Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #101
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So is it worth the purchase or not?

I might be up to getting a new game and trading in all my crap games I have on the shelf I don't play anymore.

Yes - this question.

Is it a significant enough upgrade over NHL 12?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #102
Logan
Head Coach

You bastards can find out if it's worth purchasing after my question for which I bumped this thread gets answered!!!

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #103
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I feel very stupid to need to ask this. I'm playing in the Be a GM mode and I traded for Yakupov. Cost me a shit ton. But now he's nowhere to be found on my roster. On the NHL/AHL moves screen, he's not there. I can see him on my "contract" screen if I toggle from "major roster" (or whatever it's called) to "in the system". I'm guessing I need to do something else, sign him to a different deal or something, in order to get him on my roster so I can play with him. There's some kind of icon next to his name but despite having a 46" LED and great vision, I have no idea what it says or means.

Any help guys?

Maybe if you post a screenshot, someone can tell you!

That said, I haven't spent as much time as I'd like with NHL 13 because of school, but I've enjoyed what I have played so far.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #104
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Maybe if you post a screenshot, someone can tell you!

Did some image searching, pretty sure it's the CHL logo.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #105
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Did some image searching, pretty sure it's the CHL logo.

What are you asking US for, then?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #106
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
What are you asking US for, then?

JFC, did you read the rest of my post? I wasn't asking for help identifying the logo, but for help in how to get a player whose rights I now own onto my active roster.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #107
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
JFC, did you read the rest of my post? I wasn't asking for help identifying the logo, but for help in how to get a player whose rights I now own onto my active roster.

Found this on another forum:

Quote:
If you want to activate him you must have him on your nhl roster when the season opens. Same thing with Morrow. After that the players can move between the AHL and NHL, but if you don't call them up before waivers begin, they will play in juniors for the entire season.

I'd bet he's on a junior team right now and you acquired him after the waiver period began. You'll be able to call him up next season, but not until then.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #108
Logan
Head Coach

Thank you.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #109
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep, what SA said.

I just play on defaults AS and play every other game. Game is quite fun though, the skating in 13 is much improved, so yes it's worth it over 12.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #110
TLK
Pro Starter

What's the best way to play the game if I haven't played a hockey game since NHL 95? I played a few games on the default settings but was overwhelmed.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #111
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
What's the best way to play the game if I haven't played a hockey game since NHL 95? I played a few games on the default settings but was overwhelmed.

Start on rookie and go up from there. I believe there are tutorials as well.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #112
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post

You can also simplify the controls to the NHL 94/95 era controls. I've never tried it but the option is there if you want to check it out.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Finally getting to where my skill level is getting in sync with the difficulty level I'm playing on.

Drafted a GM-mode team. My first season wasn't great because I was still trying to get my skill up to my difficulty level (I think the new skating had me out of position on defense too often). Probably also didn't help that I sort of ummm...forgot to draft a goalie early. So I ended up with Nabokov as my goalie.

Then again, my lines were something like this

D. Sedin - Thornton - Gionta
Heatley - Lecavalier - Iginla
Kreider - ? - Eric Cole
Mats Zucarello - ? - Cam Atkinson

Top 2 D-pairing were
Chara - Giordano
Ekstrom - someone decent and more defense

So my team wasn't BAD.

Let Iginla walk (despite wanting him back). Ditched Cole. Nabokov retired. Eddie Lack took over between the pipes (he was my backup last year) and he's up to like an 84, so I have some quality GKing.

Zucarello is up on the 2nd line wing now along with Heatley, and Atkinson and Kreider are playing together (yes I've thought about making a Boston College line including Gionta - but I might just create a custom team of BC alums like I did in NHL 12).

Had a close game that turned late into a 4-1 blowout in the 3rd period, followed by a 2-1 squeaker, where I gave up a goal with like 10 minutes left in the game and was hanging on from there. Also had some nice close losses in preseason.

I think the #1 key to turning it around and winning more consistently for me is letting the AI play more of the on-puck defense, because I still tend to overskate there, or take dumb tripping penalties.

Loving it though!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #114
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI in case anyone's curious I'm using Cycloniac's TrueSim settings from OS.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #115
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Back-to-back 6-2 loss (I just couldn't frigging score, and everything they shot went right in) and a 5-1 win.

I'd say the difficulty is just right.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #116
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This is my #1 sports video game.. played two full seasons, didn't make the playoffs my first season and then was a #4 seed in my second season after some trades and what not.

I beat the #5 team Minnesota in 5 games and then beat the #2 team Columbus in 6 games.

I'm facing the #1 team Phoenix in the Western Conference finals and they have quite a team and the best goalie in the league in Mike Smith.. good grief I'm now down 3 games to 0 and he saves every FREAKING thing! Halak is an 85 and Smith is an 84, but Halak sucks in this series!

Makes me feel like I'm taking on LA and Quick.

Well, once my season is over I have NHL 14 ready to pop in and start all over again.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-05-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #117
dave731
High School JV

I'm still playing this game also...I started a GM Connected with a friend and we are on the same team (Pittsburgh) and have the most fun I've ever had in a sports game...As long as they keep the servers up, I will not stop playing this one.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #118
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731 View Post
I'm still playing this game also...I started a GM Connected with a friend and we are on the same team (Pittsburgh) and have the most fun I've ever had in a sports game...As long as they keep the servers up, I will not stop playing this one.

I'm excited to get into NHL 14, but I don't want to end this playoff run either.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #119
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Are all the other teams run by the computer? Just curious as some friends of mine and I are doing a GM Connected in 14 and it's a blast, but I hadn't considered doing a dual owner team and playing co-op. I'm assuming you guys play the games together or are you acting as co-GMs and simming games?
Old 12-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #120
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Are all the other teams run by the computer? Just curious as some friends of mine and I are doing a GM Connected in 14 and it's a blast, but I hadn't considered doing a dual owner team and playing co-op. I'm assuming you guys play the games together or are you acting as co-GMs and simming games?
All other teams are cpu AI...we do make decisions about our roster/depth chart and possible trades. We also player lock on RW and LW. We have played every game together. Some crazy moments throughout...both of us have been the goat and the hero in many games.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #121
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
All other teams are cpu AI...we do make decisions about our roster/depth chart and possible trades. We also player lock on RW and LW. We have played every game together. Some crazy moments throughout...both of us have been the goat and the hero in many games.

That's awesome, thanks for the follow up. I'm working on setting up something like this in NHL14 with a buddy and we're going to use some custom 89-90 rosters. We're both pretty excited about the idea and using the vintage Oilers lineup.