Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #251
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I agree. It would make the system a complete joke unless Florida State actually did something wrong. At this point Florida State is following the rules of "innocent until proven guilty" unless I am missing something?

I would speculate FSU probably feels he is innocent otherwise he wouldnt be playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida State University
In the event the student-athlete is charged with a felony, absent extraordinary circumstances as determined by the administration, he/she will not be permitted to represent FSU Athletics in game competition until such time as the charge is resolved and all court, university and athletics department conditions for reinstatement have been met.

If he actually gets charged and "we have a chance to play in the national championship" becomes "extraordinary circumstances," I think I'd support FSU getting dropped to #3 just on general principle. If the title game supercedes principle, why even have a rule prohibiting players charged with a felony from representing the school?

"Oh, that dude on the track team? Fuck him. He's suspended. The star QB of the football team with the national title on the line? Can't sit him. Give him a waiver."
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #252
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'd love to see Ohio State and Florida State win out and then get jumped, just because I would like to see Jim Delaney or John Swofford go nuclear.

It shouldn't happen, but it would be fun.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #253
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal Carolina cruised to an easy victory in the first round of the fcs playoffs over Bethune-Cookman. Next up is a trip to the frozen tundra of #8 seeded Montana. It will be interesting to see how much if any the cold weather predicted then bothers the Chants. It was cold the past week or two here, but not as cold as it likely will be in Montana, and there's a chance of snow as well. It will be in the 60's and 70's here by the end of the week so the cold will probably affect them even more.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #254
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'd love to see Ohio State and Florida State win out and then get jumped, just because I would like to see Jim Delaney or John Swofford go nuclear.

It shouldn't happen, but it would be fun.

You do realize basketball season has started, right?

Swofford wouldnt even realize.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #255
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Coastal Carolina cruised to an easy victory in the first round of the fcs playoffs over Bethune-Cookman. Next up is a trip to the frozen tundra of #8 seeded Montana. It will be interesting to see how much if any the cold weather predicted then bothers the Chants. It was cold the past week or two here, but not as cold as it likely will be in Montana, and there's a chance of snow as well. It will be in the 60's and 70's here by the end of the week so the cold will probably affect them even more.

IMO one of the best 2 teams in the FCS is Towson, however, they don't play complete games. The talent they have is amazing but they either don't wake up till the 2nd quarter or take the 4th quarter off. They have Fordham this week who is no easy task.

Another interesting game is Maine and New Hampshire. Maine got the whole way through the CAA beating some really tough teams and then dropped their final game of the year to a 4 loss New Hampshire team.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #256
tarcone
Coordinator

That was the best weekend of college football I've seen in a long time.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #257
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
IMO one of the best 2 teams in the FCS is Towson, however, they don't play complete games. The talent they have is amazing but they either don't wake up till the 2nd quarter or take the 4th quarter off. They have Fordham this week who is no easy task.

Another interesting game is Maine and New Hampshire. Maine got the whole way through the CAA beating some really tough teams and then dropped their final game of the year to a 4 loss New Hampshire team.

I think people are vastly underestimating how good Eastern Illinois is. Have an NFL caliber QB and have almost no weaknesses. They destroyed San Diego State this year and were incredibly close to knocking off Northern Illinois in Dekalb.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #258
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
If Winston was indicted this week, I guarantee one of the SEC teams would pass them regardless of result. From what I've seen, it likely won't happen this week, so it probably doesn't matter. With that said, I hope it doesn't happen because if FSU makes the game and he's out for it, it makes a travesty of the NC game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
Sorry, but no. FSU is a complete team and will do just fine without Winston. Assuming the inevitable Duke blowout, any idiot voter that screws the team over because of an indictment should lose their voting privileges.
This. Even if you think Winston being indicted should be treated differently than an injury (and I don't), and you think he's an amazing player (which I do), he hasn't exactly been Doug Flutie with '84 BC or Cam Newton with '10 Auburn - i.e. dragging a flawed team to an extra 2-3 wins by his talent alone. They've been a juggernaut blowing out top 25 opponents by an average of 42 points per game. The running backs average 7ypc, the defense allows 11 ppg while almost all the starters have spent more time playing hangman in the 2nd half than football. I'm not saying they can't be beat, perhaps even by a relatively unimpressive Ohio State team just like 2002 Miami, but they clearly deserve to be in the title game Winston or no Winston, and I guarantee no 1-loss team is jumping them.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #259
Easy Mac

In FCS news, Furman is off to Fargo to play North Dakota State.

If you had told me 6 weeks ago Furman would finish about .500 this year, let alone win a playoff game, I would have said you were insane.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #260
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
In FCS news, Furman is off to Fargo to play North Dakota State.

If you had told me 6 weeks ago Furman would finish about .500 this year, let alone win a playoff game, I would have said you were insane.

And if by some miracle both Furman and Coastal Carolina win, it would be an all South Carolina matchup in the next round. How crazy would that be?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #261
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Cremated human remains found on Auburn’s field after Iron Bowl victory | Saturday Down South
Old 12-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #262
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think people are vastly underestimating how good Eastern Illinois is. Have an NFL caliber QB and have almost no weaknesses. They destroyed San Diego State this year and were incredibly close to knocking off Northern Illinois in Dekalb.

They couldn't stop the run last night.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #263
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan Wolverines boost schedule without Notre Dame Fighting Irish - ESPN
Old 12-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #264
Butter
Coordinator

You know, it is kind of annoying when I hear all the talk about how Ohio State hasn't played anyone and is afraid to play anyone. When anyone who knows anything about CFB scheduling knows that many of these games are scheduled multiple years in advance, sometimes nearly a decade out.

When OSU got Cal on the schedule, they were a top-25 team. By the time we played them the last 2 years they were terrible.

Ohio State has upcoming home-and-homes with Virginia Tech (who has not been good for a couple of years now), Oklahoma, TCU, Oregon, and Texas. But who knows if by the time we get to 2020 if Oregon will be any good? Hell, Ohio State might be the weak one in the matchup by then.

I guess what I'm saying is, it looks good on paper, but who knows how it'll end up?