Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #751
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

With everyone else being human on your scorecard?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #752
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So I say RPI is a human and now you want to tell me that if we kill him and he's a human that makes me even guiltier? It looks like you're not going to be killed today dubb, so you can stop trying to make your outragous claims.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #753
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I'm going to throw a scenario out there that may seem a little crazy but reading back through this may make some sense...

RPI COULD be the cunning wolf.

I could see that. Maybe. Implicating me, well, I don't know what to say. I'm a villager. I understand you're just 1. trying to save your neck and 2. making suggestions, but I'm clean. Like I said, I'd stake hattrick supporter on it. In essence, I'd be offering 20 bucks on my safe knowledge of me being a villager. As I've explained in other games, I'm not willing to lose 20 bucks over this game. I'm telling the truth.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:42 PM   #754
st.cronin
General Manager

The whole cunning wolf thing throws me off. I can't understand why the wolves didn't go cunning the first night, when they were most likely to be witnessed.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #755
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
The whole cunning wolf thing throws me off. I can't understand why the wolves didn't go cunning the first night, when they were most likely to be witnessed.

They cant afford to lose the cunning wolf just to get the witness...if i were them, save it until a later vote when the seer has to come out to get you, you show up as a villager and the other wolf eats the seer....after that the villagers are doomed....but if your a wolf, dont do that...tell me know
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #756
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I don't understand why they didn't go cunning every night, I see a bunch of upside and little downside. Maybe trying to save it for later in the game, so we would doubt the seer?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #757
hoopsguy
General Manager

The guys I trust the most are split across three different people - perfect

I'm curious, I've seen the self-preservation play invoked a couple of different times now by people who claim to be villagers. What do people think is the right play if you know that you are an ordinary villager and you are not convinced that the person you are hanging with your switch is a wolf? Is there some point where it might make sense to say "yes, we lose a villager and I'm out of the game, but the seer and the lovers are still alive". I haven't been in this position, but I've been wondering about this as I tried to work through McSweeny scenarios earlier today.

It doesn't seem like there is much value having the vote on McSweeny at this point as he is lagging behind on the votes. I'm going to make the move that I feel is the most likely to grab a wolf which is to

UNVOTE MCSWEENY
VOTE DUBB93

There is some suspicion that Dubb has been spotted, and he finds himself in a toe-to-toe with King. Lots of heat being generated around him at this point, enough that I think this is our best option with the given information.

Dubb, I can meet you halfway on your last post, but at some point if you are weighing between two theories that appear to have equal merit then go with the simplest. Barkeep and RPI slow-rolling you would be pretty damn subtle - not impossible, but less likely than you are a wolf that has had the heat turned up on him in a manner similar to SnDvls yesterday (minus the monster bandwagon).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #758
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin

The cunning wolf was most likely designated by Neon before the game started. And when he is lynched he will show up as a regular villager, not a wolf.

Quote:
With everyone else being human on your scorecard?

If that were true, that would make everyone else clean by my scorecard. I wouldn't mind some discussion on it real quick if possible.

Quote:
So I say RPI is a human and now you want to tell me that if we kill him and he's a human that makes me even guiltier? It looks like you're not going to be killed today dubb, so you can stop trying to make your outragous claims.

I didn't really have a chance to analyze it at the time as the bandwagon was on. But you said:

1. After RPI implied you were the seer.

2. In a way to imply you were the seer.

3. You never out right denied being the seer. Just said you wanted to be clear your not implying you are, but like #2, you went on to imply you were.

4. You influenced St. Cronin, on the belief you were the seer. Something I know isn't true. I'm not the seer, but if you were, you would have already scanned and cleared me.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #759
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hoops,

Can you explain why you think dubb is a wolf over kingfc? I'd like to know you're thoughts on both of them if we have time. I'm willing to change my vote, though I'd need solid convincing.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #760
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I want to reiterate a few points.

1. I am not the seer and thus have only the insight of my gut and what I've collected in evidence
2. Dubb's actions fit that of an effective werewolf type:
A. He's not hiding in the shadows
B. He's trying to "help" the team by doing grunt research the net result of which is nothing
C. He was willing to protect a werewolf well past the point most others had realized the truth
3. Time and time again he has made contradictory statements. Several people consider him a top notch player, but he's surely floundered around this game

If you vote for Dubb do it because of his posts and actions not because of me.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #761
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Potential dola,

Who do you trust?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #762
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well this might throw a wrench into things, but

UNVOTE MCSWEENY
VOTE RPI-FAN
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 PM   #763
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Good lord, what's the tally now?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 PM   #764
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dubb I hope my latest post is explict enough for you.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #765
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've got much less info to work with on Kingfc - he has been quiet for spurts in this game, but vocal when called out by Dubb.

Honestly, King would be about 4th on my list right now behind Dubb, RPI, and McSweeny. Obviously subject to change ... was really expecting some late-day revelations (real or invented) that would make this a little easier on all of us.

If Dubb is in fact a villager then we have a growing list of suspects emerging for tomorrow. But I think that is going to be true no matter which person ends up lynched.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #766
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
The cunning wolf was most likely designated by Neon before the game started. And when he is lynched he will show up as a regular villager, not a wolf.
This revolves around the idea that the wolves know which one is cunning, and they exercise some degree of control over who carries out the night attack (subject to the limitation that the preferred attacker must be available to PM the choice to Neon).

Old 11-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #767
Blade6119
Coordinator

as odd as this sounds, the birthday check dubb did on flounders makes me thinks hes legit...who else would care that much whos viewing the thread if they werent a villager
Demotivation
Old 11-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #768
hoopsguy
General Manager

And we have a guest viewing - hmmm, what are chances that is a wolf on another computer?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:52 PM   #769
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone got the vote tally?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #770
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Estimated current count
kingfc22 - dubb93, Mr. Wednesday, ardent enthusiast, RPI-Fan
dubb93 - Barkeep, st. cronin, hoopsguy
RPI-Fan - kingfc22, Raiders Army, McSweeny, Blade6119

Old 11-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #771
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
This revolves around the idea that the wolves know which one is cunning, and they exercise some degree of control over who carries out the night attack (subject to the limitation that the preferred attacker must be available to PM the choice to Neon).

My interpreation, was it isn't used on an attack. Just when lynched. Thus, even if the cunning wolf was the one witness, he would still be witness. Only when he was lynched we would show up as a villager. That was how I took it.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:55 PM   #772
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
let's build off of this:

Who do we know wasn't around the first night? The fact that the wolves didn't have this person carry out the attacks despite the advantages of doing so suggests that perhaps the wolf was unavailable to send in the vote. I don't remember offhand and would have to look, but perhaps people with sharper memories might recall.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #773
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

That last post wasn't good. I've never seen so many typos in a single post.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #774
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Yes, but bear with me here -- if the cunning wolf carries out the attack and is witnessed, he can attempt to cast doubt on the witness by accusing someone else, then we either lynch the witness (good for the wolves), or upon lynching the cunning wolf, we now doubt the veracity of the cunning wolf and possibly another player as well. The witness will recognize the cunning wolf as a wolf, but we will not be sure the witness was correct after the lynching.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #775
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
My interpreation, was it isn't used on an attack. Just when lynched. Thus, even if the cunning wolf was the one witness, he would still be witness. Only when he was lynched we would show up as a villager. That was how I took it.
Right but if the cunning wolf gets lynched and shows up as villager, we'd have lynched St. Cronin the next day for being the wolf who convinced us he was the witness and in effect lost two days with worthless votes.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #776
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The witness aspect of the cunning wolf is out the window, but the "cast doubt on the seer" bit that I mentioned above is still in play.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #777
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, but bear with me here -- if the cunning wolf carries out the attack and is witnessed, he can attempt to cast doubt on the witness by accusing someone else, then we either lynch the witness (good for the wolves), or upon lynching the cunning wolf, we now doubt the veracity of the cunning wolf and possibly another player as well. The witness will recognize the cunning wolf as a wolf, but we will not be sure the witness was correct after the lynching.

Why are we debating the witness...that ship has sailed
Demotivation
Old 11-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #778
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, you asked about trust. Not much today has altered what I had earlier although I suspect that we'll see some results post-deadline that will make this obsolete pretty quickly.

1.) St Cronin - very close to complete trust due to villager role
2.) Mr W - replacement player, very little in posts that has set off 'spider sense'
3.) Blade - feel like he is playing a good pro-villager game

Following St. Cronin's vote felt like a decent compass in the event that I didn't have a decent sense of where to go. But ultimately I went with Dubb and felt, at least a little bit, reassured when I saw that I was on the same person as StC.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #779
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
let's build off of this:

Who do we know wasn't around the first night? The fact that the wolves didn't have this person carry out the attacks despite the advantages of doing so suggests that perhaps the wolf was unavailable to send in the vote. I don't remember offhand and would have to look, but perhaps people with sharper memories might recall.

That is an excellent thought. I assume that the cunning wolf KNOWS he is the cunning wolf - I believe the rules are silent on the issue, but it's possible only Neo knows which wolf is cunning. Otherwise, yeah, it makes no sense for the wolves not to use the cunning wolf each and every night.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #780
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Right but if the cunning wolf gets lynched and shows up as villager, we'd have lynched St. Cronin the next day for being the wolf who convinced us he was the witness and in effect lost two days with worthless votes.
Only one day would have been lost, the one where we killed st. cronin. The lynching of the cunning wolf would still have been good for us.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:59 PM   #781
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

kingfc22 vs. dubb, and I just don't have a good read on whether I should switch up or not.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:59 PM   #782
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Only one day would have been lost, the one where we killed st. cronin. The lynching of the cunning wolf would still have been good for us.
Well I said two days lost because we get no vote patterns. One less wolf is very good, but less information is bad. The good thing about today is that when we find a wolf we'll have evidence to go back over and examine.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #783
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Very much so. I take a certain amount of solace in knowing that I instigated a bit of vote trading, even if my vote for kingfc22 turns out to be wrong.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #784
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If there is a cunning werewolf in the game he knows it. For both blessed and cursed it makes it clear that they do not know their role until attacked. The lack of a similar statement for the cunning role leads me to believe the wolf will know it is him.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #785
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Very much so. I take a certain amount of solace in knowing that I instigated a bit of vote trading, even if my vote for kingfc22 turns out to be wrong.
And I do the same with dubb.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #786
hoopsguy
General Manager

With as close as today's vote was (speaking without knowing the results, so please don't take this the wrong way) it is too bad that Sack Attack was unable to participate. Every person had a huge impact in today's results, which is pretty rare in this game.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:06 PM   #787
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
kingfc22 vs. dubb, and I just don't have a good read on whether I should switch up or not.
vs. RPI-Fan too, but for the time being I'm still reading him as misguided human.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #788
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
vs. RPI-Fan too, but for the time being I'm still reading him as misguided human.

I am still at least a little bit suspicious of him. I suspect that if he is a wolf, he is the cunning wolf ...
Old 11-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #789
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

And now we wait for Neon to get back... I'll try to check in later.

I'd like for tomorrow to be an off day, as ND has a home football game so I'll be out of commission for basically all morning and all afternoon, possibly not getting home until 8 pm or later. If there is action, I'll try to get in a vote, but I will not be around until late to explain it and/or defend myself.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:09 PM   #790
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would love to get in 1 day over the weekend. Will Tuesday 8 PM or Wedneday 8 PM be our last vote until after Thanksgiving?
Old 11-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #791
Blade6119
Coordinator

We are sooo not having a day off becuase Notre Dame is playing...sweet jesus no...especially not for them
Demotivation
Old 11-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #792
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Voting is over, right?
Old 11-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #793
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Voting is over, right?

yes...im still lost on the tie thing but someone is dead
Demotivation
Old 11-18-2005, 08:13 PM   #794
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I suspect it is, so which of the two will actually be hung?
Old 11-18-2005, 08:13 PM   #795
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think the most likely scenario is that RPI-Fan is clear. My reason for thinking so:
* Railroading Passacaglia is too bold of a play for a wolf. I especially don't like it for the cunning wolf, as the cunning attribute gives the wolves a shot at discrediting either the witness or the seer.

* He's not a great night 1 target for the wolves. Having just railroaded Passacaglia, he may work out to be a valuable player to leave alive -- one sowing confusion and misguided attacks. A safer target is someone like hoopsguy or Raiders Army, someone respected as an analyst and potentially dangerous as an opponent.

I think my second reason is weaker than the first (leaving cursed as a more viable possibility), mainly because the wolves have a tendency to not kill off the guy that I would choose to kill off if I were a wolf.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:15 PM   #796
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I would love to get in 1 day over the weekend. Will Tuesday 8 PM or Wedneday 8 PM be our last vote until after Thanksgiving?
Only Saturday is a bad day for me, and even then, I will be able to participate in a limited fashion -- I can definitely make an effort to get something in before I head out to tailgate, and there's a decent chance that I'm back before 9 pm and so will have a chance to check in before things close. Sunday is wide open.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:15 PM   #797
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, if I counted right, kingfc22 was the lynchee outright.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:16 PM   #798
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is always comforting to know that my fellow players would kill me on night 1 if given the chance.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #799
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

It's a compliment.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #800
hoopsguy
General Manager

Did anyone find the voting activity stuff I posted last night mildly interesting or a factor in their thought process today? It takes quite awhile to collect that stuff and I'm not necessarily inclined to continue using it if people don't consider it useful.