Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2024, 09:50 AM   #26601
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I don't think I ever realized Love The One Youre With wasn't a CSN(Y) song. I mean I never put much thought into it but still was surprising.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 03-19-2024 at 09:50 AM.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:10 AM   #26602
cuervo72
Head Coach

Huh - I never realized that either.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:26 PM   #26603
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
well, it does have Crosby and Nash on backing vocals
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:29 PM   #26604
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

On the issue of driving, I wasn't sure whether to post this here or the strange news thread, but seeing as though we just had a short discussion about traffic laws... how about this beauty?

APCIA says veto "dangerous" House Bill | Insurance Business America

Basically, Utah is about to pass a law that makes it legal for someone turning left at an intersection to not yield to incoming traffic if that vehicle runs a red light or stop sign. I mean, WTF?

Yes, I agree, the bastards running red lights and stop signs should be punished, not law-abiding citizens. So you know what we'll do about it? Make it legal for you to turn directly into oncoming traffic, potentially (and likely) killing you and them. THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!

I can only assume this is a really poor way to ensure that in this type of collision, the person turning left isn't ticketed or faulted for the accident. But it's really, really stupid. It encourages accidents. And if that is the intent, there's a better way to absolve them of liability or breaking a traffic law than saying "you don't have to yield the right of way to the vehicle coming directly at you if you decide to turn, so have at it!"

This is the section of law that would be added:

Quote:
The operator of a vehicle intending to turn to the left at an intersection is not required to yield the right-of-way to a vehicle operator approaching from the opposite direction if the vehicle operator approaching from the opposite direction fails to stop when required to stop by a stop sign or steady red signal at that intersection.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 08:22 PM   #26605
Edward64
Head Coach

Bond. James Bond.

vs

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 11:14 AM   #26606
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

ugh

Despite all her rage, she is still just a rat in a cage

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-20-2024 at 06:18 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 12:29 PM   #26607
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I think Idris Elba aged out of James Bond. If he had gotten it instead of Craig or if he had a shorter span of movies it would have worked. But by the time they shoot another he'll be the same age Craig was in the last Bond.

I thought Aaron Taylor-Johnson was great in Bullet Train and can play Bond a suave with an edge. If you wanna go down a rabbit hole, look at how he met his wife when she was the director of his movie. He was 18, she was 42, but they're still together with 2 kids so...
Old 03-20-2024, 03:41 PM   #26608
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post

I thought Aaron Taylor-Johnson was great in Bullet Train and can play Bond a suave with an edge. If you wanna go down a rabbit hole, look at how he met his wife when she was the director of his movie. He was 18, she was 42, but they're still together with 2 kids so...

Bullet Train was one of those movies that I had no interest in seeing, but people kept recommending it, so we watched it. My wife and I both thought it was excellent. I think I didn't like the idea of a blockbuster action film in a seemingly contained space, but really well done with a lot of charm and well-timed comedy. I didn't even realize who it was until afterwards, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson was great.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 05:37 AM   #26609
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
On the issue of driving, I wasn't sure whether to post this here or the strange news thread, but seeing as though we just had a short discussion about traffic laws... how about this beauty?

APCIA says veto "dangerous" House Bill | Insurance Business America

Basically, Utah is about to pass a law that makes it legal for someone turning left at an intersection to not yield to incoming traffic if that vehicle runs a red light or stop sign. I mean, WTF?

Yes, I agree, the bastards running red lights and stop signs should be punished, not law-abiding citizens. So you know what we'll do about it? Make it legal for you to turn directly into oncoming traffic, potentially (and likely) killing you and them. THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!

I can only assume this is a really poor way to ensure that in this type of collision, the person turning left isn't ticketed or faulted for the accident. But it's really, really stupid. It encourages accidents. And if that is the intent, there's a better way to absolve them of liability or breaking a traffic law than saying "you don't have to yield the right of way to the vehicle coming directly at you if you decide to turn, so have at it!"

This is the section of law that would be added:

My reading of that is you are not required to take evasive actions to protect the illegal driving of the other person. I suspect this is a response to people swerving to avoid drivers that run a stop sign for example and then run into a third car while the car that ran the stop sign goes on their merry way. In other words, while we would like you to try and avoid the car who ran the stop sign, we would prefer you hit that car as opposed to bringing a third car into the mix.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:55 AM   #26610
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

What is it about plaintiffs lawyers that make them massive pricks? Like I sent a guy an email literally providing documents he asked for and excerpted language from it, and he decided to demean me, threaten me, and reply with his credentials about why he's smarter. And he cc'd his staff, presumably to show how superior he is. Literally first time I've ever spoken to this douche.

Not how I want to start my day.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 03-21-2024 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:47 AM   #26611
jcard
n00b

BUYING GAS IN 2024

1. “Choose payment method”

2. “Insert card”

3. “Card read error”

4. Rotate Card and Reinsert

5. “Card read error”

6. Flip Card and Reinsert

7. “Card read error”

8. Rotate Flipped Card and Reinsert

9. “Please wait, verifying”

10. “Remove Card”

11. Decline Car Wash

12. Decline Rewards Program Offer

13. Decline Text Notifications

14. Decline Electronic Receipts

15. “[Extended pause] … “

16. “Removal nozzle and select grade”

17. “[Extended pause] … “

18. “Insert nozzle and begin pumping!”
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 04:13 PM   #26612
Edward64
Head Coach

You forgot the mindless ads that are played.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:18 PM   #26613
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

At least you're allowed to pump your own gas
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:38 PM   #26614
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

19 Get card number stolen by skimmer
Old 03-22-2024, 08:29 AM   #26615
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'll admit that when I was young, there was a time when I thought that Kevin Bacon was Kenny Loggins (based on the Footloose video). I still kind of picture Kevin Bacon in my head when I hear Kenny Loggins singing...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 09:27 AM   #26616
jcard
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
You forgot the mindless ads that are played.

Not to mention the late-day bonus:

Fill up at night while listening to a recording of that morning’s weather forecast for the day.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 10:20 AM   #26617
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trick that works at most pumps:

Push the second button from the top on the right side of the screen. It usually mutes the sound of the ads, etc.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:03 PM   #26618
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I hope people are happy now that Kate Middleton looked depressed that she had to go on TV to say she has cancer.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:03 PM   #26619
Ksyrup

Well, the royal family definitely knows the definition of Friday afternoon news dump!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-22-2024, 01:11 PM   #26620
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I hope people are happy now that Kate Middleton looked depressed that she had to go on TV to say she has cancer.
It has always been my guess. The idea they held back the news to help the kids understand first makes sense. I still have a fear this is a form of cancer that has a lower survival rate which would also explain how closed up they have been since the diagnosis.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:23 PM   #26621
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

So it is not just me. Good to know.

Before anyone takes this as dislike for her or the Royal Family or anything like that, it is not. I am generally indifferent to them. I hope she kicks cancer's ass. But damn, I hated the media's obsession with her over the last couple of weeks especially when I believe that it did not come from a place of concern for her.

Good luck to her.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 03-22-2024, 01:33 PM   #26622
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It has always been my guess. The idea they held back the news to help the kids understand first makes sense. I still have a fear this is a form of cancer that has a lower survival rate which would also explain how closed up they have been since the diagnosis.

I was thinking either cancer or a medically necessary hysterectomy with complications. I feel like there's still a stigma for women who get them, doubly so if people think you only exist to create heirs.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:37 PM   #26623
Edward64
Head Coach

I was actually thinking losing a baby. It had to be something "bad", otherwise she wouldn't have kept it quiet for so long.

But yeah, the media should have respected her privacy.

With that said, I think the Crown public relations handled it poorly also. Something like "... this is a serious matter. We appreciate giving the Duchess and Prince their privacy. We will inform you when the time is right".

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-22-2024 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:39 PM   #26624
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
With that said, I think the Crown public relations handled it poorly also.
Incredibly poorly. So much of the speculation has come because of how badly they have handled this.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:20 PM   #26625
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Let's not blame "the media" or "the Crown" without noting where the blame really lies: with a sick fuck population of the world that wants nothing more than misery on anybody that seems even halfway decent, sane, or likable.
Old 03-22-2024, 04:21 PM   #26626
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

100% with Jon here.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 06:37 PM   #26627
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Whoever invented family bathrooms is a god send. I just had to shit at Madison square garden and I can’t imagine what the stalls are like.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:30 PM   #26628
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Whoever invented family bathrooms is a god send. I just had to shit at Madison square garden and I can’t imagine what the stalls are like.

lol that is not what they were made for but....okay...
Old 03-22-2024, 08:44 PM   #26629
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I heard someone call the Kate gossip QAnon for wine moms.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:21 AM   #26630
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just a heads up for anyone that plays fictional leagues and wants custom logos, BING's AI can now be used to make custom logos. Obviously they aren't going to be professional quality, but you type what you want and the AI makes them. You can easily make a logo and use paint to make it transparent is less than a minute.

Small tip would be to advise it to not put any words on the logo as it seems that AI at this point has a real problem putting words on pictures even if you tell it exactly what to write.

It can make pretty much anything you ask it to. It made my Cincinnati Porkers a logo with a farmer holding a pig in one hand and a baseball bat in the other in front of a city skyline with a baseball for the sun/moon as an example of what it is capable of.

EDIT: It's totally free.

Last edited by dubb93 : 03-24-2024 at 11:22 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:24 AM   #26631
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
It made my Cincinnati Porkers a logo with a farmer holding a pig in one hand and a baseball bat in the other in front of a city skyline with a baseball for the sun/moon as an example of what it is capable of.

That sounds amazing, I want that on a long sleeve T-shirt.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:27 AM   #26632
Edward64
Head Coach

P Diddy, if true "I'll be missing you".
Old 03-26-2024, 07:41 AM   #26633
Ksyrup

I suppose this isn't a random thought but maybe not a big enough story to warrant its own thread - the Baltimore bridge collapse. Having seen the video, wow.

I'm no engineer, but I have to believe that a bridge shouldn't turn into a stack of dominoes when it's hit on one pillar. But maybe a hit that hard, it doesn't matter. Bridge was built in 1977 so it's not THAT old. Just striking to see the entire thing go down like it was packed with dynamite from one side to the other.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:03 AM   #26634
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
and slightly related to this, what in the hell happened to Maria Bartiromo? She used to be a respected financial newscaster. She was trying to link the bridge collapse to the "wide open border" this morning
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 11:08 AM   #26635
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I suppose this isn't a random thought but maybe not a big enough story to warrant its own thread - the Baltimore bridge collapse. Having seen the video, wow.

I'm no engineer, but I have to believe that a bridge shouldn't turn into a stack of dominoes when it's hit on one pillar. But maybe a hit that hard, it doesn't matter. Bridge was built in 1977 so it's not THAT old. Just striking to see the entire thing go down like it was packed with dynamite from one side to the other.

I feel like a big part of the infrastructure bill debate was the deteriorating state of the nation's bridges. Cracks in bridges seemed like something I heard more than a few times during that debate.

I found this in an article about the bill signing.

Quote:
Some 20%, or 173,000 miles, of the nation’s highways and major roads are in poor condition, as are 45,000 bridges, according to the White House.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:11 AM   #26636
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
and slightly related to this, what in the hell happened to Maria Bartiromo? She used to be a respected financial newscaster. She was trying to link the bridge collapse to the "wide open border" this morning

Because of course she was.

I heard an interview with a navy admiral who said that ship probably weighed 200,000 tons. The bridge didn't stand a chance.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:39 PM   #26637
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That sounds amazing, I want that on a long sleeve T-shirt.

I’ll try to remember to send the logo to you when I’m at home tomorrow.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:11 PM   #26638
GrantDawg

Because of how stupid the prices have gotten, I haven't had anything from McDonalda in a very long time. I had a craving the other day, and just ignored it by getting angry thinking about a $12 quaterpiynder meal.

But.. I just read Krisly Kreme has started a partnership with McDonalds and will have donuts at participating stores at the end of the year. This might be a problem.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2024, 07:19 AM   #26639
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Went to a Goodwill where you dig in bins and buy things by the pound. Normally just look for records or neglected electronics I can fix and resell.

Last night I came across a Nintendo 2ds and got it for 50¢. Seems to work perfectly minimally neglected, just no stylus or charger.

Looking back, I can't shake the feeling some kid may have been running around, got distracted, and lost theirs in a bin. My reasoning is it was fully charged and pretty clean and there are people who shop there specifically to sell things at flea markets... No way they would have overlooked it. And the goodwill normally takes the best quality donations and sells them online, no way they overlook a perfectly working 2ds.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:20 AM   #26640
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Because of how stupid the prices have gotten, I haven't had anything from McDonalda in a very long time. I had a craving the other day, and just ignored it by getting angry thinking about a $12 quaterpiynder meal.

If you use their app, you can get food for historically normal prices, but I'm just too lazy to keep downloading apps for everything
Old 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM   #26641
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There’s wild deals in the McDonald’s app. Locally, For example, If the Cavs score 100, you get a Big Mac for a dollar or something. Stuff like that. Always running something like 10 piece/Big Mac/Quarter pounder buy one get one .29.

Plus it’s easy to use the app.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:55 AM   #26642
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you use their app, you can get food for historically normal prices, but I'm just too lazy to keep downloading apps for everything

Much as I hate to admit it -- because I'm very similar about not wanting an app for everything under the sun -- the deals on the McDonald's app are good enough that I've been willing to keep it around for several months now.

Our deals here aren't the most exciting, but between the 20% off that's around most of the time and the rotating BOGO deals, I get enough use from it that I don't get tooooo annoyed by it being on my phone.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:56 AM   #26643
GrantDawg

I don't like McDonald's enough to chase deals on the app.

Old 03-27-2024, 10:09 AM   #26644
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't like McDonald's enough to chase deals on the app.

That's kinda why I'm okay with theirs: I never feel like I'm chasing.

McDonalds mood strikes -- which is give or take once a week for me -- then I look ... and about 95% of the time there's something usable there.

It's very ... consistent, I think it's only failed to be worthwhile to me one time in 6-9 months.

YMMV naturally, I'm just sayin that it's pretty lowkey as those app things go.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:23 PM   #26645
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.threads.net/@mevictord/post/C5BlKypuZ-E

A lot of bad people are really nervous right now (Diddy sex trafficking related)

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 03-27-2024 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:10 PM   #26646
Kodos
Resident Alien

I, for one, would like to say that I have never had sex with Diddy, and I have not attended any parties at any of his houses.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 01:46 PM   #26647
molson
General Manager

I want to see what evidence they have before I admit or deny anything.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:14 AM   #26648
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I just got a promotion this morning that I absolutely was not expecting. I've worked in IT for the same company the last 14 years (first big boy job) and have had to move around to move up the ladder. This is actually the first promotion I've gotten where my job responsibilities won't really change. I'm ecstatic!
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:19 AM   #26649
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I just got a promotion this morning that I absolutely was not expecting. I've worked in IT for the same company the last 14 years (first big boy job) and have had to move around to move up the ladder. This is actually the first promotion I've gotten where my job responsibilities won't really change. I'm ecstatic!

Nice!
Old 03-28-2024, 01:26 PM   #26650
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Nice. My son-in-law recently got a promotion about two years earlier than expected. He works tech support for a cloud service company. They seem to love him. He started that job with no degree or certifications (though he has since gotten a Microsoft certification), and his main experience was working for a guy that ran online game servers for Minecraft and Gary's Mod.