Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #1501
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I know I've said it, but if we're wrong about Lathum, we will almost certainly lose today.

I don't see us as 6-5 right now, honestly. I envision 7-4 and I really think that we have a good possibility of getting to 6-2 (assuming a nk goes our way and they get one on us). Although with people too wolfy to say that they are the vanilla wolf, it may not be possible.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #1502
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm lost as to why it benefits me to claim vanilla wolf. Shed some light on that for me, please.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #1503
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I don't see us as 6-5 right now, honestly. I envision 7-4 and I really think that we have a good possibility of getting to 6-2 (assuming a nk goes our way and they get one on us). Although with people too wolfy to say that they are the vanilla wolf, it may not be possible.

If that is the case then Dubb is telling the truth. If he was a wolf, it only makes sense to lie about Lathum here if it's an end game scenario. Otherwise we end up wrong on Lathum, but are still alive and then have a decent chance at figuring this out.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #1504
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am amazed that Racer and PB both keep completely glossing over the fact that it could be game over if I am lynched today.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #1505
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
I'm lost as to why it benefits me to claim vanilla wolf. Shed some light on that for me, please.

It benefits the village, the fact none of you are willing means the two of you that are likely wolves can hide behind that.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #1506
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am amazed that Racer and PB both keep completely glossing over the fact that it could be game over if I am lynched today.

PB seems convinced there was only 3 starting wolves, but last game with 17 or so had 4 starting wolves and a convert too.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #1507
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Let me rephrase. How does it benefit the village?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #1508
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm not glossing it over, but how is it different if you're a wolf and dubb isn't? STILL GAME OVER. Either way, with your theory, it is game over if we're wrong. So the game over argument makes no sense at that point.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #1509
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

By sheer numbers, of the four who are being asked to do this 2/4 are likely wolves and quite possible 3/4 are. By the villager or two in there not stepping up, it allows the wolves in there to hide behind that.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #1510
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It allows Danny to take a shot at a wolf off of that list.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #1511
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Because it means he can night kill you. And IF you are a wolf that's good for the village. Problem being is that if he offs a villager it could be game-over.. something that keeps getting glossed over.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #1512
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Because it means he can night kill you. And IF you are a wolf that's good for the village. Problem being is that if he offs a villager it could be game-over.. something that keeps getting glossed over.

I'm not going to use my power willy nilly, we've have more information to work tonight assuming it's not game over and an additional night kill option. If the data we learn doesn't support that I won't use it.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #1513
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So far, here is who have stated certain roles to be believed:

Hoops- Vanilla Wolf
Racer- Tough Villager, Vanilla Wolf
USFC Tecmo- Said in a post "I'm a vanilla villager"

That leaves Telle, Schmidty, and maybe/hopefully a van. wolf one from USFC.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #1514
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

All right. Fine. I'm apparently not in any position of trust, and I lack the ammo to change that. So here. I just want it on the record that torching me tonight ends our chances.

I'm the vanilla wolf.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #1515
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Except for the fact that the village will be the ones picking because we have to believe that person, as a group, first.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #1516
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not glossing it over, but how is it different if you're a wolf and dubb isn't? STILL GAME OVER. Either way, with your theory, it is game over if we're wrong. So the game over argument makes no sense at that point.

This game doesn't make sense anyway because of lack of facts or patterns, so what does it matter. Might as well just pick a name out of a hat.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #1517
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
All right. Fine. I'm apparently not in any position of trust, and I lack the ammo to change that. So here. I just want it on the record that torching me tonight ends our chances.

I'm the vanilla wolf.

USFL, I appreciate it and it does go a long way towards where you stand for me. The other thing it should do with all our seers is give you the benefit of a scan assuming we don't 'believe' you are the actual wolf. So for the village, thanks.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #1518
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Hoops- Vanilla Wolf

I said near the beginning that I have no role, so you might as well move my name. Thanks.

Not that it matters since my word, just like everyone else's means jack this game.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #1519
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Except for the fact that the village will be the ones picking because we have to believe that person, as a group, first.

Yeah except Danny seems hell bent on me being a wolf and so I see him persuading the rest of you and then you end up with a villager dead.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #1520
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

No, I think you actually have to make the statement for us to be able to believe you but I'm not 100% on that.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #1521
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

To be fair, there is a possible difference. If Dubb is a wolf, this was an end game play. If Lathum is a wolf, there's no backing one way or the other of this being an end game play.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #1522
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah except Danny seems hell bent on me being a wolf and so I see him persuading the rest of you and then you end up with a villager dead.

Telle, I had a wolf vibe (and that's all it was) from you early but I think it was last game carrying over. Since then, I think you're okay, so you aren't really the one I would pick, you're probably third right now. That being said, I am likely to vote for people that don't do it tomorrow but hey, as everyone has pointed out, there may be no tomorrow so what the hell.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #1523
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Tonight based on the lynch, we will have new information to work with. If you end up being believed and what I see doesn't line up with you being a wolf I won't kill you.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #1524
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Tonight based on the lynch, we will have new information to work with. If you end up being believed and what I see doesn't line up with you being a wolf I won't kill you.

Well forgive me if that doesn't sound overly re-assuring.. seeing as how you've been proclaiming my supposed wolfiness from the mountain-tops with nothing to back it up but "gut".
Old 06-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #1525
Schmidty
Coordinator

I know everyone hates this, but we might as well just use random.org this lynch. I don't really mean that, but it would be just as informed of a vote as we're going to get anyway.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #1526
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I know everyone hates this, but we might as well just use random.org this lynch. I don't really mean that, but it would be just as informed of a vote as we're going to get anyway.

Not exactly as we do have at least a 50% chance at hitting a wolf today, well maybe not because the wolves can manipulate the vote.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #1527
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Well forgive me if that doesn't sound overly re-assuring.. seeing as how you've been proclaiming my supposed wolfiness from the mountain-tops with nothing to back it up but "gut".

What have you done that in anyway indicates you are not a wolf? By sheer numbers, if we assume PB, Tyrith and I are good (which at this point we kind of have to) and then one out of Lathum/Dubb being good, that leaves us with 6 players, 3 or 4 of which being bad. There is a solid 50/50 maybe more chance of you being a wolf just based on numbers and my read has you more likely to be a wolf than Schmidty or USFL at this point. That may change, but that's what I have to go on for now.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #1528
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and if you stay on this stance, you're almost certainly going to be the lynch tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #1529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I see your frustration but thats not true.

We have information, it's just whether you want to believe it or not.

You and I are in the same boat with people believing we are wolves.

I know I am not and have faith in my scan of Racer, then Dubb goes at night by Danny's hand. That to me is the best play.

Dubb could have just as easily claim he scanned you, but I think he knows by my reputation that he could get people to follow.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #1530
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh and if you stay on this stance, you're almost certainly going to be the lynch tomorrow.

And this is coming from PB and yes unless there is new info, I would probably follow on this.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #1531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What have you done that in anyway indicates you are not a wolf? By sheer numbers, if we assume PB, Tyrith and I are good (which at this point we kind of have to) .

why are you so quick to assume Tyrith is good?

PB could easily be the fake seer, another point you are choosing to gloss over.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #1532
Danny
Head Coach

Lathum I asked this, but since you trust your scans, you think PB is the false seer?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #1533
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
why are you so quick to assume Tyrith is good?

PB could easily be the fake seer, another point you are choosing to gloss over.

Obviously that depends largely on what happens with this lynch. If you are telling the truth, I would have to reevaluate that, if you are the wolf then obviously PB is the real seer.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #1534
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

So be it. We wouldn't lose anything important other than a useless villager with no power. How would I even argue against it? There're no more facts to back up my innocence than there are to condemn me or anyone else. Maybe my death would actually help to establish some type of record of votes to go on.

Hell, lynch me today. I'm annoyed by this game.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #1535
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I see your frustration but thats not true.

We have information, it's just whether you want to believe it or not.

You and I are in the same boat with people believing we are wolves.

I know I am not and have faith in my scan of Racer, then Dubb goes at night by Danny's hand. That to me is the best play.

Dubb could have just as easily claim he scanned you, but I think he knows by my reputation that he could get people to follow.

I'll just trust your claim. There's no less reason to trust you than anyone else.

Vote Racer

This might get me killed today or tomorrow, but at least the villagers will have more to go on. I'll sacrifice myself;.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #1536
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
So be it. We wouldn't lose anything important other than a useless villager with no power. How would I even argue against it? There're no more facts to back up my innocence than there are to condemn me or anyone else. Maybe my death would actually help to establish some type of record of votes to go on.

Hell, lynch me today. I'm annoyed by this game.

I actually meant Telle, but I guess it could apply to you too.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #1537
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum I asked this, but since you trust your scans, you think PB is the false seer?

seems logical

Quote:
Obviously that depends largely on what happens with this lynch. If you are telling the truth, I would have to reevaluate that, if you are the wolf then obviously PB is the real seer.

dude, game over. no reevaluation necessary. May as well start the signup thread for the next game.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #1538
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'll just trust your claim. There's no less reason to trust you than anyone else.

Vote Racer

This might get me killed today or tomorrow, but at least the villagers will have more to go on. I'll sacrifice myself;.

I really wish Lathum would have gone with Dubb, You are 50/50 to be the false seer and with the dwindling villagers the chances for you to falsely scan a wolf were reasonable, as was PB's to scan me as a wolf if he was the false seer. PB did not falsely scan a wolf, I don't know whether you did or not. It makes more sense to vote Dubb though since you know 100% he is a wolf if you're a villager.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #1539
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
seems logical

dude, game over. no reevaluation necessary. May as well start the signup thread for the next game.

You do realize my vote is not on you right now? It's possible we lynch Dubb to find out you are telling the truth.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #1540
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You do realize my vote is not on you right now? It's possible we lynch Dubb to find out you are telling the truth.

Well I am in the ead by a decent margin right now so you have to excuse my assumptions that a new game will be starting soon.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #1541
Danny
Head Coach

That wouldn't be the case if you weren't as stubborn on Racer. Otherwise with schmidty now supporting you, there would reasonably be four votes on DUbb right now as originally Racer voted that way.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #1542
Tyrith
College Starter

There's nothing I can really say at this point that hasn't already been said. I'm not moving my vote.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #1543
Danny
Head Coach

Tyrith, you are on Lathum right now?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #1544
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Vote Racer

This vote makes no sense today since clearly Dubb or Lathum (or potentially both) are wolves. You could definitely argue for me tomorrow (if Dubb is confirmed good or goes unscanned), but today it just makes no sense.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #1545
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
This vote makes no sense today since clearly Dubb or Lathum (or potentially both) are wolves. You could definitely argue for me tomorrow (if Dubb is confirmed good or goes unscanned), but today it just makes no sense.

There you ga again glossing over the fact that there is no tomorrow unless we get it right.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #1546
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Hoops- Vanilla Wolf

Hoops also claimed vanilla villager I believe (which would be a mistake to believe anyone as).
Old 06-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #1547
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
There you ga again glossing over the fact that there is no tomorrow unless we get it right.

Well perhaps, but I don't think there is anyway to know if we're at 7-4 or 6-5 right now. If it's 6-5 and we get it wrong, we're screwed. Voting for you makes a little more sense then Dubb at this point because Dubb can be night killed by Danny whereas you cannot.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #1548
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

BELIEVE HOOPS AS VANILLA WOLF
BELIEVE RACER AS VANILLA WOLF

Just so we can get some believing actually accomplished rather than talked about.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #1549
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

Why am I to believe that dubb or Lathum are wolves again?
Old 06-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #1550
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Why am I to believe that dubb or Lathum are wolves again?

Dubb "scanned" Lathum as a wolf. Since believed seer's scans are 100%, either Dubb is lieing (meaning he's a wolf) or Lathum's a wolf since he was scanned as one.

I also think there is chance both are wolves and are trying to take heat off one or the other.

So if Lathum is telling the truth that he's a villager, then Dubb is definitely a wolf. Even if Lathum is telling the truth, you have to consider there is a very real possibility that Lathum is a fake seer and that his scans are no good.

If it's 6-5 at this point, then there's a 45.5% chance of a scan coming up as a wolf.

If it's a 7-4 at this point, then there's still a 36.4% chance of a scan coming up as a wolf.