Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #3901
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I didn;t mention it in thread at all, because I was hoping they'd miss that, but if they destroyed the plant,I figured they won that next day due to dehydration.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #3902
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, who was the Slayer?

Old 06-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #3903
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Oh, who was the Slayer?
No Slayer. Figured with the Security HQ option not to mention all the Security Personnel available the Spawn were already restricted plenty.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #3904
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The starting roles were:
Duplicant
Avenger
Light Sleeper
Empathic
Vigilante
Absolute Trust
Unevolved Spawn
Absolute Trust
Gut Feeling
Spawn Queen
Light Sleeper
Psychic
Spawn Aware
Incorruptible
Incorruptible
Vigilante
Miracle Worker
Scrying Spawn
Absolute Trust
Miracle Worker
Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #3905
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One more question, what happened on Night Zero, if anything?

Old 06-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #3906
hoopsguy
General Manager

So what happend on the Autumn/Dubb double-night kill thing? Wondering how that played out, in terms of dice roll to get that outcome.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #3907
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So what happend on the Autumn/Dubb double-night kill thing? Wondering how that played out, in terms of dice roll to get that outcome.
Pretty straightforward actually. They both attacked each other, they both got rolls that enabled them to kill each other, so they both died. I explained earlier (as this is in the rules) how attacking works.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #3908
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
One more question, what happened on Night Zero, if anything?
Nothing this game. Really just wanted to let people get comfortable in their roles.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #3909
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Pretty straightforward actually. They both attacked each other, they both got rolls that enabled them to kill each other, so they both died. I explained earlier (as this is in the rules) how attacking works.

OK, I didn't realize that the attacks would be processed simultaneously ... thought one of them would get priority over the other and have their attack succeed/fail accordingly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #3910
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, I didn't realize that the attacks would be processed simultaneously ... thought one of them would get priority over the other and have their attack succeed/fail accordingly.
This case was easy since they were attacking each other. It would have been different if Player A attacks Player B and player C attacks Player A. I have an order of attacks written down from one of the earlier spawn games (spawn 2 I think) but honestly don't remember what it is and didn't have to dig it up this game.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-29-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #3911
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA - dubb would have only wounded Autumn is Autumn had the phaser.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #3912
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

dubb would also have not done anything to autumn if we had just lynched him instead of screwing around and trading a 2 for 1.

other than the time that hoops admitted to being a wolf and then convinced everyone not to lynch him because he would tell us another wolf the next day, not lynching dubb might be the worst play i have ever been a part of.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #3913
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

If one of the two people that the spawn detector was looking at were spawn, would it have said which one specifically was spawn or just that 1 of the 2 were spawn?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #3914
britrock88
Pro Starter

BK said that it'd be specific.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #3915
Zinto
College Starter

Thanks BK for running this game it was fun.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #3916
Zinto
College Starter

Congrats Brit and Danny on pulling this out. I thought for sure Danny was going to attack the water supply and I thought he missed his chance to win the game after not doing so.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #3917
Zinto
College Starter

So after you guys killed the doctors I figured we should have probably been trying to spread out our attacks and killing people more frequently since the CoT was growing every day without us doing much to try and muddle information.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #3918
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Congrats Brit and Danny on pulling this out. I thought for sure Danny was going to attack the water supply and I thought he missed his chance to win the game after not doing so.

Just trying to add drama. I think both Brit and I missed that actually
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #3919
Danny
Head Coach

Honestly though, that would have been a much lamer way to win
Old 06-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #3920
Zinto
College Starter

We did get really lucky on rolls for kills late in the game and we got pretty lucky throughout I think. We got lucky that for some reason it was decided not to lynch Dubb but instead to lynch Danny who figured I was a spawn(I assumed by his posts) and who couldn't pass out guns because of it giving us a kill on Autumn by Dubb. Then we got lucky that after I was not on at all that the vote moved from me to Simbo. The reason we were lucky from A Simbo kill instead of me is that Danny was pushing hard for Brit to be scanned the next day. This allowed me to switch our conversion last minute from Sal to Danny since I knew he would have built up a lot of trust if Brit was found to be a wolf. Then I took the Doctors out of the equation for the day so that Brit would not be scanned. Oh yeah we also got lucky that I used a bed and Shiggles got exhausted because of it.

tl;dr:

We got lucky!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #3921
Zinto
College Starter

Oh and I never want Danny to say: I am not a good wolf again. You played your few days of being a wolf great.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #3922
Zinto
College Starter

Oh and we also got lucky that Dubb was not cured after being scanned. Really really lucky about that I think.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #3923
Zinto
College Starter

And you played a really good villager game Danny which is another reason I converted you. I was feeling really bad about our chances at that point(if I was feeling better I would have EF gloated the last day I was alive) and I wanted you to lose
Old 06-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #3924
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Only if you cherry picked the last day, I don't remember you contributing much toward finding the other spawn. I'm not trying to be mean, but I think it's very unfair to jag to cherry pick one wrong move when he did more to help the survivors then any other survivor.

he's the captain, he's supposed to do more
Old 06-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #3925
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thanks again BK!!

+1
Old 06-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #3926
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh and I never want Danny to say: I am not a good wolf again. You played your few days of being a wolf great.

I just say that so you guys don't kill me! I usually mean it more in regards to when people thing I am doing some crazy wolf move. I like to keep it simple when I am a wolf because I don't think I could pull off crazy stuff. Thankfully it's not really necessary
Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #3927
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just trying to add drama. I think both Brit and I missed that actually

Yeah. Once I was toast, I left the thread, and only came back to read the end-of-day summary. Then I saw that the water plant was sitting there, everyone was dehydrated, there were no phasers, no security personnel. But, of course, it was too late to tell Danny by that point. So I told Barkeep so that I didn't accidentally spoil it somewhere else on the forum.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #3928
britrock88
Pro Starter

I was REALLY glad that I read Spawn 1 when I was assigned to the Spawn. I was able to be helpful in the thread and in pointing out what the Spawn could do on that side of things in our conversations. Zinto's commandeering of the away team, though, was all him. Such a great move.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #3929
britrock88
Pro Starter

"That side of things" being the ship and public work and whatnot.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #3930
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We did get really lucky on rolls for kills late in the game and we got pretty lucky throughout I think. We got lucky that for some reason it was decided not to lynch Dubb but instead to lynch Danny who figured I was a spawn(I assumed by his posts) and who couldn't pass out guns because of it giving us a kill on Autumn by Dubb. Then we got lucky that after I was not on at all that the vote moved from me to Simbo. The reason we were lucky from A Simbo kill instead of me is that Danny was pushing hard for Brit to be scanned the next day. This allowed me to switch our conversion last minute from Sal to Danny since I knew he would have built up a lot of trust if Brit was found to be a wolf. Then I took the Doctors out of the equation for the day so that Brit would not be scanned. Oh yeah we also got lucky that I used a bed and Shiggles got exhausted because of it.

tl;dr:

We got lucky!

Well, but you guys had terrible luck that no one got mutated from environmental exposure. Even one conversion from that would've been a significant help for you. Plus you really made a great move to get almost all our key personnel sent out on that away mission and that wasn't lucky, that was you making a skillful play. Killed almost a full day for us, though luckily you were the queen so we at least didn't have to sweat spawnling attacks after that.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #3931
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Didn't I say to execute Danny? Didn't I?

That's what you gys get for not listening to the Dark Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #3932
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
And even though it doesn't seem like it, Brit was starting spawn and I was converted. I was actually upset at first cause I was having such a great villager game

You were having a great villager game, I'm glad they converted you. Spawn FTW!
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #3933
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I was REALLY glad that I read Spawn 1 when I was assigned to the Spawn. I was able to be helpful in the thread and in pointing out what the Spawn could do on that side of things in our conversations. Zinto's commandeering of the away team, though, was all him. Such a great move.

Loved that play by Zinto, but you played an excellent game while I was still around, brit. I'm glad we ended up pulling it out.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #3934
Shiggles
Mascot

Thanks for the game BK! quite a first run if i do say so :-)
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #3935
britrock88
Pro Starter

Yeah, Shiggles, you had a great game, caught onto all 3 of the starting Spawn very early.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #3936
Shiggles
Mascot

lol if it werent for the bed fiasco, id have been golden, if not killed the next night ;-)
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #3937
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

This was the real killer. I hate to complain, but I actually felt it was unfair that the phasers didn't get passed out, when to all appearances that was a real time order that had already occurred in thread. I would never have made that move if I realized I didn't have a phaser, but I don't think I was informed of that fact before I submitted my night action. I had a great time, and it was an awesome game, so I'm not going to nitpick, but that really seemed like a shocker.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #3938
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
other than the time that hoops admitted to being a wolf and then convinced everyone not to lynch him because he would tell us another wolf the next day, not lynching dubb might be the worst play i have ever been a part of.

I think that's some pretty ridiculous hyperbole myself. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't make that play, as it turns out all the rules worked against me (dubb evolving in time to attack, the phasers being a post-lynch action). I should have kept it simple and kept my mouth quiet.

HOWEVER, it in fact did turn out to be very valuable to have that vote history. I believe it led us right to Simbo, and that may not have happened with a slam dunk runaway vote. And if we had voted better on that day we could have caught another Spawn. Danny's death could have happened any day. We lost me, but caught Simbo, and got rid of Dubb. Not a bad deal. Certainly not the worst day ever.

I think it would have helped to have me around to keep planning work, to be honest. But to also be honest I was spending way too much time every day doing that and it's probably best for me, my business and my bank account that I died.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #3939
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Except for voting me, yes he was

I have to say I was rather surprised you turned up good. I'd have to go back and see what it was, but I was very sure you were bad. I think you were just approaching the tasks from the exact opposite direction I thought was good, or something. I never vote you out early without some good reason, but I thought you were just reeking Spawn juices. So, sorry about that. Especially since it got me killed.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #3940
Autumn
Head Coach

BK, definitely one of the very best WW games I've been in. It was a great balance of task stuff and werewolf. I really appreciate you putting all this time in, I know it must have been huge to run. but it was definitely worth it to me.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #3941
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think that's some pretty ridiculous hyperbole myself. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't make that play, as it turns out all the rules worked against me (dubb evolving in time to attack, the phasers being a post-lynch action). I should have kept it simple and kept my mouth quiet.

HOWEVER, it in fact did turn out to be very valuable to have that vote history. I believe it led us right to Simbo, and that may not have happened with a slam dunk runaway vote. And if we had voted better on that day we could have caught another Spawn. Danny's death could have happened any day. We lost me, but caught Simbo, and got rid of Dubb. Not a bad deal. Certainly not the worst day ever.

I think it would have helped to have me around to keep planning work, to be honest. But to also be honest I was spending way too much time every day doing that and it's probably best for me, my business and my bank account that I died.

I think I actually had my vote on dubb, what got me was not doing work. After showing up late (and this time it was a for realz forgot about the game) I knew I would be on a lot of radars, so I thought my best course of action would be to make myself look as bad as possible and play up that hoops or one of the other engineers was trying to frame me. Only taking 3 slaves (Like I was told to ) might have been the nail in the coffin, but even if I survived that day it was only a matter of time before people stopped buying my brand. If Crimson had called for me to repair anything but the medical facilities I probably would have faked it.

It's funny, LSG was the one who started the run on me because the power stations were attacked while I was in there. I was actually thinking of wounding myself that night to try and make it seem like I was the victim in the attack, but we came to the conclusion that that was a bit too far since we were attacking 3 seperate buildings that night. In retrospect, might've kept me around another day- but you guys were pretty much on to Zinto and myself by that point.

I was also worried when Britrock had convinced everyone to move to the mid-level research because the high level research was only 33-50% done, and it ended up getting completed that night because the captain ordered the other scientist to keep on it. I followed along sporadically after my death and I don't think that was even mentioned.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #3942
britrock88
Pro Starter

I was very, very glad that there were no public details about that research. I'm not even sure how many APs each level of research took to complete, because I was faking a good portion of them. That said, I had to do some research to be updated on its progress, and I thought it was important to be able to communicate the progress to the crew in abstract terms in order to avoid suspicion. So there was an interesting balance I had to try to strike there.

I did like that it gave me an excuse to be up every night to cover for any Spawn role-induced exhaustion, though.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #3943
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
I was also worried when Britrock had convinced everyone to move to the mid-level research because the high level research was only 33-50% done, and it ended up getting completed that night because the captain ordered the other scientist to keep on it. I followed along sporadically after my death and I don't think that was even mentioned.

FWIW, I did think this was odd at the time, but I put it down as GE getting a 'good research roll'. It didn't seem like the type of thing Britrock could fake since there was presumably another scientist getting what I would have expected to be the same notification that he was.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #3944
britrock88
Pro Starter

It helped that Schmidty was absent, and to a lesser degree that GE was quiet in the thread. I worked more often once he came aboard.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:14 PM   #3945
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I just re-read this for fun (and because I was bored) and now I'm sad I'll never get to run Spawn V cause I've thought of some fun stuff. I'm glad I got to be a part of FOFC community and the FOFC Werewolf sub-community for all the years I was.