Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Any good ideas..

On what to do once I find out who just racked up $1500 worth of fraudulent charges on my Credit Card. Just found out now, among other things, a $650 shopping spree at Lowes in Georgia (seeing as I'm in MA right now, that's a trick).

The CC Company in question had just put my card on hold when I found out. Needless to say, I'm coming up with various gory things to do to these *@)$@&$@)&@, but the thousand papercuts and dipping in lemon juice isn't good enough for em!

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

Wow...

I don't know, but I personally would add at least a little bit of sulfuric acid into your torture plans.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
Mantle2600
High School Varsity

OUCH!!! That sucks man. How bout you cut open their skulls and feed them theiir own brains. Not very original but it works.

Browns. Cavs. Tribe. Buckeyes. Period.
Mantle2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:03 PM   #4
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Any good ideas..

Quote:
Originally posted by SirFozzie
On what to do once I find out who just racked up $1500 worth of fraudulent charges on my Credit Card. Just found out now, among other things, a $650 shopping spree at Lowes in Georgia (seeing as I'm in MA right now, that's a trick).
!

Seems like $650 from Lowes would probably be on a major applaince. I don't suppose this guy was stupid enough to have the thing delivered to his house?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:09 PM   #5
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I always liked the idea of using tapcons to nail them spread eagle on the ground, then cut off their eyelids and wait for the sun to come up. Hopefully its a nice clear day and they will have time to be in pain beore their eyes pop from the heat and the real pain hits.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:39 PM   #6
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

this happened to me once (well, it happened to my then-girlfriend).

I take GREAT comfort in the fact that these types of crooks (credit card scammers) will get away with it for a while, but will inevitably get caught and end up spending enough time in a pound-me-in-the-ass prison to adequately quench my thirst for vengeance.

In my line of work, I deal with a great number of credit card frauds - most of them are not very bright (very few can pronounce the name on the cards, even if it's something simple like "Kevin"). My favorite was the guy who called up and told me his name was some chicks name - can't remember the name, but it was so obvious that he had stolen some woman's card but didn't realize the name he was badly mispronouncing was a woman's name. I couldn't stop laughing at him - normally we have to follow through with the orders to make everything seem normal, but I was laughing so hard I had to hang up.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:59 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm calmed down a little bit..

Unfortunately my thirst for vengeance has not.. have a new leader inthe clubhouse for what to do..being lowered feet first into a pot of boiling oil?
Old 05-09-2003, 12:13 AM   #8
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I heard SkyDog say something about a new oven
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:33 AM   #9
Jets80
High School Varsity

I dont know what to do with all this lumber.
Jets80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:24 AM   #10
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

The attaching of rabid Crawfish to his sack is a time tested torture method.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:04 AM   #11
Celeval
Pro Starter

Happened once to my family - my mother's purse was stolen out of her car - less than two hours later, the woman was caught, 40 miles away. How, you ask?

Because she tried to use my mother's credit card at a grocery store (yes, 40 miles away), in the exact checkout aisle that our next door neighbor happened to be standing at. Oh, he's a cop.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #12
bryce
High School Varsity

while i've never had my card stolen, what HAS happened to me on two different occasions (and this may chap my hide even more than traditional theft) is a waitress adding an extra 0 to my tip amount b/c, i guess, she figured we were drunk and by the time the statement came i either wouldn't notice or remember or i would figure it was reasonable. but when a $50 tab with a $10 tip shows up on your statement as $150 total, that's hard to miss. obviously i got it corrected and never had to pay it, but it pisses me off the lack of morality in some people - this is theft, pure and simple, just like any other.

and while i'm on my soapbox, on another occasion, this time at bennigans, i was with my mom and pops, and we had quite a few beers with dinner, and i think our tab was around $100, and the con-artist waitress brought us our tab, ringing up an extra c-note, and we paid it at first, but then we looked closer at it after she left, and pops called it out to her, and whaddya know - she had the extra cash ready immediately in her front pocket to give back without question - she didn't even look at the tab - a blatant sign she knew what she was doing.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:06 AM   #13
cuervo72
Head Coach

bryce, did you call her out to her manager?
Old 05-09-2003, 10:18 AM   #14
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo72
bryce, did you call her out to her manager?

no, probably should have in retrospect, but instead we just took the tip off the table and left her nothing at all. so her shenanigans cost her $20, in effect, but then again, she probably duped some other folks that night and made up for it.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:33 AM   #15
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, better than nothing I guess.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:58 AM   #16
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I'll never forget the year my wife's new bank card was stolen from our mailbox... three weeks before Christmas. They emptied her bank account in a matter of hours, and we didn't suspect anything because we never knew her card had been delivered to our house. She tried to take out money for the kids' lunch and saw she was $1500 overdrawn.

It took us almost a year to get it straightened out.

I say chop off their balls and feed them to a wig.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:26 PM   #17
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I say be nice and forgiving to them. On a different note, I just got a great new grill at Lowes.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:35 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(kicks Grant in the groin repeatedly)

Grrr
Old 05-09-2003, 12:41 PM   #19
vtbub
College Starter

That really sucks.

Don't you think Michael Vick has enough money

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 05:27 PM   #20
Buzzbee
College Starter

Here are a couple of links to Clark Howard's website. It has some information about identity theft, how to prevent it, and who to call.

To report fraud

Info on identity theft

Hope it helps!
Old 05-09-2003, 08:05 PM   #21
tucker342
Pro Starter

That sucks dude!!! That would really piss me off if that ever happened to me...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:17 PM   #22
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Trust me, I'm still pissed off. Fortunately, looks like the charges will be disputed, and they've already turned it over to their fraud investigator. I hope whoever it was makes one more purchase
Old 05-09-2003, 08:31 PM   #23
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
I say chop off their balls and feed them to a wig.

Seriously though,

I also had my card stolen. Happened to me last year, actually. Went to buy a new charger for my cell phone, paid with my visa debit card, the sonofabitch clerk kept my card then took me for an $800 shopping spree in about 2 hours before i realized it was missing. What I do know is this-- you definitely won't be responsible, especially since of course your sig won't match. I believe the c.c. company has 45 days to issue a provisional credit to your acct. pending the completion of the investigation...
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:33 PM   #24
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

Dola,

And to keep in line with suggested ways to handle the dickhead who used your card...I'll borrow a suggestion from Full Metal Jacket...Just unscrew their head(s) and shit down their neck..
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote