Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Sports Management Sim Questions (FOF, EHM, and TD)

A few questions if anyone can help me out (and I'm sure they've been asked a thousand times in other threads and I apologize but)

Front Office Football

Does anyone know if there will be an all new version coming out this fall? I own a past version of the game (2001 or 2002) and am looking to upgrade, but don't really want to plunk down a bunch of cash for the current version if a new one will be along in a few months.

EHM 2005

What has Riz said regarding the North American release? I know that the NA release is supposed to have some major changes. For those purchasing the Digital Download, will it just be a patch or an all new download or what, and if so will that encompass an extra cost?

Tournament Dreams

Just looking to get a comparison between Tournament Dreams and Fast Break College Basketball. Has anyone played both and have a preference. I played Arlie Rahn's Coaching A Dynasty to death, so I figure I will love Tournament Dreams but I was just looking to get some insight.

Thanks for any help.

Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog
EHM 2005

What has Riz said regarding the North American release? I know that the NA release is supposed to have some major changes. For those purchasing the Digital Download, will it just be a patch or an all new download or what, and if so will that encompass an extra cost?

Thanks for any help.

The update will be sent via the form of a patch. A large patch most likely. There is no extra charge. If you already bought the game the "NA update" is free. There was some talk of charging a nominal fee, but that never took off. If you don't have the game, and you but it post-NA update, the game will cost the same amount as it did before.

Buy this game if you haven't.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog
Front Office Football

Does anyone know if there will be an all new version coming out this fall? I own a past version of the game (2001 or 2002) and am looking to upgrade, but don't really want to plunk down a bunch of cash for the current version if a new one will be along in a few months.
Solecismic Software has not announced what direction it is heading in. Most people here, it seems, are thinking that the next game will *not* be a new version of FOF, but will be TCY2. That being said, FOF2004 is a very good game, and definitely is a huge upgrade from FOF2001/2002, and is probably worth the $29.95 even if a new version comes out in the next few months.

Quote:
Tournament Dreams

Just looking to get a comparison between Tournament Dreams and Fast Break College Basketball. Has anyone played both and have a preference. I played Arlie Rahn's Coaching A Dynasty to death, so I figure I will love Tournament Dreams but I was just looking to get some insight.

Thanks for any help.
I played CAD to death, too, but I greatly prefer FBCB to TDCB, as do the vast majority of people who have played both. FBCB is a very, very, very good game.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #4
condors
College Starter

FOF-no word from Jim but that doesn't mean nothing is coming usually no word till late in the process usually.

EHM2005-this game i am playing more than any other right now and have been for serveral weeks

TDCB-I like the game FBCB has alot of fans here and is very good but neither game really held my interest. If i could only have one i would probally go with FBCB but it isn't an easy choice for me.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

FBCB is the best sim that I own. Both are showing some age I think but FBCB is still a very solid college basketball sim. It's clearly the way to go if you care about online league play at all
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #6
Bee
Pro Starter

I agree about FBCB being the better of the two. Does anyone know what Heavyreign is working on next?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I agree about FBCB being the better of the two. Does anyone know what Heavyreign is working on next?

Heavyreign has been very quiet here and at his FBCB forum. has not posted in a long time.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote