Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #801
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
gee, I'm sure I have some reason for it!

I'm more then willing to give Alan the benifit of the doubt
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #802
Danny
Head Coach

Crazy, I leave for a few hours and 3 more pages to go over.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #803
st.cronin
General Manager

The result of this vote is: NO LYNCH! Alan T persuades the mob not to lynch anybody today!

I will be sending out pms, then will start Day 2 with the night results.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #804
RendeR
Coordinator

17 pages for day frakin' 1???
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #805
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The best games all seem to have active D1 discussions, for whatever reason. This game has gotten off to a very promising start.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #806
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

DT didn't try to come out and get into shit. DT tried to place a vote on lathum and post a reason and then shuddup but people kept smacking him around. credit to the wolves for that.

and i guess we know alan's the duke
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #807
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
also, if DT is the bodyguard, no way he should have been out and point fingers...he should have gone quiet and let other people stand out....to be any help, the BG has to stay just as hidden as the seer.

excellent point.

You are the Matt Holiday of Werewolf.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #808
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ahh so you're the Duke Alan and you can't duke yourself, thus you prevented the lynch?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #809
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

neh - guess i shouldn't have said anything given what was going down

*shrugs*
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #810
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
The result of this vote is: NO LYNCH! Alan T persuades the mob not to lynch anybody today!

I will be sending out pms, then will start Day 2 with the night results.

not a fan of this at all.

we needed this shit cleared up.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #811
KWhit
Coordinator

Sigh. All that for no lynch.

Blah.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #812
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Yep.

Let's do it all over again tomorrow!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #813
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
neh - guess i shouldn't have said anything given what was going down

*shrugs*
No way to know that in advance.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #814
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Ahh so you're the Duke Alan and you can't duke yourself, thus you prevented the lynch?

I am the duke. My role is a bit different though than standard Duke roles.. so you might find some differences as the game goes on. I'm not going into the full details of my abilities or powers or such at this point. Needless to say though no one ever fake claims as the duke.. if I was doing so, the real duke could just duke me...

So there you have it. I'm the Duke.

I'll give my thoughts a bit more after night phase.. but I didn't really distrust DT and Lathum as much as just wanted to keep things close to see how people commmitted.. I assumed either they were both villagers and the wolves would just play it cool, or a wolf in the mix and we might see wolves actually moving around..

If anyone I would have to say my worst feeling right now is about Barkeep.. but that might change after night phase... we'll see.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #815
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Wow...very intriguing.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #816
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Ok, we'll lynch you tommorrow if thats what you want. I was under the impression that you didn't want that today.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #817
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Yep.

Let's do it all over again tomorrow!

my wifes away and I'm on break.

I've got nothing but time!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #818
st.cronin
General Manager

KWHIT has been killed by wolves! He was just an ordinary villager.

Day 2 begins, deadline Thursday 3pm Eastern time.

knives out
Old 06-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #819
KWhit
Coordinator

- Ack!! GlacckkkK!!!! -
Old 06-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #820
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
KWHIT has been killed by wolves! He was just an ordinary villager.

Day 2 begins, deadline Thursday 3pm Eastern time.

lol.

Not even remotely surprised by this.

I scanned Telle, she came up good
Old 06-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #821
KWhit
Coordinator

Sigh. Yet another early exit.

This is getting annoying.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #822
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
- Ack!! GlacckkkK!!!! -
Old 06-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #823
saldana
Pro Starter

wow, 17 pages and all we gained was Alan at the center of the COT.

ill be back on when i get home tonight
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #824
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well.. night phase is over. I actually think the wolves did me a favor by killing Kwhit as I didn't necessarily suspect him but I wasn't sure how far I wanted to trust his ideas on how the draft went. Now we know at least that his thoughts were good intentioned, although that doesn't necessarily make them entirely correct.

I'm also curious if any of the seers did decide to scan me yesterday (as I offered myself up for that if they wanted to try to determine if they were the fake seer).. I still kind of feel that would have been a waste of a scan, and also not sure we want the results of that revealed either.. At some point though I think the issue of if Lathum was lying or not will take care of itself.. either the wolves will kill him, or he'll give us alot of scans (or two real seers will reveal at some point)..

So I see no reason to push Lathum today, and I am concerned about pushing to kill DT today as doing so might out the real bodyguard if he is really a wolf (if he isn't a wolf then killing him would be even worse obviously)....

So I really don't want to rehash day 1 at all.. I'm looking at voting Barkeep right now, but going to hold off on that for a while. I'd like to go back through posts to see if my distrust of him is based more on where I felt he was misleading everyone to start the game that got cleared up or not.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:18 PM   #825
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I am the duke. My role is a bit different though than standard Duke roles.. so you might find some differences as the game goes on. I'm not going into the full details of my abilities or powers or such at this point. Needless to say though no one ever fake claims as the duke.. if I was doing so, the real duke could just duke me...

So there you have it. I'm the Duke.

I'll give my thoughts a bit more after night phase.. but I didn't really distrust DT and Lathum as much as just wanted to keep things close to see how people commmitted.. I assumed either they were both villagers and the wolves would just play it cool, or a wolf in the mix and we might see wolves actually moving around..

If anyone I would have to say my worst feeling right now is about Barkeep.. but that might change after night phase... we'll see.

I deduced this on day 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Looking through the roles, I think the Duke (with a slight possibility of a hunter) is the only thing Alan could reveal with on day 1 and not be a bad play for the village. The bodyguard is the only way to keep the Seer, Spy, or Philosopher alive and the wolves would be gunning for any of those roles as it is.

So I'm curious why you didn't reveal a bit earlier so that DaddyTorgo wouldn't have to reveal as the bodyguard??

I mean you're obviously the duke, but wouldn't the better play for the village be for DaddyTorgo to not have to officially reveal?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #826
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
wow, 17 pages and all we gained was Alan at the center of the COT.

ill be back on when i get home tonight

AND ME DEAD!!!!!

DON'T FORGET THAT!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #827
st.cronin
General Manager

By the way: If there is anybody who was expecting a pm who did not get one, please let me know by pm asap. I am known to sometimes overlook things.

knives out
Old 06-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #828
RendeR
Coordinator

Les Sigh....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #829
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I deduced this on day 1:

So I'm curious why you didn't reveal a bit earlier so that DaddyTorgo wouldn't have to reveal as the bodyguard??

I mean you're obviously the duke, but wouldn't the better play for the village be for DaddyTorgo to not have to officially reveal?

Well, I don't have any knowledge if DT and/or Lathum were telling the truth, lying, or whatever. What I wanted to accomplish was for us to have a voting history for the day either way, so my commenting too heavily in this regards would have negated that. I kind of dropped a hint to DT to not reveal a few hours ago, but I got pressed by a few other people about it and had to give some kind of response to try to not tip my hand too much. I obviously had a few ways to go with this, but I wasn't going to single handedly be responsible for killing off a bodyguard or a seer without knowing for sure.

I also think next time this comes up, I likely will make the same play again in order to keep the wolves on their toes.

This way one of the the following three things have now happened:

1) Lathum or DT is a wolf, and we have a voting history on who may or may not have tried to either save them or jump in once the vote looked likely a done deal.

2) Neither are a wolf, in which our voting history for today is pointless but even moreso I'm glad neither are dead.

3) Both are a wolf, and well the wolves got lucky I guess today by my play.

Like I said though, right now I feel we should go a completely different direction with today's vote. Not that I believe Lathum and/or DT, but in both cases they will have a way of working themselves out at some point this game if they are lying.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #830
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll elaborate a bit more on my thoughts here.. but really the disagreement or agreement with my action at this point probably is best left to end game discussions. The only reason for such talk here seems more likely as an attempt to distract from the real discussion here today.

I'll take whatever heat anyone wants to give me at the end of the game once you know fully what my role entails.. for now it just seems pointless
Old 06-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #831
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
17 pages for day frakin' 1???

I know - I've been training a new guy in my group at work and it's hard to refresh and stay caught up.

Easy now that no one is talking though!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #832
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think everyone is quietly cursing me under their breath right now or something.

Let's try to be productive with how we take the information from day 1.. I would like to hear people's thoughts on the various possible scenerios...

1) If both DT and Lathum were villagers and being honest with their reveals.. what action would a wolf take? Would they have committed strongly anywhere (to try to kill off a possible seer or possible BG while it looked like they could have a realistic chance), or would they have blended in somewhere? If either of these scenerios, who do you target from the day 1 votes to possibly have been the wolves doing such?

2) If DT is a wolf, who do you think moved to try to either save him, or jump on the pile once it looked like he was dead?

3) If Lathum is a wolf, who do you think moved to try to save him or push people in a different direction?

I think going after Lathum and DT today would be a mistake.. so lets look at who might be the best targets for today instead.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #833
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I like the move, Alan. And that helps explain a lot of your play on Day 1, which is also good!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #834
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Telle's vote really stood out to me. post 650

When she voted it was 6-5 in favor of me, her vote made it 7-5, forcing 3 people to swing.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #835
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think everyone is quietly cursing me under their breath right now or something.

Let's try to be productive with how we take the information from day 1.. I would like to hear people's thoughts on the various possible scenerios...

1) If both DT and Lathum were villagers and being honest with their reveals.. what action would a wolf take? Would they have committed strongly anywhere (to try to kill off a possible seer or possible BG while it looked like they could have a realistic chance), or would they have blended in somewhere? If either of these scenerios, who do you target from the day 1 votes to possibly have been the wolves doing such?

2) If DT is a wolf, who do you think moved to try to either save him, or jump on the pile once it looked like he was dead?

3) If Lathum is a wolf, who do you think moved to try to save him or push people in a different direction?

I think going after Lathum and DT today would be a mistake.. so lets look at who might be the best targets for today instead.

1) I think a wolf would try to set it up as villager-villager. I'm looking at GE for practically insisting that people get in on one of DT or Lathum.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #836
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

What type of information do we really gain from KWhit's kill? He led the charge against Lathum. But is a wolf team with Lathum on it really stupid enough to kill KWhit? What is the wolf reasoning here for killing him?

I will point out that in post 204, KWhit originally cast his vote for Mrs. Schmidty. I think this is a direction we need to explore.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #837
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I also feel good about Mrs Schmidty and Saldana since they voted for DT late.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #838
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think Kwhit's kill was either 1) Setup or 2) a veteran who was providing alot of analysis (right or wrong) that likely wasn't guarded.

I'm not reading much more into kwhit's death than that right now.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #839
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
1) I think a wolf would try to set it up as villager-villager. I'm looking at GE for practically insisting that people get in on one of DT or Lathum.

My insistence was because of the rules of the game. If we only vote for two people, we can learn information from hopefully the spy. Say we would have killed DT. The spy could have followed Lathum and either cleared him or pin him as a wolf. If our votes are spread out, we can't get that info with 100% confidence.

If you are a wolf, you want someone to vote for you. Then you can make a kill, assuming you are not the cunning wolf.

Cronin, do any of those votes count? I am thinking not since there was no lynch.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #840
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I completely disagree.

Having 2 candidates narrowed down on day 1 helps alot later in the game. If the vote is spread out on 5-6 people it makes voting patterns useless.

this comment plus your late vote on me has me thinking about you.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #841
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
My insistence was because of the rules of the game. If we only vote for two people, we can learn information from hopefully the spy. Say we would have killed DT. The spy could have followed Lathum and either cleared him or pin him as a wolf. If our votes are spread out, we can't get that info with 100% confidence.

If you are a wolf, you want someone to vote for you. Then you can make a kill, assuming you are not the cunning wolf.

Cronin, do any of those votes count? I am thinking not since there was no lynch.

I asked him previously. He told me they do count as far as wolf targets go.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #842
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

KWhit getting killed was an attempt to set me up. Plain and simple.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #843
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

Those votes count.

knives out
Old 06-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #844
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I completely disagree.

Having 2 candidates narrowed down on day 1 helps alot later in the game. If the vote is spread out on 5-6 people it makes voting patterns useless.

this comment plus your late vote on me has me thinking about you.

And what are you thinking?
Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #845
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
And what are you thinking?

that you have nefarious intentions
Old 06-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #846
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
that you have nefarious intentions

One thing I noticed was that Pass finally moved his throwaway vote to vote for you right after DaddyToga revealed as the bodyguard.

My guess is that was a better of two evils for the village (assuming both of your reveals are truthful) since you were the next closest lynch target.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #847
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
One thing I noticed was that Pass finally moved his throwaway vote to vote for you right after DaddyToga revealed as the bodyguard.

My guess is that was a better of two evils for the village (assuming both of your reveals are truthful) since you were the next closest lynch target.

Not only that, I pushed for a tie. Lathum, if you think I have nefarious intentions, you're looking at my vote and not what I've said about it.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #848
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW I don't believe DT's reveal
Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #849
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Does anyone recall off the top of their heads if BK was part of the "Poli would never pick Lathum as seer" line of thinking??? I'm going to go look through his posts to see if I can find something, but something he said a page or so ago stuck out to me...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #850
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Not only that, I pushed for a tie. Lathum, if you think I have nefarious intentions, you're looking at my vote and not what I've said about it.
True, you encouraged the village to vote for a tie (including the masons moving if necessary) in order to achieve a no lynch.