Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
SackAttack
Head Coach

Does anybody still play EHM 2007?

The other day, thought I'd fire it up and start a career with random players. I know hockey's not as big in these parts as the other sports, but I did wonder if EHM has had legs for FOFCers since that last version.

Shoot, for that matter, does anybody know if the league alignment is moddable to account for the Atlanta->Winnipeg move?

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I played a ton of EHM 2007, but I don't think I've touched it in a couple of years now.

I am not sure how moddable the league alignment is. I know that you can go in and edit certain things like the salary cap and teams internal budgets.

I loved the game. Thought it was great.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I just started playing it again recently- I read somewhere some people were able to add Winnipeg to the game, not sure where I read it or how they did it. I don't think you'd be able to realign the division or anything, but I don't know that for sure.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

The original freeware version of EHM is still one of the best text sims ever IMO.

Need to see if I can find it again.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think the 2007 version is pretty close to the best text sim ever, it's just a real shame that it reflects a vision of the post-lockout NHL that really never came to pass in terms of goals and wide open play. If there had just been a 2008 version I think I'd still be playing today.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
Travis
Pro Rookie

Looks like the EHM site I usually keep tabs on for updates did a Jets challenge a while back but the latest roster updates I'm seeing on there don't have a current version with Winnipeg just yet.

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=77
Old 06-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
bhlloy
Coordinator

Do the updated rosters make the game "feel" more like the current NHL - did they do any large scale tweaks to ratings or anything to make it more balanced? Or is the goals per game and points total still way, way higher than it is in real life?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #8
Travis
Pro Rookie

Scoring is still up from real life as they can't do anything to the engine, but it is nice to have the updates. There are also two projects going on for new games (haven't looked into those forums lately so not sure what either of those are looking like right now).

But given the absolute lack of competition as far as hockey sims go, I'm just glad there have been updates as this is still by far one of my favorite games.

Still scares me how hard it is to break Gretzky's career records even with how amped up the scoring tends to be.