Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #2851
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
How is the babel expansion?

It's like a 2 part expansion. I have only used the Great Works part of it and have yet to try the building the Babel part yet. I'm not sure if we'll play that part on Saturday either. I have several people who have yet to play 7 Wonders that are playing and I don't want to introduce too much at once. I don't think the Great Works part adds a lot of explanation to the game - it's just an added way to use a card to help build a project as a group.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:09 AM   #2852
ShaneTheMaster
High School JV

Recently bought Voyages of Marco Polo and Elysium, looking forward to getting these to the table in the next couple of weeks.
Ex-GM, Cincinatti Bengals, (Replicated NFL)
Ex-GM, Tampa Bay Surge, (WLAF)
ShaneTheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #2853
britrock88
Pro Starter

Just went for that Carcassonne deal (thanks for the tip!)--now my sister and I each have a copy. Grabbed 7 Wonders while I was at it.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #2854
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

I recently added videos for Navajo Wars and Baseball Highlights: 2045 on my YouTube Channel (link below) if you're interested in either of those two great games!!

Al
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #2855
MIJB#19
Coordinator

My recent additions have been The Great Dalmuti and Rockband Manager.
Played The Great Dalmuti on our annual family reunion and enjoyed it a lot, it reminded me of a very similar card game that I played a lot in my 3rd year in high school. A fun little card game. With Rockband Manager I haven't been able to get it to the table yet.

On top of my current wishlist (in no particular order) are 1st & Goal, Spyfall, Tragedy Looper and Coyote.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:04 PM   #2856
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I have brought out and started reading the tutorial rules of Navajo Wars so many times but kind of given up trying to learn the game. I'm going to take a look at your video and see if it inspires me to try again. I see it got the approval stamp from Ricky Royal so that's a plus

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 07-08-2015 at 07:05 PM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #2857
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I've had Navajo Wars for sometime too. I'll check out your video. I really think I'll like it if I can get into it.

I've been doing reviews on BGG for awhile and someone from Gaming Trend noticed them and asked me to start writing reviews for them. It's a non-paying gig, but I've gotten a few free games to review. So far I've done:

Monstrous - This is nearing its kickstarter run. You play a Greek god that literally casts down monsters (by tossing cards) to the cities to make them respect you more. I'm not into dexterity games, but this one is actually pretty decent.

Fidelitas - It's a card game where you try to influence the townsfolk to rise up against the powers that be. It has poor components and subpar game pay.

Yardmaster Express - Fun little filler gamer where you pass a hand of cards around in an attempt to build a train. Points are award for color runs and points from the train. Cheap and fun.

Lost Cities: The Board Game - Just got this one in. Initially it looked too simplistic, but it plays so much more. Everyone has 5 explorers they try to get down five paths. Colored cards determine which path you move on but cards must be played from low to high (or equal) to progress. The kids like this one best. Very good family game or a game for the non-gamer. My favorite I've done so far.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #2858
tarcone
Coordinator

Good to see a lot of variety.

I'm glad to see some reviewers here. That's awesome. I've seen pads but not colt.

I didn't get into Navajo wars and traded it away

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #2859
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
I recently added videos for Navajo Wars and Baseball Highlights: 2045 on my YouTube Channel (link below) if you're interested in either of those two great games!!

Al

Thanks to this I picked up Baseball Highlights along with new edition of Evoluion and Used copy if the Block game from Columbia Pacific Victory. Would have loved to find or get Navajo Wars for a decent price but that train seems to have passed so am waiting the sequel to come of Age of Comanche which the developer is saying Xmas this year.

Last edited by Galaril : 07-08-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #2860
tarcone
Coordinator

I really like evolution. Fun game.

Did you guys see Supremacy 2020 is now available. The retail on it is $160. Yes, $160. I would love to pick this game up. But I can't justify $160.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #2861
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I have brought out and started reading the tutorial rules of Navajo Wars so many times but kind of given up trying to learn the game. I'm going to take a look at your video and see if it inspires me to try again. I see it got the approval stamp from Ricky Royal so that's a plus

Ha! Thanks. Yeah, when I saw Rickey's comment that really made my day. Quite a surprise really.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:15 PM   #2862
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anybody play Scoville?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:03 AM   #2863
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Game day is tomorrow - expecting about 6. I just picked up Pathfinder Skull and Shackles and hope to get it to the table. I am beginning to like coop games more and more.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #2864
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
Game day is tomorrow - expecting about 6. I just picked up Pathfinder Skull and Shackles and hope to get it to the table. I am beginning to like coop games more and more.

Which coop games are you currently digging? I'm always on the lookout for more.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #2865
tarcone
Coordinator

I'm willing to sell some games. I'm trying to get enough money for that Supremacy game.
I will sell Dominant Species, Tomorrow, Labyrinth: War on Terror 2001-?, Jamaica, Kemet.
I'm a little undecided. I have a hard time parting with games. But we can deal.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #2866
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Which coop games are you currently digging? I'm always on the lookout for more.

Pathfinder, Lord of the Rings card game, the Dungeons & Dragons board games, Forbidden Island (I think this one's coop - only played it once) and a Firefighting game that came out a couple of years ago - that I forget the name.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #2867
tarcone
Coordinator

Police precinct is a great coop. I really liked this one.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #2868
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Pathfinder, Lord of the Rings card game, the Dungeons & Dragons board games, Forbidden Island (I think this one's coop - only played it once) and a Firefighting game that came out a couple of years ago - that I forget the name.
Pathfinder is a great one, although since it's a campaign, you'll want to have your whole group together every time you play. Later scenarios become a bitch if you bring underpowered characters to the table.

I don't know if Forbidden Island is coop, but Forbidden Desert is, and that's a good one. It's pretty light, but it plays quickly and does have some strategy to it. Again, that's Forbidden Desert, though. I can't speak to Forbidden Island.

I assume the firefighting game is Flash Point, which is a really good game, but I find it to be a little hard to keep up with all the cascading events that happen after every turn. I played it with its designer at DragonCon last year, and he's a really nice guy. What's funny is that he forgot about some of the cascading events after some turns, too!
Old 07-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #2869
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Thanks, fellas!

Some of my favorites:

Arkham Horror
Eldritch Horror
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Pandemic
Defenders of the Realm
Space Alert
Ghost Stories

I've had Flashpoint on my Amazon wishlist for a while now.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #2870
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I'm willing to sell some games. I'm trying to get enough money for that Supremacy game.
I will sell Dominant Species, Tomorrow, Labyrinth: War on Terror 2001-?, Jamaica, Kemet.
I'm a little undecided. I have a hard time parting with games. But we can deal.

The reviews I've read are pretty scathing about Supremacy 2020, just FYI. Some saying that even at $60 it's a bit of a reach based upon quality alone.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #2871
Flasch186
Coordinator

I just played Thunder Alley solo to learn the rules before coercing some people to play tomorrow and I can see why people like it. thats a very cool game.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:36 AM   #2872
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

First things first. I borrowed a friend's copy of Welcome to the Dungeon a couple weeks back, and my family has played it about a dozen times since then. It takes about a half an hour with four. This little game is FANTASTIC. It is also sold out most places and going for 3x MSRP on Amazon. Annoyingly Coolstuff doesn't have it available on their site, but they are offering them on Amazon. It is a simple filler type game with a push your luck mechanic that really really works.

On the Euro front I'm completely enamored with New Amsterdam. This one is a Euro set on Manhattan Island. Essentially you are playing a business interest that is expanding the city and trading with the Indians. This game features a fairly tense auction. Each player gets one bid(or one Pass) for a set of available actions. If you price it wrong, you lose those actions that you really want to an opponent or you over pay and lose resources in a very tight game. The game play is really very simple, but it looked a little intimidating before we played it. This one could topple LeHavre as my group's favorite mid/heavy euro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I just played Thunder Alley solo to learn the rules before coercing some people to play tomorrow and I can see why people like it. thats a very cool game.

I really like this game, but I've only gotten it to the table two or three times in the past year. I WANT to play, but just never have the right mix of players. Some of my friends and family hate race games, which is a shame because this game has so much more going on.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #2873
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Pathfinder is a great one, although since it's a campaign, you'll want to have your whole group together every time you play. Later scenarios become a bitch if you bring underpowered characters to the table.

I don't know if Forbidden Island is coop, but Forbidden Desert is, and that's a good one. It's pretty light, but it plays quickly and does have some strategy to it. Again, that's Forbidden Desert, though. I can't speak to Forbidden Island.

I assume the firefighting game is Flash Point, which is a really good game, but I find it to be a little hard to keep up with all the cascading events that happen after every turn. I played it with its designer at DragonCon last year, and he's a really nice guy. What's funny is that he forgot about some of the cascading events after some turns, too!

Both Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert are coop games. They both have a very similar premise but slightly different mechanics. That being said, you don't need both, and the one you play first is likely to be the one you like best because the other one will seem too similar. Island is slightly easier to setup and learn, if that makes any difference.

Pandemic is another coop game we've enjoyed.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #2874
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Thanks, fellas!

Some of my favorites:

Arkham Horror
Eldritch Horror
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Pandemic
Defenders of the Realm
Space Alert
Ghost Stories

I've had Flashpoint on my Amazon wishlist for a while now.

I actually forgot about Arkham and Eldritch Horrors (I like Eldritch better because its quicker), Pandemic and SotM (although I've never gotten a complete game of it in). Flash Point is the firefighting game.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #2875
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

Agree on the campaign aspect. We've just played the first scenarios B/C/1 as standalone in RotRL, but with S&S I am setting up six characters that the group will use for the campaign. My intent is to have people play whatever of the six they want to in a given session, so that I don't need the same people all the time and they get some variety in play types.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #2876
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

I love this game, but it has a little too much downtime for a couple of people in our group so its not hitting the table right now. To be honest, some people (including me) suffer from a little bit of AP (although I am working on it).
Old 07-11-2015, 10:46 AM   #2877
tarcone
Coordinator

If there is any interest in a vassal game of thunder alley I can set it up. We can play live over Skype or you can play PBEM with Dropbox.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #2878
Flasch186
Coordinator

Yes!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:36 PM   #2879
RainRaven
High School JV

Have played lately some more Mage Knight and Lord of the Rings Card Game. Two great solo games that are new experiences each time.

I have also lately been playing two boardgames online that have functionality to be played on iPhone and iPad. Brass and Castles of Burgandy are two excellent euro style games. If you like the industrial Revolution or fief building then you would enjoy.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #2880
ShaneTheMaster
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainRaven View Post
Have played lately some more Mage Knight and Lord of the Rings Card Game. Two great solo games that are new experiences each time.

I have also lately been playing two boardgames online that have functionality to be played on iPhone and iPad. Brass and Castles of Burgandy are two excellent euro style games. If you like the industrial Revolution or fief building then you would enjoy.

Mage Knight is my favorite game period. Won my first game with the expansion the others day.
Ex-GM, Cincinatti Bengals, (Replicated NFL)
Ex-GM, Tampa Bay Surge, (WLAF)
ShaneTheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:02 PM   #2881
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
I love this game, but it has a little too much downtime for a couple of people in our group so its not hitting the table right now. To be honest, some people (including me) suffer from a little bit of AP (although I am working on it).

What we did in Our Formula De league to better simulate racing, you had 30 seconds to take the dice, roll, and move to better simulate a race. If you did not, the next player got to move your car. You could do something similar here.

Our rationale is part of what differentiates drivers is not always making the best move, but making the worst move less.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:40 PM   #2882
Galaril
Pro Starter

Just in case anyone is interested. I got a bunch of games up for sale but might be able to trade some if anyone had a game I am looking for. What I got on the trading or resell block:

War of the Rings (new in shrink wrap)
Pandemic
Small World
Race for the Galaxy
Race for the Galaxy expansion Gathering Storm (new shrinked)
Castle Panic
B-29 Superfortess (solo game)
Red White and Blue racing with laminated 2000s great drivers set.

Last edited by Galaril : 07-13-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:31 AM   #2883
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
What we did in Our Formula De league to better simulate racing, you had 30 seconds to take the dice, roll, and move to better simulate a race. If you did not, the next player got to move your car. You could do something similar here.

Our rationale is part of what differentiates drivers is not always making the best move, but making the worst move less.

We've talked about something like this for Eclipse and some other games but have yet to implement it. I think for a racing game it would fit right in - the quick decisions.

We did get Pathfinder to the table - 6 player game and lost, so 0-2 for this game so far.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #2884
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Just in case anyone is interested. I got a bunch of games up for sale but might be able to trade some if anyone had a game I am looking for. What I got on the block:

Quartermaster General (new)
Quartermaster General Kickstarter Expansion Air Marshal (new shrink)
War of the Rings (new in shrink wrap)
Pandemic
Small World
Race for the Galaxy
Race for the Galaxy expansion Gathering Storm (new shrinked)
Castle Panic
B-29 Superfortess (solo game)
Red White and Blue racing with laminated 2000s great drivers set.

I'd be interested in RWBR. Sent you another PM.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #2885
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
On top of my current wishlist (in no particular order) are 1st & Goal, Spyfall, Tragedy Looper and Coyote.
With Tragedy Looper on the way, this whole quartet will soon be in my possession.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #2886
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Speaking of 1st & Goal, my first play through was a little bit underwhelming. It felt kind of rock-paper-scissors like in the run vs. pass department. It did kind of resemble a football game though. Due to time constraints I had to stop at half time, but I suppose the second half plays just like the first half?
Old 07-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #2887
APC
Mascot

I picked up Carcassonne the other day and my wife and I are addicted. We're board game newbies and Pandemic was our first venture. Loved that one, so gave Carcassonne a try and now there's no turning back!

She was worried about playing a competitive game because I like to be an ass whenever I win, but so far she's beat me in four of the five games we've played. Next step is to take a crack at the game w/ farmers.

Wish us luck.
APC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #2888
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by APC View Post
I picked up Carcassonne the other day and my wife and I are addicted. We're board game newbies and Pandemic was our first venture. Loved that one, so gave Carcassonne a try and now there's no turning back!

She was worried about playing a competitive game because I like to be an ass whenever I win, but so far she's beat me in four of the five games we've played. Next step is to take a crack at the game w/ farmers.

Wish us luck.

That's awesome, Carcassonne was a gateway game for me too!
Old 07-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #2889
APC
Mascot

I'm wondering if I could get her into a sports game. She's a big football fan.....
Old 07-29-2015, 09:08 AM   #2890
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Wish us luck.

Great choices thus far!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #2891
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
I'm wondering if I could get her into a sports game. She's a big football fan.....

Perhaps give Second Season a try. Simple mechanics, but enough strategy that you aren't just rock paper scissoring it.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #2892
ColtCrazy
College Starter

A friend of mine has a weekend con every year when his wife goes away for a girls reunion weekend. So while she's shopping, he's playing board games. Got to play a lot of new titles:

Mare Nostrum - I backed the Kickstart on this and now I'm glad I did. Played the older version. Tons of fun. You control an ancient civ around the Med. You build trade routes, cities, armies...and just for s&g you can throw in mythical creatures and gods. great fun.

Forbidden Stars - I know nothing about the Warhammer universe, but wow this game was fun. The game sets up randomly each time as player rotate placing the worlds together. Control planets, build forces, have fleets, and go for your objectives for VPs. Might have been the best game I played over the weekend.

Warrior Knights - A good game, but I wouldn't pick it over the others. Does have some neat game play mechanics for controlling the church or knowledge. Battles were a bit odd to me.

Clash of Cultures - It's Civ on a board. Barbarians. Research. Armies. Buildings. Wonders. It's all there. Just an amazingly fun game.

Overall, a great weekend.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:30 PM   #2893
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Clash of Cultures - It's Civ on a board.

Isn't Civ "Civ on a board"?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:35 PM   #2894
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
A friend of mine has a weekend con every year when his wife goes away for a girls reunion weekend. So while she's shopping, he's playing board games. Got to play a lot of new titles:

Mare Nostrum - I backed the Kickstart on this and now I'm glad I did. Played the older version. Tons of fun. You control an ancient civ around the Med. You build trade routes, cities, armies...and just for s&g you can throw in mythical creatures and gods. great fun.

Forbidden Stars - I know nothing about the Warhammer universe, but wow this game was fun. The game sets up randomly each time as player rotate placing the worlds together. Control planets, build forces, have fleets, and go for your objectives for VPs. Might have been the best game I played over the weekend.

Warrior Knights - A good game, but I wouldn't pick it over the others. Does have some neat game play mechanics for controlling the church or knowledge. Battles were a bit odd to me.

Clash of Cultures - It's Civ on a board. Barbarians. Research. Armies. Buildings. Wonders. It's all there. Just an amazingly fun game.

Overall, a great weekend.

The big issue with Clash is the 4-5 hour playing time.:-)
Old 07-31-2015, 02:18 PM   #2895
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I'm looking forward to playing this one with the various architects, designers and artists in my various gaming groups.

New York 1901 review - Board Game Brawl | The Dice Tower
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #2896
APC
Mascot

Quote:
Perhaps give Second Season a try. Simple mechanics, but enough strategy that you aren't just rock paper scissoring it.

About how long does a 2-player game of Second Season take?
Old 07-31-2015, 08:54 PM   #2897
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
About how long does a 2-player game of Second Season take?

With the newest version with fast play result cards it is an hour to 1 and 30 minutes sending on stats kept. I think 60-75 minutes is very doable and it is quite honest the best football game especially is playing solo. Check out our fellow board member here Padresfans Hands-on Games YouTube site where hedid some great reviews a while back on their.

Hands-On: Second Season Football (2015 Edition) - YouTube

Last edited by Galaril : 07-31-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:55 PM   #2898
ColtCrazy
College Starter

What Galaril said. If you just want to play head to head and stats aren't important, then 60 minutes top. The new book is a must. Really speeds up the game.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:03 PM   #2899
tarcone
Coordinator

I forgot to post about my play of Cityfight: Modern Combat in the Urban Environment.

Great game. Hard to believe it is from 1979. Great design.

Me and a friend sat down. We cracked open the rule book and went "Uh-oh."
But it has three levels of rules. We started with the basic. Which wasn't real difficult.
It uses a double blind system. Think Battleship. There are 2 maps that are the same. We set up an. Axis and Allies box cover to block our view. You set your counters up and play.
There are basic things to do that cost action points. They are move/sight, move/move, sight/fire or pass.
You call out a sector and if the opponent is in the open they are sighted. If they are in cove, a building or woods, there is a dice roll with modifiers and a table to consult.

Firing is basic. Add you guys up, roll 2 dice and check the table.

The scenarios are awesome. And you can make your own. They vary from a riot in London to the soviets moving into a town in W Germany, to more recent urban battles.

The more advanced rules have vertical sightings. Some buildings are up to 4 stories high. And floor to floor battles in buildings.

This was a great get. We are planning on another game on Tuesday using the more advanced rules. The 2nd level. Not the advanced rules.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:11 AM   #2900
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Isn't Civ "Civ on a board"?
That heavily depends on which one you are talking about. Several companies have tried to make a 'Civ the board game'. The one that I played had more resemblance of rock-paper-scissors with dice than it had of Sid Meier's computer game.