Hall Of Famer

Night all

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #552
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Labor

I thought the deadline was Monday So I didnt bother checking in before I went to work

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #553
Danny
Head Coach

I dont think I have seen pics of Autumn, so it could be a female.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #554
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all

Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #555
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Questfall
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #556
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote Questfall

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #557
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hehehehe love that word.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #558
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Bury (3/3) - CrimsonFox; Britrock; JAG
Carpentry (5/5) - Simbo; saldana; Coffee; Boo; font
Labor (5/5) - mauchow; ntndeacon; Danny; zinto; Darth
Healing (6/6) - ChiefRum; tyketime; GoldenEagle
Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #559
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote questfall?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #560
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
For the record...

I count votes cast or actions submitted in thread at the deadline as past the deadline, so you must be at the 0:59 mark or earlier to count.

I will accept nightfall votes for lynches only, and themn it must be unanimous and i must get a pm from the Cultists letting me know that they are in accord as well.

RTT?

Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #561
Autumn
Head Coach

You guys are in trouble. I'll save a seat next to you in my cell.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #562
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry, I forgot the 'only lynches' part there. Not that I seriously thought we'd get 16 to do it prior to the deadline anyway.

So since we'll be here a while, would it make sense to have Danny switch with Britrock or I so that we have a doctor on burial duty? My thought being that maybe observing the dead they can find something out about the attackers that a person without medical knowledge would miss.

Might not work, as in the first quest we did not see player class come into play, but on the second quest it may have had an impact in finding the book we did (might have just been flavor that we were partly successful or maybe we really did need an antiquarian on inside duty to find it).
Old 01-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #563
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

doing birthday things today so will be gone most of the day. lynch me if you want. I haven't join that club yet.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #564
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Bump?

Well, not needed, but surprised to not have any posts since yesterday morning. Let's get us some quest work done here.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #565
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Deadline is two hours fro mnow

Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #566
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry, was lifting weights in the prison gym.

Looks like we've got everything covered, that's good.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #567
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Processing time

Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #568
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After the attack by these creatures, the damage is massive. You have to put in a day's work across Thurmond to get things relatively back into order.

Some of you bury the dead, and that is a sad task. Others work on the living, creating splints for broken bones, canes to help people walk, and bandaging and cauterizing various wounds. One person was missing their right hand and you had to plunge it into a fire to keep them alive.

The rest of you move rocks that were swept in, rebuilt fences, doors and repaired a few canoes, plus some minor damage to the tracks.

As the day passes, you have finished yours various tasks, and Thurmond, such as she is, is back together again.

Day Three Quest - Complete. Day Three Lynch is at 10 pm EST

Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #569
Autumn
Head Coach

Nice work guys.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #570
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Abe, questions about Convalescence:

1. When does the healing take place? (same day after lynch deadline? Following day sometime?)
2. Is a person automatically released when fully healed? Is it possible to pull someone out after being partially healed?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #571
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Lynch-wise, we know we have at least one Cultist out there and possibly more (barring a lot of bad rolls, probably not more than 2-3), but to this point we haven't succeeded with any quests or anything that would give us a hint as to who they might be. I guess I still see lynching as a low probability move that's more likely to kill someone that could help us than getting rid of a Cultist so I will stick to No Lynch for now.

Vote No Lynch
Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #572
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Abe, questions about Convalescence:

1. When does the healing take place? (same day after lynch deadline? Following day sometime?)
2. Is a person automatically released when fully healed? Is it possible to pull someone out after being partially healed?

The "end of each day" means the end of each full day, so the end of Day Three, at 1am after all night actions are processed. Good question.

Yes they come out once healed.

Looks like I forgot to mention that each Doctor may only have one person in Convalescence. So on Day X, a Doctor can add someone, but if on Day X+1, that person is still in, the Doctor may not heal someone else.

And they may not leave Convalescence until fully healed - no early release.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #573
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, maybe I already glazed over this, but how do we know we have a Cultist already? I agree with your reasoning that it is likely by now, but we know there are "Cultist forces" that aren't one of us, so if you're saying we have a Cultist from the attack, I'm not sure that's not just those outside forces.

I was sort of out of it on Friday, and wasn't in work, so maybe I missed it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #574
Autumn
Head Coach

JAG is assuming that the sheriff who jailed me must be a cultist, since that cut down on our work force and prevented me from healing anyone.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #575
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
JAG is assuming that the sheriff who jailed me must be a cultist, since that cut down on our work force and prevented me from healing anyone.

Ah ha... well, I'm not so ready to make that presumption. It might be the Sheriff has more information than we do, and acted on it. Fact is, we just don't know. IMO, JAG is making a jump that I think presumes too much at this point.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #576
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
However, 25% of people in the game are privately in the employ of the C&O railroad, and you cannot incarcerate them at all. If you try to do so, then you will get a pm back saying it failed because you checked the latest payroll documents first, and they were added and you can’t imprison them.

Though I haven't got the foggiest idea what the significance of being in the employ of C&O is, the Sheriff tossing random people in jail to try and learn who's in C&O's pocket would make sense.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #577
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote No Lynch
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #578
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ah ha... well, I'm not so ready to make that presumption. It might be the Sheriff has more information than we do, and acted on it. Fact is, we just don't know. IMO, JAG is making a jump that I think presumes too much at this point.

Fair enough, I stated my comment more as fact rather than what I believe. I went with what I consider the most obvious explanation for Autumn's jailing. It might be wrong, but that's what I'm choosing to believe until I see something more likely. By the way, if we assume the Sheriff is a villager and that the Sheriff knows that Autumn is a Cultist (why they chose to lock him up), I would hope they would reveal that information.

I would request a doctor stick me in Convalescence for the evening. I'm at 3/6 hps currently so I would rather not risk getting an unlucky hit and dying and I'll be at full health for tomorrow (barring Cultist shenanigans). I believe CF requested it as well since he's at 5/10.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #579
Danny
Head Coach

vote no lynch
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #580
fontisian
College Prospect

vote no lynch
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #581
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am sorry. but I disagree with this idea of no lynch. we are falling into the cultists hands by continuing to not lynch. First days are always a crap shoot. We need to have that day. We need to see where people are voting. We need to root out those we can.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #582
Zinto
College Starter

I agree that for now it is best to vote no lynch since more than likely we will hit a villager.

Vote No Lynch
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #583
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I am sorry. but I disagree with this idea of no lynch. we are falling into the cultists hands by continuing to not lynch. First days are always a crap shoot. We need to have that day. We need to see where people are voting. We need to root out those we can.

The only problem is that there is not likely more then two cultist currently and since new cultist can come in everyday it is going to be hard to point at a day like today and find a ton of meaning in the vote.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #584
Zinto
College Starter

Also, we need to keep our villagers alive the best we can, so that we can complete our quests everyday.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #585
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

someone want to heal me?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #586
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

My problem Zinto is that the no lynch philosophy is eventually a defeatist philosophy. How many days do we go without lynching? When do we know that we need to start? Will then be too late? I do not yet know for whom Iam voting, but I know it will be someone other than Mr No Lynch.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #587
fontisian
College Prospect

Rescind vote
Let's have a full discussion on this before we make a decision.

I think we should not lynch at this for point for three reasons:

1. We have no way to know how many cultists there are, if there are any at all. We can only calculate probabilities. The sheriff placing Autumn in jail is not sufficient evidence that he is a cultist, to me.

2.This isn't a game where the cultists win by outnumbering us. It requires us to gather information, an action that will be significantly harmed if we start killing off townies.

3. The normal method of looking at voting patterns for connections between people won't work here, since the cultists are not in contact with each other.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #588
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You're assuming normal WW rules though ntn. The rules say the Cultists don't know each other, so we're not going to learn the usual information from lynches as we would in a game where there are 3-4 wolves working together. We also started with zero and might not even have any now (though it's likely we have at least one). Lastly, in a normal game we don't lose anything major from lynching a vanilla villager or two, whereas in this game everyone has something they can contribute from their class, to say nothing of potential hidden roles.

At some point we will probably need to change up the no lynch strategy, but I don't think we're at that point.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #589
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

can a doctor put someone in healing and then have ANOTHER doctor put HIM into healing and have it all work?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #590
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
My problem Zinto is that the no lynch philosophy is eventually a defeatist philosophy. How many days do we go without lynching? When do we know that we need to start? Will then be too late? I do not yet know for whom Iam voting, but I know it will be someone other than Mr No Lynch.

The reason people usually vote for someone day one is to get voting history as the wolves won't be voting for each other much. But that doesn't apply here as none of the cultists can PM each other. Since we started with no cultists it is a very slim chance that we have any and a sillmer chance that we find that maybe 1 cultist. That's why people don't want to lynch/ I think after 3 days we definitely will have a good number of cultists to choose from.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #591
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

anyone else want to say the same thing?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #592
fontisian
College Prospect

I could rephrase it and say it again.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #593
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

actually the fact that Autumn is a doctor makes me definitely think there is a cultist here.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #594
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Danny, heal me or else I'm voting for you!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #595
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so conv deadline is the night deadline? is that what i heard?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #596
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
actually the fact that Autumn is a doctor makes me definitely think there is a cultist here.
You mean that the sheriff is a cultist? I think the rules says that the sheriff picks a target during the night, so they would have picked Autumn before people were attacked last night.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #597
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yeah but getting rid of a doctor is a good pick.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #598
fontisian
College Prospect

Maybe. But the sheriff had no idea what abilities would be important today and every class has it's advantages.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #599
fontisian
College Prospect

*its. The grammatical error is making me twitch.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #600
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

One other point of how this is different than a normal WW game is that we don't win the game by lynching every Cultist that's out there. We win by figuring out what's going on and coming up with a plan to solve the problem. I'm sure getting rid of Cultists helps with that, but on the other hand we're a lot more likely to just lynch a villager and that hurts us more than a normal game. I'm hopeful later on we'll have some information (from quests perhaps) that will help us make a better lynch guess than we would if we tried today, or at the very least later on there will be a higher chance of hitting a Cultist just because their numbers will be increasing.