Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2024, 09:11 AM   #301
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Exactly my thought. That seems like the kind of trade you make during the draft when the picks are at about #20 and you have someone specific in mind. Odd.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:28 AM   #302
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Like, nothing wrong with it. But how can you know this far out the relative value of 23 vs. 42?

it's a secret
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:36 AM   #303
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

It has got to be to move up. Giving two first round picks this year and maybe a first rounder next year moves them how many slots up?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:02 AM   #304
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Saints signing Nathan Peterman.

Classic "If our starting QB goes down, we are fucked. And we don't practice fucked." signing.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:19 AM   #305
miami_fan
Coordinator

Aaron Donald is heading home to be a family man.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:32 AM   #306
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We are going to see this more and more. Dudes get the one big payday and retire young rather than have their brains scrambled.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:03 PM   #307
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Props to him for going out on his own terms.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:40 PM   #308
Swaggs
Coordinator

How high of a pick can the Vikings get with #11 and #23 (+ change)? Maybe they are trying to move up to get Maye or Daniels at like 5 or so?

I saw a rumor that they are trying to get another 1st rounder for Jefferson, which makes some sense if they are completely rebooting without Cousins. Jefferson is still only 24, but will be making big money after next season.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:46 PM   #309
RainMaker
General Manager

I think he flirted with the idea when they won the Super Bowl but the Rams threw a truckload of money at him to stay.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:55 PM   #310
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
How high of a pick can the Vikings get with #11 and #23 (+ change)? Maybe they are trying to move up to get Maye or Daniels at like 5 or so?

I saw a rumor that they are trying to get another 1st rounder for Jefferson, which makes some sense if they are completely rebooting without Cousins. Jefferson is still only 24, but will be making big money after next season.

I want them to trade Jefferson just so I can hear the reaction of that "ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THAT CATCH, JJ?!?!?" guy
Old 03-15-2024, 02:01 PM   #311
QuikSand
lolzcat

If Jefferson is honestly available for trade... who'd be in, and how big a truck would they back up for the right to pay him $35m/yr?

Like, if I'm the Chiefs I'm looking at how to package seventeen dudes and picks in that deal. Right? But same for the Jags, or the Colts, or the Texans, or the Chargers, or the Commanders, or...
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:04 PM   #312
Ksyrup

Pickett to the Eagles.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-15-2024, 02:04 PM   #313
Swaggs
Coordinator

Steelers trade Baby Hands Pickett and #120 to the Eagles for #98 and two 2025 7th rounder. Thought he might be worth a little more and surprised they cut ties with a first rounder after just two seasons.

Steelers have Russ and no other QBs and I believe just two receivers now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:07 PM   #314
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
If Jefferson is honestly available for trade... who'd be in, and how big a truck would they back up for the right to pay him $35m/yr?

Like, if I'm the Chiefs I'm looking at how to package seventeen dudes and picks in that deal. Right? But same for the Jags, or the Colts, or the Texans, or the Chargers, or the Commanders, or...

Especially after I read some analysis that the guy they signed to replace MVS, Marquise Brown, was uniquely unqualified to be his replacement (I can't remember where I read it this morning, but he ranked near the bottom (25 out of 29) in whatever category MVS excelled at).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-15-2024 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:24 PM   #315
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Baby paws had to go. Glad they actually shanked him instead of keeping him.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:39 PM   #316
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sad to see Donald retire. A Guy wearing the same uniform color scheme for his entire pro and college career has to be somewhat unique did imagine. I know the rams were more of a gold when he started there but I also believe Pitt uses that shade.

Last edited by stevew : 03-15-2024 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:50 PM   #317
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Steelers trade Baby Hands Pickett and #120 to the Eagles for #98 and two 2025 7th rounder. Thought he might be worth a little more and surprised they cut ties with a first rounder after just two seasons.

Steelers have Russ and no other QBs and I believe just two receivers now.

Welcome to the Justin Fields sweepstakes.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:51 PM   #318
Ksyrup

I would pay to watch Tomlin press conferences on a team with both Russ and Fields.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:52 PM   #319
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I would pay to watch Tomlin press conferences on a team with both Russ and Fields.

He wouldn't even have to speak, the media would just tell us what a marvelous job they were all doing en route to competing for a wildcard berth.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:01 PM   #320
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I think Tomlin is going to have an aneurism the first time Wilson throws a late game INT to cause a loss, and he ends his press conference with "Steelers Country. Let's forge"
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:13 PM   #321
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
He wouldn't even have to speak, the media would just tell us what a marvelous job they were all doing en route to competing for a wildcard berth.

With those QBs, if he gets a WC out of them, I'd give him a 10 year extension.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:21 PM   #322
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

Unless you're rebuilding or your QB situation is completely hopeless, I can't see a real downside to shelling all out to get him.

Elite WRs right now seem similar to elite #9 centre forwards in soccer: there aren't many, they can and will absolutely take your team to another level, and they command some serious investment in trade/wages.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:49 PM   #323
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I’m here for everything with Russ. The first story about somebody playing Future in the locker room. The invariable full page ad thanking Steeler Nation. The mansion for sale listing. I may go to training camp.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:10 PM   #324
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Pittsburgh just downgraded really
Old 03-15-2024, 04:18 PM   #325
Ksyrup

I found this humorous.

Old 03-15-2024, 04:21 PM   #326
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Seattle QB Drew Lock headed to Giants
Old 03-15-2024, 04:27 PM   #327
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

there is actually a guy named Teddy Bridgewater
Old 03-15-2024, 04:31 PM   #328
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Are you new to the NFL, sir?
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:06 PM   #329
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yup
Old 03-15-2024, 06:43 PM   #330
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
With those QBs, if he gets a WC out of them, I'd give him a 10 year extension.

What about going 10-7 and getting a Wild Card with [checks notes] Kenny Pickett, Mason Rudolph and Mitch Trubisky as your quarterbacks?
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 06:53 PM   #331
bronconick
College Starter

Yeah. Tomlin routinely drags the corpse of the Steelers to 9-10 wins and maybe the last wild card slot since Big Ben was a lumbering statue in the late 2010's.
bronconick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:03 PM   #332
Ksyrup

Saw some reporting that the Steelers dumped Pickett because he wasn't handling the signing of Wilson very well, on the heels of refusing to dress as the 3rd QB in week 17.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:21 PM   #333
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Saw some reporting that the Steelers dumped Pickett because he wasn't handling the signing of Wilson very well, on the heels of refusing to dress as the 3rd QB in week 17.

Same. Also rumors they might be in on Fields. Depending on what they give up, might be worth a flyer. If they can't fix him, likely nobody can.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:04 PM   #334
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Saints signing Nathan Peterman.

Classic "If our starting QB goes down, we are fucked. And we don't practice fucked." signing.

I just saw the clivkbait article and thought it was about Fields getting traded
Old 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM   #335
Ksyrup

This is like a "worlds collide" thing.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:31 PM   #336
Danny
Head Coach

Such an odd move by the Texans to trade down this soon. If youre on the board and no one you love is there then sure but what is a big time player at a position of need falla to 23.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 02:03 AM   #337
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This is just a thought, and it’s probably never worked in the history of the NFL. but if you’re a team like the Jets or the Rams, could you trade for Justin Fields with the intention of him potentially playing something like 5-15 plays per game at quarterback? Probably Rodgers wouldn’t be able to handle it I guess but I wonder if Stafford could. Like those teams are gonna play a certain way with the personal they have, and, adding a mobile quarterback look would make the defenses prepare for that as well. Maybe the Bucs would be a good spot as well to serve as a complement to Mayfield.

The Ravens or Cardinals make way too much sense as a landing spot just because Fields should be able to solidly resemble their starter if there’s an injury.
Old 03-16-2024, 02:43 AM   #338
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I now realize my alerts are several days behind even tho I just see them on facebook today.

Anyway...ljust read that The Bengals traded RB Joe Mixon to the Texans for a 7th round draft pick. ANd they got RB Zack Moss from the Colts FA

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-16-2024 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:40 PM   #339
Atocep
Coordinator

Sounds like Fields to the Steelers is a done deal.

EDIT: Conditional 2025 6th that can become a 4th. That tells you all you need to know about how the rest of the league perceives Fields.

Last edited by Atocep : 03-16-2024 at 05:47 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 06:01 PM   #340
Ksyrup

I love the next notification I got from ESPN that says Fields will not compete for the starting job.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:11 PM   #341
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That’s like essentially one level above being cut
Old 03-16-2024, 06:14 PM   #342
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Great trade for Pittsburgh. While I am not a Russel Wilson fan, it’s hard to argue that Wilson + Fields is a huge upgrade over Pickett + Rudolph and all for a league minimum salary and a day three pick.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 06:30 PM   #343
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The Steelers got more for Pickett than they gave for Fields. I just giggle thinking all the Bears fans just fully convinced the Falcons where going to them the number 8 pick and another late rounder for him.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 06:43 PM   #344
Danny
Head Coach

Makes me feel better about the Getsy OC hire. Clearly the league doesnt think anything of Fields.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:40 PM   #345
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Trey Lance went for a 4th ... after three starts and two injuries.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:46 PM   #346
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Trey Lance went for a 4th ... after three starts and two injuries.

Less film, clinging to that hope he can still be good. League has seen 3 years of Fields.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:55 PM   #347
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Less film, clinging to that hope he can still be good. League has seen 3 years of Fields.

And I can't fathom why anyone would want/need to see a 4th.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:56 PM   #348
rjolley
College Starter

Not surprised Fields was traded, but did think he would get more. Glad this is resolved. Let's continue to build the roster and hope they can do better developing a QB.

As for Getsy, I thought he did well scripting out a game plan, but struggled making adjustments later in the game. He seemed unable to adjust to what he had available vs what he wanted to have, not only at QB, but all over the offense. Having the smallest WR blocking LBs or linemen consistently or the issues up front with blocking assignments were questionable.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 09:08 PM   #349
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

kinda feel sorry for wilson now. he's probably not going to start all the time. Also i've never seen a contingency pick before. the 6th rounder becomes a 4th rounder only based on playtime? that's so odd. I'm surprised that is allowed. Bears didn't really seem to get anything for him.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:10 PM   #350
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
That’s like essentially one level above being cut

I know, right? I hate fields but I don't think he's THAT bad. I think his prissy shit attitude was the thing that did him in.