1 The Jackal: Danny (158)

I won't be around much for the next hour plus
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #202
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I see this as flipped around for me. To me it seems weird that he's talking about if there is/is not seer in the game. It just seems like more talk to deter from what we're trying to accomplish and that's to lynch wolves. That's the way I read it anyway. When I started to read his comments I was getting pings.

EDIT: I misread the rest of what you wrote - I left my original paragraph up, but I want to clarify in this edit, because I can. For some reason I thought Zinto was saying a reason why he wouldn't be a wolf - but then I didn't see that he voted for Autumn soon after. I need to work on my reading comprehension.

That is a reason I thought Autumn would not be a wolf if I am reading what you are saying right but then I decided I didn't have anyone better to vote for so I still voted there.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #203
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, then I am having a wtf moment. lol
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #204
Zinto
College Starter

We need some consolidation and for the rest of the people to vote soon here or it is going to be a messy end to the day.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #205
Zinto
College Starter

And if Autumn does not show up again here soon I am going to move my vote since I do not want another rolled player going down without defending their selves.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #206
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote autumn
Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #207
Autumn
Head Coach

There could be worse things than voting me off. But I still don't think it's a good vote.

I'm not sure how a wolf would/would not benefit from theorizing about whether hter'es a seer. I think this is a typical case of "latch onto something" syndrome. JAG made absolutely clear in his rules that there's a possibility that there is no seer in this game. That's all I'm saying. Since I would like to find out if Chief is a wolf, and since I'm not 100% certain there's a seer (and if there is we don't 100% know they're going to scan him) I think it's a useful vote.

Frankly, I'm not crazy about voting just based on candidates yesterday, I usually like to have more. But so far I haven't had the luck/time to find anything better.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #208
Danny
Head Coach

I would vote autumn
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #209
henry296
College Starter

I'm on the side of there is a seer, but if there wasn't I doubt that would be the role the wolves new wasn't in there.

As for tonight's vote, I'd prefer to get more clarity around last night's vote.

vote Chief Rum
Old 02-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #210
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
There could be worse things than voting me off. But I still don't think it's a good vote.

I'm not sure how a wolf would/would not benefit from theorizing about whether hter'es a seer. I think this is a typical case of "latch onto something" syndrome. JAG made absolutely clear in his rules that there's a possibility that there is no seer in this game. That's all I'm saying. Since I would like to find out if Chief is a wolf, and since I'm not 100% certain there's a seer (and if there is we don't 100% know they're going to scan him) I think it's a useful vote.

Frankly, I'm not crazy about voting just based on candidates yesterday, I usually like to have more. But so far I haven't had the luck/time to find anything better.

Like I said you saying that there may not be a a seer hints more towards a villager than a wolf. Honestly I wouldn't vote for you if it was just based upon that.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #211
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I'm on the side of there is a seer, but if there wasn't I doubt that would be the role the wolves new wasn't in there.

I definitely agree there. But I don't think JAG words it the way he does if he wasn't thinking seriously about not having a seer.

Anyway, the only reason I mentioned that possibility is that in the past I've argued for not lynching yesterday's near-lynch, since it's more efficient to let the seer scan them. I figured if I didn't mention my thought process someone would be like "oh ho, autumn usually doesn't do this".
Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #212
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
If I am a wolf Autumn I kill Crimson. When I looked back at Crimsons posts he doesn't really specifically mention anyone else and in the past Crimson would start going after Autumn a lot as the game goes on.

Oh I also feel the need to point out that CrimsonFox comes after me every single game. So #1, I'd have to kill him every game i'm a wolf, which just doesn't work, and #2 I don't really have to worry about him coming after me, if I am a wolf, since people know he always does it.

I am curious why they chose CF though. I read back through his posts and didn't see much of anything. He said he thought someone was a villager, so maybe they thought that was through a role somehow, but that seems thin. He voted Chief, is the only other thing.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #213
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well I need to go ahead and throw my vote out there since I will be gone til after the deadline... Better to not get the tie.

Vote Chief Rum
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #214
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well, now it's 4 for CR, and nobody else with more than 1. Not exactly the best for information gathering.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #215
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I have two, CW
Old 02-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #216
Autumn
Head Coach

jackal votes ntn
danny votes jackal
1-1
autumn votes chief
1-1-1
darth votes chief
2-1-1
coffee votes danny
2-1-1-1
zinto votes autumn
2-1-1-1-1
mauboy votes autumn
2-2-1-1-1
henry votes chief
3-2-1-1-1
ntn votes chief
4-2-1-1-1
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #217
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sigh...okay, guess I need to reveal...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #218
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am a stinky peasant.

Oh wait, you guys all know this already. Hrm, you're also not likely to find any value in this role.

You guys are gonna kill me, ain't ya?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #219
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Would you say....you were being oppressed?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #220
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I guess I will vote Autumn. I don't know that he's a wolf, but I know I am not, and he's the only other player with multiple votes.

VOTE AUTUMN

Last edited by Chief Rum : 02-23-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Cuz "theonly" is not a word.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #221
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Would you say....you were being oppressed?

Honestly, with the stench I bring to bear, you all are more likely to be depressed. I should invent deodorant. Wait, what good will that do? The French will just steal it from me.

Oh wait, no, they won't.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Depressed, oppressed, whatever.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #223
bhlloy
Coordinator

Finally home. Not the greatest week to have to do on-call

Seems like my choices are to push CR further ahead or tie him up with Autumn? Yuck. Guess that's what you get for voting an hour before deadline. Let me go through the thread and gather my thoughts.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #224
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I don't think Chief either creates or dispels any suspicion with his "reveal". Looking back over the day, as I consider other suspects, two come to mind.

Mauboy, who seems happy to vote me following Zinto, despite not quite understanding Zinto's points. I find Mauboy tends to play follow the leader as a wolf.

Coffee Warlord would be the other one I would look at. It seemed as soon as someone said they liked his vote last night he suddenly grew much more vocal and taking a front seat on the conversations. Yet is reluctant to vote Chief, which would be interesting if one of them turns up bad.

Not really enough to gain a vote, but then again what is this early?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #225
Autumn
Head Coach

I will just go ahead and "reveal" as my role is neither useful, nor proveable. I am Prince Herbert, and with Lancelot out of the game, I don't have any ability any more. So there's no reason to avoid voting me, I guess is what I'm saying, despite my role.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #226
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sorry Chief, I don't buy Autumn especially with that reveal which is pointless for a wolf to make and lynching you does tell us something (if little) about day 1

Vote CR
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #227
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Are you even in the lead?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #228
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Coffee Warlord would be the other one I would look at. It seemed as soon as someone said they liked his vote last night he suddenly grew much more vocal and taking a front seat on the conversations. Yet is reluctant to vote Chief, which would be interesting if one of them turns up bad.

At the risk of looking overly defensive, I at least think I've been pretty vocal throughout, when I'm around.

As for Chief, I originally brought him up. What I haven't been thrilled with was how many people rapidly jumped on him. Hence the reason I haven't voted him.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #229
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
I will just go ahead and "reveal" as my role is neither useful, nor proveable. I am Prince Herbert, and with Lancelot out of the game, I don't have any ability any more. So there's no reason to avoid voting me, I guess is what I'm saying, despite my role.

That makes sense given your position yesterday about which paired roles where in the game.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #230
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
At the risk of looking overly defensive, I at least think I've been pretty vocal throughout, when I'm around.

As for Chief, I originally brought him up. What I haven't been thrilled with was how many people rapidly jumped on him. Hence the reason I haven't voted him.

I don't know that I'd call it rapid. I think I was the only vote on him for most of the day. It seemed even back then you were wary of a pile-on, despite hardly any votes being cast. You may have just been reading the currents, I'll give you, but it seemed a bit preemptive.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #231
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I *am* wary of a pile on. I'd rather see day 2 establish at least 2 viable candidates. I suppose you qualify as the second at this point, but it took quite a bit longer to develop, mainly due to just timing of players online/voting.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #232
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 2 voting as of post 231:

5 Chief Rum: Autumn (160), DV (176), henry296 (209), ntndeacon (213), bhlloy (226)
3 Autumn: Zinto (193), mauboy1 (206), Chief Rum (220)
1 Danny: CW (185)
1 ntndeacon: The Jackal (150)
1 The Jackal: Danny (158)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #233
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, my vote is useless right now. I tend to see both of those reveals as being legit. Are we set on Chief?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #234
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If I'm to believe Autumn and want to put my vote elsewhere, where would I go? ntn had a few votes yesterday. Danny I'll likely stay away from for now. Jackal?

Somebody not voted upon?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #235
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Well, my vote is useless right now. I tend to see both of those reveals as being legit. Are we set on Chief?

Both? What is the other reveal?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #236
Danny
Head Coach

Looks like no jackal support. I will be flipping to autumn mostlikely and yes i saw his reveal
Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #237
Danny
Head Coach

I just really feel cr is a villager. I am in support of a 3rd candidate more than the top two. Obviously i like jackal
Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #238
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Both? What is the other reveal?

I suppose there was a reveal and a "reveal". Just meant Chief saying he's a vanilla.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #239
Zinto
College Starter

I don't necessarily buy Autumn's reveal since the role he claimed is one of the three I could see not being in the game. I do not like Chief right now though so I a am stuck in no mans land.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #240
The Jackal
Coordinator

Nothing wrong with me as a candidate. Early vote on mckerney who was obviously one of the important guys, haven't been around much to contribute. I can see why you're looking my way Danny.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #241
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Oh I also feel the need to point out that CrimsonFox comes after me every single game. So #1, I'd have to kill him every game i'm a wolf, which just doesn't work, and #2 I don't really have to worry about him coming after me, if I am a wolf, since people know he always does it.

I am curious why they chose CF though. I read back through his posts and didn't see much of anything. He said he thought someone was a villager, so maybe they thought that was through a role somehow, but that seems thin. He voted Chief, is the only other thing.

I understand that going after CF every game would be terrible for you as a wolf. I am struggling to see why the wolves would kill him though. He usually plays weird enough that as the game goes on people end up voting for him even though he is being himself.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #242
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Nothing wrong with me as a candidate. Early vote on mckerney who was obviously one of the important guys, haven't been around much to contribute. I can see why you're looking my way Danny.

Plus you are always a wolf.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #243
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Plus you are always a wolf.

Yeah, there's that too!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #244
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I understand that going after CF every game would be terrible for you as a wolf. I am struggling to see why the wolves would kill him though. He usually plays weird enough that as the game goes on people end up voting for him even though he is being himself.

I agree, I don't know why they did. I wouldn't kill him as a wolf, but obviously that doesn't mean much to say.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #245
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

What I mean is he is usually a good person to keep around if he is not a wolf since he is an easy target to vote for.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #246
Zinto
College Starter

Screw it I will go back to where I was yesterday.

Unvote Autumn
Vote Jackal
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #247
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Pretty easy explanation here. Jackal had a rwally early vote o him but garneres no support at all, i think there is a gpod chance a wolf jimpsd on him if he was a billager there. And again today no wolf jumping on jackal.

Looking to see your rationale here, Danny. There's no reason for a wolf to jump on him unless we had a wolf in the voting, no?

zinto votes jackal
1-1
CW votes CF
1-1-1
CF votes chief
1-1-1-1
autumn votes bhlloy
1-1-1-1-1
bhlloy votes cf
2-1-1-1-1
ntn votes mckerney
2-2-1-1-1
mckerney votes ntn
2-2-1-1-1-1
darth votes chief rum
2-2-2-1-1-1
chief votes cF
3-2-2-1-1-1
danny votes jackal
3-2-2-2-1-1

You believe Chief is a villager. We know CF and Mckerney are. So unless you think bhlloy or NTN are, what about this makes Jackal look bad? Or am I misunderstanding you?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #248
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Looking to see your rationale here, Danny. There's no reason for a wolf to jump on him unless we had a wolf in the voting, no?

zinto votes jackal
1-1
CW votes CF
1-1-1
CF votes chief
1-1-1-1
autumn votes bhlloy
1-1-1-1-1
bhlloy votes cf
2-1-1-1-1
ntn votes mckerney
2-2-1-1-1
mckerney votes ntn
2-2-1-1-1-1
darth votes chief rum
2-2-2-1-1-1
chief votes cF
3-2-2-1-1-1
danny votes jackal
3-2-2-2-1-1

You believe Chief is a villager. We know CF and Mckerney are. So unless you think bhlloy or NTN are, what about this makes Jackal look bad? Or am I misunderstanding you?

I believe Zinto is likely a villager which means the two or three wolves didn't touch him. It is certainly possible that wolves decided to jump on other candidates besides Jackal as there were other options. However, I'd say it's more likely a wolf does in fact jump on him at some point than not.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #249
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess I could see that if there weren't other players who also got not second votes. Bhlloy and NTN also had no one jump on them. I guess I don't know the times of those votes, but it seems they all had plenty of time to have someone jump on them. I can agree that we had unusual spread in the votes though, which could mean a wolf or two in the mix there.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #250
Danny
Head Coach

I could vote bhlloy. For ntn, I know I feel bad voting him day 1 right now cause he was pretty much getting day 1 or 2 voted out for several games in a row. Its possible others feel the same. I would vote him over the current candidates though.