Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2005, 06:37 AM   #1001
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #996 from AE:
[/quote]Nice. Hoops spends 30 minutes viewing the thread without defending himself. Why? My guess is he's having to think of another way of spinning this on me.[quote]

When you actually try to make arguments based on logic, and care about the content you post, it can take some time to type. It wasn't easy to find all the threads with post counts, then total them, but I wanted to show the fallacy behind your paper-thin arguments.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:38 AM   #1002
Poli
FOFC Survivor

And I'm simply not going to let this disappear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
ardent enthusiast][/b]
I'm also gaining suspicion on, and I hate to say it, hoopsguy. Hoops cast a vote on me the first day, the last vote on Sndvls, and a vote on dubb93 of no consequence at a critical time. My guess would be the wolves would spread their votes out on day 1, perhaps one of them "helping" us along in killing a fellow villager. That fits as Sndvls wasted his vote on the first day. Hoops has provided a lot of information, but that may be to help us think he's a good guy. I may be out in left field with this, but the picture seems to be getting clear for me as I type this. Hoops would also (know, originally I left out this word) RPI was a villager and that he would be hung. If hoops is a wolf, he'd known the true identity of both dubb93 and kingfc (whom I suspect is a wolf as well). Perhaps he cast that "wasted" vote on dubb93 so he could make sure that kingfc was "safe", and not draw suspicion for piling on to RPI. For example, my suspicion of Blade6119 rose when he cast the last vote on RPI.

I've got to leave for class again now, and will be back on later tonight. Let's talk about this. Is HOOPS a WOLF?

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 11-21-2005, 06:39 AM   #1003
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Post #996 from AE:
Nice. Hoops spends 30 minutes viewing the thread without defending himself. Why? My guess is he's having to think of another way of spinning this on me.
Quote:

When you're a wolf and you have to lie all the time it can be hard.
Fixed that for you.

Agreed.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:39 AM   #1004
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sheesh, this is worse then the BrianD and I fight over the Doctor reveal.

This is basically a fight to lynch each other, but it's handbags at two paces level slap fighting

(gets popcorn)
Old 11-21-2005, 06:40 AM   #1005
hoopsguy
General Manager

No, the Silo is not OK with me (I have no idea what the Silo is). I've already expressed that I think that outside betting on this game within the thread changes the game dynamics at least as much as posting PMs so I'm not going to continue to go down this path.

It doesn't change the fact that I know that I'm right and will be collecting on our first wager, but going forward I'm going to try and think about the integrity of the game (overall) more than proving my innocence to you and the rest of the participants in this instance of the game.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 AM   #1006
Poli
FOFC Survivor

www.silopizza.com

You could ask barkeep about it. That's what my wager is that you're a wolf. You said that bet is on, and that I just had to name it. It's named. Don't chicken out, wolf.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:44 AM   #1007
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Sheesh, this is worse then the BrianD and I fight over the Doctor reveal.

This is basically a fight to lynch each other, but it's handbags at two paces level slap fighting

(gets popcorn)

Glad you can enjoy it. Hopefully, we'll have wolf for dinner.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:44 AM   #1008
hoopsguy
General Manager

Re-posting your own argument every 10 posts doesn't make it valid.

Re-typing posts and saying "fixed that for you" doesn't make it valid. Although I find a certain amount of irony in your re-type of Post #1003.

I do have a job, which means that I'm not going to have the luxury to reply to every single piece of propoganda you put out today. So go nuts - hopefully we have enough people participating in this game that don't want to encourage the arguments of a ten year old acting out.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:45 AM   #1009
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dola, I think you're not OK with this because you're a wolf. That's okay, just admit it, we'll hang you, you won't have to pay at that point. As long as you come clean about it.

(IE Quit lieing.)
Old 11-21-2005, 06:46 AM   #1010
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Listen, hoops. I like you. I like the game you've played. I've just called you out. I'm all in. You've got to be a wolf, or I'm no ardent enthusiast. It's plain and simple.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:50 AM   #1011
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oooh.. Ardent Enthusiast puts 8,176 Posts on the Line.

What's your new username if you lose, AE?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 AM   #1012
Poli
FOFC Survivor

LOL. It makes too much sense. Hoops has to be a wolf, or he's paired with a wolf.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:00 AM   #1013
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Time to do a role reveal. I feel I have to. I'm about to go to work myself, get some dental work done, and possibly be on the road.

I'm a DreamWeaver.

Neon gave me a secret role, and without quoting the original PM, here it is:

Should I be able to survive through the third day, I was allowed to submit a night action. I was able to access the dreams of one player. Since I felt hoops at the time had wasted his vote on dubb, and wasn't satisfied for his reason why, I chose hoopsguy.

Obviously, I can't quote the PM I received. However, when I tried to access hoops dream, it was really hard and when he did sleep he seemed troubled, and filled with anger. His dreams were full of bloodlust.

Emphasis mine.

I can no longer use my DreamWeaver role. I really didn't want to put this out there, but there you have it. This is why I "suddenly" turned on hoopsguy.

He is a wolf. We have to lynch him. We HAVE to lynch him.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:05 AM   #1014
Blade6119
Coordinator

Neon games are always soo much fun...despite me dying i want to thank neon for hosting such great games that always hold suprises it seems...THNX NEON!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:09 AM   #1015
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I didn't realize this is a secret roles game. I'm pretty sure that there was not anything in Post #1 suggesting it was. FWIW, I thought you had more credibility before this post by playing an aggressive game and daring the seer to come out an clear me. But now you are saying that there is an extra seer role in the game? Sure ...

I don't think there is any room whatsoever at this point to assume that both AE and I are villagers. Obviously my vote on AE stands and I'm hoping that other people see through this the same way we did with SnDvls' fake blessed move.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:50 AM   #1016
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Time to do a role reveal. I feel I have to. I'm about to go to work myself, get some dental work done, and possibly be on the road.

I'm a DreamWeaver.

Should I be able to survive through the third day, I was allowed to submit a night action. I was able to access the dreams of one player. Since I felt hoops at the time had wasted his vote on dubb, and wasn't satisfied for his reason why, I chose hoopsguy.

Obviously, I can't quote the PM I received. However, when I tried to access hoops dream, it was really hard and when he did sleep he seemed troubled, and filled with anger. His dreams were full of bloodlust.

Emphasis mine.

I can no longer use my DreamWeaver role. I really didn't want to put this out there, but there you have it. This is why I "suddenly" turned on hoopsguy.

Wow. Just wow. This sounds extremely credible. The problem with it is that this is a very important vote today since it's pretty much the end of the game if we choose wrongly.

I see two possibilities here:

1. hoops is a wolf and there are hidden roles in this game that weren't stated previously (even in the rules).

2. AE is a wolf and is attempting to do an endgame gambit so that we lose.

I have no idea which way to lean on this...although, this is an extremely convenient reveal. Then again, so was Pass' reveal as well...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:28 AM   #1017
hoopsguy
General Manager

I really don't think it sounds "extremely credible" but obviously I'm biased by my bloodlust-filled dreams.

Dubb, is this what you expected from AE? Or were you expecting him to suggest that he is the seer without saying it? That would explain his dead-on certainty in accusing me while I was not as certain in accusing him.

However this plays out, I don't want to be hung today, have AE around tomorrow (wolves don't eat their own), and have him say, "Oh, I was lying yesterday when I said I was the Dreamweaver to provide cover from wolves the next night! I'm really the seer! And {insert name here} is also a wolf! I can't believe the wolves let me live again!"
Old 11-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #1018
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Upon further reflection...

Quote:
This seems really out of place. If I understand correctly, this is a one-time thing...if it is, then why wouldn't you want to put this out there?

Quote:

This seems very convenient as well. I understand real life intrudes, but now we can't question you about this. If you make it back, could you explain my comments to the first quote above?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:01 AM   #1019
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm a DreamWeaver.

Emphasis mine.

UHHHH....thats not what I expected at all.

I think Ardent needs to come on back in here and do some explaining b/c I was under the impression he was the seer. It made sense to me last night. He was so sure RPI was innocent(night 1 view), so sure Barkeep was innocent(night 2 view), and positive Hoopsguy was a wolf(night 3 view) despite a pretty crappy argument.

He also intentionally steered the conversation toward the seer, but did so subtlely, in a way that didn't seem too over the top.

I hate to be posting this as a villager, but I see 2 possibilities.

1. He is trying to make it seem his role is used up, when he is really the seer.

2. This is an endgame situation for the wolves.

For the time being...

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #1020
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hoops here is trying to call out the herbalist by the chance that pass wasn't. If hoops was a villager, would he want this? I highly doubt it. Villagers want good guys with secret roles to lay low.
However, if hoops was a wolf, then he knew that Pass wasn't a wolf -- would he be trying to get a reveal on a different herbalist because he thought Pass was a faking villager? Why would a villager fake like that? I don't think that this bit makes any sense as evidence of hoops being a wolf.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:05 AM   #1021
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm trying to figure out if lurker is someone in the game, but the birthday doesn't correspond to anyone else.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:08 AM   #1022
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm trying to figure out if lurker is someone in the game, but the birthday doesn't correspond to anyone else.

dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #1023
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Point in favor of ardent... when you become convinced that someone is a wolf, you can get pretty emotionally involved in trying to discredit them.

The biggest issue I have, actually, is that even if he's on the up-and-up, we can't be completely sure that hoops's bloodlust means what ardent thinks it means.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #1024
Raiders Army
Coordinator

And he's still here!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #1025
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, if AE's story is true, he's probably glad he didn't get a message saying the dreams were wet.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:15 AM   #1026
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

lurker is a regular poster (I think Passacaglia's girlfriend)... I wouldn't read too much into it.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #1027
lurker
High School JV

Sorry, I got curious about the game -- I'm thinking of joining one in the future. Don't read into it!
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:21 AM   #1028
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Instead of all this betting being thrown about, how about you guys buying me a hardcopy of either FOF/TCY/FBCB and mailing it here to the Philippines?

Old 11-21-2005, 10:27 AM   #1029
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
Sorry, I got curious about the game -- I'm thinking of joining one in the future. Don't read into it!
Okey dokey. Thought you were an alt for a wolf!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #1030
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

If I were a wolf, I'd just log out and read the forums as a guest.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #1031
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
If I were a wolf, I'd just log out and read the forums as a guest.
I'll try to remember that in the future!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #1032
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Wow. Alot has happened. I noticed some suspicion has been thrown my way, and I would expect as much with the little time I've had to participate. The good news is this week I'm in the old office with an internet connection which means I'll be able to be much more active. This whole AE/Hoops back and forth is definately interesting. I think AE's role reveal is pretty interesting and I'm convinced at this point that one or the other is a wolf. I also think that 2 of the voters for Pass are wolfs as well which means my suspicion list at this point is: AE, Hoops, RA, and McSweeny.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #1033
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Dola. Correction, one of the two remaining voters for Pass is a wolf. My bad.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:17 AM   #1034
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Dola. Correction, one of the two remaining voters for Pass is a wolf. My bad.
As I stated earlier, I know I'm not a wolf. So I can only conclude that McSweeny is.

I find it very strange that after I said this, he didn't vote for me as I voted for him. This makes him even more suspicious in my mind.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:20 AM   #1035
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I find it very strange that after I said this, he didn't vote for me as I voted for him. This makes him even more suspicious in my mind.

I agree.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:24 AM   #1036
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
As I stated earlier, I know I'm not a wolf. So I can only conclude that McSweeny is.

why would i vote for you? i have no idea if you are a wolf or not
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #1037
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Upon further reflection...

This seems really out of place. If I understand correctly, this is a one-time thing...if it is, then why wouldn't you want to put this out there?

This seems very convenient as well. I understand real life intrudes, but now we can't question you about this. If you make it back, could you explain my comments to the first quote above?

I'm in at work, but I can't type much. I was given the option of continuing my DreamWeaving, but if at any point I revealed the role, I would lose the ability. My goal was for this night action was to view king's dream, but now I've lost the ability. It also looks unlikely that I would have been able to, as hoop's wolf buddies would have likely had me killed tonight.

It sucks, but I had to finally make a decision on it.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #1038
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Any other questions while I'm here? I don't know how much longer I can bogart this computer at work.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:39 AM   #1039
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Another reason for the role reveal is I had to make a choice, continue my DreamWeaving, and possibly die tonight to the wolves (likely), or just cut the ties, and nail Hoops.

Since I can't argue much more that Hoops is a wolf, I decided to out myself.

Guys, we have to kill him. Don't let him get away with this.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #1040
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Wow. Just wow. This sounds extremely credible. The problem with it is that this is a very important vote today since it's pretty much the end of the game if we choose wrongly.

I see two possibilities here:

1. hoops is a wolf and there are hidden roles in this game that weren't stated previously (even in the rules).

2. AE is a wolf and is attempting to do an endgame gambit so that we lose.

I have no idea which way to lean on this...although, this is an extremely convenient reveal. Then again, so was Pass' reveal as well...

It's #1. Hoops is a wolf. My mind is racing right now, but I don't see how this could conceivably be an endgame move as a wolf.

Guys, it has to happen. Hoops has to be a wolf.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 AM   #1041
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY

dubb, don't do it. Do the right thing. We have to nail the wolf. We've got him. I will likely die tonight, at that point you'll know I'm the DreamWeaver.

Trust me, dubb. Hoops is the wolf.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:54 AM   #1042
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dang it. Where is everyone??
Old 11-21-2005, 12:09 PM   #1043
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm in at work, but I can't type much. I was given the option of continuing my DreamWeaving, but if at any point I revealed the role, I would lose the ability. My goal was for this night action was to view king's dream, but now I've lost the ability. It also looks unlikely that I would have been able to, as hoop's wolf buddies would have likely had me killed tonight.

It sucks, but I had to finally make a decision on it.
Makes sense then. I assume you forgot to mention that previously.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:09 PM   #1044
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've only got a minute or two. RA, any questions??
Old 11-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #1045
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
It's #1. Hoops is a wolf. My mind is racing right now, but I don't see how this could conceivably be an endgame move as a wolf.

One sec...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #1046
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I've only got a minute or two. RA, any questions??
Answered mine. Thanks. One sec, and I'll explain how it could possibly be an endgame for the wolves.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #1047
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Makes sense then. I assume you forgot to mention that previously.
Sorry man, I was running late, but I wanted to make sure Hoops was declared a wolf. It was a late decision. I nearly walked out the door to go to the dentist (dental), but I came back because I had to make sure we nailed Hoops.

I'll likely die tonight due to the wolves. I couldn't risk it.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #1048
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gotta go, RA. Sorry dude.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #1049
Raiders Army
Coordinator

11 of us left. If:

There are three wolves left and
The lovers are both villagers

Then:

8-3 Villagers right now. We lynch a villager, it's 7-3, and then 6-3 after tonight. With 8 villagers left, there's a 25% chance of hitting a lover, which increases with each villager gone. That means it could possibly be 5-3 after tonight.

If we lynch a lover and the other villager dies and the wolves hit a cursed tonight, it would be 4-4.

Someone else can check my numbers, but it's a possibility at this point. Regardless, this is an important vote tonight since we're getting down in numbers.

(Remember, this is all predicated upon a lot of things so the chances of this happening are slim)
Old 11-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #1050
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also busy at work - guess it is a good thing that AE and I got our mudslinging out of the way last night and this morning given our schedules today.

That said, I enjoy when I read about continuously emerging secret roles. Ardent, what Dubb posted about you playing seer is EXACTLY where I thought you were headed with your argument. A fake seer play is very high risk, but if the wolves think they have the numbers it makes sense. The idea there is "just one more day, I need to stay alive for one more day and it is over".

You didn't come out and say you were the seer, which is smart since someone else is and they know you are the wolf. Leave them just enough room to think that you are sincere rather than bogarting their role. But making up a secret role in a game that has not even hinted at secret roles is grasping. Then continuing to modify your secret role in subsequent posts is beyond suspicion. I'm stunned that you have not gotten a single vote besides mine.

I expect to be back on towards the end of the day to see this through.