Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I don't want to step on your toes or insult you man, but I think with so many people having issues, there is something going on with the import. Either the game is broken or you're not doing something right.

I appreciate your commishing, so please don't take this the wrong way.

Well I'm going to take a few steps to try to fix it. Like clearing out the export folder of all the old exports in case the game is doing something strange and doing the same to the export folder on the web and then making sure they correspond once they're imported.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #52
MattG
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I'd recommend everyone in the future ensure that once you upload it, that you redownload the same import via FTP after you've exported it, to make sure it matches what you sent to the server.

Never heard of this...how do I go about doing this? I'm in 4 other leagues and have never had a problem uploading or downloading.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #53
spot
High School JV

Quote:
I'd recommend everyone in the future ensure that once you upload it, that you redownload the same import via FTP after you've exported it, to make sure it matches what you sent to the server.

OOTPX doesn't have this option anymore. There are only options to import and export your team (which would be from the import/export folder) and export via FTP.

Matt, this option was available in OOPT 9 on your transactions screen (or pitching / lineups). It was a button on the bottom right label import/export. It's still there in X, but the option to import via FTP is not there anymore.
spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #54
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Turns out my export didn't take either. Have we heard from anyone whose DID?
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The good news is next season is only a week away!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #56
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Yeah, but we do have to help DC figure this out.

One thing about historical is that most early draft picks are MLB-ready. Thats the whole point. Since the draft occurs with spring training, ones draftees have to get moved to the majors in the export that preps the team for the season. So, my first rounder and first supplemental guys didn't make the majors. Not a big deal once, especially since its widespread. But we don't want that to become the norm.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
Yeah, but we do have to help DC figure this out.

One thing about historical is that most early draft picks are MLB-ready. Thats the whole point. Since the draft occurs with spring training, ones draftees have to get moved to the majors in the export that preps the team for the season. So, my first rounder and first supplemental guys didn't make the majors. Not a big deal once, especially since its widespread. But we don't want that to become the norm.

My guess since DC said he had internet problems this morning that affected it somehow. This hasn't happened before, so not going to be a huge deal to me. Yeah it was annoying to me since it kind of crippled my team financially next year since I didn't get to make the moves I intended, but everyone got affected the same way. The great thing about this format is, whatever happened, it doesn't take long to recover from, so not the end of the world.

(Plus this way since I didn't make the playoffs, I can simply blame DC for that. See how easy that works out for me?)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #58
spot
High School JV

So is there any info on the "new owner dropping salary" rule?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
So is there any info on the "new owner dropping salary" rule?

The rule is..you can drop up to $20m in bad contracts. One time only. When you first start. The idea is to ensure new owners don't get saddled with bad deals inherited by the old regime.

It's mostly a relic of FOOL1 where bad contracts were sometimes the norm (I contributed my fair share to this, FTR.) and we didn't think it was fair for new owners to have to come in and deal with that.

I dunno if it's really a necessary rule in this league, to be honest, but rather than spend a lot of time parsing through rules of the other leagues, I think we'll allow it for new owners as stated in the rulebook just to keep it simple.

So long story short, you can PM me who you want to release and do so by the end of free agency this season, so I can get those players off your books and into the FA pool. You can't sign them back for a year either.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #60
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
My guess since DC said he had internet problems this morning that affected it somehow. This hasn't happened before, so not going to be a huge deal to me. Yeah it was annoying to me since it kind of crippled my team financially next year since I didn't get to make the moves I intended, but everyone got affected the same way. The great thing about this format is, whatever happened, it doesn't take long to recover from, so not the end of the world.

(Plus this way since I didn't make the playoffs, I can simply blame DC for that. See how easy that works out for me?)

It's probably the problem that happened when I ran the file at work. Sorry about that. I won't ever do that again and I hadn't ever before, I'll use my home laptop for the game where the files always reside and hopefully OOTP won't muck it up, because I did what I always do with this set, but I have no idea what happened, but surely switching machines to run the season must've caused us some grief.

So yes, blame this lost season on me and don't fire your manager this year.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #61
spot
High School JV

Quote:
The rule is..you can drop up to $20m in bad contracts. One time only. When you first start. The idea is to ensure new owners don't get saddled with bad deals inherited by the old regime.

It's mostly a relic of FOOL1 where bad contracts were sometimes the norm (I contributed my fair share to this, FTR.) and we didn't think it was fair for new owners to have to come in and deal with that.

I dunno if it's really a necessary rule in this league, to be honest, but rather than spend a lot of time parsing through rules of the other leagues, I think we'll allow it for new owners as stated in the rulebook just to keep it simple.

So long story short, you can PM me who you want to release and do so by the end of free agency this season, so I can get those players off your books and into the FA pool. You can't sign them back for a year either.

Thanks. I really don't have any contracts to dump as most of my big $$$ are FA's soon anyway. Just was making sure.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #62
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Congrats playoff teams. I'm happy the Cardinals will be adding some much needed youth.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #63
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Shit! I just looked at the file and forgot to export for the regular season. Nap Lajoie wasn't even in the starting lineup.

Edit:

Oh, just looked at the last couple pages of this thread. At least I got a good draft pick out of this.

Last edited by Montreal_GM : 08-29-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote