Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

BoD Activities

With the recent layoff, has the BoD had a chance to discuss the recent ideas about MLCs and the infamous ratings dump versus righties for players with 100 contract?

I think we had enough positive response to Alan's idea, about prohibiting offering MLCs on the first night of free agency to help with the german engineering that causes players to sign MLCs instead of offered multi-year/multi-million dollar contracts, to have the board discuss it.

Also it was proposed to undo the ratings glich for any future victims of the 100 contact crash. I beleive this should be discussed as well as it is a common problem that has seriously iritated some owners.

I'm not lobbying these points, just wondering if these items have been discussed. I just want to make sure it wasn't forgeten with all the festivities!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
With the recent layoff, has the BoD had a chance to discuss the recent ideas about MLCs and the infamous ratings dump versus righties for players with 100 contract?

I think we had enough positive response to Alan's idea, about prohibiting offering MLCs on the first night of free agency to help with the german engineering that causes players to sign MLCs instead of offered multi-year/multi-million dollar contracts, to have the board discuss it.

Also it was proposed to undo the ratings glich for any future victims of the 100 contact crash. I beleive this should be discussed as well as it is a common problem that has seriously iritated some owners.

I'm not lobbying these points, just wondering if these items have been discussed. I just want to make sure it wasn't forgeten with all the festivities!

The board is currently discussing the severe ratings drop (on one side of the plate only) bug and have been in pretty active discussion regarding it this week.

I haven't brought up the MLC contract thing yet for two reasons.. 1) I am usually guilty of throwing too many things out at once for the board that it makes everyone's eyes gloss over, so I am trying to not do so here.. 2) It can be decided upon after the other issue since it does not matter for this free agency period. It is too late to implement anything for this season at this point anyhows.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Glad to hear the BoD is actively looking into this, but I will admit to a little disappointment that the ratings drop issue is getting a serious look while the MLC issue is on standby. The second issue is far more serious and affecting to all teams in the league than the first, a much more rare occurence that happens to just one team.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Glad to hear the BoD is actively looking into this, but I will admit to a little disappointment that the ratings drop issue is getting a serious look while the MLC issue is on standby. The second issue is far more serious and affecting to all teams in the league than the first, a much more rare occurence that happens to just one team.

Like I mentioned, it is more about trying to focus time on one and then the other. As with anything in this league, there are people who feel different sides of the issue are best. That is one thing I like about this board, they definitely do not rubber stamp anything.. They have different opinions and can express those in a productive manner rather than insults.

I have had plenty of people drop me notes on both of these issues, so in my mind both are important to determine some resolution to this during the course of this week.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Like I mentioned, it is more about trying to focus time on one and then the other. As with anything in this league, there are people who feel different sides of the issue are best. That is one thing I like about this board, they definitely do not rubber stamp anything.. They have different opinions and can express those in a productive manner rather than insults.

I have had plenty of people drop me notes on both of these issues, so in my mind both are important to determine some resolution to this during the course of this week.

No, it's not a big issue for me, I am just thinking of issue impact, regardless of the number of PMs you get about one or the other. It's quite simply a fact that the MLC issue affects every team in the league, and often drastically, every year, without fail (unless you simply choose not to offer MLCs at all, in which case that's on the owner). The other issue, while aggravating, affects one team and the rate of occurrence seems to be about once every three or four years. So you have 48-64 teams being hit by one issue for every one team being hit by the other.

I don't think it's illogical to wonder if the MLC issue should have been handled first.

All that said, I am glad the BoD is looking into them, and hopeful we will have a resolution for both shortly.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
TimGuru
High School Varsity

To gently reinforce Alan's point, there would have been no way for us to arrive at a decision in time for tonight (Tuesday's) sim on the MLC issue. It is very likely that we will arrive at a conclusion about the ratings bug before the next sim that will be affected by it.

In turn, it is very likely that we will be able to reach a conclusion about the MLC issue in time for next Tuesday's sim, the proposed rule being to ban MLC offers on Tuesday. We would never have had a productive discussion on that issue, voted, and made sure that every owner had read the rule in time for being able to comply with for tonight's sim. For example, I exported last night for tonight's sim. We are still in discussions about the bug, with only about 2 hours to go before tonight's sim.

The MLC award issue strikes me as very important and will certainly get the board's attention as the next matter of discussion. This order of priorities efficiently allowed us to reach progress on both issues in a time frame that will best benefit the most possible owners in the soonest possible manner. Talking about both simultaneously would have defeated the progress made on the bug issue while not accomplishing anything useful sooner than next Tuesday anyway on the MLC topic.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
kaosfere
College Prospect

Don't listen to Tim and Alan.

We're just capricious assholes who work in mysterious and arbitrary ways for our own sadistic amusement.

SBL:
Charlotte Monarchs (1992-1994) 237 - 186
kaosfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
Don't listen to Tim and Alan.

We're just capricious assholes who work in mysterious and arbitrary ways for our own sadistic amusement.

Duh....

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote