Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #801
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - this Dallas defense is for real though. Doing a job on an unstoppable offense despite all the drive extending flags.

And they they don’t call the most blatant leading with the crown of the helmet I have ever seen that potentially just hurt one of the more dynamic offensive players in the game. Fuck knows, I’m out.

Last edited by bhlloy : 11-29-2018 at 09:45 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #802
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

TMZ has video of Kareem Hunt assaulting and kicking a woman at a hotel.

Apparently, this happened in February, and everyone knew about it, and no one cared.

Now that there's a video, I imagine we'll see the Ray Rice treatment and the NFL will act shocked that it happened and go nuclear on him.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #803
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
TMZ has video of Kareem Hunt assaulting and kicking a woman at a hotel.

Apparently, this happened in February, and everyone knew about it, and no one cared.

Now that there's a video, I imagine we'll see the Ray Rice treatment and the NFL will act shocked that it happened and go nuclear on him.

Good. Don't understand why there is even a second chance for hitting women.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #804
molson
General Manager

The NFL claims (falsely or otherwise), that they didn't know of the existence of a hotel surveillance video again......

In a vacuum, it's not quite as bad as Rice, or even Winston. But if Hunt lied about what he did, or the Chiefs and the NFL misled or lied about what Hunt told them, then - fasten your seatbelts I guess.

Meanwhile, uh, check if Spencer Ware is available in your fantasy leagues.....

Last edited by molson : 11-30-2018 at 02:58 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #805
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
The NFL claims (falsely or otherwise), that they didn't know of the existence of a hotel surveillance video again......

In a vacuum, it's not quite as bad as Rice, or even Winston. But if Hunt lied about what he did, or the Chiefs and the NFL misled or lied about what Hunt told them, then - fasten your seatbelts I guess.

Meanwhile, uh, check if Spencer Ware is available in your fantasy leagues.....

Yeah I'm no fan of the NFL front office but this one seems to be Cleveland police and the Chiefs fuck up for than them.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #806
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Good. Don't understand why there is even a second chance for hitting women.
He can just ask Tyreek Hill how to get people to gloss over it.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:48 PM   #807
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
One of Hunt’s former college teammates told police the accuser went crazy after they were told to leave — and “began calling him and Hunt the N-word and specifically she stated, ‘F*ck you n*gger. You Ain’t sh*t.”

Ottinger’s friend said she tried to tell Ottinger that they should leave, but Ottinger “really wanted to stay” and became “very dramatic” and “very upbeat” once they were kicked out, the report says.

Hunt’s friend said the women stayed out in the hallway for about 30 minutes as Ottinger continued to yell and pound on the apartment door, the report says.

While I don't have a tolerance for domestic violence, I think the circumstances of this incident are completely different from anything like Ray Rice. From what I understand, Hunt and this female had just met that night. There were some incidents that precipitated the video (including the "victim" allegedly assaulting Hunt's girlfriend when she went out in the hall to try and get them to leave) and I would say the girl was arguably the initial aggressor, particularly considering the incident against his girlfriend, despite Hunt being the one who first physically pushed her.

I think the league will come down hard on him though, particularly seeing as it is a black male involved in a physical altercation with a white female. Personally however, I only think it's worth a game or two.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:04 PM   #808
JPhillips
General Manager

He kicked her while she was kneeling on the floor.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #809
molson
General Manager

It doesn't fit under the 6-game guideline thing because it's not a domestic, and there was no criminal charge (that provision covers charged felony batteries, and domestic batteries and sexual batteries whether there was a charge or not.)

I think he'll sit Sunday as this is being reviewed, and then he'll be back the next Sunday or the Sunday after that with credit for time served

Otherwise they're going to have another lawsuit/union grievance if they decided not to suspend Hunt back in the spring and now they changed their mind because of media pressure.

Unless the NFL wants to claim that they never saw the video, which I doubt they'd want to claim/admit after they assured everybody that THAT wouldn't happen again....

It's a borderline crime. I mean, I would have charged it every day of the week, but higher-volume offices would be paralyzed if they prosecuted every scuffle like this (where there no injury and an unsympathetic victim who apparently threw around some racial slurs, was drunk, and also threw a punch or shove)

Edit: IMO though, the chiefs and the NFL should have higher standards for conduct than a state's criminal code, and the league or the team should have suspended him already, assuming they saw the video

Last edited by molson : 11-30-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:42 PM   #810
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
He kicked her while she was kneeling on the floor.

Yep. Dont care if he was verbally or even physically assaulted it's just appalling people think there are any extenuating circumstances that make it ok to kick a woman laying on the ground. Man I have it bad here with all the Chiefs fans and how this is "different" Who kicks a woman? Why would you want this on your team? Your team is fantastic without this piece of trash. (Of course there is Tyreek Hill...)

Last edited by panerd : 11-30-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:56 PM   #811
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Wow, Chiefs straight up released Hunt. I assume the Redskins will claim him.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:59 PM   #812
kingfc22
Head Coach

He gone!
Old 11-30-2018, 08:08 PM   #813
molson
General Manager

Shit, I read that one wrong! I'm impressed by the chiefs

New RB for the Redskins?

Last edited by molson : 11-30-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:16 PM   #814
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oh shit, straight up released.

Knowing this was out there why didn't they grab a RB early in the draft
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #815
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Personally, love this move by the Chiefs. Way to make a stand and get out in front of this.

From a fantasy managerial standpoint...f*&^.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:46 PM   #816
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Wow. Very bold move and the right one.

It will be interesting to see what happens to him.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:04 PM   #817
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

As a Toledo alumni I've been rooting for Kareem so I admit I have some bias. But I have a feeling we aren't hearing the full story of the video yet. Still you'd think professional athletes would be taught to never lay their hands on a woman especially when cameras are around. Stick to church and not bars or something.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:09 PM   #818
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Don't disagree that it's great the Chiefs jumped out in front of this, but what's the excuse to employee Tyreek? Just because there's no video?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sublime 2 : 11-30-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:10 PM   #819
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Videos are pretty powerful, especially in today's social media world.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:13 PM   #820
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, this looks like Ray Rice Pt II
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:25 PM   #821
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
As a Toledo alumni I've been rooting for Kareem so I admit I have some bias. But I have a feeling we aren't hearing the full story of the video yet. Still you'd think professional athletes would be taught to never lay their hands on a woman especially when cameras are around. Stick to church and not bars or something.

Not surprisingly there are two sides of this story being told, one from Kareem Hunt and his friends and one from the woman. There will be no way to ever know exactly what happened and why. We do know that Hunt went after her, despite being held back, shoved a guy into her, which knocked her on the ground, walked away, and then came back and kicked her while she was down. He had multiple opportunities to walk away and end it and did not.

Also, the Chiefs said he lied to them about what happened and that’s why they released him.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-01-2018, 05:00 AM   #822
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
While I don't have a tolerance for domestic violence, I think the circumstances of this incident are completely different from anything like Ray Rice. From what I understand, Hunt and this female had just met that night. There were some incidents that precipitated the video (including the "victim" allegedly assaulting Hunt's girlfriend when she went out in the hall to try and get them to leave) and I would say the girl was arguably the initial aggressor, particularly considering the incident against his girlfriend, despite Hunt being the one who first physically pushed her.

I think the league will come down hard on him though, particularly seeing as it is a black male involved in a physical altercation with a white female. Personally however, I only think it's worth a game or two.

This person lied about what Hunt did so not sure the rest of the story is believable.

It could have happened but this was a friend desperately trying to save his friends ass.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:34 AM   #823
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't think it was as bad as Ray Rice but still pretty bad. I can probably understand the shoving in the more extreme circumstances but kicking ... kudos to the Chiefs.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #824
PilotMan
Head Coach

The kick will have sealed his fate. Anything less than a blackball will result in an uproar.

{s} just another example of a woman (FALSLY!) claiming she was abused to bring a rich man down! He'd have been totally fine if only he'd just grabbed her by the pussy.{/s}

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #825
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Don't think it was as bad as Ray Rice but still pretty bad. I can probably understand the shoving in the more extreme circumstances but kicking ... kudos to the Chiefs.

It's the same in the sense that everyone in the league was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as to what happened until video surfaced later. What surprises me in these circumstances is law enforcement's role. Either they did not push to get the video, which they had every right to get, or they did have it and still determined they couldn't determine who was at fault, which seems a bit ridiculous given the fact that he came back to the situation and escalated the violence with the kick.

I get the NFL being stonewalled in trying to get dociumented evidence of what happened, but the cops?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-01-2018, 08:59 AM   #826
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Now I'm on record that any man who hits a woman deserves any punishment he gets. It's an indefensible act, regardless of circumstance in my eyes.

That said...

I'm shocked the kick is drawing so much talk. It appears to me be a pretty weak attempt at a kick. It's probably the 20th most offensive thing in that clip.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #827
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Now I'm on record that any man who hits a woman deserves any punishment he gets. It's an indefensible act, regardless of circumstance in my eyes.

That said...

I'm shocked the kick is drawing so much talk. It appears to me be a pretty weak attempt at a kick. It's probably the 20th most offensive thing in that clip.

Yeah, I have to concur on this. It was a tap with his foot. The only reason she even fell over as a result was because she was squatting and drunk.

Was it a dick move and totally unnecessary? Completely.

The way the media (and this board) seem to portray things, it's as if the confrontation was completely one-sided.

This is what I see...

Hunt comes around the corner, stops in place and appears to be calm. He seems to be suggesting that they leave or maybe stop repeatedly banging on the door, as was reported.

The "victim", who was far enough off screen to be safe, then walks right up to Hunt and gets in his face while doing some physical posturing. It's not clear what was said but based on the reaction on Hunt's face, she says something and he pushes her away. She doesn't back down and proceeds to punch and/or claw him in the face.

They then get separated and Hunt gets taken around the corner by the people holding him back, the "victim" then tries to follow them! A friend of Hunt's simply attempts to get in between them and prevent her from getting to Hunt and "the victim" shoves him twice, just before he gets bumped into her by Hunt and someone else Hunt is struggling with.

It ends with the aforementioned kick.

I think the reports that say Hunt "attacked" her are making a huge leap. Did he assault her, yes, in as much as she assaulted him. Plenty of blame to go around on this and I would say both parties are at fault. He's a professional athlete and held to a higher standard and that's fair. But the way some people are treating this is as if he just beat this woman down in the hallway. I'd argue that he took the worst shot in the whole altercation. From what I saw on the video (and subsequent police videos as well as what was reported), it didn't seem like either party ended up with any actual physical injuries as a result.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #828
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The kick will have sealed his fate. Anything less than a blackball will result in an uproar.

{s} just another example of a woman (FALSLY!) claiming she was abused to bring a rich man down! He'd have been totally fine if only he'd just grabbed her by the pussy.{/s}
He'll play again. The Joe Mixon video was much worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Personally, love this move by the Chiefs. Way to make a stand and get out in front of this.

From a fantasy managerial standpoint...f*&^.
Idk, I'm not going to call the Chiefs the supreme moral arbiters. Like Sublime (and others) said, Tyreek Hill plead guilty to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend. But it happened before he was in the NFL & there's no video, so I guess it's okay?
Old 12-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #829
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Idk, I'm not going to call the Chiefs the supreme moral arbiters. Like Sublime (and others) said, Tyreek Hill plead guilty to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend. But it happened before he was in the NFL & there's no video, so I guess it's okay?

I don't know about supreme moral arbiters; I'm just talking about in this instance.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:43 AM   #830
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Possibly a second reported incident of punching a man in June for Kareem....not a lot of details....

Report: NFL investigating second incident in which Kareem Hunt punched a man – ProFootballTalk
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #831
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
He'll play again. The Joe Mixon video was much worse.

Mixon wasn't in the NFL when it happened. He didn't lie about what happened to his bosses. I think those are critical differences. Mixon was brought in after he had multiple chances to talk about it and was interviewed extensively, told that he had 0 chances after this one. Idk, you might be right, but if you are, the public investigation needs to be done and he'll need to prove he had therapy and go through extensive interviews.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #832
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

The Cody Kessler era has begins in Jacksonville today.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #833
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I find that ad where Aaron Rogers puts on some old soul and hones in on a 9-year old girl, kinda creepy.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #834
Atocep
Coordinator

Allen Robinson with a catch of the year candidate against the Giants.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #835
Ksyrup

The NFL can go to hell. The personal foul just called on Denver for a shoulder hit was horrible.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:18 PM   #836
Atocep
Coordinator

Bears/Giants is fucking crazy
Old 12-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #837
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well the Colts stunk it up today.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #838
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Bears/Giants is fucking crazy

Wtf happened. I’m in NY with the family about to go to the Christmas spectacular and they were up 27-17.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:29 PM   #839
Atocep
Coordinator

Giants elect to punt rather than try a long field goal with less than 2 to go in the 4th. Bears go down and kick a field goal. Bears recover and onside kick (Odell made a poor effort to get it).

Bears drive down and pass interference call with 3 seconds left puts it on the 1. Bears run an end around pass from Cohen to Miller to tie it as time expires.

Giants just kicked a field goal to go up in OT.

Last edited by Atocep : 12-02-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #840
Ksyrup

Green Bay... WTH?
Old 12-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #841
Atocep
Coordinator

There's no saving this team from Chase Daniel. He's terrible.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #842
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Green Bay... WTH?

yeah everything against my beloved Cards today-going against one of the NFL's best in Rodgers, on the road in a 1 pm start in snowy Green Bay, against a QB who is something like 19-1 at home in December, and had just had a 95 yard TD drive the last time they had the ball. On top of all that a kicker just off the practice squad in a pressure situation. No way the Cards should have won-think this game might put the nail in the coffin for some of the coaching staff.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #843
Ksyrup

McCarthy fired.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:36 PM   #844
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Jonathan Quinn, Part Deux. "Well, he knows the system really well..." And Nagy is a very good offensive coordinator.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:44 PM   #845
SegRat
High School Varsity

I can’t believe Green Bay fired McCarthy. I think he deserved the respect to finish this year. I was looking forward to the Packers moving on in the off season, but not now. Hue Jackson’s get fired during the season, not the coach you have had for 13 years and won a super bowl.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #846
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Well the Colts stunk it up today.

I'm officially out of this years FF playoffs. Luck has been great for me, today.. not so much.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #847
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
McCarthy fired.

Let's see if I am a "Owner Whisperer" Hey Cincy Bengals, you should really fire Marvin Lewis.

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-02-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #848
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

The same Chase Daniels who just torched the Lions on Thanksgiving? How’s that possible?!
Old 12-02-2018, 07:56 PM   #849
bhlloy
Coordinator

How does an NFL referee miss that false start
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #850
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
How does an NFL referee miss that false start