Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #901
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Assuming I am thinking of the right over the top action scene (seemed like there were a few), my wife and I laughed a few times during it. The scene was fun, but so outrageous that we had to laugh at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
I liked the over the top action scene... but I didn't like the big cameo. It distracted me from immersing myself in the story.

What big cameo? I don't remember there being a big cameo. Feel free to spoiler protect if necessary.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #902
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Assuming I am thinking of the right over the top action scene (seemed like there were a few), my wife and I laughed a few times during it. The scene was fun, but so outrageous that we had to laugh at it.

What big cameo? I don't remember there being a big cameo. Feel free to spoiler protect if necessary.

It's not even really a cameo. He was listed in the credits so it's not some major surprise. Keven Smith is in the movie.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #903
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
It's not even really a cameo. He was listed in the credits so it's not some major surprise. Keven Smith is in the movie.

That would be why I didn't remember seeing a cameo...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #904
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
And they showed him in trailers. That's why I was confused when someone said cameo...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #905
Johnny93g
College Starter

Die Hard 4 7/10

Very fun, best action movie i've seen in a while. I'm a big Die Hard fan. Kevin Smith had a role in the movie, definatly isn't a cameo. My main critism is the language. This isn't a die hard we are used to hearing. It was a little weird not hearing what we usually hear from Maclean....eg "Looks like you just got buttf$%# on national tv, DWAYNE."

Overall, I liked it better then 3
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #906
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The group I was with also commented on the rating. What a joke that is. Massive violence, but they didn't actually show body parts getting shredded or say fuck, so it's PG-13? Wow.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #907
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
The group I was with also commented on the rating. What a joke that is. Massive violence, but they didn't actually show body parts getting shredded or say fuck, so it's PG-13? Wow.

It's literally the first time I've ever been sitting in a movie theater and asked myself "hey, wait a minute... wasn't this rated PG-13?"
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #908
Flasch186
Coordinator

Alpha Dog 7/10

While it wasn't what I expected I thought that a look at the true story from a different angle was refreshing once I understood that they weren't going the typical action/suspense route. Obviously, the actors did a good job because I found myself yelling at the screen and feeling emotions for characters. I DO recommend this movie as long as you dont go into it looking for the same hum drum suspense type flick.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #909
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Alpha Dog 7/10

While it wasn't what I expected I thought that a look at the true story from a different angle was refreshing once I understood that they weren't going the typical action/suspense route. Obviously, the actors did a good job because I found myself yelling at the screen and feeling emotions for characters. I DO recommend this movie as long as you dont go into it looking for the same hum drum suspense type flick.

Agreed. I liked this movie more than I thought, too, when I saw it in January. I'm almost choking saying it, but Timberlake actually does a good job, as do many of the other actors.

I guess I was lucky in that I didn't go in expecting ho hum suspense. Is that a sense you got from the ads when it came out, Flasch? The movie could have gone a number of ways with me, but I wasn't surprised with how they chose to do it.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #910
st.cronin
General Manager

White

I didn't like this one nearly as much as Red. The story didn't seem to flow from the characters in quite the same way, and there was just too much I was expected to buy that I couldn't.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #911
Lorena
Unregistered

The Wicker Man - 4.6/10

Antmeister liked it, but I didn't. It was a bit slow and the "best" part of the movie was the ending. The part where he ordered the woman off the bike was horrible... just horrible.

Cannibal! The Musical 7.1/10

The overracting was so ridiculous it was funny. The makers of South Park made this movie based on RL cannibal Alferd Packer. The movie was made with about $125,000 and it was basically a bunch of college buddies, teachers and relatives. I laughed so much more after watching it with the drunk commentary.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #912
Groundhog
Coordinator

Knocked Up - 8.0/10

Finally got around to watching it at the cinema thanks to some free movie tickets. Laugh out loud funny in numerous places, though also did a good job of using light-humour throughout the more serious parts. I thought the scene where they bust in on the husband thinking he's having an affair, only to find him in the middle of a fantasy baseball draft was particularily funny and hit close to home, as it's something that I'll probably get caught doing someday. Overall I didn't think it was as funny as some of the other comedies that have come out of the past couple of years (40 year old virgin, wedding crashers), but probably did a better job of the serious parts.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #913
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Knocked Up - 8.0/10

I thought the scene where they bust in on the husband thinking he's having an affair, only to find him in the middle of a fantasy baseball draft was particularily funny and hit close to home, as it's something that I'll probably get caught doing someday.

Well, this has just shot up to the top of my "must see" list.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #914
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
The Wicker Man - 4.6/10

Antmeister liked it, but I didn't. It was a bit slow and the "best" part of the movie was the ending. The part where he ordered the woman off the bike was horrible... just horrible.

4.6! It's the only movie that honestly deserves a zero. I tried to warn everyone of this movie a long time ago. And I noticed you were in that thread and still decided to watch it.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ghlight=wicker

The bike!? How about the bear costume? That was pure giggles.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 07-09-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 AM   #915
Flasch186
Coordinator

Documentary - Maxed Out 7.0/10.0

Very well done documentary about the credit in this country, the spending, and the collections. It covers everything from the government to the collections people and the victims of buzzard-like mortgage companies who go to poor communities and peddle horrible mortgages to the uneducated. My only complaint is the font they chose for some of the info. cuts, I had to squint to sometimes read it. I recommend this move.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #916
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The Wicker Man - 4.6/10

If you ever get a chance to see the original (assuming you haven't), see it. Much better movie. It is still a little bit slow in parts with too much bad music, but a much better movie. I watched the old and the new back to back and the difference was surprising.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #917
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Documentary - Maxed Out 7.0/10.0

Very well done documentary about the credit in this country, the spending, and the collections. It covers everything from the government to the collections people and the victims of buzzard-like mortgage companies who go to poor communities and peddle horrible mortgages to the uneducated. My only complaint is the font they chose for some of the info. cuts, I had to squint to sometimes read it. I recommend this move.

I just saw this last night. I'd give it a 6/10.

It's definitely worth seeing. It's criminal what the credit card companies do and how they prey on the the poor and desperate. The information is conveyed in an entertaining way and it's something everyone should know about.

My biggest complaint with the documentary was that they had not one, not two, but three stories about people who commited suicide because of all the credit card debt they had accumulated. That was just a bit too much, I think. They could have and did make the point that credit card companies are ruthless and take advantage of people and push them over the edge, without having to resort to maudlin displays, which it did.

The Harvard professor, who is interviewed throughout the movie, was on NPR a few months ago. She goes over a lot of the same stuff, but it was definitely worth a listen as well.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #918
MikeVic
Head Coach

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 8/10
I was confused a bit, but maybe after repeated viewings I'll completely understand it and will really like it (ala Memento). The movie itself was good. Had funny lines and decent action. I liked how Downey Jr. would break the fourth wall during his narrating. I don't know the crime/noir author they were talking about, otherwise maybe I'd enjoy the movie even more.

Night Watch - 6.7/10
I'd like to give this between a 6.5 and a 7... The dubbed dialogue was really hard to understand at times, and so I had to turn on subtitles too. There were some really cool parts, but also some boring aspects of the movie. I was even more confused/lost during parts of this than during Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Again, if I watch this several times maybe I'll enjoy it more. But I don't know if I want to watch it more than just once more, considering I rarely re-watch movies anyway. The score MIGHT get bumped to a full 7/10 since there's Buffy playing in the background during a scene, and I'm currently wathcing that series... so that was cool.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #919
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
4.6! It's the only movie that honestly deserves a zero. I tried to warn everyone of this movie a long time ago. And I noticed you were in that thread and still decided to watch it.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ghlight=wicker

The bike!? How about the bear costume? That was pure giggles.

Oh shit I even posted in there!! This was in Ant's Q so I blame him No but seriously, I might have been a bit generous with the rating. Yeah the costumes were a little weird but figured cults IRL that do kooky things like that so I sorta let it slide (even though watching Cage in a bear costume was pretty silly).

Antmeister and I were discussing this move for quite a while, don't know why he liked it. Maybe he said he did because the movie I chose (The Producers, 1968 version) might actually be worse.

Quote:
If you ever get a chance to see the original (assuming you haven't), see it. Much better movie. It is still a little bit slow in parts with too much bad music, but a much better movie. I watched the old and the new back to back and the difference was surprising.

In my Q, I'll have to move it up while the remake is still fresh in my mind.

Last edited by Lorena : 07-09-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #920
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Children of Men 4/10

I finally got around to seeing this, what a crap fest. I had high expectations for the movie, and I see what Cuaron was trying to do, but in the end, to me, it felt like a movie trying really hard to have too many messages/morals with way too much gratuitious violence. I may have rated this one higher if it hadn't gotten such rave reviews, but I was so let down...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:55 AM   #921
Butter
Coordinator

Once - 10

This movie is dynamite. If you are a music lover (especially singer/songwriter or indiepop type stuff), the music in this is terrific, and the story and acting is surprisingly good. I thought I'd like it going in, but not to this degree. See it.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:34 AM   #922
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Once - 10

This movie is dynamite. If you are a music lover (especially singer/songwriter or indiepop type stuff), the music in this is terrific, and the story and acting is surprisingly good. I thought I'd like it going in, but not to this degree. See it.

This movie intrigues me. Please tell me more. I thought I heard it billed as a musical? Is that an accurate description?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:43 AM   #923
Butter
Coordinator

A musical uses songs to tell parts of the story. This movie doesn't really do that. It is a movie where music is integral to the plot and is used widely throughout, but calling it a musical brings to mind (for me) a movie where the story is driven by the content of the songs. This is a movie about 2 people who collaborate on an album, so the songs come into play then...

The filmmaker actually has referred to it as a "video album", which also sounds a bit too far from the truth to me. But that is closer to what it is than a "musical". The movie is probably 50-70% music.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #924
finketr
College Prospect

License to Wed - 7/10

Saw license to wed with my girlfriend saturday. I admit that it was fairly amusing.. i laughed out loud, so there ya go.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #925
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post
License to Wed - 7/10

Saw license to wed with my girlfriend saturday. I admit that it was fairly amusing.. i laughed out loud, so there ya go.

Yikes. If it wasn't for Krasinski, this would have gotten a 0/10 from me.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #926
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Children of Men - 9/10: Brilliant movie! It was just a wonderfully done action/drama, that didn't try to shove the action in every scene. The story flowed nicely and built up to the climax gradually, adding more and more, slowly and slowly until the wonderful final scenes. Excellent cinematography (some of the best I've ever seen) and great acting. I know I'm getting this on DVD.

The hype was correct, IMO.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #927
Flasch186
Coordinator

Stranger Than Fiction

Surprisingly the best movie I may have seen all year. The acting was VERY VERY good and the storyline was so neat that there are times when youre cheering for the character to reach the < > or get up the courage to < > or not say something stupid. It truly was great and I highly recommend it to anyone.

9/10

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #928
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Good Shephard - 6/10

Was fairly bored throughout the movie. GE and I fell asleep half way through and had to start it over the next day. The second half was better than the first but I was disappointed to say the least.

Pride - 7.5/10

I love Terrance Howard and he played a great coach in this movie, but it was lacking in some parts. I kept finding myself comparing it to Coach Carter and it wasn't as good. Bernie Mac made me laugh out loud a couple of times though.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #929
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
This movie intrigues me. Please tell me more. I thought I heard it billed as a musical? Is that an accurate description?

I would say "no." I think it's a music movie more than a musical. There aren't really any of the traditional sort of musical moments where people just spontaneously break into song.

Absolutely the best move I've seen this year though. Everyone should check it out.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #930
Pyser
Pro Rookie

the frighteners - 8/10

really funny stuff, good effects for '95. still wouldnt have given peter jackson lord of the rings just based on this film, but thats why i dont run studios
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #931
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
the frighteners - 8/10

really funny stuff, good effects for '95. still wouldnt have given peter jackson lord of the rings just based on this film, but thats why i dont run studios

One of the most underrated movies of the 90s. Very inventive mixture of several different genres. The sequence in the hospital at the end where he uses intercutting flashbacks that parallel the present action is absolutely brilliant.

Don't forget that Jackson already had Heavenly Creatures, for which he received an Oscar nomination. Also, he acquired the rights to LOTR, so he was choosing the studio, not the other way around.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #932
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
One of the most underrated movies of the 90s. Very inventive mixture of several different genres. The sequence in the hospital at the end where he uses intercutting flashbacks that parallel the present action is absolutely brilliant.

Don't forget that Jackson already had Heavenly Creatures, for which he received an Oscar nomination. Also, he acquired the rights to LOTR, so he was choosing the studio, not the other way around.

Agreed on The Frighteners. It's a pretty solid movie.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #933
KWhit
Coordinator

Little Miss Sunshine

I was really looking forward to this one after hearing so many good things about it. I did enjoy it, but don't think it lived up to expectations. It had its moments, and I enjoyed the payoff at the end (though I could see it coming from a mile away).

I'll give it a 7. Solid movie.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #934
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Little Miss Sunshine

I was really looking forward to this one after hearing so many good things about it. I did enjoy it, but don't think it lived up to expectations. It had its moments, and I enjoyed the payoff at the end (though I could see it coming from a mile away).

I'll give it a 7. Solid movie.

Yeah, I agree with this. It was nominated for an Oscar or something like that right? I watched it knowing the hype, and expected something unbelievable. It didn't deliver on that part, but it was still a good movie.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #935
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Children of Men 4/10

I finally got around to seeing this, what a crap fest. I had high expectations for the movie, and I see what Cuaron was trying to do, but in the end, to me, it felt like a movie trying really hard to have too many messages/morals with way too much gratuitious violence. I may have rated this one higher if it hadn't gotten such rave reviews, but I was so let down...

/tk

Quote:
Children of Men - 9/10: Brilliant movie! It was just a wonderfully done action/drama, that didn't try to shove the action in every scene. The story flowed nicely and built up to the climax gradually, adding more and more, slowly and slowly until the wonderful final scenes. Excellent cinematography (some of the best I've ever seen) and great acting. I know I'm getting this on DVD.

The hype was correct, IMO.

I liked it a lot. It's interesting to see so many different opinions on it. Before I saw it I heard it was good, but that's it.. not too much hype which was probably a good thing.

Now The Departed wasn't at all what I expected and the hype messed it up for me I think... so I see where you're coming from TK.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #936
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
I liked it a lot. It's interesting to see so many different opinions on it. Before I saw it I heard it was good, but that's it.. not too much hype which was probably a good thing.

To me, Children of Men was a rare of example of living up to the hype.

Quote:
Now The Departed wasn't at all what I expected and the hype messed it up for me I think... so I see where you're coming from TK.

Hype also helped kill The Departed for me - especially after seeing the original, which was the better film by a good distance.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #937
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The Devil Wear Prada - 6/10: Decent flick. Hathaway and Streep give great performances, but the movie version (I hear the book is much better) is a bit too predictable. Yes, she first doesn't fit in, then she starts playing the part and getting good at her job, and then... we'll you can easily fill in the rest. A bit formulaic, but saved from below 50% by some great performances.

Thank You for Smoking - 9/10: Wow... just an incredibly well done biting satire. I originally figured it'd skewer the tobacco industry and if it just did that (using the tobacco spokesman as its vehicle), it would have been great, but it doesn't stop there. It goes after anti-tobacco Senators trying to hog the limelight and the press who feeds on the controversy. And the movie was just plain hilarious. What made it funnier was that it was thiiiiis close to real life.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #938
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
The Devil Wear Prada - 6/10: Decent flick. Hathaway and Streep give great performances, but the movie version (I hear the book is much better) is a bit too predictable. Yes, she first doesn't fit in, then she starts playing the part and getting good at her job, and then... we'll you can easily fill in the rest. A bit formulaic, but saved from below 50% by some great performances.

Actually, i didnt think the ending was exactly formulatic. I was stunned to find i was actually enjoying the movie, but the ending was nonsensical from the point of the established characters and their motivations. I hated the ending, because i felt it was totally disloyal to the reality the movie had constructed.

Streep was fantastic in this, and i was really surprised when i had to concede the Oscar nomination was probably justified.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 AM   #939
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oh come on, you didn't see that

Spoiler
Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #940
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think you're both right. The ending was formulatic and unsurprising, yet also managed to be completely unrealistic given the entire rest of the movie. Before it hit the ending I'd give it a 4 for being dumb yet not vomit inducing. After the ending, it drops to 3.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 AM   #941
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Stranger Than Fiction

Surprisingly the best movie I may have seen all year. The acting was VERY VERY good and the storyline was so neat that there are times when youre cheering for the character to reach the < > or get up the courage to < > or not say something stupid. It truly was great and I highly recommend it to anyone.

9/10

Saw this one last week, and I really enjoyed it, too. Not 9/10 enjoyed, but 7-8ish, so pretty good.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #942
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
the frighteners - 8/10

One of my little dark horse faves. I always enjoy when this movie comes in. Much better than it gets credit for, IMO.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #943
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I think you're both right. The ending was formulatic and unsurprising, yet also managed to be completely unrealistic given the entire rest of the movie. Before it hit the ending I'd give it a 4 for being dumb yet not vomit inducing. After the ending, it drops to 3.

Well, even though its dumb, the movie gets a bit bumped up because Streep is amazing in her role. Just brilliantly casted.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #944
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Well, even though its dumb, the movie gets a bit bumped up because Streep is amazing in her role. Just brilliantly casted.

Yeah, I think Groundhog bridged the gap between us. And we all agree Streep made the movie watchable.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #945
sabotai
General Manager

Inside Man - 7/10

I really liked this movie. A bank heist movie with a twist. The only real problem I had with the movie was Jodie Foster. She did not pull off that character at all and it brought the movie down a bit, IMO. Just happy she didn't have a lot of screen time. I think I also have a huge man-crush on Clive Owen.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #946
Lorena
Unregistered

Wicker Man (1973) - 7.7/10

The remake messed it up for me, we should have seen this one first. I like how this movie focused more on religion than the disappearance of the girl.

When the Levees Broke - 8.6/10

Great documentary about Katrina directed by Spike Lee. I really enjoyed the material but technically it could have been better. There was one part where the music was so loud it was hard to hear what was being said... minus 0.5 for that.

Firefly - 9.7/10

This show was aired for 1 season on the Sci-Fi Channel. It's a mix of western and sci-fi set 500 years in the future. The crew's wit and sarcasm made it extremely enjoyable.

Serenity - 8.2/10

I had seen this movie before but wanted to watch it again after finishing the series and was dissapointed. The crew seemed "made up". The mechanic girl lost some weight and didn't have that ragged look, and the companion wasn't as striking as she was on the show. I enjoyed the story, gon't get me wrong, but it wasn't as amusing or funny as the show.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #947
korme
Go Reds

Babel - 8.5/10
I bought this around the time of the Academy Awards but never got around to watching it. Just so many people lamented about how slow and boring it was. Well, those people will probably not be taken seriously with their movie reviews by me any longer. I thought it was a great film, I am all about movies with long drawn-out scenes that are slow to develop at times. The Godfather was like that. Pitt is just a remarkable actor, by the way. As if you didn't know. I recommend it.

Black Snake Moan - 7/10
I liked the characters. A bunch of rednecks centering around this hot little piece of ass (Ricci) who just needs sex at all times. She shows her boobs in four different scenes, what's not to love? A good movie to waste a night with.

Shooter - 7.5/10
Mindless action with a cliche beginning. Solid fun, however, as there is some great shots and it's cool with a lot of views through the eye of a sniper.

Transformers - 8/10
I've heard everything from it being good to it being shit. Well, I was satisfied. It had it's funny moments and of course it had some great action scenes. My only complaint is that sometimes in a battle between two robots it was hard to differentiate the good from the bad. All in all, you could really tell this was a Michael Bay film.

Bobby - 9/10
I'm disappointed that I waited this long to see the film. I was continually amazed at how many people in the movie I recognized, a full gamut from people who haven't had a hit in years (Estevez, Stone, Hunt), to excellent supporting cast actors (Macy, Wood, Kutcher), to young up-and-comers (Shia LaBeouf, Mary Elizabeth Winstead). Great movie, makes you wonder how differen't the United States would have been had RFK not been assassinated.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:48 PM   #948
korme
Go Reds

The Graduate (1967) - 8.5/10
If you didn't already know this was Dustin Hoffman's first starring role, you'd have a hard time believing it. He does such a good job as Benjamin Braddock, a nervous and shy 20 year old fresh from college who is seduced by a friend of the family, Mrs. Robinson. As an affair begins, he falls for her daughter and hilarity ensues.

Midnight Cowboy (1969) - 8/10
"Everybody's Talkin" has been stuck in my head since I watched it last night. I liked this movie a great deal, and if I re-watch both I might be more inclined to watch this one again. It's so magnificent through it's depressing situations; Voight's character is a good ole boy from Texas who is naive about the big city in New York, and Hoffman's Rattzo is a small-time con-man trying to make ends meat day by day.

I'M WALKIN HERE!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #949
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
I'M WALKIN HERE!

I always find it funny that this quote became so big. The cab that almost ran them down was a real cab that broke the barricade to try to get past the set. Hoffman never broke character and ran with it. Pretty cool that a top-50 all time quote (or whatever AFI rated it) came from an ad-lib.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:34 PM   #950
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
I always find it funny that this quote became so big. The cab that almost ran them down was a real cab that broke the barricade to try to get past the set. Hoffman never broke character and ran with it. Pretty cool that a top-50 all time quote (or whatever AFI rated it) came from an ad-lib.

Yeah, I found that out through Inside the Actor's Studio. Pretty cool that Dusty stayed in character and didn't miss a beat.