Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2003, 04:39 PM   #1
DaleReeck
n00b

Injuries in FOF4

Great game, it does a lot of things well and very emersive, but something has to be done about injuries in FOF 4. I just finished a season with 6 guys on IR due to long term injuries. On average, I have 5 or 6 guys out total due to injuries each game.

I know injuries can screw up a team in the real NFL, but this is ridiculous. Its not just one bad injury season here or there, its every season. One game, I had 17 players "out" because of injuries, including food poisoning. Food poisoning, are you kidding me? I spend more time than I can count managing rosters because of injuries. I live in Buffalo and when I see the real Bills injury report, its usually maybe one guy out, sometimes two and a few probables, questionables etc. On "my" Bills roster, I have a minimum of usually 4 or 5 out and a bunch of probables and questionables - 10 or more names and that's average. Sometimes its more. As I said, sometimes you have that bad injury season in the real NFL, but with FOF 4, its every year. I want a football sim, not an "ER" sim.

Hopefully, the next patch will address this because, IMO, it needs to be addressed.

DaleReeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:43 PM   #2
Buzzbee
College Starter

In the Global Options there is an injury slider that you can use to adjust the injuries to your liking.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There is not an injury frequency setting if he is really talking about FOF4 (although I suspect that was a typo/error)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #4
DaleReeck
n00b

Doh! I missed that little injury box. I looked too, but I must have brain farted
DaleReeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 10:12 AM   #5
Yossarian
High School Varsity

This one comes up now and again.

I don't have figures handy, and I'm not inclined to go look it up but I think its a misconception that FOF2004 / 4 has too many serious injuries.

Sure, if you look at the weakly injury report from a given NFL team, it doesn't look 'that' bad but thats only half of it.

Guys stop getting mentioned after a few weeks.

If you look at an NFL team on a week by week basis and you REALLY look at the injuries, I believe FOF2004/4 is pretty close.

there are 'hunners' of guys out for the season just now
HUNNERS.

Last edited by Yossarian : 12-14-2003 at 10:14 AM.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote