They also feature the best WR tandem in the Nation in SR's Jesse Alexander (94 OV) and Marvin Fitzpatrick (93 OV). They can do it all but mostly like to run. If we can stop the run, well, we'll still probably lose.

On defense, Va Tech is just as lethal. It starts up front with SR DT Jacob Hudson (96 OV) and JR DT Curtis Barry (88 OV). Outside them are SO DE Michael Pittman (89 OV) and JR DE Wesley Adkins (88 OV). They also feature deadly SR LOLB Blake Willis (98 OV). In the middle is SR MLB Eric Holley (98 OV). Their secondary is the best in all the land. Lead by SR CB's Barry Hall (95 OV) and Andrew Richardson (91 OV), SR FS Luke Jackson (95 OV) and JR SS Tim McCoy (92 OV) only allows just above 100 yards through the air a game. Add to that the entire D only allows 7 PPG and you can see our problem.

This team featurs 14 players 90 OV or better. We're hoping to run the ball, eat up clock, and bus it home with a huge upset win.

I doubt that.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #32
General Mike
Pro Starter

You sir, are fucked.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #33
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Looking around at all the bright eyes of kids who just went through war, I smile on the inside. Everyone gave it their all today, and it showed. We just dominated NC State, pure and simple, 30-7 on their home field. Everything clicked. It all came together. In my hand are two game balls. I take the first one and lob it to QB Jason Henry.

Lincoln: Jay, you showed me a lot today. You took cheap shot after cheap shot. Three times you came out, and three times you gutted it out. A knee sprain, neck stinger and mild concussion? You are a warrior, and you proved to be a leader today. Helluva' an effort kid.

The team claps to show respect for their QB. I motion for them to calm down and then I throw the next ball to MLB Mark Payne.

Lincoln: Mark -- You single handedly destroyed the top RB in the ACC. You were a monster on the field tonight. We needed you to step up and you did. It all starts in the middle and tonight you proved to be a fucking force. Excellent job!

The team all starts their chants and hollering. I let them have their moment. I walk into the coaches office and crack the biggest grin I can remember since my injury. Is this turning around?

Sadly, this happens all too often in our series. State's generally had the superior team the last several years, but we haven't won since 2003. This is not a shock at all.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #34
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I look around at the team at a loss. Sure Va Tech had us at every position, and sure we never did quit. But god damn did we get lit up. 73-20? Ugh. I need to make a point. I spot QB Jason Henry, who was victimized for 6 INT. I motion for him to get up.

Lincoln: Now Jason, turn around so everyone can see your back.

A befuddled Henry turns around, obviously confused.'

Lincoln: See the back of his jersey? It's filled with dirt and grass stains. And do you kno why? He was on his fucking back all day long. Yeah he threw 6 picks, but picks aren't always the QB's fault. That was atrocious today boys. We all need to look ourselves in the mirror after that one. That's all I got.

Walking out of the room I toss over a table filled with drinks. I hope I made my point. As the door closes I can hear Max Jenkins scream at the team. The words aren't important, only the intensity of which he speaks is. I hope this fucking team can show me something next week.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #35
DeToxRox
Head Coach

North Carolina 20
#3 Virginia Tech 73

STATS

Passing -

Jason Henry (NC) 6 for 23 for 222 yards, 2 TD/6 INT

Dave Bradley (VT) 14 for 20 for 220 yards, 2 TD/0 INT
Cole Mann (VT) 4 for 4 for 98 yards, 2 TD/0 INT

Rushing -

Rian Ellis (NC) 19 for 62

Danny Hall (VT) 22 for 21, 4 TD

Receiving -

Corey Wilson (NC) 5 for 261, 2 TD

Jesse Alexander (VT) 3 for 122, 1 TD

Defense -

Mark Payne (NC) 7 TKL, 2 TFL
Matt McCargo (NC) 7 TKL

Eric Holley (VT) 5 TKL, 2 TFL, 1 INT, 1 TD
Victor Williams (VT) 5 TKL, 1 INT, 1 TD
Old 08-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #36
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting Clemson (2-3)

Offense: Spread

Clemson has two awesome QB's in Pre-season ACC 2nd Teamer SR Bruce Pope (95 OV) and JR Obi Smith (91). Smith however is suspended for 3 games so he is of no use to us. RB Shannon Butler (85) OV is a little better version of our own Rian Ellis. They have one excellent WR in JR Matt Alexander (92 OV). Their OL is ok, but again, nothing great. This is the first offense we match up pretty decently with. We'll need big things from our big three at LB though to do any damage.

On defense, the Tigers DL has two solid players in JR DE Kyle Wilson (89 OV) and SR DT Brian Jackson (86 OV). We've faced much superior DT's the last two weeks and done okay vs them, so Jackson isn't as much a concern. SR MLB Lamar Craig (94 OV) is another great ACC MLB. He makes their stops. If we can keep away from him we should be able to run well. Their secondary is very average at best. Another good match up for us if we can execute the play action.

An added bonus is that this game on ESPN Thursday Night Football. The crowd at Death Valley should be nuts, but if we can run the ball we can take them out of it.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Will a nostalgia speech work? I often hate harping on the old, but this is a different matter. These kids remember high school. They rememeber playing under the lights. I am hoping to strike a chord with 'em.

Lincoln: Remember high school? I know you do. It hasn't been that long ago, and I know you kids haven't drank enough yet to suffer any temporary amnesia.

I hear laughter but I know it's true. I spit some tobacco out, and pause to regain their attention. All it takes is one stern look.

Lincoln: We're on a short week, men. So forget what happened Saturday and remember what is coming up Thursday. We're it. We're on National TV. We're all anybody will be watching. It's us and Clemson. If we play like we did Saturday no one in their right minds will want to come play here, or come to our games. And we can't afford that. This is a war. It's that simple. If you don't treat it as such, I don't want you on MY FIELD. Am I understood?

Team: YES SIR!

Lincoln: Good. Now go get some rest. And remember you guys have a lot of pride to gain back.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #38
DeToxRox
Head Coach

North Carolina 27
Clemson 31

Forgot to get stats before closing out but it was awful. We give up two touchdowns with under three minutes left and lose a heartbreaker. Nothing more to be noted beyond it blew.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:09 PM   #39
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting #16 Notre Dame (5-1)

Offensivley the Irish rely on RS SO QB Shane McKinney (88 OV) to lead them down the field. He is a solid QB, with the makings of a potential first round pick if he continues to develope. RS SR RB Corey Rouse is a solid runner but nothing spectacular. The real threats on offense are RS JR WR Ryan Lynch (93 OV) and JR WR Travis Hart (90 OV). Both have solid size and hands and are threats every time they touch the ball. Our weak secondary is in trouble yet again.

Defensivley we catch a break as SR DE Paul Pratt (99 OV) is out. Still they have plenty of depth, as JR DE Reggie Bellamy (91 OV) is a suitable replacement for Pratt. Their front seven is decent beyond the DE's, but their stregnth is at safetey in JR FS Tony Docerky (92 OV) and JR SS Dominic Neal (94 OV). They'll be crucial to stopping our running game but we feel we can make some ground up on that front seven.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #40
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I watch this one play out like a proud father. I might only be a few years older then these kids but I'm so fucking proud. My favorite moments are stuff like this. YES! The students have finally torn down a goalpost! The players and students are at midfield in one big pile. This is a win that can turn our season around. No one knows for sure if it will but for right now I'm perfectly content to just watch this celebration. What a fucking win. Charlie Weis said I have something special potentailly building here. Whata' compliment.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #41
DeToxRox
Head Coach

North Carolina 20
#16 Notre Dame 17

STATS

Passing -

Jason Henry (NC) 6 for 16 for 116 yards, 2 TD/3 INT

Shane McKinney (ND) 17 for 50 for 215 yards, 1 TD/5 INT

Rushing -

Rian Ellis (NC) 29 for 140

Corey Rouse (ND) 15 for 75, 1 TD

Recieving -

Corey Wilson (NC) 2 for 88, 2 TD

Travis Hart (ND) 4 fo r62, 1 TD

Defense -

Matt McCargo (NC) 9 TKL, 1 TFL, 1 Pass Defended, 1 FF
Max Jenkins (NC) 7 TKL, 3 TKL, 1 Sack, 1 INT, 3 Passes Defended
Mark Paynes (NC) 3 TKL, 3 Passes Defended
Marvin Everson (NC) 1 TKL, 3 INT, 1 Pass Defended

Tony Dockery (ND) 8 TKL, 1 TFL, 1 Sack
Dominic Neal (ND) 5 TKL, 2 TFL, 2 INT
Old 08-13-2006, 09:17 PM   #42
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting Virgina (6-0)

Offense: West Coast
Defense: 3-4

UVA is the biggest insult to undefeated teams as it gets. The teams they've played combine for a 35-39 record. They aren't too great, and in fact have no 90 overalls on their team.

Offensivley SR QB Carnell Gibson (88 OV) is accurate and spreads it out. RS SR RB Quinton Vogelpohl (85 OV) leads a decent running attack but he benefits from playing against inferior lines. Our LB's should be able to contain him. Their best pass threat is the hulking RS SR WR Lamar Martin (88 OV). At 6'3", 243 lbs he is a truck with speed (93 SP). A decent trifecta of talent but nothing I'm fretting over.

Defensivley, JR FS Kevin Cantrll (85 OV) is their best rated player. Hell even we have more talent then that. We should be able to once again control the clock and move the sticks. If we don't it's going to prove lady luck does exist and is currently living with Al Grogh.

I feel confident the Tar Heels will win this one and improve to 4-4 on the season.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:43 PM   #43
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We have a new found sense of optimisim after another hard fought victory. We're playing good football, we just need to keep it going. I have the team assemble after the game and instead of a normal post game talk I just want to do something I hardly ever do; acknowledge personal accomplishment. I ask tri-captain HB Rian Ellis to make his way up to me.

Lincoln: Ellis -- Helluva' game. Best one I've ever seen you have. And that run? Sportscenter wants to make it their top play of the week. Berman will be goin' nuts!

I see Ellis grin. My next question surely catches him off guard.

Lincoln: Now hand me your jersey and helmet.

He looks dumbstruck, but soon he obliges.

Lincoln: The college football Hall of Fame asked me for this as a means of remembering your new NCAA record of 96 yards from scrimmage TD run. Helluva' job son!

The team eats it up. Ellis is all smiles. I trade him a gameball for the jersey and helmet and I leave the room. I'm proud of this team, but there's still so much left we need to accomplish.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #44
DeToxRox
Head Coach

North Carolina 38
Virgina 31

STATS

Passing -

Jason Henry (NC) 4 of 10 for 84 yards, 1 TD/0 INT

Carnell Gibson (UVA) 21 for 39 for 399 yards, 4 TD/1 INT

Rushing -

Rian Ellis (NC) 20 for 184, 1 TD
Micah Matthews (NC) 13 for 59

Quinton Vogelpohl (UVA) 12 for 31

Reciving -

Marcus Jones (NC) 2 for 68

Lamar Martin (UVA) 5 for 164, 2 TD

Defense -

Max Jenkins (NC) - 10 TKL, 4 TFL, 1 Sack,
Matt McCargo (NC) 7 TKL, 3 Passes Defended, 1 FF
Marvin Everson (NC) 2 TKL, 1 TFL, 1 INT, 1 Pass Defended

Mike Anderson (UVA) 8 TKL
Chad Wilson (UVA) 7 TKL, 3 TFL, 1 Sack
Matt Tyler (UVA) 6 TKL, 1 TFL, 1 Sack
Old 08-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #45
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting #15 Miami (6-2)

Offensivley the 'Canes are lead by RS SR QB Tom Cumbie (89 OV). He's a solid passer with some decent wheels which means we'll have to be ready for him to scramble. True SO RB Derek Howard (84 OV) is already over 1000 yards on the season. It's more in part to the line/system but he can run, no doubt about it. SR WR Ryan Godfrey (91 OV) won't burn you deep but he'll catch everything thrown his way. Their OL is stacked. True Sophmore LT Derrick Copeland (91 OV) is built like a C in basketball, standing 6'10" but only weighing 279 lbs. The true strength of their line is in the middle where SR's Caleb Beato (98 OV) and Oliver Bell (95 OV) provide the best guard combo in America. SR C Chris Allen (97 OV) completes a vicious OL.

Defensivley SR DT Marcus Thomas (92 OV) is a horse. He controls the middle and lets the rest of their front seven roam to make plays. RS JR CB Shannon Clark (90 OV) is a shutdown corner you don't want to throw to but we'll test our luck if need be. JR FS Chris Griffin (90 OV) is the only other threat on their D, but he's a good threat. It'll be a good match up for us.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #46
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I don't bother with a post game discussion. I just go into the office and take a swig out of my flask. We were abused. 8 turnovers? And worst off we were abused when it came to time of possession. It was a mess out there today, pure and simple. The better team won, sure. Yet we didn't even give them a game, and that's what pisses me off most.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #47
DeToxRox
Head Coach

North Carolina 10
Miami 51

Clicked out before stats so I just gave MVP's:

Miami WR Downing: 4 for 155, 3 TD

NC LB Max Jenkins: 8 TKL, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks, 3 FF
Old 08-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #48
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting #20 Wake Forest (6-1)

Defense: 3-3-5

Offensivley Wake relies on RS JR RB George Sanders (91 OV) as well as RS JR RB Jake Green (88 OV). Wake is a team that loves to run so we expect to see both guys get their share of carries. At WR is 1st Team All ACC SR Clint Rackley (91 OV). Not overly fast but great hands, makes big catches when needed. Wake has a solid OL but nothing that compares to Miami's.

Defensivley the two bookends on the line, SR DE Jason Thomas (94 OV) and RS JR DE Williams Lemon (87 OV) provide a solid edge rush. JR OLB Ben Gilliam (88 OV) is a quick backer who makes plays in the backfield. JR CB Marcus Bryant (88 OV) is another solid ACC defensive back with solid size and speed. JR FS Chester Lupo (91 OV) is a main concern on D as he has 11 career picks. Playing the 3-3-5 we hope we can take advantage of their relative lack of secondary depth.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #49
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Recruiting News

This game has added significance as the only two players left we're targeting are both in attendance. CB Brian Lindsey (#2 DB) out of Fredricksburg, VA and QB Jeff Brashers (#4 QB) out of West Bloomfield, MI will be in Chapel Hill watching us duke it out. Both have us as their favorites but we could lose both with a bad showing. We desperatley need Lindsey as our secondary next year is downright atrocious with the loss of Everson. We hope this pressure gives our team an extra gear.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #50
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I sigh. I hate ruining a great feeling, but alas I have to. I was just in the trainers room where QB Jason Henry was in his dress clothes with a big frown. The normally upbeat kid was definetly going to be missing an extended amount of time. His right elbow was in a sling. I know it wasn't good. The diagnosis: Dislocated Elbow, he'll be out 11 weeks. I sigh again, and then take out a pinch of Skoal. Time to break the news. Entering the party atmosphere in the locker the team only has to see my face to know somethings wrong. Immediatley everyone hushes.

Lincoln: Bad news boys -- Jay is gonna' be out for three months, which means he might make it back if we make a bowl game. I want you to think about that for these last two games. If we win 'em, we're gonna be bowling. If we don't, we're not, and Jay has to wait until next year. But we got an ace in Derrick Taylor in at the helm now. He is a proven winner and he can throw the rock. He may not have them wheels of Jay but he has a cannon. Things will change some on offense but we're not gonna let this break our spirits are we?!

The team begans screaming HELL NO!

Lincoln: Good! Now let's win these two games and go to a fucking bowl!