Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Fight On! An NCAA 2011 Dynasty (restarted on 8/7/10)

I'm using the community rosters from OS with a few tweaks (they had Brett Kan rated too high for example and had Dillon Baxter with a 40 for arm strength and accuracy like any other running back. Also, I got rid of Byron Moore who is no longer with the Trojans and added DJ Morgan (but he will be redshirted in my universe just like he probably will be in real life.)

Sliders: I'm trying Silent Natures 3.1 All-American sliders from OS. This is very open for change. Oh yeah, I'm modifying a few of the settings as I think he goes too low on QB accuracy and too high on WR catching among other things.

QTR Length: 8 minutes

Auto-turbo is on so the turbo button won't do anything except for QB's scrambling.

I'll generally just control a DL on defense. No house rules on offense.

Recruiting will be set to All-American for now.

Oh and before you ask Bug, no sanctions in this universe But, as I mentioned I've kicked off the Byron Moore since he is no longer with the team. Furthermore, all other transfer players had already been removed by the OS guys.

Now, for a look at the roster:

Edit: I've decided to re-start using a modified form of Jistic's sliders for all games. More importantly, I want to take advantage of the tuner set which makes some important changes for the better to recruiting.

The Roster post still is valid. But drop down to post 20 or so for the new dynasty.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-07-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The 2 deep roster:

QB: SO Barkley (86 - powerful arm, good but not great accuracy), RS SR Mustain (78 - Stronger arm but less accurate)

HB: RS SR Allen Bradford (89 - Strong inside runner), FR Baxter (79 - there are other backs more deserving but I'm in love with his big play ability not to mention the Wildhorse potential.)

FB: RS SR Havili (92 - Can do it all), RS FR Hunter Simmons (72)

WR (our strongest position I think): SR Ronald Johnson (94 - not our most explosive receiver, but he is our most well rounded receiver), RS SO Brice Butler (87 - will have a hard time holding off Prater and Woods), RS JR David Ausberry (86 - possession receiver but needs to separate better, may drop out of the rotation fast), FR Kyle Prater (80 - spectacular catching ability, great size, deceptive speed. Could start by the end of the year.) Woods and Ambles are both rated 79 as True Freshman and will push for PT...

TE (due to NCAA Roster limitations, we are missing 2 of USC's true freshman TE's): JR Blake Ayles (88 - most well rounded), RS JR Rhett Ellison (79 - may not hold off Xavier Grimble for long.) FR Xavier Grimble is the most physically gifted but he needs to learn the college game.

LT: RS SO Matt Kalil (86 - Without Seantrel here, he is the undisputed starter), RS FR Kevin Graf (75 - has a lot of work to do.)

LG: RS SR Butch Lewis (90 - Best pass blocker on the line), RS SR Zack Heberer (will start at RG, 86.)

C: SR Kristopher O'Dowd (96 - leader of the line), RS JR Michael Reardon (77)

RG: Heberer (86), FR Giovanni Di Paolo (70 - I'd like to redshirt him but lack of depth will prevent that.)

RT: JR Tyron Smith (88), RS JR Martin Coleman (83)

LE: JR Armond Armstead (88 - nasty physical pass rusher), RS FR Kevin Greene (83 - good raw talent.)

RE: RS SO Nick Perry (93 - Great pass rusher, should shine with the opportunity to start), Greene

DT: SR RS Christian Tupou (90 - hurt in real life but since the game won't let me medically redshirt him, he'll stay healthy and start in this universe), JR Jurrell Casey (88 - great talent), RS JR Hebron Fangupo (79), George Uko (70 - I think the game underrated him but I left it.)

LOLB: SO Devon Kennard (81 - will probably start at MLB for the Trojans but in this universe his best position is LOLB), RS SR Michael Morgan (80 - will play plenty)

MLB: RS JR Chris Galippo (90 - if he can stay healthy, he should be a beast), Kennard

ROLB: SR Malcom Smith (85), Morgan

CB: Missing a key freshman in Robey on this roster, but so be it. SR RS Shareece Wright is expected to be great this year in real life and the roster makers gave him a 95 (which EA did too), JR T.J. Bryant (90 - probably a bit overrated, but I'll take it.) RS FR Torin Harris (81 - a bit underrated probably but it balances out.)

FS: JR Drew McAllister (85 - clear leader at the position), RS FR Patrick Hall (75 - coming back from an injury that may have robbed him of explosion.. we'll see.)

SS: TJ McDonald (82 - great bloodlines - big hitter), SO Jawanza Starling (76 - two sport athlete has great athletic ability but needs to learn the position better.)

K: SR Jacob Harfman (81)

P: RS SO Bobby Der will barely win this job (80)

KR: Tough decision here. I couldn't leave Gable out in the cold, so he will get a shot at it. TJ Bryant earns the other spot.

PR: Dillon Baxter is so good at this in real life that I just had to give him the role in this game. Ronald Johnson may also get some.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With all of this talent, the fans expect a BCS Title and a Pac-10 Title this year.

The only 2 players on the roster I'm redshirting are Jesse Scroggins and D.J. Morgan.

A look at some of the initial recruits that I'll pursue:

#1 player in the country OLB Ryan Martin from Garfield, NJ. We are in his top 10, but we'll be battling Ohio State and Penn State for him.

#139 player in the country - QB Ryan Sanders from San Diego, CA (#1 QB in CA) We are his #1 choice. Oregon and UCLA are his other top 2 schools.

#1 HB in the country and #1 HB in CA Kellen Smith - a 6'0 212 back with speed and we are his top choice. He is from Yorba Linda, CA.

#3 FB in the country (#1 in CA) Tim King who is 5'10 220 and is a blocking back. Tenn, UGA, and USC are his top 3.

#1 WR Simon Watkins from Seguin, TX. Texas and LSU are his top 2 choices. He is lower priority with our receiver class from last year...

#1 TE in the country Mitch Cook from North Plainfield, NJ. PSU, UF, and Alabama are his top 3.

#8 T John Johnson from Camarillo, CA. He is 6'5 285 and is a 4 star prospect.

#1 T Justin Sims from Chester, SC. His top 3 are Alabama, UF, and LSU.

#3 G Brian Green from Norwalk, CA.

#5 G A.J. Wright from Poway, CA.

#1 C Mario Hills from Duncanville, TX. His top 3 are Texas, LSU, and UF.

#1 DE Brad Hill from Atlanta. His top 3 are UGA, Bama, and UF.

#4 DT Antonio Johnson from Oceanside, CA. His top 3 are Oregon, USC, and Boise.

#5 DT Eric Johnson from San Bruno, CA. We are his top choice. Michigan and OSU round out the top 3.

#9 OLB Suan Walker from Redlands, CA.

#4 MLB James Vincent from Poydras, LA.

#1 CB Adam Brownson from Henderson, NV. His top 3 are Oregon, Nebraska, and Boise.

#8 CB Bryan Arnold from Sea-Tac, WA. His top 3 are Oregon, Boise, and USC.

#2 FS Calvin Reyes from Youngstown, OH. His top 3 are Ohio State, UF, and Oklahoma.

#1 SS Tramon Bowling from Katy, TX. His top 3 are Texas, OU, and Bama.

#1 P Elvis Brown from Upper Arlington, OH. His top 3 are Ohio State, Michigan, and LSU.

#6 Athlete Paul woods from Inglewood, CA. His top 3 are USC, UCLA, and Oregon.

#1 Kicker Steve Lee from Senatobia, MS. His top 3 are LSU, Bama, and UF. He is a 3 star player.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I also decide to redshirt SS Dion Bailey.

1st week of recruiting:

QB Ryan Sanders committed immediately after being offered!

He is the only player who commits early.

Our first game is at Hawaii. We are heavy favorites against them with a huge talent advantage. I'll play that tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's pouring in Hawaii today. We need to concentrate on Greg Salas. It will be Shareece's job to shut him down.

We start off forcing a 3 and out, but it gets ugly after that as Barkley sails a ball over Ronald's head for a pick. They use the short field to get a TD. We miss a short FG at the end of our next drive and they get another TD just before the 1st quarter is over. They lead 13-0 at the end of 1.

With a minute left in the half, Barkley finds Prater on a fade to the back of the endzone for their first TD together. We go into the half down 13-7.

T.J. Bryant returns the kickoff to start the 2nd half for a TD, but it gets called back on a hold.

Disaster on the 3rd play of the drive as Barkley gets hit while throwing it and throws a terrible pass for a pick.

Our defense holds them to a short FG despite the return having brought them inside the 10.

Woods catches a 12 yard pass for a TD to make it a 16-14 game with 2:30 to go in the quarter.

We force a 3 and out and then Dillon Baxter with a nice little return to give us the ball at midfield. Baxter with 3 straight solid runs to get us inside the 20. We end the drive with a 9 yard TD pass to Ausberry who lept above the defender to snag it.

At the end of 3, we lead 21-16.

Barkley sprained his foot on the TD throw, but I'm keeping him in the game.

With 5:40 left in the game, they go for it on 4th and goal from the 1.. they run a rare running play for a TD. They are going for 2... and a pass to the right side of the endzone for the 2 point conversion. Down 24-21.

With just over 3 minutes to go, Barkley finds Woods for a 5 yard TD pass on an underneath cross. We lead 28-24.

On 3rd and 11, Bradley makes his 2nd amazing catch of the game - this time for a 33 yard gain.

2 plays later a 28 yard TD pass to Tinoco puts Hawaii back ahead, 31-28. 1:49 to go...

A 24 yard pass to Prater to keep the drive going on 3rd and 9.

A 15 yard run by Bradford to pick up a 1st on 2nd and 9.

A 18 yard pass to Ayles.

A 19 yard pass to Ronald Johnson for the go ahead TD with 40 seconds left. We lead 35-31.

On 4th and 10, we get our 3rd sack of the game (all by Tupou.)

Barkley takes two knees to end it.

We escape with a 35-31 win. Barkley was the player of the game.

Barkley: 23 of 33 for 262 yards with 5 TD's and 2 INT. He was sacked 1 time.

Shane Austin was 14 of 20 for 132 yards and TD's before he got hurt.

Bryant Moniz was 13 of 23 for 186 yards and a TD. Moniz was sacked 3 times.

Bradford had 17 carries for 75 yards with a long of 25.

Dillon Baxter had 8 for 82 yards with a long of 38.

Alex Green ran it 5 times for 17 yards and a TD.

Robert Woods had 4 catches for 44 yards and 2 TD's.

Ronald Johnson had 4 catches for 30 yards and a TD.

Prater with 3 catches for 35 yards and a TD.

Ayles with 3 catches for 35 yards.

Rodney Bradley torched us with 13 catches for 180 yards.

Shareece held Salas to 4 catches for 44 yards. Alex Green had 4 catches for 45 yards and a TD.

Torin Harris was the one getting torched the most. He led the team with 10 tackles.

Tupou had a big ame with 7 tackles, 4 for a loss, and 3 sacks.

Wright had 3 passes defended as did Torin.

Baxter with 3 punt returns for 20 yards.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Recruiting News:

We lost out on several players who decided to commit elsewhere:

Athlete Paul Woods chose to go to UCLA

HB Michael Thompson chose LSU, Top LB Ryan Martin chose Penn State, and #1 DE Brad Hill committed to Georgia.

We open up our home schedule with a game against Virginia. We are heavy favorites. Hopefully, we can play like it this week...
Old 07-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We force a 3 and out to start the game.

We cap off an efficient drive with a 4 yard TD run by Bradford. The key play was a 25 yard pass to Prater.

Bradford suffered a minor abdominal injury on the run but will remain in the game.

We lead 7-0 at the end of 1 and we are driving down the field.

Early in the 2nd quarter, Prater catches a simple short pass, breaks a tackle, and takes it 28 yards for a TD. We lead 14-0.

Midway through the 2nd, Brice Butler hurts his hamstring and is out for the rest of the game.

A few plays later, Prater (who has moved into the #2 slot) catches a 26 yard pass for a TD. We lead 21-0.

Bradford runs it in to end the half. We lead 28-0 and we get the ball back to start the 2nd half.

Barkley with a 6 yard scramble for a TD to end the first drive of the 2nd half. We are dominating like I thought we would last game. 35-0.

A 50 yard pass to Ronald Johnson to end the 3rd quarter with us on their 1.

Bradford gets his 3rd TD of the game to start the 4th. We lead 42-0.

Midway through the 4th, Barkley to Ausberry for a 9 yard TD on 3rd and goal from the 9. We lead 49-0.

With 3:30 left, Casey recovers a fumble. I bring in the 2nd team offense.

I let Mustain air it out one play and he connects with Ausberry for a 25 yard TD. We lead 56-0.

We win the game 56-0.

Barkley was the player of the game again.

Barkley was 21 of 27 for 393 yards with 3 TD's 0 INT's. He was sacked twice.

Mustain was 2 of 3 for 40 yards and a TD.

Marc Verica was 17 of 28 for 167 yards and an INT.

Bradford with 20 carries for 93 yards and 3 TD's.

Baxter with 7 carries for 48 yards including a 31 yard run.

Perry Jones had 10 carries for 45 yards.

Torrey Mack had 8 runs for 19 yards.

Ronald Johnson had 4 catches for 129 yards.

Prater had 6 catches for 112 yards and 2 TD's.

Ausberry with 3 catches for 62 yards and 2 TD's.

Woods with 2 catches for 33 yards. Butler with 2 catches for 59 yards. Ayles with 2 catches for 45 yards.

Jared Green led them with 4 catches for 59 yards.

Nick Perry led the team with 7 tackles, 1 for a loss.

TJ Bryant had our first inception of the year.

Shareece defended 3 passes.

Dom Joseph led them with 8 tackles. Cam Johnson and Nick Jenkins each had a sack.

Dillon with 4 punt returns for 22 yards.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nothing new in recruiting this week. Our next game is at Minnesota and they should provide our stoutest challenge yet.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Defense dominated the first quarter as Barkley threw one terrible pass that was picked off and another that was a good pass but a better play by their cornerback. We also knocked out their HB in the 1st quarter with a sprained elbow.

At the end of 1, we get stopped inside the 10 and settle for a FG. Tied at 3.

With 3 minutes left in the half, Barkley gets knocked out of the game by a vicious hit. We are still tied at 3. He completed a pass for 28 yards on the play. He comes back 2 plays later - just a knee bruise. Harfman misses a 41 yard FG wide left. Still tied at 3.

With 49 seconds left they go for it on 4th and 3 from our 39 and we get the stop.

19 yard pass to Ausberry. 21 yard pass to Rojo. 21 yard pass to Allen Bradford for the TD! 10-3 with 20 seconds left in the half.

Halftime: We lead 10-3. We get the ball to start the 2nd half.

First play of the 2nd half, PA pass.. Ronald Johnson is open by 15 yards but Barkley overthrows him

With 4:26 left in the 3rd, Xavier Grimble has a diving catch in the back of the endzone on a PA Goal Line pass. We lead 17-3.

A 43 yard FG with 2 minutes left in the 3rd makes it 17-6.

1st play of our next drive, Barkley throws his 3rd pick of the game and they have a very short field..

2 plays later their QB passes to the TE for a Td. 17-13.

TJ Bryant returns the ensuing kickoff for a TD!!! 24-13.

We get the ball right back with a 3 and out.

We are up 24-13 and driving at the end of 3.

1st play of the 4th, their CB goes for a pick.. barely misses it and Butler gets a 43 yard TD out of the miscue. 31-13 lead.

They beat the blitz on 3rd and 11 for a 29 yard TD pass. 31-21 after they pass for a 2 point conversion. 5:30 left.

Torin Harris is out for the rest of the game with a rib injury.

Both defenses control the game the last few minutes until they fail to convert 4th and 10 with 1:30 to go on our 18.

A few plays later Dillon Baxter scores his first TD as a Trojan from 4 yards out. We lead 38-21.

Their returner fumbles the kickoff and Woods picks it up and runs it in for a TD. 45-21.

We win the game 45-21.

TJ Bryant is the player of the game. That was Minnesota's first loss. We are now 3-0.

Barkley was 17 of 26 for 250 yards with 3 TD's 3 INT's and 2 sacks.

Adam Weber was 15 of 38 for 165 yards and 2 TD's. We sacked him 4 times.

Bradford with 16 runs for 64 yards.

Baxter with 7 runs for 31 yards including a long of 16.

Deleon Eskridge with 9 for 43 yards. Duane Bennett with 7 for 32 yards.

Rojo with 4 catches for 57 yards. Ausberry with 3 for 42 yards. Butler with 1 for 43 yards and a TD.

Da'Jon McKnight with 5 catches for 88 yards anda TD.

Galippo led us with 8 tackles, 2 for a loss, 2 sacks.

Casey also had 2 sacks.

DL Wilhite had 2 sacks for them. Keanon Cooper, Michael Carter, and Kim Royston each had 1 interception.

Baxter with 5 punt returns for 41 yards.

TJ with 3 kickoff returns for 129 yards and a TD.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our bye week went well. We have 10 guys coming to visit for our Pac-10 Opener against Washington and we expect a couple more commits soon. We'll also be unleashing the Wild Trojan that we've been working on ever since Dillon Baxter stepped on campus. Washington is also 3-0 and 19th in the polls behind the strong play of Jake Locker.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-17-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Washington started moving the ball well, but just after they got across midfield, Locker overthrew his WR and it went right into Torin Harris' hands and he took it to the house for 6.

The next drive Locker drives them down the field before Torin Harris makes a spectacular pick in the endzone.

We barely make a 46 yard FG. Inches over the bar. We lead 10-0 late in the 1st.

After forcing a short series, Bradford breaks a long run for a TD! 17-0. 61 yard run for Bradford. We are putting on a show for the recruits.

No more points until late in the 2nd quarter as Locker leads them on a TD drive. Locker to Goodwin for a 4 yard TD pass. That drive was 17 plays for 96 yards and it used up a large portion of the quarter.

Halftime: We lead 17-7. We get the ball to start the 2nd half.

First play of the 2nd half, we call the Wild Bax.. and he runs it for 24 yards.. but it gets called back for holding.

We go 3 and out.

Locker hits Goodwin for a long bomb.. but Bryant catches back up and knocks the ball loose.. McDonald falls on it inside the 5.

It's still 17-7 as we enter the 4th quarter. We are driving. We get inside the 20 before Barkley gets hit as he is throwing and throws a lame duck to their safety for the pick.

Barkley throws another pick inside the 20 on our next drive, but our defense is holding up well.

Bradford pounds it in on our last drive of the game to give us a definitive lead with a minute left.

Not the great show I was expecting after the 1st quarter, but we win the game 24-7. Hopefully, our recruits were happy enough with that performance.

Allen Bradford was the player of the game with 18 carries for 150 yards and 2 TD's.

Barkley's worst game of the year: 10 of 26 for 144 yards with 0 TD's and 3 INT's. He was sacked twice.

Locker was 20 of 33 for 201 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT's. He was sacked once.

Bradford with 18 carries for 150 yards and 2 TD's with a long of 61.

Baxter with 4 carries for 11 yards.

Polk had 21 rushes for 92 yards. Locker with 3 rushes for 8 yards.

Rojo with 5 catches for 110 yards. Ayles with 2 catches for 26 yards. Need more Prater (and Woods.)

Goodwin had 4 catches for 83 yards and a TD.

Tupou with 8 tackles, 1 for a loss.

Armstead had our only sack.

Torin Harris with 2 INT's.

Jordan Wallace with 6 tackles and an INT for Washington. Nat Williams and and Nate Fellner had the other picks.

Dillon with 4 punt returns for 31 yards.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It was a very good weekend. All of the recruits had a good time and we got 4 commits!

We filled a real need with 4 star FB Tim King from National City, CA. He is a 5'10 220 pound blocking specialist who has good speed and mobility.

We got the #1 HB in the nation as 6'0 212 pound 5 star RB Kellen Smith from Yorba Linda, CA made a verbal commit. He has A speed with B+ acceleration and agility. He also has excellent elusiveness and stamina. His catching needs work.

We also got the #5 DT in the nation and #1 in CA. Eric Johnson is a 4 star player from San Bruno, CA. He is 6'6 293 and is balanced DT.

Finally, we got the #9 OLB and #1 OLB in CA, Shaun Walker. He is a 4 star player. He is 6'2 223 and is from LBS Redlands, CA. He is a run stuffer with excellent mobility but he needs to work on his coverage abilities.

We lost the #1 kicker from Senatobia, MS who chose LSU. We'll go with a walk-on kicker this year.

We also lost the #4 MLB from Poydras, LA as he also signed with LSU.

Furthermore, 4 of the recruits we had in this past weekend are all very close to making a firm commitment to us.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today we host a 4-1 Stanford team that should provide our toughest challenge of the year, but our team is fired up and looking for revenge for last year.

Luck starts off the game hot until he throws a pick to Galippo in the redzone.

We run the ball 3 times successfully for a 1st. 2 plays later, on 3rd and 10, Barkley finds Rojo on a deep post for a 69 yard TD! 7-0.

Luck finishes a methodical drive with a 7 yard strike to Ryan Whalen. Tied at 7 late in the 1st.

Our next drive, Barkley to Ayles and he leaps a man! He takes it 48 yards for a TD... but it is called back for a clipping. We are on the 23.

A few plays later Barkley to Ayles for a 5 yard TD. 14-7.

Whalen with an amazing catch in the back of the endzone for a 20 yard TD. Tied at 14.

With 10 seconds left, Bradford runs it in from 4 yards out. We'll go into the half up 21-14 and we get the ball back.

Late in the 3rd quarter, Barkley to Havili for a 9 yard TD pass. We lead 28-14. Dillon Baxter and Bradford dominated on the ground on this drive.

Early in the 4th, Barkley is victimized by a great pick by their corner. 3 plays later, Shareece Wright makes a great play to get him the ball back.

With 5 minutes left, Baxter takes a screen pass for 14 yards and a TD! 35-14.

On 3rd and 10 Barkley finds Prater for a 69 yard TD! We lead 42-14.

We win the game 42-14.

Barkley is the player of the game.

Barkley was 17 of 26 for 270 yards with 5 TD's and 1 INT. He was sacked 0 times.

Luck was 14 of 23 for 208 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. He was sacked 1 time.

Bradford with 20 rushes for 86 yards and a TD.

Baxter with 4 for 23 yards.

Gable with 1 for 10 yards.

Jeremy Stewart with 23 rushes for 102 yards for Stanford.

Baxter with 5 catches for 24 yards and a TD. Ayles with 4 catches for 50 yards and a TD. Havili with 4 catches for 45 yards and a TD. Rojo with 2 catches for 73 yards and a TD. Prater with 1 catch for 69 yards and a TD.

Griff Whalen with 4 catches for 78 yards. Ryan Whalen with 3 catches for 58 yards and 2 TD's.

Tupou with 8 tackles, 2 for a loss, and 1 sack.

Galippo and Wright each had a pick.

Baxter with 3 punt returns for 21 yards.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We got 4 commits today including 1 that was close to going to UCLA:

5 star OLB Ben Wynn is the #2 OLB in the nation. He is from Wheaton, IL. He is 6'1 223 and is a strong tackler.

4 star T John Johnson from Camarillo, CA is the #8 Tackle in the nation and #1 in CA. He is 6'5 285 and is a well balanced player.

4 star G A.J. Wright turned from UCLA to USC. He is from Poway, CA. He is a well balanced guard who is 6'0 275. He is #1 G in CA.

4 star DT Antonio Johnson is the #4 DT in the nation. He is 6'7 290 and is a strong pass rusher. He is from Oceanside, CA.

A bunch of recruits committed elsewhere:

5 star OLB Anthony Williams from Georgia committed to UGA.

5 star FS Calvin Reyes from Youngstown OH committed to Ohio State.

5 star SS Tramon Bowling from Katy, TX committed to TX.

4 star G Brian Green from Norwalk, CA committed to Oregon.

5 star Juco Athlete Paul Ray from Alabama committed to Alabama.

5 star C Mario Hills from Texas committed to TX. So did 5 star Athlete Leon Corbett from Campo, TX.

5 star TE Mitch Cook from NJ committed to Penn State.

5 star T Michael Smith from Illinois committed to ND.

5 star Athlete Ron Jackson from Marietta, OH committed to Ohio State.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our rivalry game against Cal saw them to jump to a 14-0 lead on 2 interceptions by Barkley. But we battled back, and Barkley found Grimble for a 2 yard PA TD pass to give us a 21-20 lead at the half.

Bryant takes the 2nd half kickoff the distance to give us a 8 point lead.

After a rough 1st half, Barkley leads a very good drive that ends in a 18 yard strike to Brice Butler. We lead 35-23 at the end of 3.

Barkley's 4th pick of the game gives them a short field to make it a 35-30 game with 4 minutes to go.

With 2 minutes left, Baxter scores on a 19 yard scamper to put us ahead 42-30.

With 46 left, Riley connects for another TD. A few seconds later, Cal recovers an onside kick!

Our defense holds and we win the game 42-37 as the game ends on a sack by Nick Perry.

Bryant is the player of the game.

Barkley was 17 of 35 for 199 yards with 2 TD's and 4 INT's.

Riley was 22 of 44 for 311 yards with 4 TD's and 1 INT.

Bradford with 17 carries for 75 yards and a TD.

Baxter with 6 for 35 yards and a TD.

Shane Vereen with 15 carries for 68 yards and a TD.

Rojo with 4 catches for 76 yards.

Butler with 3 for 38 yards anda TD.

Ian Albrecht with 6 catches for 59 yards and a TD.

Jarrett Sparks with 5 catches for 108 yards and a TD.

Jeremy Ross with 3 catches for 44 yards and 2 TD's.

Galippo with 8 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Wes Horton, Nick Perry, and Malcolm Smith each had a sack.

Shareece Wright had our only interception.

4 different Cal players each had 1 pick.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We got a new commit today as 4 star CB Bryan Arnold from Seattle, WA committed to USC. He is a 6'1 182 pound player with quality coverage abilities and good speed.

Our next week is a bye and we don't get any more commits. The class is filling up.

Our next game is a big one hosting #18 Oregon (6-1)
Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was using SN's sliders that gave a great challenge most games, but I find them too slanted towards the CPU. I should be handling some of these teams easier than I am. I'm going with Jistic's sliders for the rest of the season as I've been playing around with them and really like them.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-31-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our defense holds them to a 3 and out and we drive to the 27 before having to settle for an opening FG. We lead 3-0.

A 30 yard FG late in the first ties it at 3.

With a little over 5 minutes left in the half, Prater catches a fade in the back of the endzone for a 12 yard TD! 10-3.

With 2:40 left, Barkley tries to throw and gets hit and their DE picks it off and takes it the distance for a TD! 10-10.

3 plays later, Bradford gets perfect blocking to spring him for a 40 yard TD run! 17-10.

We get the ball back with a minute left on our 20.

Barkley leads a brilliant 2 minute drive ending in a 8 yard TD pass to Prater with 4 seconds left in the half. We go up 24-10 and we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

With 3 minutes left in the 3rd, Baxter ends a long patient drive with a 3 yard TD run off left tackle. We lead 31-10.

Later in the 3rd quarter, Bradford fumbles after getting clocked and their safety picks it up and runs it 46 yards for a TD. Bradford was hurt on the play. We lead 31-17.

At the end of 3, we are up 31-17.

We get stopped, but a great punt starts them on their 3.

On 2nd and 12, Jurrell Casey with the penetration for a safety on the run attempt!

With about 2 minutes left, Oregon puts together a quick strike drive. We lead 33-23 after they fail to complete the 2 point conversion.

Ausberry recovers their onside attempt.

35 seconds left, Grimble with an amazing leap for a TD catch on 3rd and goal from the 3. We lead 40-23.

We win the game 40-23.

We had our last 2 recruits at the game. Hopefully, they liked what they saw.

We are now 7-0. Oregon drops to 6-2.

Barkley: 24 of 36 for 250 yards with 3 TD's 1 INT. He was sacked twice.

Costa: 15 of 23 for 225 yards with 1 TD 0 INT. He was sacked 4 times.

Bradford with 21 carries for 109 yards and a TD.

Baxter with 8 for 46 yards and a TD.

LaMichael James had 8 carries for 14 yards.

Tuinei had 2 carries for 7 yards.

Ayles led us with 5 catches for 62 yards.

Prater with 4 catches for 53 yards and 2 TD"s.

Butler with 4 catches for 55 yards. Rojo with 3 catches for 10 yards.

LaVasier Tuinei led them with 4 catches for 73 yards and a TD. Brandon Williams with 4 for 66 yards.

Galippo led the team with 7 tackles. Armstead had 4 tackles for a loss. Tupou had 2 sacks. Zac Clark had their only pick.

Baxter with 3 punt returns for 35 yards.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is hosting 3-5 ASU. We should be able to handle them easily.

Wow. They start the game by hitting a 54 yard FG. 3-0 lead.

We have to settle for a 23 yard FG on our first drive as Woods drops a TD catch in the endzone.

On 3rd and 10, we go with an exotic zone blitz and it confuses their QB who throws it right at T.J. Bryant for a pick 6. We lead 10-3.

After we get a 3 and out, perfect blocking on our first play turns into a 76 yard TD run by Bradford! 17-3.

Late in the 1st quarter, Barkley shakes off a sack attempt but throws a terrible pass that turns into a pick 6. 17-10.

Their QB throws his 2nd pick of the day to Torin Harris to give us a short field.

With 5:30 left in the half, Baxter finishes off a drive with a 3 yard TD run. We lead 24-10.

Barkley overthrows a wide open Woods in the back of the endzone. We settle for a 26 yard FG. 27-10 late in the 1st.

They miss a FG as the half expires. We lead 27-10 and get the ball back for the 2nd half.

Early in the 3rd quarter, Tupou knocks their QB out of the game.

Late in the 3rd, Baxter runs it in from the 1 to make it 34-10.

We win the game 34-10.

Bradford was the player of the game.

Barkley was 19 of 32 for 256 yards with 0 TD and 1 INT. He was sacked 1 time.

Steven Threet was 13 of 23 for 130 yards and 2 INT's before he was hurt.

Brock Osweiler was 3 of 11 for 13 yards. They were each sacked twice.

Bradford with 22 carries for 184 yards and a TD.

Baxter with 6 carries for 12 yards and 2 TD's.

Cameron Marshall with 7 carries for 21 yards. James Morrison with 4 for 10 yards.

Butler with 4 catches for 55 yards. Ayles with 4 for 66 yards. Rojo with 4 for 55 yards. Prater with 3 for 40 yards. Havili with 2 for 33 yards.

Aaron Pifugrad led them with 5 catches for 60 yards.

Burfict led them with 10 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Galippo led us with 8 tackles. Armstead with 6 tackles, 2 for a loss. Greene, Perry, Wright, and Smith all had 1 sack.

Bryant and Harris each had a pick.

Baxter with 4 punt returns for 17 yards. We are now 8-0.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Tim Johnson, the #2 athlete in CA and #13 in the nation just signed with us. The 4 star 6'0 190 lb athlete chose us over Cal and Stanford. We'll give him a look at both offense and defense when he arrives on campus to decide where to put him.

Our next game is at 4-5 Arizona which shouldn't be too challenging. In fact, none of the teams remaining on our schedule have a winning record. I'll play Arizona tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This marks the re-start of this dynasty to take advantage of the tuner set that makes important changes to recruiting.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #22
MrBug708
Head Coach

What sort of changes?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
What sort of changes?

Roster management seems considerably better based on some tests I ran.. teams do a better job of not stockpiling too many positions leading to deficits at others. Also, incoming freshman are somewhat better rated so that there can be some true superstars in the universe down the road.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-07-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Time to finally get this dynasty going. The 2 deep is a bit different as I'm using Roman Caesar's rosters, but all of the main players are the same. Let's get it going with recruiting...

We got 2 instant commits before the Hawaii game!

Kory Reid is a 4 star player who is the #1 QB in CA and the #4 overall in the nation. He is a 5'11 185 mobile QB with excellent mobility and a strong but inaccurate arm.

J.J Pearson is a 4 star player who is the #4 WR in the nation and top WR in Hawaii. He has tremendous acceleration and excellent hands, but needs a lot of work on his route running.

Now, it is time to put on a show against Hawaii.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, Jordan Cameron will get the start at TE in this universe (and I suspect in reality for the Trojans.)

1st play of the game Brian Baucham with an acrobatic pick 6!

Hawaii's passing game responds well with a 8 play 78 yard drive that ties it at 7 early in the 1st.

Our 1st play is a bomb from Barkley to Rojo! 2 plays later Barkley is knocked out of the game with a shoulder injury. We settle for a 21 yard FG to make it 10-7.

We are up 10-7 at the end of the 1st quarter, but we are driving. Barkley's shoulder looks fine.

The drive ends with a 12 yard pass to Ayles in a 2 TE set. We lead 17-7 early in the 2nd quarter.

Late in the 2nd quarter, Bradford hurts his shoulder and will be out the rest of the game. Dillon Baxter takes advantage with a few nice runs including a 2 yard TD run to put us up 24-10 just before the half ends.

Hawaii stops us on our first drive and gets a FG to keep it a game, 24-13 early in the 3rd.

A long drive by us ends when a pass gets deflected up into the air and their linebacker is able to make a pick.

At the end of 3, we are up 24-13 and we are driving into their territory.

The drive ends with a 14 yard TD pass to Brice Butler early in the 4th. We lead 31-13, but Barkley got drilled on the play... He's hurt bad!

Marc Tyler with a 1 yard TD run late in the 4th. We lead 38-13. Mustain looked good on that drive. Our training staff believes he is going to need to start at least a few games...

Nick Perry picks up a fumble and takes it 18 yards for a TD. We lead 45-13.

We win the game 45-13. Nice season opener.

Barkley was 14 of 22 for 254 yards with 2 TD's and 1 INT before he got hurt.

Mustain was 3 of 3 for 39 yards.

Bryant Moniz was 28 of 49 for 369 yards with 1 TD 1 INT.

Bradford with 11 carries for 46 yards.

Baxter with 13 carries for 76 yards and a TD.

Alex Green with 6 carries for 9 yards.

Ronald Johnson with 5 catches for 143 yards.

Havili with 4 catches for 39 yards.

Butler with 2 catches for 46 yards and 1 TD.

Hawaii's Rodney Bradley with 11 catches for 143 yards and a TD.

Torin Harris led the team with 8 tackles. DaJohn Harris, Casey, Armstead, and Perry each had 1 sack.

Baucham with 1 interception.

SS Mana Silva had 14 tackles for Hawaii.

Shareece Wright had 1 punt return for 8 yards.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Barkley has a back injury and will miss about 7 weeks

This is Mustain's team now.

No new commits this week in recruiting. The team is ready to rally around Mustain for the Virginia game.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Virginia starts the game with a 49 yard FG to make it 3-0.

T.J. Bryant with a fumble on the kickoff to give them the short field.

They take advantage and pound it in from the 1 after just 6 plays. We are down 10-0 early.

Mitch leads us efficiently down the field on a 10 play 61 yard drive that ends in a spectacular 4 yard run by Dillon Baxter in which he spun out of a defender's grasp. 10-7 at the end of 1.

Our defense gets them into 3rd and 27 from their 8 thanks to a holding call, and a sack. Shareece Wright gets a pick 6 as he jumps an out route. We lead 14-10.

They respond with a long drive but we stop them inside the 10. We are up 14-13 with 2:20 left in the half.

1st play of our drive, Bradford breaks 2 tackles and runs it strong up the sideline for a 71 yard TD run!! 21-13.

We force a quick 3 and out and get the ball back with a minute.

Havili fumbles the ball going for extra yardage. They get it on the 40.

They go for it on 4th and 10 from our 40 and Perry gets a sack. We get the ball back near midfield with 30 seconds left..

Mustain with a few bad passes and we don't do anything.

With 10 seconds left, they connect on a screen pass to their HB that goes for 40 yards.. they get the ball out of bounds with 1 second left and kick the FG.

We are up 21-16. We will get the ball to start the 2nd half.

RoJo catches a short pass and turns it into a 50 yard gain to get us inside their 10. 2 plays later Dillon runs it in from the 2. 28-16.

Mustain leads us down the field again our next possession and Baxter with another TD run, this time a 7 yard run. We lead 34-16 after we miss the XP.

They put together a 11 play 76 yard drive that ends in a 9 yard TD run by Jones. 34-24 after they run it in for 2.

After an incomplete pass by Baxter, Baxter has a dazzling run in which he jukes one guy, spins away from another and takes it down the sideline for a 31 yard TD! 41-24.

On 3rd and 10, we sack the QB, he fumbles it, and Demetrius Wright picks it up and takes it 67 yards for a TD. 48-24.

We get a defensive stop and we just exclusively run the ball and run the clock out.

We win the game 48-24.

Mustain finished 9 of 13 for 158 yards. 0 TD, 0 INT, 0 sack.

Marc Verica finished 29 of 44 for 249 yards with 1 INT.

Bradford with 16 carries for 135 yards and a TD.

Baxter with 10 carries for 67 yards and 4 TD's.

Virginia's Perry Jones with 18 carries for 72 yards and 2 TD's.

Butler with 3 catches for 66 yards. RoJo with 1 catch for 53 yards.

Virginia's Kris Burd with 6 catches for 70 yards.

Galippo led the team with 10 tackles.

Wes Horton had 1 sack, Perry had a sack.

Wright had the only interception.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are heavily favored at Minnesota.

Minnesota starts off a good drive that gets stopped when we stuff them on 4th and 2 on our 35.

3 plays later, Mustain hits Rojo for a 61 yard TD pass! 7-0.

After getting a defensive stop, we put together 9 play 47 yard drive that ends in a 8 yard TD pass to Ayles. 14-0 late in the 1st.

Late in the 1st, Shareece Wright with his second pick 6 of the year. We lead 21-0 as the 1st ends.

A fumble by their HB on 3rd and 4 gives us a short field to score again... but 2 sacks push us out of FG range. We punt and the punt is bad and ends up bouncing into the endzone.

They get inside our 35 before going for it on 4th and 1 and our defense stuffs the run.

Mustain makes a really bad throw that is picked off by their linebacker at their 37.

We force a 3 and out including a sack by Casey on 3rd and 10.

Mustain leads a great 2 minute drive that ends in a beautiful pass and catch from Mustain to Bradford for a 18 yard TD.

We lead 28-0 at half and we get the ball back.

Our 1st drive is just a bad drive and Rojo fumbles on the 2nd. We are going more conservative now.

Minnesota with a touchdown drive to end the 3rd. 28-7. Time to open up the offense again.

Early in the 4th, Allen Bradford suffers an ankle injury.. it doesn't look good!

We put together a long drive that ends in a 36 yard FG. 31-7 with 3 minutes to go.

We win the game 31-7.

Mustain was 14 of 24 for 208 yards with 3 TD's 1 INT. He was sacked twice.

Weber was 25 of 39 for 250 yards with 1 TD 1 INT. He was sacked 4 times.

Bradford with 16 carries for 80 yards. Baxter with 6 for 23 yards.

Duane Bennett with 12 for 32 yards.

Rojo with 5 catches for 94 yards and a TD.

Brandon Green with 8 catches for 90 yards and a TD.

Galippo with 13 tackles, 4 for a loss, 1 sack.

Dajohn Harris, Malcolm Smith, Casey, and Kevin Greene all had sacks as well.

Wright had the only interception for us. He also had 3 punt returns for 31 yards.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We have a big group of prospects visiting for our home conference opener against Washington.

We'll have to beat them without Bradford who has a high ankle sprain and will miss 3-5 weeks. Baxter will get the start with Tyler also rotating in quite a bit.

They are starting Keith Price due to a sprained MCL on Locker!

They come out very conservative with 8 straight runs before passing it. We stop them before they cross midfield.

Mustain with a bad pick gives them a short field.

Our defense holds on the short field and we only give up a FG. 3-0.

Our first play of the next drive is a HB pass by Dillon, but he throws it short and it is picked off by their safety.

We have a quiet 1st quarter. Down 3-0.

In the 2nd quarter, we come out 5 wide and start slinging it down the field. It ends in a 12 yard TD pass to Rojo! 7-3.

After getting a defensive stop, we put together another strong passing drive that ends in a 14 yard TD pass to Prater. 14-3.

With 30 seconds left in the half, they hit a 42 yard FG. 14-6.

We drive to the 50 and try a hail mary, but the half ends at 14-6.

We get the ball to start the 3rd.

We drive inside the 30, but Mustain underthrows a ball and their corner, Trufant, picks it off.

Torin Harris gets a pick thanks to Shareece Wright putting pressure on their QB with a blitz. He takes it to the house! 21-6.

They fumble the kickoff and McAllister recovers it to give us a short field.

Mustain with a 9 yard scramble for a TD! 28-6.

T.J. Bryant with a pick 6 on a simple out pattern to make it 35-6 as the 3rd ends.

Mustain with a bomb to Prater for a 50 yard TD to start the 4th. Take that Sark! 42-6.

Baxter fumbles on the goal line to end our last drive of the game.

We win 42-6. A nice impressive win. Their freshman QB really hurt them today.

Mustain was 16 of 21 for 296 yards with 3 TD's and 2 INT's. He was sacked twice.

Keith Price was 17 of 36 for 190 yards with 3 INT's.

Baxter with 21 carries for 117 yards.

Tyler with 2 carries for 2 yards.

Polk had 20 rushes for 72 yards.

Prater with 3 catches for 86 yards and 2 TD's.

RoJo with 3 catches for 33 yards and a TD. Prater has earned a promotion to starting WR.

James Johnson had 4 catches for 55 yards to lead Washington.

Galippo with 12 tackles, 4 for a loss.

Casey with 10 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Torin Harris, Bryant, and Wright each had a pick.

Wright with 4 punt returns for 48 yards.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We got a strong verbal after the game from Adam Johnson. He is the #7 OLB in the nation from Vacaville, CA. He is 6'3 207 and is a 4 star player. He chose USC over Penn State and LSU. He is a very good tackler with decent speed and agility.

We have about 8 guys who are very close to committing to USC after their visit. Hopefully, we can seal the deal over the next week or two.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It is a rare rainy day at the coliseum today as we take on 3-2 Stanford.

Stanford opens the game with a long methodical drive ending in a Luck TD pass to Fleener TD for 18 yards.

We respond with a quick strike drive that ends in a 1 yard TD run by Dillon Baxter.

We are tied at 7 at the end of 1 as they punt back to us.

Baxter with an absolutely sick 63 yard run in which he broke 2 defender's ankles, followed by a 17 yard scramble by Mustain for a TD. 14-7.

We force a 3 and out to get it right back. Mustain ends a promising drive with a pick.

With 45 seconds left in the half, we settle for a 38 yard FG. 17-7.

We start off the 1st play of the 2nd half with a perfect long bomb to Ronald Johnson who takes it 80 yards for a TD! 23-7 as the XP is missed.

After a quick defensive stop, we march down the field ending in a 1 yard TD run by Baxter. Baxter runs it in for 2. 31-7.

Screw Stanford. Mustain hits Johnson for a long TD late in the 3rd. 38-7. Now, we'll let up.

Baxter ends the 3rd quarter with another amazing run in which he breaks the legs of 2 more defenders!! 45-7. 80 yard TD for Baxter.

We sub in 2nd team offense and defense.

Stanford moves the ball much more easily against our 2nd unit and they end with a 12 yard TD pass by Luck. 45-14.

John Manoogian into the game.

We run the ball almost exclusively and work most of the clock down before missing a 40 yard FG.

We win the game 45-14.

Mustain was 13 of 16 for 219 yards with 2 TD's and 1 INT.

Luck was 17 of 24 for 148 yards and 2 TD's 0 INT's.

Baxter was the player of the game and he just secured himself the starting job... 13 carries for 247 yards and 3 TD's.

Tyler with 10 carries for 31 yards in mop up duty. Mustain with 4 carries for 50 yards and a Td. Gable with 1 carry for 5 yards.

Jeremy Stewart with 20 carries for 99 yards. Stepfan Taylor with 5 for 13 yards.

Ronald Johnson with 5 catches for 134 yards and 2 TD's.

Havili with 4 catches for 24 yards. Prater with 2 catches for 44 yards.

Ryan Whalen with 6 catches for 65 yards.

Nick Perry with 6 tackles, 4 for a loss, and 2 sacks was the defensive player of the game.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After the game, we get 6 committments!

5 star DE Alan Walker is the #1 DE in the nation. He is from Glendale, CA and is 6'5 227. I expect him to put on weight and be a great pass rusher.

5 star SS Derrick Sanchez is from Caldwell, ID. He is the #2 SS in the nation. He is a fearsome hitter at 6'1 209. He also has excellent mobility and strong zone coverage abilities. He should be ready to contribute early.

5 star T David Davis is from Rialto, CA. He is the #4 tackle in the nation. He is 6'6 273 and is a better pass blocker at this point. Great movement out of him.

4 star T Andy Malone is 6'4 325 and is from Wheaton-Glenmont MD. He si the #5 tackle in the nation. He is also a better pass blocker at this point.

4 star G Sean Bailey is 6'6 272 and is from Galveston, TX. He is the #8 guard in the nation. He is a well balanced guard who should be ready to play early. Great accleration and movement.

4 star DE Johnson Shawn Johnson is the #8 DE in the nation. He is from Sparks, NV. He is 6'4 254. He is an excellent speed rusher.

We did lose out on our top FB prospect, who chose LSU. We also lost on a top LB who chose Florida.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, we host 2-3 Cal which has been hit hard by injuries.

The first play of their 2nd drive, Riley is under heavy pressure and makes a horrible throw right to Torin Harris who gets a pick 6. 7-0.

We knock Riley out of the game and abuse Beau Sweeney for a quick 3 and out. Galippo with the hit on Riley.

A big PA reception by Cameron who shakes a tackle and takes it 55 yards down the field before getting caught from behind. The drive ends with a 48 yard FG by Houston though as Mustain got sacked twice to put us in 3rd and 30.

Riley is back into the game and he converts a 3rd and 13 at the end of the quarter. 10-0 at the end of 1.

Cal puts together a strong methodical drive that ends in a 2 yard TD run by Vereen. 10-7 midway through the 2nd.

Baxter with a bad fumble while trying to make a man miss gives them a very short field. But 2 plays later, Vereen fumbles inside the 5 and McDonald picks it up!

2 plays later Ronald Johnson absolutely burns his man (open by at least 10 yards) and Mustain hits him in stride for a 92 yard TD!!! 17-7 lead.

At halftime, we lead 17-7. We get the ball to start the 2nd half.

We start off the half with a well controlled 11 play drive that ends in a 16 yard TD pass to Havili. 24-7.

After being stuffed all game, Baxter makes an incredible move to break a 72 yard TD run but Prater gets called for a clipping that pulls it back.

At the end of the 3rd, Shareece Wright fumbles on a punt return and they take it in for 6. 24-14. Wright just lost the PR job as I haven't been impressed with his returns anyway.

Baxter is starting to make some big runs now.

Mustain to Woods for a 31 yard TD on 3rd and 10. We lead 31-14 now.

Houston with another 48 yard FG midway through the 4th. 34-14. We put in both 2nd units.

We win the game 34-14. Barkley and Bradford may both be back for the next game. Only 1 of them will be starting if they are..

Mustain was 9 of 21 for 266 yards with 3 TD's 0 INT's. He was sacked 4 times.

Riley was 19 of 36 for 160 yards with 0 TD, 1 INT. He was sacked twice.

Baxter with 20 carries for 99 yards. Tyler with 7 for 26. Mustain with 4 for -18 yards.

Vereen with 12 for 34 yards. Covaughn Deboskie with 6 for 34 yards.

Ronald Johnson with 2 catches for 104 yards and a TD. Woods with 2 for 49 yards and a TD. Prater only had 1 catch for 8 yards.

Marvin Jones with 5 catches for 48 yards for Cal. Jeremy Ross with 5 for 33 yards.

Perry and Fangupo each had a sack.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After the game, we get a big committment, and I do mean big - The #1 TE in the nation gives us a firm verbal. Zach Young is 6'8 255 and is a 5 star player from Douglas, AZ. As might be expected, his strength is his powerful blocking but he has some good hands too.

We lost out on the #1 FS in the country who chose to stay in his home state and will attend Texas.

We also lost out on the #1 Tackle who will play for Ohio State.

We missed out on the #3 HB who will stay in his home state and play for Alabama.

We lost out on the #2 Guard who will leave Washington and go to Florida.

Now, for a bye week.

During the bye week, we get 2 more commitments:

Kyle Williams is the #6 Punter in the nation. We get him to come west from Florida.

We also get Sean Simpson, a 6'4 340 pound 4 star T. He is rated 17th overall at the position. Our staff thinks he is a powerful run blocker.

We lose out on the #1 WR in the nation who stays close to his home in Georgia and picks Florida.

We also miss out on our 2nd option at FB, the #2 FB who chooses Penn State.

The #1 MLB choses Georgia over us.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, we host 5-2 Oregon. Barkley will be back but Bradford will need 1 more week.

Defense dominates most of the 1st quarter, but we put together a 10 play 70 yard drive that ends in a 11 yard TD pass from Barkley to Robert Woods. 7-0 late in the 1st.

Oregon responds with a long drive, but we stop them on our 3 and then they miss the short FG.

We drive 85 yards before a Barkley fumble on a sack ends our drive.

Houston knocks in a 40 yard FG at the end of the half on our next drive. Both teams moved the ball well, but only a 10-0 score at the end of the half, defying the experts who predicted a high scoring game.

We get the ball to start the 2nd half and Gable with a nice kickoff return to get us to the 40.

Both defenses make stops in the 3rd until Barkley finds Rojo for a 12 yard TD pass late in the 3rd to make it 17-0.

Oregon with a quick strike drive that ends in a short 4 yard TD pass. 17-7.

We finish off the scoring with a 1 yard TD run by Baxter. 24-7.

We win the game 24-7. A very good game for our defense.

Barkley is the player of the game with 20 of 31 passing for 296 yards with 2 TD's.

Nate Costa was 17 of 27 for 194 yards and a TD.

Baxter with 24 carries for 105 yards anda TD. Tyler with 2 carries for 9 yards.

LaMichael James with 15 carries for 68 yards.

Ronald Johnson with 6 catches for 105 yards and a TD. Woods, working out of the slot, with 6 catches for 118 yards and a TD.

Lavasier Tuinei with 5 catches for 61 yards.

Nick Perry led the team with 7 tackles, 3 for a loss, 1 sack.

Casey Matthews led them with 11 tackles, 2 for a loss, 1 sack.

Shareece Wright with 3 passes defended.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We jump to a 14-0 lead against ASU in the 1st quarter (thanks in part to a pick by Wright) as they fail to complete a fake punt pass. However, the story of the 1st quarter is that Dillon Baxter's very promising season comes to an end with a torn biceps.

Late in the half, Chris Galippo with a huge pick 6 to put us up 21-0.

Later in the half, we knock out their starting QB, but their backup leads a very nice drive to get them inside the 10, but their HB fumbles it away. 3rd turnover of the day for them.

Barkley leads a great 2 minute drive that ends badly with a horrible pass for a pick. We are up 21-0 at the half, and we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Bradford with a 2 yard TD run to end our first drive of the 2nd half. 28-0.

They make it 28-7 late in the 3rd, but we answer with a drive that was mostly on the ground but ended with a 7 yard TD pass to Prater who dove to catch it. 35-7 early in the 4th.

The QB fumbles it on a sack and we bring in our 2nd teams.

We win the game 35-7.

Barkley was 22 of 29 for 336 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT.

Mustain was 0 of 2.

Osweiler was 7 of 11 for 120 yards with 2 INT's. Threet was 12 of 15 for 156 yards with 1 TD 0 INT's.

Baxter had 7 carries for 35 yards and a TD before his season was ended by that injury.

Bradford with 12 for 52 yards and a TD. Tyler with 14 for 71 yards.

Cameron Marshall with 16 carries for 64 yards.

Rojo with 6 catches for 75 yards. Woods with 4 catches for 98 yards. Prater with 1 catch for 8 yards and a TD. Butler with 2 catches for 32 yards and a TD.

Aaron Pflugrad with 7 catches for 47 yards. Gerell Robinson with 4 catches for 65 yards and a TD.

Jurrell Casey with 5 tackles, 3 for a loss. DaJohn Harris had our only sack. Shareece Wright and Galippo each with a pick.

(Forgot to post this earlier, but it was played this morning.)
Old 09-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today's game is at 5-4 Arizona which has struggled with their running game.

Our defense holds strong, but a fumble by Bradford ends our 1st drive. We put up a 37 yard FG with 1 minute left in the 1st. 3-0 lead.

1st play of the next drive, their HB, Nic Grisby, breaks off a 80 yard TD!

We put together a quick answer that ends with a 6 yard TD run by Bradford. 10-7.

Later in the 2nd quarter, Barkley connects with Woods for a 54 yard TD. 17-7.

Grigsby with another long run, but Wright tracks him down before he gets to the endzone. 2 big sacks stop that drive though and push them into a long FG attempt.. they miss from 52 yards out.

Barkley throws a long pick in the 2 minute drill, but their DB fumbles it. Next play, Barkley throws a very bad ball that is picked off again.

We are up 17-7 at the half and we get the ball.

Prater with a big catch and then he breaks a tackle by their safety and takes it the distance for a 51 yard TD. 24-7 early in the 3rd.

Prater with another TD reception midway through the 3rd. 31-7.

With 6 minutes left in the game, they make it 31-15 on a Grigsby TD run.

After 4 straight runs, Barkley goes over top to Rojo for a 61 yard TD to put this one out of reach. 38-15.

We sack their QB, he fumbles, and Perry picks it up and runs it in. 45-15.

2 plays later, their WR fumbles it. Mustain and the 2nd team in now.

Tyler with a 16 yard TD run to make it 52-15.

We win the game 52-15.

Barkley was 19 of 32 for 360 yards with 4 TD's 3 INT's.

Foles was 11 of 19 for 160 yards with 5 sacks.

Bradford with 18 carries for 134 yards and a TD. Tyler with 7 for 52 yards and a TD.

Grigsby with 18 for 184 yards and 2 TD's (long of 80 and another of 63.)

Rojo with 5 catches for 113 yards and a TD. Prater with 5 for 123 yards and 2 TD's. Woods with 2 for 63 yards and a TD.

Casey with 2 sacks and 4 tackles for a loss.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Almost a perfect 1st quarter for us against Oregon State as Bradford has busted 2 long runs and we are up 21-3 at the end of 1.

A fumble early in the 2nd quarter, sets us up with another short field and Barkley finds Rojo for Rojo's 2nd TD of the day (Barkley's 3rd.) 28-3.

The 2nd quarter is dominated by 2 long drives by them, 1 of which ends with a missed FG and one that ends in a TD. At the end of the half, we are up 28-10.

Midway through the 3rd, Barkley finds Ausberry on a lob for a 8 yard TD. 35-10.

Bradford with a 4 yard TD run to make it 42-10 late in the 3rd. The crowd is leaving disgusted today.

2nd units come on for us with a 42-10 lead and 6:27 to go as we get the ball back.

We win the game 42-10 as I run out the clock with 1 long drive where we finally take a knee on their 2.

Barkley was 10 of 17 for 127 yards with 4 TD's 0 INT's.

Mustain was 2 of 2 for 30 yards.

Ryan Katz was 19 of 29 for 206 yards.

Bradford with 12 carries for 186 yards and 2 TD's. Tyler with 15 for 74 yards.

Jacquiz Rodgers with 16 carries for 36 yards (after I bumped up CPU rushing for this game a bit, but there scheme didn't fool us today.)

Ronald Johnson with 5 catches for 71 yards and 2 TD's.

Ausberry with 3 catches for 45 yards and a TD.

Jordan Bishop with 8 catches for 88 yards and a TD.

Jurrell Casey with 8 tackles, 4 for a loss, 1 sack.

Shareece Wright had a 51 yard punt return and 5 for 100 yards on the day.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Notre Dame (6-5) at USC today (11-0.)

They start off with a strong drive that stalls inside the 5. Short FG to make it 3-0.

We respond with a 13 play 75 yard drive that uses up the rest of the 1st quarter and ends with a 2 yard TD pass to Havili. 7-3.

Shareece Wright with a nice pic on a pass intended for Michael Floyd to get us the ball in great field position. 3 plays later Bradford runs it in from the 1. 14-3.

ND catches us with a screen for a 18 yard TD pass to the HB. 14-10 early in the 2nd. They moved the ball very quickly.

Bradford catches a screen and turns it into a 6 yard TD late in the half. 21-10. ND gets the ball with 30 seconds left, but can't get into scoring range. We get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Rojo catches a 32 yard TD pass for his 10th of the year early in the 3rd quarter. 28-10. Unfortunately, Barkley was dinged up on the play as he got hit when he threw it. It doesn't look to see serious. He'll continue to play.

Armond Armstead with his 2nd sack of the day to end ND's 1st drive of the half with only a FG. 28-13.

2nd play of our next drive, Rojo catches a short pass and turns it into a 68 yard gain. 1 play later, Barkley to Rojo for a 5 yard TD. 35-13.

Jurrell Casey with a sack and strip. Armstead picks it up and runs it 28 yards for a TD. 42-13.

Crist to Goodman for a 23 yard TD to make it 42-20 late in the 3rd.

We miss a 47 yard FG midway through the 4th.

ND with a quick strike drive ending in a 21 yard TD pass to Jones. They get the 2 point conversion. 42-28 with 2:40 to go.

Woods gets the onside kick for us.

On 4th and 5 from our 37, we decide to go for it and Woods takes a short pass from Barkley and turns it into a 37 yard TD. 49-28.

We win the game 49-28.

Barkley is the player of the game: 19 of 24 for 334 yards and 5 TD's 0 INT's, sacked 1 time.

Bradford was shut down, 21 carries for 28 yards and a TD.

Tyler with 6 carries for 38 yards.

Rojo with 7 catches for 162 yards and 2 TD's.

Woods with 4 catches for 83 yards and a TD.

Bradford with 3 catches for 41 yards and a TD.

Havili with 2 catches for 8 yards and a TD.

Prater only 1 catch for 13 yards.

Galippo with 9 tackles. Armstead with 2 sacks. Wright with 1 interception.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We finish the regular season at (7-4) UCLA.

We get a defensive stop to start the game. However, 4 plays later, Barkley is sacked and fumbles it. Akeem Ayers picks it up and runs it in 45 yards for a TD. Down 7-0.

Barkley gets hit and knocked out of the game on the last play of the 1st half. Both defenses controlling the action. Still, a 7-0 game.

Barkley returns a few plays later and we are driving into Bruin territory.

First play back is a PA pass to Prater for a big gain to get us inside the 5.

Next play is a spectacular catch by Prater for a 4 yard TD. 7-7.

They put together a long methodical drive, but miss a 40 yard FG.

Barkley throws a pick around midfield on our drive, as he got hit just as he threw it. On the ensuing drive, the Bruins drive into range for a 32 yard FG with 59 seconds left in the half. Down 10-7 at the half.

We punt with 35 seconds left. 2 plays later, Prince throws a pick 6 right at Bryant! We lead 14-10!

We lead 14-10 at the half and we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Our first drive of the 2nd half ends with a 8 yard TD pass to Rojo. 21-10.

Defenses controlling the rest of the quarter. UCLA is driving into our red zone at the end of the 3rd. 21-10 still.

Our defense stops them on 4th and 1 on our 8.

2 plays later, Blake Ayles breaks off a long run after the catch and it turns into a 68 yard play.

3 plays later Tyler catches a screen pass and it is a 4 yard TD. 28-10.

2 minutes later, after UCLA failed to convert a 4th and 3 on their own 38, Bradford with a 3 yard TD run. 35-10.

We win the game 35-10. Will we remain #3 in the polls? Can we possibly be kept out of the National Championship Game even though we are undefeated?

Barkley was the player of the game: 17 of 25 for 221 yards with 3 TD's 1 INT.

We had our best defensive effort against Prince: 12 of 28 for 106 yards and 1 INT.

Bradford 19 carries for 109 yards and a TD. Tyler 4 for 11 yards.

Johnathan Franklin with 25 carries for 82 yards.

Ronald Johnson with 5 catches for 36 yards and a TD. Prater with 4 catches for 62 yards and a TD. Woods with 4 catches for 40 yards.

Casey with 13 tackles, 5 for a loss as he was a beast this game. Galippo with 10 tackles. Nick Perry had our only sack.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Coaches' Poll:

1. Wisconsin (38) 11-0
2. Alabama (21) 12-0
3. USC (1) 12-0
4. Ohio State 11-1
5. Nevada (1) 12-0
6. Boise State 10-1
7. Oklahoma 11-1
8. TCU 11-1
9., Georgia Tech 10-2
10. West Virginia 10-1

The Media Poll:

1. Wisconsin (39)
2. Alabama (25)
3. USC
4. Ohio State
5. Nevada
6. Oklahoma
7. Boise State
8. TCU
9. Georgia Tech
10. West Virginia

The BCS:

1. Wisconsin
2. Alabama
3. USC
4. Ohio State
5. Nevada
6. Oklahoma
7. Boise State
8. Georgia Tech
9. TCU
10. W. Virginia.

We need South Carolina to pull off the upset in the SEC championship game....

But, Alabama sneaks by 31-24.

We are playing 12-0 Nevada in the Rose Bowl while Alabama plays Wisconsin in the NC Game.

Ingram with 304 carries for 1884 yards and 12 TD's just edged out Christian Ponder for the Heisman. Ponder had 3919 yards and 41 TD's vs 7 INT's. Keenum in 3rd, Pryor in 4th, and McElroy in 5th.

The All-American Team:

QB Ponder, FSU.
RB Ryan Williams, VT
RB Ingram, Alabam
WR Ronald Johnson, USC
WR Bert Reed, FSU
TE Weslye Saunders, South Carolina
C Ben Habern, Oklahoma
G Barrett Jones, Alabama
G Omoregie Uzzi, GT
T Lou Eliades, Penn State
T DJ Flunker, Alabama
DE Tony Jerrod Eddie, Texas A&M
DE Nick Perry, USC
DT Dajohn Harris, USC
DT Jurrell Casey, USC
OLB Eric Gordon, Michigan State
MLB: Galippo, USC
OLB: Davyd Jones, Ball State
CB Jonathan Nelson, Oklahoma
CB Shareece Wright, USC
S Jai Eugene, LSU
S Deaundre Brown, Tulsa
K Daniel Murray, Iowa
P Jay Williams, Alabama
Ret Chris Rainey, Florida.

Chris Galippo won linebacker of the year and the Bednarik awards. Casey won the Lombardi, and Shareece Wright won the Thorpe.

Ponder won the Maxwell, Ingram won the Doak Walker, Jerrod Eddie won the Nagurski, Keenum won the O'Brien, Austin Pettis (Boise) won the Biletnikoff, Coby Fleener (Stanford) won the Mackey, Lou Eliades (PSU) won the Outland, William Vlachos (Alabama) won the Rimington, Daniel Murray (Iowa) won the Groza, Adi Kunalic (Nebraska) won the Guy, Rainey won the Best Returner.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nevada starts off the game with an impressive drive. Up 7-0 midway through the 1st.

We respond with a methodical drive that ends in a 5 yard TD pass to Rojo. 7-7 at the end of 1.

We force Nevada to 3 and out to start the 2nd quarter.

They force a 3 and out in return as Barkley overthrows a receiver (I slightly tweaked QB accuracy down.)

They put together a strong drive, but on 4th and 1, we stop them inside our 20 midway through the 2nd.

Barkley with a methodical drive that ends in a 1 yard TD pass on a PA pass to Grimble. We lead 14-7 late in the 2nd and we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

We start off the 2nd half with a methodical drive that ends in a spectacular 7 yard TD catch by Prater. 21-7.

Shareece Wright with an interception to set us up with a short field, but we fail to punch it in from the 1 on 4th down. 1 play later, we get a safety. On the ensuing drive, Bradford punches it in from the 1 to make it 30-7 at the end of 3.

Nevada makes it 30-13 midway through the 4th and then our 2nd string makes it 37-13 late in the 4th with a Tyler TD run of 6 yards.

A fumble by them leads to a very short field and we run it in for 1 final score. 44-13.

We win the game 44-13.

Bradford is the player of the game with 26 carries for 165 yards and 2 TD's.

Barkley was 20 of 31 for 212 yards and 3 TD's. 0 INT's, and 3 sacks.

Tyler with 4 carries for 31 yards and a TD.

Rojo with 7 catches for 60 yards and a TD. Woods with 5 catches for 62 yards. Prater with 3 catches for 41 yards and a TD.

Malcolm Smith with 8 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Wright and Torin Harris each had a pick.

We finish the year 13-0, but no championship.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wisconsin beat Alabama 38-24 to win the National Championship.

Final Top 10:

1. Wisconsin (12-0)
2. USC (13-0)
3. Alabama (13-1)
4. Oklahoma (13-1)
5. Georgia Tech (11-2)
6. Nevada (12-1)
7. TCU (12-1)
8. Ohio State (11-2)
9. Boise State (10-2)
10. Nebraska (11-2)
Old 10-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

WTF!!!! Barkley, despite me playing him all year, wants to transfer to UCLA!!!

I am able to convince him to stay, but I can't convince the following players from leaving early:

DT Jurrell Casey, DT Nick Perry, MLB Chris Galippo, DT DaJohn Harris.

Also, the following players graduate:

TE Jordan Cameron, K Joe Houston, LT Zack Heberer, DT Christian Tupou, C Kristofer O'Dowd, CB Shareece Wright, FB Stanley Havili, HB Allen Bradford, HB CJ Gable, P Jacob Harfman, OLB Michael Morgan, LG Butch Lewis, QB Mitch Mustain, OLB Malcolm Smith, WR Ronald Johnson, and DE Derek Simmons.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not much going on during offseason recruiting, but we did get the #2 TE in the nation and #1 TE in CA to commit to us. Corey Edwards is a 5 star 6'1 241 lb TE who we may convert to FB. He is from Inglewood, CA.

A week later we get, 4 star FS Eric Timmons who is 6th in the nation. He is 5'10 200 and is from Redondo Beach, CA. He is a fierce hitter.

We get a 3 star DT from Alabama who is 6'0 315 as our last recruit of the class. A quick review of the class (which is 4th in the nation):

5 5 stars, 4 8 starts, and 2 3 stars. Only Alabama has more 5 stars. Texas also has 5.

1. DE A. Walker - 5 star DE from Glendale, CA is the #1 DE in the nation. Good chance to play right away.

2. TE Z Young - 5 star TE is 6'8 252 and is #1 in the nation. Great chance to play early.

3. T D. Davis - 5 star T is #4 in the nation. 6'6 273. Should be a key player in a year or two.

4. TE C Edwards - 5 star TE may get converted to FB.

5. SS D. Sanchez - 5 star SS from Idaho has a chance to get some PT this year.

6. QB K. Reid - 4 star QB is 4th in the nation. Will battle to replace Barkley next year.

7. FS E. Timmons - 4 star S is #6 in the nation. Should grow into the role.

8. WR J Pearson - #5 WR in the nation is a 4 star player who should contribute down the road.

9. T S. Simpson - massive size for this 4 star T at 6'4 340. Could develop into a dominant player.

10. G S. Bailey - #8 guard, 4 star player, provides needed depth on the line.

11. T A. Malone - 4 star player, 5 T with good size at 6'4 326. Our weakest position should have plenty of depth now.

12. OLB A. Johnson - #7 OLB in the nation has a prime opportunity to contribute right away.

13. DE S. Johnson - #8 DE, 4 star player who should be a contributor down the road.

14. DT A. Harper - #42 DT in the nation, 3 star player but he could contribute at this suddenly thin position.

15. P K. Williams - 3 star P, #6 in the nation, has an average leg. May have to handle FG's as well depending upon our walk-ons.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Start of 2011 -

A look at the roster reveals we are considerably weaker defensively. Offensively, we have the potential for an explosive year with a more mature Barkley leading the way. A look at the 2 deep:

QB: Barkley - 89, JR; Jesse Scroggins - 80, RS FR.
HB: Baxter - 83 (but more explosive), SO; Marc Tyler - 86, RS SR.
FB: Rhett Ellison (big loss from Havili) 79 RS SR; Ahmed Mokhtar - 77, RS SR.
WR: Robert Woods (84 but most explosive receiver) SO; Kyle Prater (85 but best hands on the team) SO; Brice Butler 90, RS JR; David Ausberry 87 (another big receiver) RS SR.
TE: True Freshman Zach Young wins the job at 6'8 252 - 84, FR; Xavier Grimble (beat out Ayles) - 79, SO. They give us two very big weapons in our dual TE sets.
LT: Matt Kalil - 89, RS JR; David Davis - 83, FR.
LG: Kevin Graf - 87, RS SO; Sean Bailey - 80, FR.
C: Michael Reardon (big drop off from last year) 81, RS SR; Abe Markowitz - 69, RS SO.
RG: Khaled Holmes - 86, RS Jr; John Martinez - 79, RS SO.
RT: Tyron Smith - 91, SR; Martin Coleman - 84 (RS SR)

LE: Armond Armstead - 91, SR; Wes Horton - 85, RS JR.
RE: Another true freshman wins a starting role Shawn Johnson 83 (with great speed), Kevin Green (81), RS SO.
DT (Painfully thin position with only 3 scholarship players!): Hebron Fangupo 83, RS SR; George Uko - 77, RS FR; Anthony Harper - 66, FR.
LOLB: Marquis Simmons - 78, RS SO; Hayes Pullard - 76, RS FR.
MLB: Devon Kennard - 87 (JR), Simione Vehikite - 76, RS SO.
ROLB: Another true freshman starting: Adam Johnson - 82; Shane Horton - 75, RS SR.
CB: TJ Bryant - 88, SR; Torin Harris - 83, RS SO; Brian Baucham - 78, RS JR.
FS: Jawanza Starling - 84, JR; Drew McAllister - 83, SR.
SS: TJ McDonald - 85, JR; Dion Bailey - 74, So.

K: P Kyle Williams will handle it.
P: Kyle Williams 77, Freshman

KR: Brice Butler (99) and Robert Woods (96)
PR: Robert Woods (96)

Recruiting priorities:

DT, CB, OLB, MLB, QB, HB, OL, and K.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We open the year hosting Minnesota. Should be a nice game for us to start the year in a big way.

True Freshman Shawn Johnson strips their HB on the 3rd play, Torin Hariis picks it up but then is tackled and fumbles it! They recover.

They march down the field passing at will. I have a feeling this is going to be a rough year for our back 7, particularly the linebackers. Down 7-0 midway through the 1st.

We fail to convert 4th and 2 on their 44. They get inside our 5 before we stop them and hold them to a short FG attempt, but they miss it!

We put together a quick striking drive, but Barkley gets hit when throwing and throws a pick into the endzone.

Towards the end of the half, Barkley finds Woods for a 16 yard TD. 7-7. Our defense has been horrible, and our offense has not been as explosive as expected. However, that was a 7 play 80 yard drive that we did in just 1:17.

They go for it on 4th and 10 on our 30 and fail to convert. Can Barkley get us into scoring range with 37 seconds left?

23 yard strike to Woods. 47 yard strike to Butler for a TD! 14-7.

We are up 14-7 at the half, and we get the ball back.

2nd play of the half, they pick off a screen pass and turn it into a pick 6. 14-13 after they miss a XP.

Barkley moves us down the field with ease on our next drive, but he gets hit hard and has to leave the game. 1st play with Scroggins in is a handoff to Baxter who fumbles it. They recover.

Barkley is cleared to return on our next possession.

Baxter with an incredible cut on a counter play to take it in from 29 yards out. 21-13.

We stop them on 4th and 2 on our 36.

Young has dominated whoever is covering him. The big TE is just too quick and too big to be covered! What a weapon. Barkley finds him for a 21 yard TD strike. 28-13.

The drive down inside our 10 quickly, but then our D-line gets pressure and we stop them them on 4th and goal from the 7.

On 3rd and 21, Barkley finds Brice Butler for a 76 yard TD to seal the game. 34-13 after we miss an extra point.

Minnesota with a 4 yard TD pass to make it 34-20 with 1:30 left.

Baxter with a spectacular 36 yard TD run to end the game after they tried an onside kick. 41-20.

They make it 41-27 with 9 seconds left. Our defense is very bad.

So stupid, we try to run it one last time and Barkley fumbles the exchange.. They pick it up and return it for a TD! 41-34. I wonder if that will drop us from our #4 spot in the polls.

Barkley: 19 of 28 for 425 yards with 4 TD's 2 INT's! 1 sack.

Marquis Gray: 28 of 45 for 400 yards with 2 TD's 0 INT, 4 sacks.

Baxter: 14 carries for 120 yards and 2 TD's.

Duane Bennett 23 carries for 65 yards.

True Freshman and freak Zach Young with 6 catches for 126 yards and a TD for us! Nice debut!

Woods with 5 catches for 83 yards and a TD. Butler with 2 catches for 124 yards and 2 TD's!

Prater with 2 catches for 45 yards. Baxter with 2 for 29 yards. Ellison with 2 for 18 yards.

Minnesota's Brandon Green had 9 catches for 109 yards and a TD. 4 receivers with 4 catches.

Freshman DE Shawn Johnson led the team with 8 tackles, 3 for a loss.

Devon Kennard also had 8 tackles, 1 for a loss. Fangupo had 3 sacks! Armond Armstead had 1.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is hosting #7 Iowa. We remain #4 in the polls.

Iowa tries a PA pass on 4th and inches at midfield and we sack the QB.

We miss a 37 yard FG and the game remains scoreless midway through the 1st.

We exchange 3 and outs. 0-0 at the end of 1.

On 4th and 1 from our 32, they hit us with a PA pass for a 24 yard TD! Down 7-0 early in the 2nd.

Baxter runs it in from inches out on 4th and goal. Down 7-6 after our kicker misses the extra point!

Johnson with his first sack of his career on 3rd and 11!

Prater catches a 10 yard pass and turns it into a 32 yard TD. We fail to convert the 2 point conversion. Down 12-7.

Towards the end of the half, Prater catches a 20 yard pass and turns it into a 67 yard TD. We are up 20-7 after a successful 2 point conversion pass to Baxter.

Their defense holds us to 3 and out. They get to our 28, but we stop them there and they miss a 45 yard FG.

Barkley throws a bad pick on our next drive. He just overthrew Prater and made it an easy pick for the safety.

Keenan Davis with a spectacular diving catch for a 17 yard TD. They miss the Extra Point. We lead 20-13 very late in the 3rd.

Their run defense is stifling us. 20-13 at the end of 3.

We go 3 and out as Barkley overthrows Ambles on 3rd and 9.

A PA pass to their TE ties it at 20 with 4:35 left in the game.

Barkley responds with a masterful drive ending in a 2 yard TD pass to Baxter. 27-20.

Iowa marches down the field ending in a 12 yard pass to their FB. Tied at 27 with 50 seconds left.

We start at our 24. 18 pass to Butler. Time out. Incomplete pass. 40 yard pass to Woods! T.O. Barkley scrambles for 1 and gets out of bounds. Incomplete pass. 14 seconds left. Barkley is sacked for a loss of 10. 38 yard FG for the win... Williams drills it!!! 30-27 win!

Barkley was the player of the game: 20 of 37 for 368 yards with 3 TD's 1 INT. Sacked 5 times.

James Vandenberg was 21 of 24 for 270 yards with 4 TD's 0 INT's, sacked 3 times.

Baxter with 13 carries for 34 yards and a TD.

Adam Robinson with 25 carries for 84 yards.

Zach Young, continues to impress as a true freshman. 5 catches for 90 yards.

Butler with 4 catches for 55 yards. Baxter with 3 for 0 yards and a TD. Prater with 3 for 128 yards and 2 TD"s. Woods with 2 for 76 yards. Ausberry with a critical 3rd and 10 catch for 11 yards in which he hurdled a defender and broke a tackle.

Keenan Davis with 8 catches for 122 yards and 2 TD's.

Freshman DE Shawn Johnson led the team with 7 tackles, 3 for a loss, 1 sack.

Freshman OLB Adam Johnson had 7 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Armond Armstead and George Uko also had sacks.

Woods had 3 punt returns for 33 yards.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today, we have a big game at Stanford who is also 2-0. Should be an evenly matched team.

On 3rd and 10, their QB fumbles and Armond Armstead recovers and runs it to the 4. One play later, Barkley to Baxter for a 4 yard TD. 7-0.

Torin Harris with a nice interception to end their next drive.

3 plays later Barkley tries to go deep to Woods and it is picked off by their corner.

1 play later Brian Baucham picks off their young QB.

3 plays later, Barkley to Woods for a 8 yard TD. 14-0.

We force a 3 and out as we stop their HB on 3rd and 3.

We put together a methodical drive that ends in a 2 yard TD pass to Grimble. 21-0 at the end of 1.

Using mostly their running game, Stanford puts together a 12 play 82 yard drive that ends in a 10 yard TD pass to the HB on a screen. They miss the extra point. 21-6.

Midway through the 2nd, Barkley finds Ellison for a 1 yard TD pass on the PA. 28-6. 9 play 77 yard drive.

Jawanza Starling crushes their top WR on a pass over the middle and takes him out 8 weeks with a broken clavicle.

We stop them at the 6 yard line on their next drive. They settle for a short FG. 28-9 with 30 seconds left in the half.

Butler with a very good kick return to get us to the 38. But, we are unable to get into FG range.

Barkley with his 2nd pick of the day to give them a chance..

They pound it down our throats and end up scoring on a 1 yard run by their HB, but they miss another extra point. 28-15.

Baxter with a spectacular run in which he made 3 guys miss with a variety of cuts and moves. 58 yard TD run. 35-15.

We miss a short FG on our next drive to give them a small chance. 35-15 at the end of 3.

Their no huddle destroys us ending in a 24 yard TD by their HB. 35-22. 7 minutes left.

We put together a 8 play 75 yard drive ending in a 2 yard fade TD pass to Ausberry. 42-22. 5 minutes to play.

We stop them on 4th and 5 on our 25. Time to bring in the 2nd team offense and let Scroggins get his first action as a Trojan.

T.J. Bryant with an interception late to put the final touch on the game.

We win the game 42-22.

Barkley was the player of the game: 19 of 35 for 324 yards with 5 TD's 2 INT's and 2 sacks.

Josh Nunes was 22 of 38 for 265 yards with 1 TD 3 INT's.

Baxter with 13 carries for 157 yards and a TD. Tyler with 7 for 25 yards.

Stepfan Taylor with 25 carries for 87 yards and a TD. Anthony Wilkerson with 3 for 31 yards and a TD.

Woods with 7 catches for 120 yards and a TD.

Young with 3 catches for 77 yards. Ambles with 2 catches for 16 yards. Grmble with 2 for 15 yards and a TD.

Griff Whalen with 7 catches for 89 yards and a TD.

Devon Kennard with 12 tackles. Armstead with 10 and 2 for a loss. We did not get any sacks.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After the game, we got our 1st commit of the year:

#1 FB in the nation Zach Young commits to USC. He is 6'0 205 and is from Vienna, VA. He is a fast powerful back in the mold of a Stanley Havili.

We also jumped to #1 in the polls. Our next game is hosting 1-3 ASU. We have a bunch of big recruits visiting this week.