Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2015, 10:36 AM   #2651
Thomkal
Head Coach

Though a lot of board-game fanatics look down on Talisman, it still remains one of my favorites. Like the fantasy hero theme, different characters and randomness. Yeah it can bog down a bit time-wise towards the end, but not a lot of strategy required.

Played it again this Xmas with my two teenage nephews and they loved it. And I came from far behind with the boring warrior to win the game so I loved it too I have the Digital version, but have not played it as of yet.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #2652
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Hey guys, I've got a little something running over in the Steam group. If you want in head over and check it out.

PM

Last bump, plan to start today.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #2653
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

This may be a noob question but can I give my Steam games away that I no longer use but have had installed on my PC at one point?

Say FM14...I have no plans (or time) on ever playing it again since I have 15 now. But I am sure someone could use a copy who would like to try the series out but doesn't want to spend the money on it.

How does the giving away of games work? Thanks in advance.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #2654
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
This may be a noob question but can I give my Steam games away that I no longer use but have had installed on my PC at one point?

Say FM14...I have no plans (or time) on ever playing it again since I have 15 now. But I am sure someone could use a copy who would like to try the series out but doesn't want to spend the money on it.

How does the giving away of games work? Thanks in advance.

You can't.

Last edited by Blackadar : 01-01-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #2655
MrBug708
Head Coach

The only way you can is if you buy a copy of a game that allows you to give away more copies, but ones you've bought.

Steam's ability to function relies on no secondary market for games purchased
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #2656
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea, I have started adding games I purchase to my inventory instead of directly installing them. It's like books for me where i own way more books than the rate I am reading them. So, I've started adding games to my inventory with the intention of playing them. If later I decide I don't want them, I can trade them for something I do want to play at that moment.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #2657
BYU 14
Coordinator

Endless Legend now 50% off, finally puling the trigger
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #2658
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Yea, I have started adding games I purchase to my inventory instead of directly installing them. It's like books for me where i own way more books than the rate I am reading them. So, I've started adding games to my inventory with the intention of playing them. If later I decide I don't want them, I can trade them for something I do want to play at that moment.

I don't think that will work. I think the only way you can trade them away is if you purchase as a gift, and then don't add them to your library yet.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #2659
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I may have explained it poorly, but that is what I meant. That is essentially what I do. Purchase as a gift, add to my inventory (not library). Becomes tradable after 30 days, or can be gifted right away. If down the road I want to play it I add it to my library and install. If a game comes around that I want I could always sell or trade an inventoried game if I don't see myself playing it and don't want to spend money on a game.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #2660
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I may have explained it poorly, but that is what I meant. That is essentially what I do. Purchase as a gift, add to my inventory (not library). Becomes tradable after 30 days, or can be gifted right away. If down the road I want to play it I add it to my library and install. If a game comes around that I want I could always sell or trade an inventoried game if I don't see myself playing it and don't want to spend money on a game.

That's a cool idea.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #2661
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea. I recently started doing it but there are forums that have steam trading threads so maybe it will work out. Mainly because I have around 100 games, and probably have 50 sitting untouched. That steam addiction

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 01-01-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #2662
PilotMan
Head Coach

You could easily set up a trading thread in our group too if you wanted. I know you're not the only one who's been thinking along those lines.

Like Steam?

Old 01-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #2663
Ramzavail
College Starter

I know I have been
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:19 PM   #2664
Grover
Pro Starter

So I've got a copy of Nuclear Throne to gift...

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #2665
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

So how does this whole gems/card thing work? I've looked around a bit but it didn't really make a lot of sense to me.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #2666
Dutch
"Dutch"

Beats the shit out of me, my buddy uses them somehow so I just gift them away.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #2667
Groundhog
Coordinator

Gems are like cards, except I can't sell them for a pittance to put towards other games. And that's where my understanding of both ends.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #2668
Qrusher14242
High School JV

my haul from this Steam Sale(with some from a few other sites)

Killing Floor - Weapons Bundle $7.49
Microsft Flight Sim X Steam Edition $4.99
Prison Architect $5.99
Rise of Nations Extended Edition $4.99
Shadow Warrior (2013) $3.99
Chivalry - Deadliest Warrior $2.99
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance $4.50 (From Nuuvem)
Ghostbusters: The Video Game $1.99
Postal 2: Complete $0.99
Hero Siege $1.49
To The Moon $2.99
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut $4.99
Two Worlds Collection - $3.99
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Digital Deluxe Edition - $4.50 (Origin)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $4.64 (Nuuvem)
Bionic Commmando: Rearmed $1.99
Beat Hazard - Shadow Operations Unit DLC $1.99
Beyond Divinity $1.19
Cosmic DJ $1.49
How to Survive - Storm Warning Edition $1.99

Games: 18
DLC: 3

Total: $65.18

So far already finished Shadow Warrior, the 2013 reboot from Flying Wild Hog Games. The katana combat is amazing, just love it. Can slice demons to pieces at will, its real fluid.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare surprised me, its a fun game and it feels like you are in their world lol. They have points that you earn after every round and you can use them open up card packs that can drop all sorts of stuff. You can pay $$ for them but they aren't required to enjoy the game.

Ghostbusters is a really good adaption of the movies. They have all the actors voices on it, it really feels like you are a ghostbuster. Shame theres no MP in the PC release and the console is hard to come by cause the studio (Terminal Reality) went under not long ago

Rise of Nations Extended Edition is just how i remember it from years ago but now in higher resolution and with built in Steamworks. So great to finally have this game again. My favorite RTS along with Act of War

Still getting around the other games i got. I told myself i wouldnt spend as much this year but i think spent about the same as last Christmas heh

Last edited by Qrusher14242 : 01-05-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:51 AM   #2669
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I grabbed Endless Legends based on all the hype in here and it is totally justified. Fantastic 4x game, definitely hits the spots that I hoped AoWIII would fill but fell way short of.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #2670
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I grabbed Endless Legends based on all the hype in here and it is totally justified. Fantastic 4x game, definitely hits the spots that I hoped AoWIII would fill but fell way short of.

I finally fired this last weekend. Me and a friend ended up playing it for about 20 hours over the course of 2 days. It was a lot of fun. Very solid 4x game with a lot of really interesting and cool mechanics.

We were the trading people - the Egyptian/Middle Eastern type race. I really liked the speed and initiative of a lot of their units. We rarely lost a battle.

I guess the game ends at 300 turns on the basic settings. At turn 250, we got a warning that the necrophage were ahead score-wise and were going to win. So, we immediately began a crazy expansion plan. There were many unsettled regions to our north. Like 8 or 9. We started producing settlers like crazy to colonize. We then sent our two big armies north to wipe out the Cultists (they were down to one region). After took care of them, our armies swept west and started to take regions from the necrophage.

The necrophage countered and besieged one of our cities. We ended up selling off almost all of our luxury and non-essential strategic resources to quickly raise a sizeable army over the course of 2-3 turns and managed to break the siege.

As a result of our very aggressive last 50 turns we ended up winning the game. The necrophage ended up coming in 3rd place score-wise.

Just based off that one game, it would seem like a science or economic win would be really, really hard.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #2671
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Endless Legend doesn't run all that great on my aging system. I really liked it but I think it will have to go back on the shelf for a while
Old 01-06-2015, 06:18 PM   #2672
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

I'm glad I could be of sound advice and assistance.

Or just a big fat shill, but either way it's a great game.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:47 PM   #2673
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I know I'm late to the party.. but Conquest of Elysium 3 is one heck of a cool game. There went 3 hours like it was 15 minutes.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:42 AM   #2674
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I know I'm late to the party.. but Conquest of Elysium 3 is one heck of a cool game. There went 3 hours like it was 15 minutes.

Looks an awful lot like Dominions 4. How does it compare?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #2675
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post

Never played Dom 4 - but read it's like a Dom 4 LITE. Much simpler and quicker/easier to play from what I gather. I've learned not to stay on a frozen pond when spring comes.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #2676
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

I read this last night. And then bought the game 45 seconds later.

I am so weak.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #2677
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post

I read that as Dominoes 4 and was like a dominoes computer game was so popular they made 4 iterations of it? What could they possibly add? Then I was wondering if you could play dominoes and variations in the original, then they added subsequent games in the new versions. Like in version 2 you could make those giant rube goldberg like domino patterns. Then in version 3 you could play in an alley or underground club and there would be a mini game where Cousin Vitto would come and try and break your kneecaps after you fell behind on your payments. Before I could think of what version 4 was I reread the line and realized that it said Dominions...
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #2678
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I read this last night. And then bought the game 45 seconds later.

I am so weak.

HAHA.. I am too, but I have already got my $10 out of it and I still have 15 characters to use.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #2679
Ramzavail
College Starter

I was really tempted to get CoE3 too. But I have such a backlog, I'll just wait until it goes on sale. But it does look awesome. Great recommendation.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #2680
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Solecismic Software

‏@Solecismic
All your support on #Greenlight is greatly appreciated. After 10 months on the sidelines, Valve has sent us notice that we're lit.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #2681
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Fantastic news, Jim! So excited for you!
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #2682
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

SO AWESOME! Congrats Jim and FOFC!
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #2683
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats Jim!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #2684
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Woohoo!
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #2685
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Sooo...I can play FOFC on my Surface Pro 3 and also on my desktop at work and laptop at home?

That's important to me as a consumer. Even moreso if cloud saves are a part of it (although that's not a dealbreaker).

Congrats Jim!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-09-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #2686
Tasan
College Starter

Cloud saves would be awesome but I'm guessing that costs the dev some.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #2687
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Cloud saves would be awesome but I'm guessing that costs the dev some.

Unless Steam has changed things I don't think so, according to the brochure put out in 2011 (page 5) there' is no cost to the developer for using Steam Cloud or other Steamworks features.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #2688
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats Jim! Very happy for you!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #2689
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Unless Steam has changed things I don't think so, according to the brochure put out in 2011 (page 5) there' is no cost to the developer for using Steam Cloud or other Steamworks features.

Well that ought to be a no-brainer then...
Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #2690
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Well that ought to be a no-brainer then...

Yeah... that is huge!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:09 PM   #2691
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Finally! This is a great day.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #2692
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So there's gonna be a steam greenlit sale right
Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #2693
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Huzzah!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #2694
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Hey guys, I've got a little something running over in the Steam group. If you want in head over and check it out.

PM

Well it's done. After almost 10 days it's done. If you have no idea what I'm talking about you missed out. We had 18 participants and somehow we had 18 games go to those 18 participants. So basically yeah, you missed out.

Maybe it'll be done again in the future. I hope so, but we'll have to see. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Like Steam?

Old 01-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #2695
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

It was indeed a fun time! PM's generosity was awesome to behold. Thanks PM!
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #2696
Blackadar
Retired

Thanks PM!
Old 01-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #2697
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
thanks for hosting and running this fun event PM

-"barry"
Old 01-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #2698
henry296
College Starter

I'm having issues connecting to steam. It is basically saying my internet is not configured correctly. I'm assuming it has something to do with McAfee but can't figure out what to change.

Thanks for any tips.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #2699
mckerney
Coordinator

I finished the final ending of Hatoful Boyfriend last night and even for a game that's about dating birds it gets really, really weird.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #2700
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I'm having issues connecting to steam. It is basically saying my internet is not configured correctly. I'm assuming it has something to do with McAfee but can't figure out what to change.

Thanks for any tips.

I did some pc updates and a new steam client was installed and everything seems ok now.